Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 12:07 am

@Kylo Men wrote:Wait, Luke is a hidden prince. And it could be Palpatine. They're all royalty. AD didn't clarify crap.
@Kylo Men

HAHAHAHAH

Oh AD dropped a headache on the fandom!
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 12:19 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Luke is not a prince because Naboo's monarch (unlike Alderaan's) is elected by vote and Padme was only a senator when the twins were born. Confus
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 12:21 am

WhatGirl wrote:So, it sounds to me like Rey may very well know who she is, or at least have some idea, if she's hiding that in order to survive. Which, once again, kills any possibility of her being related to anyone we saw in TFA. If she knows she's a Skywalker or a Solo, surely she would've, y'know, said something about that when meeting that family.

And Pablo did say that Rey would recognize her family if she saw them, because otherwise what is she waiting for?
@WhatGirl

I agree, and yeah, I think Pablo did say that she would recognize her family.  Someone will have to scour his tweets on this.  I think he also said that her memories might be unreliable ... but if she has unreliable memories, she has memories.  She remembers the ship leaving.  So why wouldn't she remember the parents?  Why wouldn't she feel a force connection to Han or Luke or Leia if they were her parents? (She didn't or the TFA script would have said it).  She felt a connection to Kylo, but that could be based on rawpowah/destiny and would have nothing to do with family.

She also said that she is "classified/top secret".  She tells Finn her family is none of her business.  She is dressed in war clothing and keeps up the same look for the rest of her life.  Why does she think that they will return? Because maybe someone told her they would.

I mean Rey could very well be royal, but that doesn't mean that they were good royals.   That whole Canto Bight thing had a sinister Eyes Wide Shut look to it, and I remember people like @Darth Dingbat and @Panki talking about old EU stuff where certain royal families were from different schools of dark side usage and how they would revere certain dark masters.

Also remember how JJ said that the FO was like the Boys from Brazil, like if escaped Nazis in South America were trying to recreate the Third Reich. Those people idolized Hitler. Maybe Rey's family idolized somebody evil too, or maybe at least part of the family did. Maybe her branch was killed but higher-ranking uncle still lived or something.  Maybe some other relative or a servant or more subordinate parents stole her away before a higher ranking family member put her on a platter for Snoke's use and instruction, and then those people were killed.

Kylo's statement about killing your past could very well refer to her being from bad people or at the very least disappointing people.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:07 am

@Kylo Men wrote:Wow! Two whoppers dropped on the same night!

That means Rey Solo and Reynobi (if i understand the whole EU thing correctly) go up. Rey Skywalker ... well, we know the story there.

But Kylo would recognize his sister and vice versa. And again, they wouldn't have a coded sex scene for relatives after all the sister-kissing thing in the OT.

Would they?

Which podcast is it that was onto Rey as princess and are big Reylos and Reynobi fans.
@Kylo Men

I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that he meant Leia-- what we already know from Bloodline.  She hid her origin as Darth Vader's daughter in order to survive (and look what happened when people found it out-- she was onto something there.). And in this film, I think we will see what that revelation did to her son when he found out, and maybe even when his peers found out.

I don't think it's about Rey at all.  I really can't imagine him giving that much away, and we know that everything he said does apply to Leia.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:18 am

@Lily Snape wrote:

That means Rey Solo and Reynobi (if i understand the whole EU thing correctly) go up. Rey Skywalker ... well, we know the story there.

But Kylo would recognize his sister and vice versa. And again, they wouldn't have a coded sex scene for relatives after all the sister-kissing thing in the OT.

Would they?

Which podcast is it that was onto Rey as princess and are big Reylos and Reynobi fans.
@Kylo Men

I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that he meant Leia-- what we already know from Bloodline.  She hid her origin as Darth Vader's daughter in order to survive (and look what happened when people found it out-- she was onto something there.). And in this film, I think we will see what that revelation did to her son when he found out, and maybe even when his peers found out.

I don't think it's about Rey at all.  I really can't imagine him giving that much away, and we know that everything he said does apply to Leia.
@Lily Snape

Sorry for the double post, but I can't help but think that we are all so familiar with spoilers that we are blasé about what we found out about Leia and her heritage in Bloodline.  The GA, though, is probably going to be surprised that she had kept it secret, even from her own son.  And the GA is probably not expecting to find out the backstory and what the Vader secret did to this family.  So yes, this is a big deal, but not to people who have been following the backstory.  We are looking for something more, hence the fandom jumping all over the Princess Rey theory.

I'm also going on the assumption that Adam Driver is bright enough not to land himself with a big bill from the Lucasfilm lawyers for spilling some major beans.  I'm certain Leia is the princess in question here.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:22 am

@Moonlight13 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Luke is not a prince because Naboo's monarch (unlike Alderaan's) is elected by vote and Padme was only a senator when the twins were born. Confus
@Moonlight13

Yeah, but in retrospect, that was the first sign that Lucas had lost it.

I need a princess.

But I want the story to be a story about the loss of democracy.

I'll just make her elected.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:39 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:So, it sounds to me like Rey may very well know who she is, or at least have some idea, if she's hiding that in order to survive. Which, once again, kills any possibility of her being related to anyone we saw in TFA. If she knows she's a Skywalker or a Solo, surely she would've, y'know, said something about that when meeting that family.

And Pablo did say that Rey would recognize her family if she saw them, because otherwise what is she waiting for?
@WhatGirl

I agree, and yeah, I think Pablo did say that she would recognize her family.  Someone will have to scour his tweets on this.  I think he also said that her memories might be unreliable ... but if she has unreliable memories, she has memories.  She remembers the ship leaving.  So why wouldn't she remember the parents?  Why wouldn't she feel a force connection to Han or Luke or Leia if they were her parents? (She didn't or the TFA script would have said it).  She felt a connection to Kylo, but that could be based on rawpowah/destiny and would have nothing to do with family.

She also said that she is "classified/top secret".  She tells Finn her family is none of her business.  She is dressed in war clothing and keeps up the same look for the rest of her life.  Why does she think that they will return? Because maybe someone told her they would.

I mean Rey could very well be royal, but that doesn't mean that they were good royals.   That whole Canto Bight thing had a sinister Eyes Wide Shut look to it, and I remember people like @Darth Dingbat and @Panki talking about old EU stuff where certain royal families were from different schools of dark side usage and how they would revere certain dark masters.

Also remember how JJ said that the FO was like the Boys from Brazil, like if escaped Nazis in South America were trying to recreate the Third Reich. Those people idolized Hitler. Maybe Rey's family idolized somebody evil too, or maybe at least part of the family did. Maybe her branch was killed but higher-ranking uncle still lived or something.  Maybe some other relative or a servant or more subordinate parents stole her away before a higher ranking family member put her on a platter for Snoke's use and instruction, and then those people were killed.

Kylo's statement about killing your past could very well refer to her being from bad people or at the very least disappointing people.
@SoloSideCousin

Well, if you look at the GRG-lookwhachumademedo spoiler - all grains of salt intact - he said Rey's parents were people tied to the FO, and GRG said, yes, but there's more to it. Which, if the spoiler has any validity, I took that to mean most likely Palpatine, although possibly Kenobi. That spoiler completely fits AD's slip.

I've always thought Breznican's allegiance to Reynobi comes from the fact he was told that by a major player on background - JJ, RJ, KK - and he's always made it seem less certain than he knows it to be. The fact that a screenwriter with ties to LF also has publicly stated he heard the same thing makes that my significant-person default position. And if JJ's episode IX goal is to tie up the whole thing .... a Kenobi would seem essential. It would take a little explanation, but they have the whole Obi-Wan movie to go into that.

I have 90 percent confidence that Rey was a Kenobi at some point in time. It's a question of whether that remained the plan.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:55 am

Hi Everyone, I'm loving reading all the joy and excitement over AD's quote Smile
It is a very curious quote!!
I don't want to rain on the princess parade.. but for me - if this is true, it feels a bit blah..
I agree with commenters who prefer her to not be a princess. [but accept it maybe part of the story we get Smile who knows! ]

For me, I'm much more excited about the Rey and Kylo shared raw powah reveal. It has so many fascinating implications, than someone being a princess..
I could be failing to see the possibilities- but I'm actually much more excited about the new Daisy quote @FrolickingFizzgig shared - and the crossing of boundaries in the relationship between Rey and Kylo. WHOOOOO WHAAAA!

@FrolickingFizzgig thanks so much for sharing the quote! [it's a few pages back now Wink ]
Here it is again: "What I want you to pay attention to is that the light and dark sides are not so clearly divided in The Last Jedi. The boundary between good and evil becomes increasingly vague, and so does the relationship between Rey and Kylo. In fact, Kylo believes that his actions are justified. How will Rey be able to make the right decision? The truth will be revealed through the characters' different affiliations. Johnson's idea is really wonderful." - Daisy Ridley

I am curious about when Daisy says Kylo thinks he is doing the right thing. I had heard that somewhere before - but I've found this idea pretty mysterious up till now. Is it just me? TFA left me not really understanding it enough to get it... maybe it was just me Smile

Oh well, the full story is still in motion...
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:58 am

Some of us have been saying she's royalty in hiding from day dot.  Goodbye Rey born of dirt and farmers.

She was never just some absolute nobody born of nothing from a bunch of random farmers

Remember her name means king.  Her original name in Russian it means queen of the people

"Rey is like anastasia" - George Lucas son 

This information has been here for 2 years but it was widely ignored.

Anastasia was a Russian  "princess" who can't remember she's a darn princess and her grandmother is the one who knows.  I bet you the emphasis on Rey learning she's royalty is when she discovers who her grand parents are.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:59 am

@Kylo Men wrote:
I have 90 percent confidence that Rey was a Kenobi at some point in time. It's a question of whether that remained the plan.
@Kylo Men

Hm, I wouldn't mind if she is a Kenobi- but I truly doubt it and don't get why so many of you will think that? I read some of the "clues" but none of it seems really convincing to me. Nope

Am I'm the only one who doesn't give a sith where she came from as long as she isn't related to Kylo? She is just Rey for me and that's totally enough.

Regarding Adam's interview:
I'm not sure what to think about it... at first I thought he's talking about Leia, too- but from the context it seems more likely he is really talking about Rey. But princess could also mean something metaphorical and not literally that she is royal. Confus
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:08 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:
@Kylo Men

Hm, I wouldn't mind if she is a Kenobi- but I truly doubt it and don't get why so many of you will think that? I read some of the "clues" but none of it seems really convincing to me. Nope

Am I'm the only one who doesn't give a sith where she came from as long as she isn't related to Kylo? She is just Rey for me and that's totally enough.

I'm not sure what to think about it... at first I thought he's talking about Leia, too- but from the context it seems more likely he is really talking about Rey. But princess could also mean something metaphorical and not literally that she is royal. Confus
@Night Huntress

Daisy said that who Rey is has never changed and is not allowed to change. She says tfa answers a lot.

The force awakens is riddled with huge clues about who she is.   So they changed it that late in the game?  I doubt it.  A story for a nobody not tied to anyone of importance can be changed around.  Someone who is tied with star wars characters from the past?  Not so much I don't think.

The question is,  will she be a new princess and a whole new royal family invented.  Or will they tie it in with a wealth of characters and aristocracy  who already exist in the star wars universe?

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:09 am

Oh my, so this is what almost-validation feels like  albino

Can't wait to see the entire article for context, but I just can't see how that could be about Leia? For one thing, it would make sense for Adam to compare the hidden identities of the two leads instead of Kylo and Leia. For another, when has Leia hidden who she is "so she can survive"? And when has Leia been "hiding behind artifices"? He says both Kylo and the "princess" are "hiding behind these artifices" - how is Leia's role (seeing the Organas as her real parents) in any way comparable to Kylo hiding behind a mask and playing a role?

Moreover, Leia's Vader reveal is backstory - perhaps it will be touched in the film or not, but it's not happening right now, and Adam's hiding comment is present tense. He's talking about the current story, to the point that the author of the article has written SPOILER WARNING before that comment.

I don't know. If it was about Leia, I wouldn't think the emphasis would be so much on the theme of "hidden identity" which isn't the case with Leia at all? Your biological father doesn't determine your identity. But we'll see.

Obviously Adam isn't going to drop major spoilers without being coached to do so, so if the comment is about Rey I think we'll see the next marketing phase making it clear that Rey isn't a Skywalker (remember the Jyn Erso not-Skymom PSA?). Rey Skywalker served its purpose to keep other theories at bay for long, but it really doesn't make sense to let large swathes of people walk in to see the film expecting a totally different story than what they're getting. If you think about it, "hidden princess" doesn't actually reveal her backstory. What princess, who abandoned her, why? It's all a mystery still.

My theory was always the huntsman or "Babes in the Wood" scenario - or Perkin Warbeck scenario, more like, with little Rey threatened and sworn to secrecy about her identity, and told to stay put. I thought it could be because her family was meant to be killed (think Anastasia) or because her family wanted her dead (think Oedipus, or Babes in the Wood for that matter).

Anyway, Christmas came early indeed and I'm glad poor Rey Prana has climbed back on the table after lying in the dust for so long Wink Though Rey Palpatine is firmly on the table as far as I'm concerned. Rey Prana-Palpatine? Yes, I'll go with that for now.

Oh, what the heck, I'll post that gif anyway.

Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:16 am

@Gemini wrote:

The question is, will she be a new princess and a whole new royal family expired? Or will they tie it in with a wealth of characters and aristocracy who already exist?
@Gemini

I don't know- and don't care. I hope she is something new through... nothing against Kenobi, but for me that wouldn't add anything to the story.
Let old Obi-Wan rest in peace. And by the way... was Obi-Wan royalty? I don't know since I haven't followed all of the books/comics about his backstory. But I don't think so?

Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:44 am

I think that he is talking about Leia in the interview. I mean...Leia had to hide her identity as Vader's daughter because she knew how people would react, and guess what. It ruined her career in the senate, and in TFA made her worried that if she returned to Hosnian Prime, someone would assassinate her. Why would be Rey hiding her identity when she does not even know who she is?
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:51 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Oh my, so this is what almost-validation feels like  albino

Can't wait to see the entire article for context, but I just can't see how that could be about Leia? For one thing, it would make sense for Adam to compare the hidden identities of the two leads instead of Kylo and Leia. For another, when has Leia hidden who she is "so she can survive"? And when has Leia been "hiding behind artifices"? He says both Kylo and the "princess" are "hiding behind these artifices" - how is Leia's role (seeing the Organas as her real parents) in any way comparable to Kylo hiding behind a mask and playing a role?

Moreover, Leia's Vader reveal is backstory - perhaps it will be touched in the film or not, but it's not happening right now, and Adam's hiding comment is present tense. He's talking about the current story, to the point that the author of the article has written SPOILER WARNING before that comment.

I don't know. If it was about Leia, I wouldn't think the emphasis would be so much on the theme of "hidden identity" which isn't the case with Leia at all? Your biological father doesn't determine your identity. But we'll see.

Obviously Adam isn't going to drop major spoilers without being coached to do so, so if the comment is about Rey I think we'll see the next marketing phase making it clear that Rey isn't a Skywalker (remember the Jyn Erso not-Skymom PSA?). Rey Skywalker served its purpose to keep other theories at bay for long, but it really doesn't make sense to let large swathes of people walk in to see the film expecting a totally different story than what they're getting. If you think about it, "hidden princess" doesn't actually reveal her backstory. What princess, who abandoned her, why? It's all a mystery still.

My theory was always the huntsman or "Babes in the Wood" scenario - or Perkin Warbeck scenario, more like, with little Rey threatened and sworn to secrecy about her identity, and told to stay put. I thought it could be because her family was meant to be killed (think Anastasia) or because her family wanted her dead (think Oedipus, or Babes in the Wood for that matter).

Anyway, Christmas came early indeed and I'm glad poor Rey Prana has climbed back on the table after lying in the dust for so long Wink Though Rey Palpatine is firmly on the table as far as I'm concerned. Rey Prana-Palpatine? Yes, I'll go with that for now.

@Darth Dingbat

I was like 100 % sure this GIF would be here today!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:09 am

@Man Without A Star wrote:I think that he is talking about Leia in the interview. I mean...Leia had to hide her identity as Vader's daughter because she knew how people would react, and guess what. It ruined her career in the senate, and in TFA made her worried that if she returned to Hosnian Prime, someone would assassinate her. Why would be Rey hiding her identity when she does not even know who she is?
@Man Without A Star

But that's the thing... we don't know that she doesn't know. Yes, I know that Rey's Survival Guide or something said that Rey doesn't remember anything (I can't remember the exact quote though), but that wouldn't be the first inconsistency in canon.

In the film itself, all we know is that she deflects all questions about herself and volunteers no information. If she were hiding her true identity, that wouldn't contradict anything in TFA.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: "A princess hiding her identity" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" golden quotes

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:11 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:
@Kylo Men

@Night Huntress

Daisy said that who Rey is has never changed and is not allowed to change. She says tfa answers a lot.

The force awakens is riddled with huge clues about who she is.   So they changed it that late in the game?  I doubt it.  A story for a nobody not tied to anyone of importance can be changed around.  Someone who is tied with star wars characters from the past?  Not so much I don't think.

The question is,  will she be a new princess and a whole new royal family invented.  Or will they tie it in with a wealth of characters and aristocracy  who already exist in the star wars universe?
@Gemini

This article could be talking about Leia, or it could be about Rey.... Mandalore has a wealth of aristocracy G.O.T style with a Spartan like culture to boot... pretty sure it was Filoni who called them Space Spartans. Also, from Rebels Season 4, Hero's of Mandalore, Bo Katan has been appointed Regent of Mandalore that means the Heir the true heir of Mando's his a juvenile, absent or in hiding. I will go with in hiding.

Regardless of Royalty or not, Daisy say's we are going to be moved by her lineage reveal, on that alone we can dump Rey of nobody..., this quote also makes Rey Palpatine/Prana less than likely, that is why I love Daisy's quote the best, it gives us an emotional tenor for the lineage reveal which eliminates certain outcomes.

@snufkin

Moses in the bullrushes scenario for Rey is the mythological framework that I have always suspected and will stick with regardless if there is a walk back of AD's comments today.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" golden quotes discussion (merge)

Post by C.V on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:18 am

great to read daisy's quote and then adams but i highly doubt its about rey, dropping such a huge spoiler to one of the biggest questions people have been going crazy over for the last 2 years when TLJ is a month an half or so away. yeah i dont think so and not when they have held it to their chest for over 2 years.looks like the author insinuated adam was talking about rey and basically pointed to him giving it away therefore the spoiler tag, sucks for adam. i dont think adam would let it slip like that or LF or disney would want that to be spoiled until in the movie itself only because they have let the speculation run wild and stoke the flame. especially not in a GQ magazine.

edit: also glad what daisy said about rey's parentage, i was always on board with the rey nobody but not in the her parents/backstory were just some farmers or literal no ones.

Last edited by C.V on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
C.V
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:24 am

I think we should't read "princess" es literally, I understood it as "SW is fairytale with princes and princesses", Kylo is prince and Rey is princess.

+they said it's about Leia
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:27 am

Well, hot damn.... Smile

"And while that's noteworthy on its own, it's what Driver said about co-star Daisy Ridley's character that was most surprising.

"You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver said, speaking about Rey."

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/10/30/star-wars-the-last-jedi-spoiler-rey-parents/#1
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:28 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Oh my, so this is what almost-validation feels like  albino

@Darth Dingbat

Oh I am so happy that you have woken up to see these articles!!!!! I agree with everything that you say here!!! D

Just to get specific on a few things ... The princess thing is actually not new, because JJ described her as a princess and/or Cinderella in the documentary.  Also, he described Kylo as a dark prince, and the whole thing as a "fairy taie."  The "Little Red Riding Hood" posters just add to this.

Also, like you said, Adam Driver was talking about "artifice".  Where was there any artifice with Leia?  As far as the GA is concerned, Leia is the most straightforward, self-assured and frankly blunt one of the OT bunch.  OTOH, Rey opened the movie masked like Kylo was.  Her outfit is like a uniform, as it is very much like what she was wearing as a child.  She says she's classified.  Like Kylo she thinks that she is "supposed to" look like this.  Like standing there in beige and with three little buns is the person she is supposed to be, just like Kylo thinks he is supposed to be this masked darksider.  In fact, the mirroring between both of their TFA outfits hints that they are both doing the same thing, hiding behind an absolutist mask, when neither will be "absolutist' at all, as shown by the perfectly coordinated Daisy interview regarding the fusion of light and dark to reach the truth and the increasingly vague boundaries between she and Kylo.  And frankly both she, Kylo and Finn are like the "lost children" who grew up on shifting sands in the wake of the Galactic War.  None of them know where they belong, so they all are playing roles until they find their place.

Also "princess" could be metaphorical in that she is just a hidden child, like you suggest.  It doesn't mean that she needs to wear a pink ballgown and walk down a staircase.  She could be from warlords/chieftains from a warrior planet in the Unknown Regions taken over by the FO.  She could be a secret granddaughter.  She could be like a princess of place like Rohan or Sparta.  She could be the hidden daughter of a rich family of FO sympathizers that got on the wrong side of Snoke ... essentially should could be from people like the Malfoys, except Rey's people would wise up earlier and would try to escape when they had a force sensitive child but things went wrong.  She could the last remaining descendant of a long line of force users who people thought had died out.  She could be Palpatine's granddaughter or Prana's daughter.  There are just so many ways to go with this.

Adam actually didn't really spill anything.  He just debunked Rey Skywalker because Luke isn't royalty and because no canon book, including the most recent Legendary one, mentions no hide nor hair of a wife, nevermind a royal wife.  Disney wanted him to do that.  Had they not, he would not have even opened the Rey and Kylo door, just like he hasn't for the past several years.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:32 am

Would they?

@Kylo Men

How does that make Rey Solo go up? She is definitely not a Solo. It has been debunked so many times by Daisy herself.
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:38 am

"And while that's noteworthy on its own, it's what Driver said about co-star Daisy Ridley's character that was most surprising.

"You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver said, speaking about Rey."

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/10/30/star-wars-the-last-jedi-spoiler-rey-parents/#1

About the relationship between Luke and Ray, among the fans, the theory that two people are father and daughter is raised. Daisy, who said that the answer will be revealed in "the last Jedi" asserted, "Whatever the answer is, I hope everyone will enjoy that moment." "I knew the answer from a few years ago, but the story that Ryan Johnson co-authored (who worked on this work) was so wonderful as I can not imagine myself, honestly I was very moved. I think that everyone will be the moment when the mind is moved. "

I think Daisy's qoute is as or more important than AD revealing that Rey is a Princess...
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 4:04 am

@DeeBee wrote:I am curious about when Daisy says Kylo thinks he is doing the right thing. I had heard that somewhere before - but I've found this idea pretty mysterious up till now. Is it just me? TFA left me not really understanding it enough to get it... maybe it was just me Smile
@DeeBee

Adam mentioned this about twice in TFA promo interviews. He was asked "What kind of villain is Kylo Ren?" or "What do you think of KR as a villain?" then Adam always answered the same "I do not think of him as a villain. He is just doing what he think is right,"

I thought the same thing as you. TFA did not give me the answer of why Kylo Ren think he is doing the right thing. Since Kylo behind the mask, looked very emotionally unstable and confused, he didn't look like someone confident of what he is doing.

We will definitely find out in TLJ though
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 4:55 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Night Huntress

Regardless of Royalty or not, Daisy say's we are going to be moved by her lineage reveal, on that alone we can dump Rey of nobody..., this quote also makes Rey Palpatine/Prana less than likely, that is why I love Daisy's quote the best, it gives us an emotional tenor for the lineage reveal which eliminates certain outcomes.
@spacebaby45678

So, we can be only moved by her lineage reveal is she is an descendant of an already known character ? Confus
It could mean we'll be moved by their story- how and why she ended up all alone on Jakku- why her family left her there and never came back, even they clearly made her believe they would? Well, I would be more moved by some tragic story of nobody (or not well known character) than her simply being the granddaughter or whatever of Kenobi. Nope  

Daisy said a lot of thinks that almost every section of fandom can paraphrase in a certain way so it fit's their theory.
I also remember her saying something like "who her parents are, are only important for her?" of was it JJ who said it? I can't remember.
Anyway - if she is a Kenobi I roll my eyes but just shrug it off... because to me it doesn't matter.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum