Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 12:55 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig - I will concede after some of the comments here that it could be referring to Leia. At least in the scare quotes, he talks strictly about Kylo's relationship to Rey (which lines up with the EW quote about how Rey doesn't understand him) but we know vis Bloodline that there's a whole backstory in play with how Leia trying to deny the truth of her paternity blew up her relationship with her son. And the outright references in those quotes are him talking about Carrie Fisher, his space mom. So it could be both Rey and Leia the way The Last Jedi may or may not be plural depending on what day of the week it is.

That said, keeping hidden in order to survive *is* Rey, who regardless of being a scavenger is a natural born type of aristocracy in terms of character and being a Force Power prodigy who's channeling an ancient and raw source of power. I've thought simply her family has some connection to the origins of the FO/Snoke's end game story, which could or could not mean descendant of another franchise character. The main question though is that we know LF is going to mine the Hell out of her backstory for the comics and books. They did that for Jyn, they're doing that for Leia, and they'll do that for Rey's family. Given that business model, who are future readers going to be learning about in these publications. There are a lot of fun theories which line up her background with previous trilogies or books/comics. But whatever has to happen, that's got to be something worth reading. And people have to feel some type of investment because just given the basics of what we know, it's to be an even more sh*tty scenario than what went down with Jyn's family.  Business model aside, it's the first conclusion I came to after seeing TFA because it ties her in further with the Force plot side of things (e.g. what @Piper Maru said about how it explains what happened to her, to Ben, and to Luke) and gives further motivation to the most likely character arc that Ben/Kylo will finally heed Han's warning and establish further sympathy/bonding in how he feels about Rey.
@snufkin
I can see the Bloodline explanation, but I'm having trouble with it. Say they go through it again in TLJ, what does that add to the story? Kylo's reaction to the reveal, sure, but that wasn't already detailed in Bloodline. We got the build-up and Leia's fallout, but we've long-since expected that the revelation would be part of Ben's backstory in the films. What does dredging through a story that has already been told add to the current narrative, even Leia's current narrative, when we know she won't have a huge role in this film (compared to, say, Luke)? Something here isn't adding up. If we discount the Bloodline connection and assume it has more to do with Leia's story in this film having to do with concealing her identity as Kylo's mother, maybe? But even then... sometime isn't fitting.

Why would Adam start talking about coming-of-age and hiding behind a persona only to flip the discussion around to Leia, and somehow not make it obvious he was referring to Leia? It's all still part of the same conversation. Adam not being allowed to reveal things in interviews aside because that's not an argument for me right now (for all we know he was given permission), why would he go from talking about coming-of-age, concealing identities, etc. and then flip to Leia?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Oh I agree that the quotes, which is using the same type of Fairy Tale terminology as JJ's Blue Ray commentary track, was both LF cleared and specifically meant to be about Rey. They're finally going to talk about those two characters and their relationship (and hat tip to the person who just registered with the Arrested Development cousins movie as their user name). Just that there's enough ambiguity in the moment over the term princess that we can easily tie ourselves in knots over who that term is referring to, same way is the Last Jedi singular or plural? And the ST is opened with crawl text and dialogue which centers around Leia, "to me she's royalty." "Well, that she is." But in the end, the interview comment is about Rey, but I don't take it to mean a huge spoiler got dropped about her geneology. Just that's the position she holds in terms of being special in that story and world by dint of her character/talents. And like I said before, there are "too much of his father" references in TFA for Ben and we all know how his father was when it came to princesses, right?

As for Obi-Wan, there's definitely an interesting pattern of specific cinematic references to him in Rey's escape and flight from SKB. But beyond that, I'm keeping an open mind because maybe JJ just thought it would be cool. Or to establish the antagonists and maybe eventual allies relationship between the two characters. But I'm not holding my breath for a big DNA test reveal unless it's like the throw away gag at the end of Raiders where you see the Ark rolled into a warehouse. Or the supposed Ewan McGregor/Michael Cunninham movie is about how Obi-Wan had to go to a sperm bank on Tatooine to make donations whenever he was too broke to eat. He could be like Mark Ruffalo's character in The Kids Are Alright!
@snufkin

Who is Michael Cunninham? Campea was dropping that Filoni is being looked at to direct the Obi Wan stand alone...
@spacebaby45678

I can't remember any mention of Cunningham - only Stephen Daldry.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:03 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig - I will concede after some of the comments here that it could be referring to Leia. At least in the scare quotes, he talks strictly about Kylo's relationship to Rey (which lines up with the EW quote about how Rey doesn't understand him) but we know vis Bloodline that there's a whole backstory in play with how Leia trying to deny the truth of her paternity blew up her relationship with her son. And the outright references in those quotes are him talking about Carrie Fisher, his space mom. So it could be both Rey and Leia the way The Last Jedi may or may not be plural depending on what day of the week it is.

That said, keeping hidden in order to survive *is* Rey, who regardless of being a scavenger is a natural born type of aristocracy in terms of character and being a Force Power prodigy who's channeling an ancient and raw source of power. I've thought simply her family has some connection to the origins of the FO/Snoke's end game story, which could or could not mean descendant of another franchise character. The main question though is that we know LF is going to mine the Hell out of her backstory for the comics and books. They did that for Jyn, they're doing that for Leia, and they'll do that for Rey's family. Given that business model, who are future readers going to be learning about in these publications. There are a lot of fun theories which line up her background with previous trilogies or books/comics. But whatever has to happen, that's got to be something worth reading. And people have to feel some type of investment because just given the basics of what we know, it's to be an even more sh*tty scenario than what went down with Jyn's family.  Business model aside, it's the first conclusion I came to after seeing TFA because it ties her in further with the Force plot side of things (e.g. what @Piper Maru said about how it explains what happened to her, to Ben, and to Luke) and gives further motivation to the most likely character arc that Ben/Kylo will finally heed Han's warning and establish further sympathy/bonding in how he feels about Rey.
@snufkin
I can see the Bloodline explanation, but I'm having trouble with it. Say they go through it again in TLJ, what does that add to the story? Kylo's reaction to the reveal, sure, but that wasn't already detailed in Bloodline. We got the build-up and Leia's fallout, but we've long-since expected that the revelation would be part of Ben's backstory in the films. What does dredging through a story that has already been told add to the current narrative, even Leia's current narrative, when we know she won't have a huge role in this film (compared to, say, Luke)? Something here isn't adding up. If we discount the Bloodline connection and assume it has more to do with Leia's story in this film having to do with concealing her identity as Kylo's mother, maybe? But even then... sometime isn't fitting.

Why would Adam start talking about coming-of-age and hiding behind a persona only to flip the discussion around to Leia, and somehow not make it obvious he was referring to Leia? It's all still part of the same conversation. Adam not being allowed to reveal things in interviews aside because that's not an argument for me right now (for all we know he was given permission), why would he go from talking about coming-of-age, concealing identities, etc. and then flip to Leia?
@FrolickingFizzgig

Oh I agree that the quotes, which is using the same type of Fairy Tale terminology as JJ's Blue Ray commentary track, was both LF cleared and specifically meant to be about Rey. They're finally going to talk about those two characters and their relationship (and hat tip to the person who just registered with the Arrested Development cousins movie as their user name). Just that there's enough ambiguity in the moment over the term princess that we can easily tie ourselves in knots over who that term is referring to, same way is the Last Jedi singular or plural? And the ST is opened with crawl text and dialogue which centers around Leia, "to me she's royalty." "Well, that she is." But in the end, the interview comment is about Rey, but I don't take it to mean a huge spoiler got dropped about her geneology. Just that's the position she holds in terms of being special in that story and world by dint of her character/talents. And like I said before, there are "too much of his father" references in TFA for Ben and we all know how his father was when it came to princesses, right?

As for Obi-Wan, there's definitely an interesting pattern of specific cinematic references to him in Rey's escape and flight from SKB. But beyond that, I'm keeping an open mind because maybe JJ just thought it would be cool. Or to establish the antagonists and maybe eventual allies relationship between the two characters. But I'm not holding my breath for a big DNA test reveal unless it's like the throw away gag at the end of Raiders where you see the Ark rolled into a warehouse. Or the supposed Ewan McGregor/Michael Cunninham movie is about how Obi-Wan had to go to a sperm bank on Tatooine to make donations whenever he was too broke to eat. He could be like Mark Ruffalo's character in The Kids Are Alright!
@snufkin

Who is Michael Cunninham? Campea was dropping that Filoni is being looked at to direct the Obi Wan stand alone...
@spacebaby45678

I can't remember any mention of Cunningham - only Stephen Daldry.
@Darth Dingbat

The latest news is Campea hinting at Filoni being given a shot.. other wise.. it has been crickets...

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 2Q==
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:05 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:Honestly, does it really matter if it's about Leia or Rey?

In terms of Reylo, it's inconsequential. And we all know she is not a Skywalker or a Solo, so...
@Piper Maru

If we wanna be fair. Don't want to defend them, but this piece about a princess doesn't exclude Reywalker theory per se. Padme [Queen of Naboo], Luke and Leia all royalty in a way. There are other elements that ruled this out.
@DarthRen

Agree with both of you. The fact that Rey is a princess doesn't rule out Reywalker/Reysolo since both previous Skywalker females were royalty no matter elected or not. And honestly, I don't think it matters much that Rey is a Princess in the sense that she is royalty or in the sense that she is a Disney character. IMO, this is not the  most important information in Adam's quote because the fact that Rey is royalty or not doesn't impact the storyline. It's only an information for people who haven't understood yet that SW is a fairytale, that love of all kinds is central in fairytales and that Reylo has a place in this.

Actually, I think tat the real key information in Adam's quote is that she "hides so she can survive". Why do I think that the fact that Rey "hide so she can survive" is the real key information? Because IMO we can pretty much say bye bye to "Rey will turn to the DS" theory, which has a lot of implication for the plot of TLJ fand the general storyline.

If Rey was hidden/hides (her identity) in order to survive,that pretty much confirms that she is under a threat and that whoever is after her wants her dead. No way that Luke is behind this like I said in the previous post: he may be an antagonist to her but he's not going to become the big villain who wants the death of the heroine because that doesn't fit with the idea of working together and become whole again". Anyway, LF would never allow to have Luke becoming the big bad and  ending up killed unredeemed by the end of the ST. So if we assume that we will get a (Reylo) happy endind, Luke will hopefully be part of the family happy reunion.

So the only remaining option is Snoke because I don't see who else would represent a big threat for Rey and impact her character development. Nobody would convince me Rey must hide so she can survive because of Hux, Phasma, D.J. or any other secondary character. So if Rey hides from Snoke so she can survive (probably without knowing anything about his identity), IMO that confirms that Snoke wants her dead and that we can safely say bye bye to "Snoke will replace Kylo with Rey by his side" theory and thus "Rey turn to the DS" theory by extension.

I don't think it refers to Leia at all because Leia was already a princess hiding so that she can survives in the OT. But I don't think we can say that Leia hides to survive in the ST in a story that isn't about her. Plus, if one pay attention, Rey, Finn and Kylo are the trio of the trilogy and indeed all wear masks (physically and "emotionally) that hide their true persona in their first TFA scene. Finn already dropped his mask by joining the Resistance in TFA, Kylo will drop his mask in TLJ as the result of the emotional conflict, what about Rey?

Last edited by reylo1992 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:24 pm

@spacebaby45678 and @Darth Dingbat - D'oh! My brain crossed its wires. Michael Cunningham wrote The Hours, which Daldry directed. The Obi-Wan movie is one of those rumors/wish list films that have floated around forever as a potential topic. Anybody hear anything more about the potential tragic YA love story they also mentioned at one point. Which some people speculated could be Lost Stars or something like Lost Stars, except about Rey's parents.

Anyways, mentioning a princess yeah that's interesting because it's the terminology JJ used as writer/director and it has to mean more than just his relationship with Leia. Not a spoiler or genealogy reveal, but it means Rey's significant. And like I said, we know who always talks about the princess, especially "you have to take care of the princess" in the OT.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:30 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

In terms of Reylo, it's inconsequential. And we all know she is not a Skywalker or a Solo, so...
@Piper Maru

If we wanna be fair. Don't want to defend them, but this piece about a princess doesn't exclude Reywalker theory per se. Padme [Queen of Naboo], Luke and Leia all royalty in a way. There are other elements that ruled this out.
@DarthRen

Agree with both of you. The fact that Rey is a princess doesn't rule out Reywalker/Reysolo since both previous Skywalker females were royalty no matter elected or not. And honestly, I don't think it matters much that Rey is a Princess in the sense that she is royalty or in the sense that she is a Disney character. IMO, this is not the  most important information in Adam's quote because the fact that Rey is royalty or not doesn't impact the storyline. It's only an information for people who haven't understood yet that SW is a fairytale, that love is central in fairytales and Reylo has a place in this.

Actually, I think tat the real key information in Adam's quote is that she "hides so she can survive". Why do I think that the fact that Rey "hide so she can survive" is the real key information? Because IMO we can pretty much say bye bye to "Rey will turn to the DS" theory, which has a lot of implication for the plot of TLJ fand the general storyline.

If Rey was hidden/hides (her identity) in order to survive,that pretty much confirms that she is under a threat and that whoever is after her wants her dead. No way that Luke is behind this like I said in the previous post: he may be an antagonist to her but he's not going to become the big villain who wants the death of the heroine because that doesn't fit with the idea of working together and become whole again". Anyway, LF would never allow to have Luke becoming the big bad and  ending up killed unredeemed by the end of the ST. So if we assume that we will get a (Reylo) happy endind, Luke will hopefully be part of the family happy reunion.

So the only remaining option is Snoke because I don't see who else would represent a big threat for Rey and impact her character development. Nobody would convince me Rey must hide so she can survive because of Hux, Phasma, D.J. or any other secondary character. So if Rey hides from Snoke so she can survive (probably without knowing anything about his identity), IMO that confirms that Snoke wants her dead and that we can safely say bye bye to "Snoke will replace Kylo with Rey by his side" theory and thus "Rey turn to the DS" theory by extension.

I don't think it refers to Leia at all because Leia was already a princess hiding so that she can survives in the OT. But I don't think we can say that Leia hides to survive in the ST in a story that isn't about her. Plus, if one pay attention, Rey, Finn and Kylo are the trio of the trilogy and indeed all wear masks (physically and "emotionally) that hide their true persona in their first TFA scenhe e. Finn already dropped his mask by joining the Resistance in TFA, Kylo will drop his mask in TLJ as the result of the emotional conflict, what about Rey?
@reylo1992

On the surface I agree, Rey just being a "princess" does nothing for the story it would seem but this is myth and a lowly/scavenger/orphan being a true princess inside is metaphorical there is a LARGER meaning just like the force is a "bigger" idea. Now for me Rey being of Mando origin would expand main trilogy universe, moreso than Rey nobody or Rey royalty somebody.. Mando's are built into the star wars lore going back all the way to the KOTOR, and of course Filoni himself claiming to have G.O.T'd the Mando Royal houses
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:35 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

Well, it would rule out Luke because Padmé's title wasn't hereditary, and Luke bears no titles himself. Unless Luke had an affair with a Queen Razz

It doesn't rule out Rey Solo because Alderaan was matrilineal and Leia's titles are from the Organas, not her biological mother.

But let's face it, everything else in this world and the next rules out Rey Solo.
@Darth Dingbat

So much so that LF let Daisy debunk it point blank, JJ to debunk it point blank and Pablo to debunk it in Pablo way twice. So form LF POV, that Rey is not a Solo is not a spoiler. It would be incomprehensible stupidity on their part if they made a change to her parentage from whatever she was in TFA to Solo after their biggest officials put the stake through it. It's not happening.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Eh... alright, if you want it to be.

I'm more hesitant to believe LFL would allow that sort of slip to happen on a magazine that could easily have been editted and censored. Given how Adam and the whole cast respect and know their NDA by heart. The very cover with "spoiler alert" written on it screams 'clickbait'. Or should I say, 'buybait'.

These hints and bits of information will come in a steady trickle as Dec 15 draws near. And most if not all, will surely be orchestrated and manipulated by Disney/LFL.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:41 pm

Someone asked the author of the GQ article for clarification. Here’s his answer:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 B8af5510

Here’s the whole conversation:

https://twitter.com/bits_glitter/status/925010476215488512
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:43 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Mana wrote:So he says the reason has something to do with Rey and not Rey herself. I'm guessing its about the #Rawpowah
@Mana

Exactly. I think he's been looking for answers, for What It All Means, and for some missing piece of the puzzle.

And that missing piece might just turn out to be Rey, the other half of the Power Puff Couple. rabbit
@Darth Dingbat

Exactly! Like a prophecy saying something like, "not one but two. "

Also, if Luke was the Dad, would he treat Rey so s******? No. That would make him a deadbeat dad and an a**hole and a coward, which Rian says he is not.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm

Princess That Was Promised confirmed! cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 1:46 pm

@EchoBase wrote:Someone asked the author of the GQ article for clarification. Here’s his answer:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 B8af5510

@EchoBase

Sounds good! Looking forward to the full article!
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:07 pm

[quote="spacebaby45678"]
@reylo1992 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@Piper Maru

@DarthRen

Agree with both of you. The fact that Rey is a princess doesn't rule out Reywalker/Reysolo since both previous Skywalker females were royalty no matter elected or not. And honestly, I don't think it matters much that Rey is a Princess in the sense that she is royalty or in the sense that she is a Disney character. IMO, this is not the  most important information in Adam's quote because the fact that Rey is royalty or not doesn't impact the storyline. It's only an information for people who haven't understood yet that SW is a fairytale, that love is central in fairytales and Reylo has a place in this.

I don't think it refers to Leia at all because Leia was already a princess hiding so that she can survives in the OT. But I don't think we can say that Leia hides to survive in the ST in a story that isn't about her. Plus, if one pay attention, Rey, Finn and Kylo are the trio of the trilogy and indeed all wear masks (physically and "emotionally) that hide their true persona in their first TFA scenhe e. Finn already dropped his mask by joining the Resistance in TFA, Kylo will drop his mask in TLJ as the result of the emotional conflict, what about Rey?
@reylo1992

On the surface I agree, Rey just being a "princess" does nothing for the story it would seem but this is myth and a lowly/scavenger/orphan being a true princess inside is metaphorical there is a LARGER meaning just like the force is a "bigger" idea. Now for me Rey being of Mando origin would expand main trilogy universe, moreso than Rey nobody or Rey royalty somebody.. Mando's are built into the star wars lore going back all the way to the KOTOR, and of course Filoni himself claiming to have G.O.T'd the Mando Royal houses[/quote]
@spacebaby45678

Agree with you than having Mando origins could expand the universe.

I would simply add that the fact that Rey is a Princess - whether it is in full sense of the term or only in Disney sense - neither rule out nor confirm the "ReyKenobi from Mandalore theory". IMO, the visual/audio parallels that ReyKenobis pointed between Obi-Wan and Rey are clearer evidences than she is indeed related to him and potentially to Satine. I would say that if Rey is really royalty, it is one more evidence for ReyKenobi from Mandalore but definitely not the biggest one.

Anyway, the main point of my post was that I don't think we need to think deeply on questions like "is she a really princess or not?" whatever her lineage is because I don't feel like this is the most important information dropped by Adam. I am much more intrigued to know that Rey "hides so she can survive" because to me Adam dropped a key information in just a few words about the upcoming Snoke/Rey dynamic in TLJ. That's not a little information in regard to the fact that many people interpreted the official trailer like "Oh! Rey is gonna turn to the DS and will take Kylo Ren's place by Snoke's side".

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:12 pm

@reylo1992

Let me be clear once and for all, I am not claiming that Princess Rey confirms her "kenobiness... after all she could still be Princess Palpatine

and these could be her Grandparents, Palpy and his + 1  Sly Moore ( trap name if I every heard it ) on a side note, Rey & Palpy have matching outfits and his office in the Prequels was all red so there is that too....

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 Palpatine-and-Sly-Moore-961673
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:17 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:@reylo1992

Let me be clear once and for all, I am not claiming that Princess Rey confirms her "kenobiness... after all she could still be Princess Palpatine

and these could be her Grandparents, Palpy and his + 1  Sly Moore ( trap name if I every heard it ) on a side note, Rey & Palpy have matching outfits and his office in the Prequels was all red so there is that too....

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 Palpatine-and-Sly-Moore-961673
@spacebaby45678

Sly is Umbaran, who I don't believe are Star Wars humans. I tend to think AD is just speaking metaphorically about a 'princess' Rey, but I guess we will see when the whole interview is released.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:21 pm

@spacebaby45678

Thanks for clarification^^

What do you mean with matching outfit? Do you mean her LRRH's outfit in her TLJ poster? I had made the connection with the original concept of Padme's costume on Mustafar but not with Palpatine's.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:32 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

What do you mean with matching outfit? Do you mean her LRRH's outfit in her TLJ poster? I had made the connection with the original concept of Padme's costume on Mustafar but not with Palpatine's.
@reylo1992

The prevalence of Red in the marketing could be a clue, to Rey's lineage as a Palpatine.  If you go back to the PT Palpy's office is all red but I think considering the events of the PT that change our P.O.V. on the chosen one prophecy this could be a commentary on The Skywalker lineage and Anakin's origins, or Sidious implying that he had created Anakin through knowledge of the darkside. Luke will have to deal with the knowledge of this somehow and how it may have affected Ben.  Sidious is someone one's ancestor but whose? Rey or Ben... unless of course Rey is a Solo then everything is covered in one shot. (occam's razor ) #rawpowh, Princess,fulfill your destiny, links to Palpatine   No

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:48 pm

@EchoBase wrote:Someone asked the author of the GQ article for clarification. Here’s his answer:

@EchoBase

Okay am I just tired or does this clarify nothing? For some reason this tweet is confusing me.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:55 pm

@ZioRen wrote:

@EchoBase

Okay am I just tired or does this clarify nothing? For some reason this tweet is confusing me.
@ZioRen

Same here. It sounds like a total non-answer. Makes what's probable "seem certain?" So he doesn't know scratch
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:57 pm

@ZioRen wrote:

@EchoBase

@ZioRen
I guess what he's saying is that the full quote makes it clear that Adam was referring to Rey (at least in the writer's opinion)? Guess we'll see if we agree on Thursday! Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 2:58 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@reylo1992

The prevalence of Red in the marketing could be a clue, to Rey's lineage as a Palpatine.  If you go back to the PT Palpy's office is all red but I think considering the events of the PT that change our P.O.V. on the chosen one prophecy this could be a commentary on The Skywalker lineage and Anakin's origins, or Sidious implying that he had created Anakin through knowledge of the darkside. Luke will have to deal with the knowledge of this somehow and how it may have affected Ben.  Sidious is someone one's ancestor but whose? Rey or Ben... unless of course Rey is a Solo then everything is covered in one shot. (occam's razor ) #rawpowh, Princess, links to Palpatine   No
@spacebaby45678

Thanks for explanations;

Whatever the shocking truth is regarding lineage I rather expect it to be related to the Skywalker lineage than Rey's because the ST is pretty much about Vader's legacy: how it poisoned Leia's political career; how it impacted Ben's trajectory and how it possibly torments Luke (who was all for his father's redemption and yet seems so resigned to his nephew's fate).  I don't really know what to think about that but I guess that the Hamlet dimension of the Vader's mask has some importance there. You're maybe onto something regarding the connection between the Skywalker and Palpatine or whatever suggest Anakin's dark origins.

On more personal level, I really would like that the ST gives us a satisfying answer about the reasons why the Skywalker sort of go insane. Why did Anakin lose the control of his power i.e. when Clovis was about to kiss Padme to the point that he nearly killed him? Why did Ben lose the control of his power to the point that he destroyed the entire Jedi academy? Is there "something inside them" like Anakin said to Padme that make them lose their control or is it just because they're just emo children? I kinda hope that this is the first option and that we will get to know what goes really wrong with them that they are so to speak destined to turn into beasts.  Since we don't really where he came from and that he had since raw power within, I wouldn't rule out your suggestions.

Regarding Rey, honestly I don't think there is much to worry about her trajectory in TLJ or whatever her origins are. From what I saw on the forum and tumblr, there are more evidences for ReyKenobi. As for her raw power, II wouldn't rule out DS origins but I am not sure it necessarily indicates DS because could we describe Palpatine's power as raw? That wasn't a characteristic of Obi-Wan either. That was rather a character of Anakin,that Ben inherited somehow. So I don't know, I tend to think that her raw power is more connected to Ben than her lineage.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:00 pm

I think he's saying that the version we've seen appears as a concrete statement while the full article is more vague on the matter. Basically Adam may have implied Rey's lineage but it's not as clear cut as first thought.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:01 pm

Omgg when I first saw the quote this morning, I thought "Adam called Rey a princess???" But I didn't take it literally- as much as I loveee the Anastasia/lost princess trope (ala Dany Targaryen), I'd rather prefer Rey's parentage to be nothing extraordinary. I thought Adam was just making a comparison of her like JJ and solidified the idea that Kylo is on awe of her (like when she grabs the saber = the shoe fits scene). But now I can see it could actually be Leia. I can't imagine Adam giving out a major spoiler like that.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:07 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Alright, so Rey or Leia? REY OR LEIA!?

In favour of Princess Background Rey:
> Why did the writer of the article think Adam was referring to Rey?
> Why would Adam randomly bring up Leia in relation to hiding her identity? If it relates to Bloodline, cool, but the GA is ignorant to Bloodline.
> Seems like a big step from Kylo to Leia. Kylo to Rey is less of a leap because he would simply be comparing the two characters we're obviously supposed to be comparing. We've never been asked to compare Kylo and Leia before.
> Leia feels so... random? In this context? Am I the only one thinking this??
> Implies that Rey knows her background and has been hiding it in order to survive on Jakku until her family comes back to rescue her, which, fair enough. TFA never said she didn't know her origins.
> LucasFilm gave Adam the GO to reveal something, finally, in order to generate interest about Rey's real background?
> No debunk of the article? No snarky Tweets? No clarifications? HELLO?

In favour of Princess Leia:
> Everybody knows Leia was a princess.
> Argument can be made that Adam is referencing Leia's plotline from Bloodline which she denies her connection to Darth Vader
> Or maybe that she denies her history as a princess and a mother in order to combat her fallen son in TLJ?

What do you guys think? The more I go over it in my mind more I lean toward Rey. I think we just need the full quotes.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Re: the bolded - it feels especially random because he's talking about coming of age in the directly preceding quote. So is this trilogy going to be about Leia's coming-of-age at last? Inquiring minds want to know.

And somehow, he makes it sound like the trilogy is about Kylo and Leia. With all the recent emphasis on Rey and Kylo being the two halves of something, wouldn't it make sense for Rey to be other one he's comparing Kylo to?
@Darth Dingbat

I was thinking earlier: WHY would he be talking about Leia?
Y’all have elaborated on my short thought much better than I could.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:38 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@reylo1992 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@reylo1992

The prevalence of Red in the marketing could be a clue, to Rey's lineage as a Palpatine.  If you go back to the PT Palpy's office is all red but I think considering the events of the PT that change our P.O.V. on the chosen one prophecy this could be a commentary on The Skywalker lineage and Anakin's origins, or Sidious implying that he had created Anakin through knowledge of the darkside. Luke will have to deal with the knowledge of this somehow and how it may have affected Ben.  Sidious is someone one's ancestor but whose? Rey or Ben... unless of course Rey is a Solo then everything is covered in one shot. (occam's razor ) #rawpowh, Princess, links to Palpatine   No
@spacebaby45678

Thanks for explanations;

Whatever the shocking truth is regarding lineage I rather expect it to be related to the Skywalker lineage than Rey's because the ST is pretty much about Vader's legacy: how it poisoned Leia's political career; how it impacted Ben's trajectory and how it possibly torments Luke (who was all for his father's redemption and yet seems so resigned to his nephew's fate).  I don't really know what to think about that but I guess that the Hamlet dimension of the Vader's mask has some importance there. You're maybe onto something regarding the connection between the Skywalker and Palpatine or whatever suggest Anakin's dark origins.

On more personal level, I really would like that the ST gives us a satisfying answer about the reasons why the Skywalker sort of go insane. Why did Anakin lose the control of his power i.e. when Clovis was about to kiss Padme to the point that he nearly killed him? Why did Ben lose the control of his power to the point that he destroyed the entire Jedi academy? Is there "something inside them" like Anakin said to Padme that make them lose their control or is it just because they're just emo children? I kinda hope that this is the first option and that we will get to know what goes really wrong with them that they are so to speak destined to turn into beasts.  Since we don't really where he came from and that he had since raw power within, I wouldn't rule out your suggestions.

Regarding Rey, honestly I don't think there is much to worry about her trajectory in TLJ or whatever her origins are. From what I saw on the forum and tumblr, there are more evidences for ReyKenobi. As for her raw power, II wouldn't rule out DS origins but I am not sure it necessarily indicates DS because could we describe Palpatine's power as raw? That wasn't a characteristic of Obi-Wan either. That was rather a character of Anakin,that Ben inherited somehow. So I don't know, I tend to think that her raw power is more connected to Ben than her lineage.
@reylo1992

I agree, Rey's #rawpower could be an accidental force bond during interrogation "seeds of pomegranate" etc. Speaking of Anakin's Raw power there was a TCW episode Mortis where Anakin's subdues both the Brother & Sister, these two are both the essence of the dark and light, there is no one quite like Anakin... Even Palpy has a fatherly pride toward Anakin boasting he will be stronger than any other jedi and stronger than both Yoda and himself... TCW also show him out of control, like Ben but Luke does not display this problem in the OT... maybe his darkside has manifested itself in another way...

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 12 Main-qimg-ef7e3c0dcd70fa4b4b7813b093debca6-c
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux on Mon 30 Oct 2017, 3:42 pm

Hi all.

Interesting times...
From the small quote we have, I personally think it is obvious he is referring to Rey, not Leia.

Having thought about this I am of the opinion that he uses the term 'princess' metaphorically not literally. He is just trying –not very succesfully- to show parallels & similarities between Kylo and Rey (the two parts of a whole, they belong together, balance each other etc). So Prince and Princess, both hiding, that sort of thing. And I would say- although I have not watched many AD interviews - he does not come across as the most eloquent of speakers. So not really surprised at this weird phrasing. (Plus it is difficult to endlessly talk about a topic when you cannot actually say anything specific and meaningful about it. So what comes out is often vague nonsense).

Also - having read the comments so far - I see I am in the minority, where if Rey is indeed a princess, I would be somewhat disappointed, as I much prefer her to be no one.

However, what I have not seen brought up, is that if she is indeed a princess and Adam let that slip 2 months before the movie comes out when LFL had managed to keep this quiet for 2 years -  then heads will roll. And Adam will be the first in line…  I am surprised no one seems concerned about this? I like Adam Driver, he plays Kylo after all Smile , and I would be very worried for him, if this is indeed a spoiler… Is no one else worried? (From those of you that believe it is a spoiler, ie she is literally a princess, not just metaphorically).

Also if there are people here more knowledgeable on the topic of how marketing is managed and how such interviews are handled, could they let us know if it would not be common practice for LFL/Disney to check all such interviews and approve them before they are published?  I would have thought so, but then again I do not actually know for certain how these things work.

If LFL had seen this prior to publication, then all is ok, and Adam is safe. Phew  Smile   Then it is just a weird and awkward way of phrasing it, that may well  be misinterpreted (to mean Rey is actually a princess), but LFL would not mind this as it would cause more discussion and speculation (free additional publicity).  But if this was an actual spoiler (and she is literally a princess) and it was not caught by anyone (if LFL checks these things as I am assuming), then I am really really worried what the implications may be for poor Adam Driver…   Sad
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum