Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:18 pm

Now I keep thinking about Kylo's, "You're just a scavenger?" line in this new context.

And I agree with @Lovely_Rose. I liked that Rey was a "no one."
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Tex on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:19 pm

@DarthRen

BWHAHAHA the force as Tinder. Love it!

I'm not sure how the prince/princess thing would affect their mysterious connection. However are babies just possibly went from #PowerCouple to #RoyalPowerCouple Razz

Also this totally changes the context of Kylo's line "You a savenger". In the same way that Rey says "A creature in a mask". Both will have misjudged the other. Neither are who they appear to be.
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:20 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Now I keep thinking about Kylo's, "You're just a scavenger?" line in this new context.

@Cowgirlsamurai

LOL omg are we reading each other's minds? Very Happy
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:22 pm

@Tex wrote:Yeah I agree with all the references to the elder houses. That and them dropping the fact that Ben has royal blood and is in fact a prince. I mean it can't all be coincidence? They are pushing this stuff for a reason.

As for JJ's commentary it's just great how he actually describes Rey as Sleeping Beauty. A character who is hidden by her parents, the king and queen, to be kept safe. She's discovered in the woods by a prince. Add dancing in the woods and knowing each other in a dream to that mix. The prince in a nutshell awakens her and helps her realize her place as royalty. I mean these are things we've all talked about, but damn does it feel good to see this stuff coming full circle.

@Tex - It goes back to Irving Kershner on ESB, "this is a fairy tale." The Elder House references are in Claudia Grey's book and then there's the "let's catch up with Lando" section of Empire's End where he learns that Han has got Leia knocked up and is like "woo boy, their kid's gonna be a troublemaker being half pirate half royalty." And a bunch of us, especially having read some or all of those novels, immediately picked up on the dark fairytale themes long before JJ's DVD commentary sort of confirmed it. Or the poster reveals with "Little Rey'd Riding Hood" (who ends up in bed with the wolf and running off with him in Angela Carter's re-telling because they are perfect for each other). The use of this specific terminology is not random, especially coming from the actor who was brought in at the ground floor and had some part of the discussions about the entire trilogy/themes before agreeing to sign on with it.

Ha, yes just wait until @Darth Dingbat wakes up to this news. Christmas came early for her!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:23 pm

@Tex wrote:@DarthRen

BWHAHAHA the force as Tinder. Love it!

I'm not sure how the prince/princess thing would affect their mysterious connection. However are babies just possibly went from #PowerCouple to #RoyalPowerCouple Razz

Also this totally changes the context of Kylo's line "You a savenger". In the same way that Rey says "A creature in a mask". Both will have misjudged the other. Neither are who they appear to be.
@Tex

I love this bit about princess because it not only puts Skywalker theory to rest but also gives new possibility and hype to it.

You know what makes me wonder. When Han was around, Rey was fine with being a scavenger but when Prince Kylo was around ... she was annoyed or embarassed to be called that way. I mean future husband should have a higher opinion of his future wife, ain't it? Very Happy
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:24 pm

Pabs marking himself as "safe" during the Tumblr Reaction to AD GQ Interview made my night lol!
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:27 pm

@Tex wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Now I keep thinking about Kylo's, "You're just a scavenger?" line in this new context.

@Cowgirlsamurai

LOL omg are we reading each other's minds? Very Happy
@Tex

yup, that was the first thing that came to my mind. I made a comment about that like 3 pages back about the tone in his voice when he says "you, a scavenger" and the tear filled grimace she has when he says that
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:31 pm

Kylo: You... a scavenger?
Rey: ...
Rey: ....
Rey: I'M A PRINCESS, YOU a**.

Jokes aside... I don't want to jump to conclusions as long as I don't have the full article. What we have could be clickbait. It could be Adam talking about Leia or making a comparison. That's what I'm going to believe until the full article comes out.

This said, Pablo's reaction is VERY fishy. And boy, if Rey really is Anastasia-in-space, Rey and Kylo's story is reminding me of King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid - that story inspired Edward Burne-Jones a painting, which in turn inspired one of my favorite Reylo fanarts, but I can't post them right now, unfortunately...
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:31 pm

@AceofWands wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:If this is about Rey, it's a nail in the Reywalker coffin. There's no way they'd explain it as Luke getting with someone royal and conceiving baby Rey, because that would involve a whole long explanation of what that is, how that happened, why Rey ended up the "lost princess" from both Luke and her mother, and why Luke seemed to have no clue about it based on the fact that he kept going around the galaxy with Ben seemingly unaware or uncaring of any existing daughter. That would put way, WAY too much emphasis on Luke. Half the movie would have to be about him explaining that, and not Rey.
@ZioRen

But that's the whole point of a lot of the people with the Reywalker theory: having the ST about Luke.

@AceofWands

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me how many people just flat out psychologically [i]deny[i] that GL is gone, SW has new leadership that will want to make his own mark, and that a 65 year-old Mark Hamill can't be expected to carry the largest franchise in the world indefinitely.  There are reasons why Adam and Daisy and Oscar and John and Kelly and even Gwen and Domhall will be all over the place in gorgeous pictures.  This is the new group taking over.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:32 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@Forsythia wrote:Why does Prince Kylo and Princess Rey make me think of arranged marriage/engagement tropes? Very Happy
@Forsythia

Maybe we're looking too much into it. I thought about and wanted to write a comment about it.  What a Face

What if Leia and members of some other powerful family had an arrangement that firstborn son and daughter would get married. Then all hell breaks loose. It worked like that in our history, male and female from two families were destined to marry based on their agreement of some kind. The Force just brought them on the right track.

Since this Prince Kylo and Princess Rey ... bless you AD. Smile
@DarthRen
And Snoke wants them to fulfill their destiny.

@MrsWindu wrote:‘......The man behind the mask was not a man at all, but rather a young person struggling to come of age. "I remember the initial conversations about having things 'skinned'," Driver recalls, "peeling away layers to evolve into other people, and the person Kylo's pretending to be on the outside is not who he is. He's a vulnerable kid who doesn't know where to put his energy, but when he puts his mask on, suddenly, he's playing a role. JJ had that idea initially and I think Rian took it to the next level."....
This is pretty much how Reylos interpreted Kylo's character for almost two years now, and what antis always refused to see.

Forsythia
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:32 pm

From Daisy's interview.....

“Whatever the answer is, I hope everyone will enjoy that moment.” flower

Whether AD dropped a spoiler bomb or not, Daisy's interview clues us into a couple of things.

1. There is lineage to be revealed it won't be ... your parents were nobody and or traded her for a ship to escape Jakku  Sad  Sad

2. It won't be a horrific moment... Or Daisy is a massive troll  Smile

Hey Rey look at your Grandpa... affraid  affraid

3. It won't be a ... Look Rey, this is your father A King that we have never heard of that will mean nothing to the audience, Luke or Kylo..K/Queen

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm

@SheLitAFire @DarthRen

I'm completely in love with how much TLJ is going to alter our perception of TFA.  H-beating  It's adding a whole new layer and context to the film that's going to hopefully pull it out of this sentiment of "Its a remake of ANH".
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:40 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:From Daisy's interview.....

Whether AD dropped a spoiler bomb or not, Daisy's interview clues us into a couple of things.

1. There is lineage to be revealed it won't be ... your parents were nobody and or traded her for a ship to escape Jakku  Sad  Sad

3. It won't be a ... Look Rey, this is your father A King that we have never heard of that will mean nothing to the audience, Luke or Kylo..K/Queen

@spacebaby45678

Rian Johnson interview from this summer:

Q: Are we going to find out who her parents are?
RJ: Uh..mmmmmmmmm....it's something that is absolutely going to be addressed in the movie

Q: It will be addressed but there won't be clarification?
RJ: It depends on...I can't say! I was about to say something! You almost got me!

Hmmmmm will it be clear? "it depends on..." I've thought about this quote A LOT the last few months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:41 pm

@Irina de France wrote:Kylo: You... a scavenger?
Rey: ...
Rey: ....
Rey: I'M A PRINCESS, YOU a**.

Jokes aside... I don't want to jump to conclusions as long as I don't have the full article. What we have could be clickbait. It could be Adam talking about Leia or making a comparison. That's what I'm going to believe until the full article comes out.

This said, Pablo's reaction is VERY fishy. And boy, if Rey really is Anastasia-in-space, Rey and Kylo's story is reminding me of King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid - that story inspired Edward Burne-Jones a painting, which in turn inspired one of my favorite Reylo fanarts, but I can't post them right now, unfortunately...
@Irina de France

Oh, that's one of my favorites too! I'll put the images in a spoiler cut...

The art:

The Knight of Ren and the Scavenger Girl by Magdalena Korzeniewska 
Inspired by King Cophetua and the Beggar Maid by Edward Burne-Jones.
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:43 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:From Daisy's interview.....

@spacebaby45678

Rian Johnson interview from this summer:

Q: Are we going to find out who her parents are?
RJ: Uh..mmmmmmmmm....it's something that is absolutely going to be addressed in the movie

Q: It will be addressed but there won't be clarification?
RJ: It depends on...I can't say! I was about to say something! You almost got me!

Hmmmmm will it be clear? "it depends on..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I
@SheLitAFire

Exactly, it will be addressed... so maybe you find out Rey's lineage but the story will be told in books & comics. This tells me that Rey's backstory is complicated. And that is good. Rey the scavenger who parents dumped her on Jakku for a spaceship to escape indentured servitude does not need ancillary literature to explain.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm

So if the Princess reveal is true (not that i believe it already), should we bring back the Renperor and Reyempress theory? Lol
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:47 pm

@Tex wrote:@SheLitAFire @DarthRen

I'm completely in love with how much TLJ is going to alter our perception of TFA.  H-beating  It's adding a whole new layer and context to the film that's going to hopefully pull it out of this sentiment of "Its a remake of ANH".
@Tex

The way how to summarize this news with reactions would be...

Daisy:

Antis:

@"DarthDingbat":

Fellow Reylos everywhere:

Me:

You know what, I'm really glad we'll know who are Rey parents and her origins. Imagine another 2 years to Episode IX with Reywalker theory around. Sleep
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:50 pm

@shii405 wrote:So if the Princess reveal is true (not that i believe it already), should we bring back the Renperor and Reyempress theory? Lol
@shii405

LOL I foresee tons of fic writers suddenly typing on their computers with renewed inspiration! I can't wait to reap the benefits of Adam's quote. Razz
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:52 pm

Even if Rey's lineage revealed in TLJ and her parents are neither Luke nor Leia, Reywalkers would just take it as another misdirection thinking the real hidden truth will be revealed in IX. I say, don't count on it too much.  Razz
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm

I just thought about the little girl who played baby Rey. She said she was in war clothes. Could this mean there was a war on her planet? Perhaps one she had something to do with? Or didn’t, but repressed her Force powers because she blamed herself? Then they were awakened again when Kylo came into her orbit? Just a thought.
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 10:00 pm

@PalmettoBlue wrote:I just thought about the little girl who played baby Rey. She said she was in war clothes. Could this mean there was a war on her planet? Perhaps one she had something to do with? Or didn’t, but repressed her Force powers because she blamed herself? Then they were awakened again when Kylo came into her orbit? Just a thought.
@PalmettoBlue

Yeah, the war clothes are very interesting. Maybe she was put in those clothes to disguise her ... or she did come from some war-torn people? Medieval kings participated in battles, sometimes women too. I think Queen Matilda of England, Henry II's mother went into battle. Also, it could be kind of like a Viking kingdom like portrayed in LOTR with Rohan, where women take a military role. For all we know Rey could be from the equal opportunity version of Sparta where both women and men get to scream, "This! Is! Sparta!!!!" and then kick a**. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 10:52 pm

If they're referencing fairy tales, they've also referenced the Bible all along. Rey getting left on Jakku could be like Moses in the bullrushes. We've got the Parable of the Prodigal Son happening with Kylo and when I re-watched the Elia Kazan adaption of East of Eden, boy did all of its themes to do with Genesis hit me over the head. And Cal Trask is very much the Prodigal Son in tandem with Abra Bacon, the daughter of corruption whose arc is about choosing your own path counter to your lineage.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 10:58 pm

So, it sounds to me like Rey may very well know who she is, or at least have some idea, if she's hiding that in order to survive. Which, once again, kills any possibility of her being related to anyone we saw in TFA. If she knows she's a Skywalker or a Solo, surely she would've, y'know, said something about that when meeting that family.

And Pablo did say that Rey would recognize her family if she saw them, because otherwise what is she waiting for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 11:46 pm

Wow! Two whoppers dropped on the same night!

That means Rey Solo and Reynobi (if i understand the whole EU thing correctly) go up. Rey Skywalker ... well, we know the story there.

But Kylo would recognize his sister and vice versa. And again, they wouldn't have a coded sex scene for relatives after all the sister-kissing thing in the OT.

Would they?

Which podcast is it that was onto Rey as princess and are big Reylos and Reynobi fans.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 11:55 pm

Wait, Luke is a hidden prince. And it could be Palpatine. They're all royalty. AD didn't clarify crap.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum