Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Mana on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:36 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@shii405 wrote:Rian Johnson's new Japanese interview: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20171030-00126322-the_tv-ent

My heart skipped a beat when I read the title "Rian Johnson revealed the reason why Luke Skywalker is in that island!?"
Whaaaat.... no way he is giving spoilerrrr, LOL.

This is what he said "The first thing I had to think about was the reason why Luke is in that island. Everyone knows Luke is not a coward. There is no way he is hiding because he is scared of something. He must know his friends were in danger but he chose to stay in that island, so there must be a reason for it. The key to that reason is Rey."

He continued about writing TLJ script, "First of all, I listed the characters' names. And then I started thinking, what kind of difficulties and trials should be given to each character? Rey is desperately trying to find her place in this world. She didn't know she is sensitive to the Force. She doesn't know whether this is a good or a bad thing, and she doesn't know how to use her power."

"By the end of this movie, the characters and the audience will understand the direction these characters are heading to. Whether or not they will arrive at the direction they are aiming to, you will find out in the next movie."

"There will be a big surprise in this movie. It's not a surprise just for the sake of it, but it's something that the audience should be able to realistically relate to it,"

Hmm... I am bothered with his mention that Luke's staying in that island is mainly related to Rey...
@shii405

Right?! What does THAT mean? I thought his first words were "who are you?" & he doesn't look pleased to see her. Hmmmmm I wonder if he knew of another "rah powah" source in the galaxy but not that he necessarily knew it was her.
scratch
@SheLitAFire
It's all about the books, which are 100% going to relate to Rey (and Kylo), not about some familial tie.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I just think that the GA has no idea about the books....so if they're incorporating stuff from other canon sources they better do it REALLY well, because the people on this board are quite knowledgeable, but most other fans aren't as much. I mean, I haven't read the books or watched any of the other SW tv shows. Thor Skywalker discussed this in one of his youtube videos and while I take issue with some of his stuff, I agree with this point, it has to be something that's relatively easy to follow or explained so carefully if it requires background knowledge. You can't expect the GA to read the books.
@SheLitAFire

I think she means the books inside the force tree...I think....
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:38 am

Btw the full GQ article is coming out on Thursday, so that's when we'll get the full context of Adam's quote.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:40 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@shii405 wrote:Rian Johnson's new Japanese interview: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20171030-00126322-the_tv-ent

My heart skipped a beat when I read the title "Rian Johnson revealed the reason why Luke Skywalker is in that island!?"
Whaaaat.... no way he is giving spoilerrrr, LOL.

This is what he said "The first thing I had to think about was the reason why Luke is in that island. Everyone knows Luke is not a coward. There is no way he is hiding because he is scared of something. He must know his friends were in danger but he chose to stay in that island, so there must be a reason for it. The key to that reason is Rey."

He continued about writing TLJ script, "First of all, I listed the characters' names. And then I started thinking, what kind of difficulties and trials should be given to each character? Rey is desperately trying to find her place in this world. She didn't know she is sensitive to the Force. She doesn't know whether this is a good or a bad thing, and she doesn't know how to use her power."

"By the end of this movie, the characters and the audience will understand the direction these characters are heading to. Whether or not they will arrive at the direction they are aiming to, you will find out in the next movie."

"There will be a big surprise in this movie. It's not a surprise just for the sake of it, but it's something that the audience should be able to realistically relate to it,"

Hmm... I am bothered with his mention that Luke's staying in that island is mainly related to Rey...
@shii405

Right?! What does THAT mean? I thought his first words were "who are you?" & he doesn't look pleased to see her. Hmmmmm I wonder if he knew of another "rah powah" source in the galaxy but not that he necessarily knew it was her.
scratch
@SheLitAFire
It's all about the books, which are 100% going to relate to Rey (and Kylo), not about some familial tie.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I just think that the GA has no idea about the books....so if they're incorporating stuff from other canon sources they better do it REALLY well, because the people on this board are quite knowledgeable, but most other fans aren't as much. I mean, I haven't read the books or watched any of the other SW tv shows. Thor Skywalker discussed this in one of his youtube videos and while I take issue with some of his stuff, I agree with this point, it has to be something that's relatively easy to follow or explained so carefully if it requires background knowledge. You can't expect the GA to read the books.
@SheLitAFire
These books Razz

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 9 Star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-journal-of-the-whills-1040412
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

@shii405 wrote:I love title of this new thread! Maybe we can make this thread for future Reylo mentions by Adam and Daisy themselves? Just a suggestion! Smile
@shii405

That's a great idea. I threw in "and more" in the title so that we can use this for any future Reylo-esque bombshells that come out in interviews, and we can always update the quotes that are featured in the title if any juicier ones come out.

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 9 Diva_raccoon

By the way, I love that you post all the Japanese TLJ updates - it feels like having our very own insider, lol. ^^

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Mana wrote:So he says the reason has something to do with Rey and not Rey herself. I'm guessing its about the #Rawpowah
@Mana

Exactly. I think he's been looking for answers, for What It All Means, and for some missing piece of the puzzle.

And that missing piece might just turn out to be Rey, the other half of the Power Puff Couple. rabbit
@Darth Dingbat

Pretty much this. The #rawpowah is the key to 1) Ben Solo's fall 2) Rey's Parentage Puzzle(tm) 3) Luke disappearance. It's the thing that connects the three major events of the trilogy together.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

IMO the Vader reveal weighed in on Kylo's fall, or was the final straw, so I think it will be referenced in TLJ.

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:45 am

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Mana wrote:So he says the reason has something to do with Rey and not Rey herself. I'm guessing its about the #Rawpowah
@Mana

Exactly. I think he's been looking for answers, for What It All Means, and for some missing piece of the puzzle.

And that missing piece might just turn out to be Rey, the other half of the Power Puff Couple. rabbit
@Darth Dingbat

Pretty much this. The #rawpowah is the key to 1) Ben Solo's fall 2) Rey's Parentage Puzzle(tm) 3) Luke disappearance. It's the thing that connects the three major events of the trilogy together.
@Piper Maru

Yep, Rawpowah is everything.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:45 am

Got it, thanks for the clarification @FrolickingFizzgig Thumbs up
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:47 am

OH GOSH just had a massive catch up here - it was so late last night when I posted that link. My initial reaction was OMG really??!!! But this morning I really can't decide who the heck 'this princess' Adam is referring to. I'll be scouring the magazine shelves first thing on Thursday for GQ to see if there are any more reveals or if there is any context for this quote. If I'm honest the little girl in me wants it to refer to Rey and all the Prince and Cinderella and castle references that JJ mentions . Which ever way it ultimately pans out in I'm sure it will be just fascinating. Of course theres still plenty of time in the next 43 (?) days for more reveals and we could be dissecting Reys lineage even further after the release.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:47 am

I agree on thinking that Adam is referring to Leia when he says "princess." In the TFA novels Poe says that Leia hates being called Princess; why is that I wonder? Overall though, I think Adam's description of Kylo makes our talks about his character spot on along with Daisy's statement about Rey and Kylo's relationship. Ad much as his facial expressions are usually dead giveaways for spoilers, I don't think he would drop that massive of a spoiler verbally. Regardless of who the princess actually is that he's referring to I think we can all agree that Kylo is royalty because of Leia's status; if Rey and him eventually marry then that would bring some truth to his statement. Wink
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:49 am

There was a new interview with Mark (and Rian)? as well today:

“In the same way that as a young man, [Luke] embodied the characteristics we all connected with — the youthfulness and innocence — he now embodies a person full of soul and experience." - Rian Johnson
“That’s the hard part. You don’t want to admit how possessive you’ve become. There are times where you go, ‘Really? That’s what they think of Luke? I’m not only in disagreement – I’m insulted.’ But that’s the process and you thrash it all out.” - Mark Hamill
“It means what it means to him, and that’s all that matters. I’m sure what he represents in the story is something worthy of attainment by those younger characters, and that it’s all linked together in some cosmically glorious way that will assure Mark work for years to come.” - Rian Johnson

Mark talks mostly about getting the request to come back, accepting the role, being protective of the character and unsure about Rian's ideas initially, etc. A lot of stuff we've already heard, but it's a good read anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/movies/star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-mark-hamill.html

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:51 am

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@shii405 wrote:I love title of this new thread! Maybe we can make this thread for future Reylo mentions by Adam and Daisy themselves? Just a suggestion! Smile
@shii405

That's a great idea. I threw in "and more" in the title so that we can use this for any future Reylo-esque bombshells that come out in interviews, and we can always update the quotes that are featured in the title if any juicier ones come out.

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 9 Diva_raccoon

By the way, I love that you post all the Japanese TLJ updates - it feels like having our very own insider, lol. ^^
@Darth Rowan

Agreed! @shii405 is a treasure!!
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:52 am

He's definitely a prince - remember in Bloodline when Leia turns down the throne to an Alderaanian colony? Yeah, he's a Prince. Maybe he and Rey go there in my white picket fence fantasy ending.

That said, I do think he's talking about Rey here in his quote, but it could easily be metaphorical.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 9:58 am

Do we really think that Rian came up with Jedi Princess Rey? This is all still baffling to me scratch
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:He's definitely a prince - remember in Bloodline when Leia turns down the throne to an Alderaanian colony? Yeah, he's a Prince. Maybe he and Rey go there in my white picket fence fantasy ending.

That said, I do think he's talking about Rey here in his quote, but it could easily be metaphorical.
@PalmettoBlue

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Do we really think that Rian came up with Jedi Princess Rey? This is all still baffling to me scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

Now that you mention it he did say that Rian took what JJ started a step further. Ugh!! Now my mind is torn
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:There was a new interview with Mark as well today:

“In the same way that as a young man, [Luke] embodied the characteristics we all connected with — the youthfulness and innocence — he now embodies a person full of soul and experience." - Rian Johnson
“That’s the hard part. You don’t want to admit how possessive you’ve become. There are times where you go, ‘Really? That’s what they think of Luke? I’m not only in disagreement – I’m insulted.’ But that’s the process and you thrash it all out.” - Mark Hamill
“It means what it means to him, and that’s all that matters. I’m sure what he represents in the story is something worthy of attainment by those younger characters, and that it’s all linked together in some cosmically glorious way that will assure Mark work for years to come.” - Rian Johnson

Mark talks mostly about getting the request to come back, accepting the role, being protective of the character and unsure about Rian's ideas initially, etc. A lot of stuff we've already heard, but it's a good read anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/movies/star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-mark-hamill.html
@FrolickingFizzgig

So many new interviews, it feels like LFL have finally entered the final stage and ramped up the marketing. The floodgates are open!

Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:02 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:He's definitely a prince - remember in Bloodline when Leia turns down the throne to an Alderaanian colony? Yeah, he's a Prince. Maybe he and Rey go there in my white picket fence fantasy ending.

@PalmettoBlue

I always imagined Ben will have to go into the exile or some sorts or to rebuild what he destroyed, new line of Force users using light and dark in equal measures. White picket fence ending is tasty given all the fairytale tropes, but also I have to look at the story in my fantasy scenario, what he did and how will others beyond Rey look at him. The Resistance are no band of sweet angels but you know FO has some kind of reputation. Both sides have committed war crimes, as I can imagine.

From Prince, FO servant to teaching others the was of the Force is ironic and yet perfectly poignant ending for Ben. Rey on the other hand from a scavenger to ruler is really a fairytale like.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:05 am

IMO, the most important thing is to:

get actual direct quotes (be very cautious with Japanese translations cause they are translations of English quotes, not actual quotes in English)

get GQ copy to see whether Adam refers to Rey in the actual interview

don't jump to conclusions that either celebrate or panic

keep in mind that the interview is not a slip, it goes on for too long to be an oopsie, he has LF's approval/coaching

expect more gates in near future as promotion ramps up
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:07 am

@nite0wl29 wrote:

@PalmettoBlue

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Do we really think that Rian came up with Jedi Princess Rey? This is all still baffling to me scratch
@Cowgirlsamurai

Now that you mention it he did say that Rian took what JJ started a step further. Ugh!! Now my mind is torn
@nite0wl29

I don't know still waiting for the afternoon LF clarification or walkback... study
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:08 am

@Cowgirlsamurai

I think we're suggesting that Disney came up with Jedi Princess Rey Laughing Disney is all about the strong, bad-a** princesses these days. I wouldn't put it past them to give LF a bullet point list of stipulations that they wanted them to incorporate into the franchise before they even started writing the script.

I'm not 100% sold that Adam was talking about Rey's character, but I'm not against it either. Very Happy
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:15 am

@Tex wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think we're suggesting that Disney came up with Jedi Princess Rey Laughing Disney is all about the strong, bad-a** princesses these days. I wouldn't put it past them to give LF a bullet point list of stipulations that they wanted them to incorporate into the franchise before they even started writing the script.

I'm not 100% sold that Adam was talking about Rey's character, but I'm not against it either. Very Happy
@Tex

I'm with you there with regards to Disney wanting certain elements incorporated for all strong princess like characters. Wasn't it in the Larry King interview that Adam says there were a lot of plot point operating in TFA that they will get to explain more in TLJ to make both of them make sense.

I've been flitting back and forth and can't decide either way at this point.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:20 am

yeah, there's no way Disney gives up their Princess toy line. It's a major money-maker for them. They'll just move in the direction of Xena (the warrior) Princess.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:29 am

@Tex wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Tex

I wouldn't say it's a Disney thing - so far, each leading lady in the saga has been royalty, after all.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:38 am

I'm so buying that GQ cause Adam's so damn hot. Those quotes don't hurt either.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 10:41 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Tex wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Tex

I wouldn't say it's a Disney thing - so far, each leading lady in the saga has been royalty, after all.
@Darth Dingbat

Yup, it's like the chopped off limb(s) and the NOOOOOO - quintessential Star Wars stuff. I think Rey is going to end up being royalty or royal-esque one way or another. Either by birth or by marriage. *cackles*

Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum