Cinematography in the ST - Influences, motifs, and techniques

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Cinematography in the ST - Influences, motifs, and techniques

Post by Starliteprism on Fri 04 May 2018, 5:01 pm

@grimbergen wrote:I just saw the Japanese anime movie "your name" and it reminded me of reylo.The characters, a boy and a girl that complement each other like yin and yang, the red ribbon of destiny. ... even there is a scene in which they try to touch the hand, it has been surprising.
@grimbergen

I enjoyed it as well!
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Cinematography in the ST - Influences, motifs, and techniques

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 04 May 2018, 5:31 pm

@grimbergen wrote:I just saw the Japanese anime movie "your name" and it reminded me of reylo.The characters, a boy and a girl that complement each other like yin and yang, the red ribbon of destiny. ... even there is a scene in which they try to touch the hand, it has been surprising.
@grimbergen

I first saw it about a month before TLJ and it really blew my mind. And now with hints from Rebels about certain ‘machanics’ along with J.J. buying the rights I think it makes for interesting speculation

SPOILER :
I was struck by the twilight scene / karaware-doki which lasts a few minutes between daylight and approaching dark when they are in ‘sync’ and they can touch in a ‘place’ independent of  time. The braids that they weave with their grandmother (red thread) not only brings two people together but also the string in braid can unravel and come back together again, to bind again  

MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum