Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Tex on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 8:56 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:Someone asked the author of the GQ article for clarification. Here’s his answer:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 B8af5510

Here’s the whole conversation:

https://twitter.com/bits_glitter/status/925010476215488512
@EchoBase

Interesting.  For the record, I do believe Adam is referring to Daisy's character in this quote.  Leia was never hidden as a princess for her safety, while with Rey this is definitely a plausible explanation.  Of course, Leia did go to great lengths to hide her own lineage from her biological father, but Anakin/Vader was never royalty.  

Unless they're introducing a brand new character, of course, which is unlikely.

@lescousinsdangereux I think that both Adam and Daisy's interviews were planned to be released in advance together, and the content they shared is completely sanctioned by Lucasfilms.  This wasn't a slip.
@IoJovi

I was wondering where you were yesterday! I wanted to hear your opinion on the matter. Very Happy

Like many on here I'm positive this was planned. I'm just so glad TPTB are ready to go full steam ahead and debunk the question of Rey and Kylo being related. It tells me they're preparing to fly their Reylo flag loud and proud Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Interview Revelations: "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 4:44 pm

With all this new information coming up I can't help but feel Noctis & Luna (from Final Fantasy XV) vibes (although I'm pretty sure Rey & Kylo will have a less tragic ending than them). You know, with both of these pairs of characters seemingly working on their destinies and apparently being from a special lineage.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:18 am

@nonesuch put up scans of Adam's GQ piece: http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/post/167014563369/i-dont-have-time-to-read-this-properly-lunch

Some bits that were interesting to me:

On whether he enjoyed playing opposite Daisy Ridley, who plays Rey: "That's hard to answer. I mean, people assume that we'd spend time with each other. Maybe our characters see each other in the movie?

On this particular mid-September day, the Internet is abuzz with new speculation that Ridley's character, Rey, is the daughter of Princess Leia (also Kylo Ren's mother). This theory would take any romantic tension between her and Driver's Kylo Ren into the realm of incest - territory that the first Star Wars trilogy explored with a kiss between Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker and Carrie Fisher's Leia. "Yeah, my uncle and mum made out," Driver says, with a laugh. "Which Mark still talks about. He's like, 'Luke kissed his sister. How could he do that?' I guess he hasn't seen Game of Thrones, you know?"

Leading up to the princess quote:

Driver is on a roll now, discussing what excites him: character and narrative and cinematic influence. The original Star Wars was an homage to Akira Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress, he says, and the link lives on in the new trilogy, in which concealed identities drive the narrative. Then he lets it slip.

(Princess quote)

Perhaps he's unconcerned and Rey's parentage is less dramatic than imagined by fans, who posited that her father is Luke, then trumpeted that her mother is Leia. Or it could be, that in passionately holding forth, Driver is simply unaware that he's revealed anything, much less a major spoiler. In any case, he doesn't skip a beat. "The things that made it personal to me," Driver continues, "I'll keep to myself, but I think anybody can relate to the idea of almost being betrayed."

And towards the end of the article, there's some quotes from him and Rian about how they perceived Kylo's character and talked a lot about terrorism at the start.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:26 am

I'm still reading, but that bit about Adam trying to steal the clapper guy's shoe (?) between takes in an "emotionally charged scene" was curious. Was he on the ground or something?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:27 am

@adamdrivershair

I kinda put together that Adam joking spending everyday on the set with Daisy was a joke, part of the promoting campaign. Although, I'd imagine he'd say he liked working with Daisy in a more straightforward way.

About incest.  Laughing Mark needs to watch Game of Thrones.

EDIT: He WAS talking wasn't talking about Rey as a princess. It kinda leads to it, Adam gotta phrased it better.

I'd love to read what Rian and Adam has to say about Kylo's character. I love their insight like this.

Thanks for posting it here.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

Interesting - sleemo on Tumblr has an insight about what Adam might have meant by the princess quote - it could be a direct reference to the plot of Hidden Fortress, rather than a reference to Leia or Rey: https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167015807602/adam-driver-was-talking-about-the-princess-in-the

That actually fits really well.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:38 am

I really don't get how the interviewer assumed Adam was talking about Rey? The quote sounds very much like Adam is just comparing Kylo to the Princess of Hidden Fortress.
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by C.V on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:41 am

yeah, he might have been referring to the princess from hidden fortress, here i was thinking it had to be either rey or leia. sleemo from tumblr basically describes a princess who is forced to hide her identity and pose a mute. welp, i didnt think they would actually reveal anything about rey's origins.

Last edited by C.V on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:50 am; edited 3 times in total
C.V
C.V
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:41 am

@adamdrivershair wrote:Interesting - sleemo on Tumblr has an insight about what Adam might have meant by the princess quote - it could be a direct reference to the plot of Hidden Fortress, rather than a reference to Leia or Rey: https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167015807602/adam-driver-was-talking-about-the-princess-in-the

@adamdrivershair

That does seem like it could be the case.

Though "Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices" is a slightly odd way to put the comparison as the characters' situations don't even seem directly comparable.

I suppose there's no way to tell because we don't know the actual context of the discussion. Ah well. I mean, for all we know he might have been talking directly about TFA itself before that quote.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:46 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@adamdrivershair wrote:Interesting - sleemo on Tumblr has an insight about what Adam might have meant by the princess quote - it could be a direct reference to the plot of Hidden Fortress, rather than a reference to Leia or Rey: https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167015807602/adam-driver-was-talking-about-the-princess-in-the

@adamdrivershair

Though "Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices" is a slightly odd way to put the comparison as the characters' situations don't even seem directly comparable.

I suppose there's no way to tell because we don't know the actual context of the discussion. Ah well. I mean, for all we know he might have been talking directly about TFA itself before that quote.
@Darth Dingbat

Maybe someone on Twitter could manifest a deja-vu of RomanceGate and get the writer to release a transcript Laughing
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

I have shivers of terror. Wtf
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

@adamdrivershair wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@adamdrivershair

@Darth Dingbat

Maybe someone on Twitter could manifest a deja-vu of RomanceGate and get the writer to release a transcript Laughing
@adamdrivershair

Great idea Laughing

The quote is interesting either way, though. If it just compares Kylo to the Princess in the film, then it kind of implies that Kylo has secret reasons for pretending to be what he is.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

Ahh, breathing a sigh of relief. He's obviously talking about the princess in Hidden Fortress. I don't understand how the author of the article assumes it's Rey. Adam is not always the most eloquent, so it's kind of a strange quote, but I don't think he let anything slip with how tight lipped he was earlier in the conversation.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:49 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:

@adamdrivershair

@Darth Dingbat

Yeah, I'm confused. Is that the full article then? It doesn't really make sense. scratch
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:53 am

Last edited by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:55 am

He was definitely talking about the princess in the Hidden Fortress. So strange that the reporter didn't clarify that with him - he obviously thought he had a real scoop there and didn't want to point it out so Adam could withdraw the comment.
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:59 am

So basically Kylo and Hidden Fortress Princess are comparable. That's what I'm getting.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 10:59 am

@Airemyn wrote:He was definitely talking about the princess in the Hidden Fortress. So strange that the reporter didn't clarify that with him - he obviously thought he had a real scoop there and didn't want to point it out so Adam could withdraw the comment.
@Airemyn

I suppose it isn't clear whether he's talking about the Princess in The Hidden Fortress or comparing her to a "princess" in TFA who is likewise hiding her identity. It would help to have the full transcript, to see how exactly the interviewer jumped to that conclusion.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by C.V on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

dude saw his chance and ran with it, must have gotten a ton of clicks that's for sure
C.V
C.V
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:03 am

@vaderito wrote:So basically Kylo and Hidden Fortress Princess are comparable. That's what I'm getting.
@vaderito

Which is interesting because they're not really? I could see the Princess being more comparable to Rey hiding her identity (if that's what she does). But if he is indeed comparing Kylo to the Princess, then that makes it sound like Kylo has some secrets.

Which actually makes it more interesting than it would be if it were about Rey Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:05 am

Thanks @cowgirlsamuari for posting that! If we just take out the authors interjections like so...

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 Quote10

it seems very obvious that Adam's just making a comparison to the princess. Talk about some click bait!
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:05 am

Thanks @cowgirlsamurai for posting that! If we just take out the authors interjections like so...

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 Quote10

it seems very obvious that Adam's just making a comparison to the princess. Talk about some click bait!
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:07 am

I think the author/interviewer just doesn't know anything about Hidden Fortress and jumped to conclusions. Oops Embarassed I'm honestly embarrassed for him.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:08 am

Pablo's comment on princessgate:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 Pablo_16
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:13 am

@Forsythia wrote:Pablo's comment on princessgate:

Interview Revelations:  "Hidden princess" and "the relationship between Rey and Kylo" and more golden quotes discussion - Page 15 Pablo_16
@Forsythia

Yeah, that pretty much settles it Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum