Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by IoJovi on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 1:00 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:Honestly, if it's not about the Skywalkers then I'm not incredibly invested. I'll probably see them (and who knows, maybe I'll be over the moon and all about them lol), but like Rogue One, which I only saw once, I don't foresee myself caring as much.

It's the same for me and Harry Potter. Original story line=all about that....Fantastic Beasts (meh, ok, but not as invested)
@SheLitAFire

My Reylo reaching a** thinks it *could* be a technicality where Rey and Ben’s kids won’t carry the name Skywalker- they’ll carry the name Solo, or something else. Laughing

Of course the creators wouldn’t tell us that now, as it’d be a huge spoiler. Anyways, I’m not trying to get my hopes up, but I’d be lying if I said this weren’t in the back of my head....

@IoJovi

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What a Face

I totally assumed it was going to be set before the PT or something. But you may be onto something........ Ninja
@SheLitAFire

I don’t think they put a specific era of when it takes place. The only thing that gives me pause is its said to take place at a different corner of the galaxy but who knows where Rey and Ben may wind up when all is said and done. I just know that last time I tried to check my expectations, we ended up with the Force Bond in canon, hand touching as a stand in for lovers first kiss, a lightsaber fight coded for love making, Rey’s Jedi training outfit being solely for Ben’s benefit, and Shirtless!Kylo for Rey’s benefit, all with UST that’s off the charts.

So yeah in my head this is happening til it’s announced otherwise... Laughing
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7282
Likes : 41435
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by DarthRen on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 1:12 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:Honestly, if it's not about the Skywalkers then I'm not incredibly invested. I'll probably see them (and who knows, maybe I'll be over the moon and all about them lol), but like Rogue One, which I only saw once, I don't foresee myself caring as much.

It's the same for me and Harry Potter. Original story line=all about that....Fantastic Beasts (meh, ok, but not as invested)
@SheLitAFire

For me it's a little bit early to say with 100% certainty, if this trilogy will interest me as much as the Skywalker epic saga. I mean, It's more than 40 years of lore. I love Rian's style of work, where story takes over bombastic action as the main element. His style challenges you as a viewer to think a lot more about the movie. TLJ is one of those movies you have to watch multiple times to truly absorb everything. JJ made TFA to be fun, easy-going movie and I love that movie for what it's worth. It gave us Reylo but I do personally prefer Rian's style a bit more - a bit edgy, ambiguity and nuance storytelling. I still have the utmost confidence in JJ and his skills.

I wanna believe it'll be good but knowing at least basic things like - characters, time setting would be good to form some sort of opinion on this trilogy. Not because of Rian's style but general direction of the trilogy, what it'll be about, nostalgia for the Skywalker family and mainly Reylo. I was never so hooked onto SW movies like with Kylo and Rey ... so logically want more of them than others. I'll give it a try, I think I owe as much to a fellow filthy fan Rian "Reylo" Johnson.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6150
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by panki on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 3:48 pm

I hope we get some adventure set in Wild Space or maybe something surrounding the Chiss Ascendancy (with a link to Thrawn) ...both locations give almost blank slates for RJ to create completely new worlds and characters.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12485
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by MrsWindu on Wed 17 Jan 2018, 12:14 pm

Recently, a film screening at LACMA in Los Angeles was followed by a Q&A session with writer-director Rian Johnson

And I kind of threw out there, like the most interesting thing to me would be to tell a new story told over three movies where we go someplace else. And we go, kind of the potential of like a wide-open blue sky of, let’s go to a different part of the galaxy. Maybe a different time. I don’t know.
Let’s meet some new characters and let’s figure out what Star Wars means separated from some of the iconography that we’ve associated it with. Let’s take it someplace else and see what that would be like. That just seemed like a really interesting question to ask.”

Johnson was even questioned about whether this new trilogy could bring back Jar Jar Binks, which he didn't rule out.

"I would be down with bringing old Jar Jar back — we'll see," he joked.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/01/17/star-wars-rian-johnson-new-trilogy-the-last-jedi/

avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 4829
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 5:52 pm

There isn’t a general thread for rumours of potential directors of future SW films so I’m going to stick this in here - moderators pls move if needed. I very much enjoyed the Handmaids Tale in all its harshness but thoughtfully imagined version. I’m taking this with a large pinch of salt mind.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-reed-morano-next-star-wars-director-1075060

her acclaimed work on the Hulu drama led to a meeting with Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy about, um, something.
"I guess she was watching with her daughter and then called people and was like, 'Who's this Reed person?' She probably thought I was a guy because of my name," says Morano of her two-and-a-half-hour sit-down with the Lucasfilm president. "She's amazing. We're talking about adventure movies, and I'm not even remembering that she produced Goonies. Any movie that I put my finger on that I loved when I was growing up was a movie that she produced. Anyway, it was a great meeting. Obviously, I can't say anything about what else we were talking about."
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 4829
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 6:05 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:There isn’t a general thread for rumours of potential directors of future SW films so I’m going to stick this in here - moderators pls move if needed. I very much enjoyed the Handmaids Tale in all its harshness but thoughtfully imagined version. I’m taking this with a large pinch of salt mind.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-reed-morano-next-star-wars-director-1075060

her acclaimed work on the Hulu drama led to a meeting with Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy about, um, something.
"I guess she was watching with her daughter and then called people and was like, 'Who's this Reed person?' She probably thought I was a guy because of my name," says Morano of her two-and-a-half-hour sit-down with the Lucasfilm president. "She's amazing. We're talking about adventure movies, and I'm not even remembering that she produced Goonies. Any movie that I put my finger on that I loved when I was growing up was a movie that she produced. Anyway, it was a great meeting. Obviously, I can't say anything about what else we were talking about."
@MrsWindu

Huh, interesting. So Rian would write the new SW films but someone else would potentially direct them? I just always assumed he'd do both, but that's a lot of work so I can see that they may be looking for future directors. ::cough cough:: Ava Duvernay and Patty Jenkins
avatar
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1911
Likes : 7217
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 6:27 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:There isn’t a general thread for rumours of potential directors of future SW films so I’m going to stick this in here - moderators pls move if needed. I very much enjoyed the Handmaids Tale in all its harshness but thoughtfully imagined version. I’m taking this with a large pinch of salt mind.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-reed-morano-next-star-wars-director-1075060

her acclaimed work on the Hulu drama led to a meeting with Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy about, um, something.
"I guess she was watching with her daughter and then called people and was like, 'Who's this Reed person?' She probably thought I was a guy because of my name," says Morano of her two-and-a-half-hour sit-down with the Lucasfilm president. "She's amazing. We're talking about adventure movies, and I'm not even remembering that she produced Goonies. Any movie that I put my finger on that I loved when I was growing up was a movie that she produced. Anyway, it was a great meeting. Obviously, I can't say anything about what else we were talking about."
@MrsWindu

Huh, interesting. So Rian would write the new SW films but someone else would potentially direct them? I just always assumed he'd do both, but that's a lot of work so I can see that they may be looking for future directors. ::cough cough:: Ava Duvernay and Patty Jenkins
@SheLitAFire

Oh boy I’d LOVE to see future SW films directed by either of those ladies. The trailer for Wrinkle in Time looks stunning.
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 4829
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by DeeBee on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 10:28 pm

Hiya, just came across an interview with RJ dated 3 April - related to his new trilogy... thought I'd share RJ quotes here about his new trilogy.

Armitage, 2018 wrote: The director [RJ] is still in the early stages of planning those movies, but he revealed to Digital Spy how he is approaching a story separate from the Skywalker clan.

"I'm looking at everything right now," he [RJ] said when we asked what parts of Star Wars lore he might be drawing from. "I'm honestly just in this very nice 'OK, what is this thing going to be?' phase. ... Really, the only goal I have is to think about how Star Wars made me feel as a kid. And that's it. I'm trying to capture: what is that, if it's not iconography that we recognise, necessarily, from the original trilogy? What captures that spirit? What can be that for a kid who's never heard of Star Wars?.... It's getting back to the very fundamental questions of what makes this what it is."
Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a853821/rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-plans-approach/

-the article's author Hugh Armitage, says RJ is looking at a story separate to the Skywalker clan?
RJ doesn't say anything about the Skywalker clan. Have we received any other information about it yet?
To me, these RJ quotes don't tell me if the trilogy will be pre TPM or post IX, or somewhere in between... However - I'm really glad to hear RJ talking about the spirit of star wars and it's fundamentals! so I thought I'd pass this on! bye!
avatar
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1024
Likes : 2883
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by twilekempire on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 11:19 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hiya, just came across an interview with RJ dated 3 April - related to his new trilogy... thought I'd share RJ quotes here about his new trilogy.

Armitage, 2018 wrote: The director [RJ] is still in the early stages of planning those movies, but he revealed to Digital Spy how he is approaching a story separate from the Skywalker clan.

"I'm looking at everything right now," he [RJ] said when we asked what parts of Star Wars lore he might be drawing from. "I'm honestly just in this very nice 'OK, what is this thing going to be?' phase. ... Really, the only goal I have is to think about how Star Wars made me feel as a kid. And that's it. I'm trying to capture: what is that, if it's not iconography that we recognise, necessarily, from the original trilogy? What captures that spirit? What can be that for a kid who's never heard of Star Wars?.... It's getting back to the very fundamental questions of what makes this what it is."
Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a853821/rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-plans-approach/

-the article's author Hugh Armitage, says RJ is looking at a story separate to the Skywalker clan?
RJ doesn't say anything about the Skywalker clan. Have we received any other information about it yet?
To me, these RJ quotes don't tell me if the trilogy will be pre TPM or post IX, or somewhere in between... However - I'm really glad to hear RJ talking about the spirit of star wars and it's fundamentals! so I thought I'd pass this on! bye!
@DeeBee

This fits with my impression that D&D are going to do the more "adult" series of movies and Rian is tasked with creating something mythic that speaks to the kids like the original series did to kids in its day. While I think D&D are the wrong choice if they want something actually mature rather than just having lots of sex and violence, I think Rian is the perfect choice. He gets the deep stuff involved. KK is wise to give him that specific task.
avatar
twilekempire
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 116
Likes : 637
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by rey09 on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 8:10 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:There isn’t a general thread for rumours of potential directors of future SW films so I’m going to stick this in here - moderators pls move if needed. I very much enjoyed the Handmaids Tale in all its harshness but thoughtfully imagined version. I’m taking this with a large pinch of salt mind.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/is-reed-morano-next-star-wars-director-1075060

her acclaimed work on the Hulu drama led to a meeting with Star Wars gatekeeper Kathleen Kennedy about, um, something.
"I guess she was watching with her daughter and then called people and was like, 'Who's this Reed person?' She probably thought I was a guy because of my name," says Morano of her two-and-a-half-hour sit-down with the Lucasfilm president. "She's amazing. We're talking about adventure movies, and I'm not even remembering that she produced Goonies. Any movie that I put my finger on that I loved when I was growing up was a movie that she produced. Anyway, it was a great meeting. Obviously, I can't say anything about what else we were talking about."
@MrsWindu

Huh, interesting. So Rian would write the new SW films but someone else would potentially direct them? I just always assumed he'd do both, but that's a lot of work so I can see that they may be looking for future directors. ::cough cough:: Ava Duvernay and Patty Jenkins
@SheLitAFire

I think I read an article somewhere Ava wasn't interested in doing SW films. She also said on twitter "SW is not for me."
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1372
Likes : 6486
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by MrsWindu on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm

@DeeBee

I saw a continuation of that interview ( I think) in another article when Rian went on to say:

"Once you get past the things that are the iconography of Star Wars, once you say, okay, if it doesn't have the Falcon; if it doesn't have someone with Skywalker as their last name; if we don't go to Tatooine, what is it? What is it at its essence? It's a really exciting question, and I think it's something that has to be answered at some point. So let's figure it out."

I'm NOT sure I agree with how the rest of the article went...give the guy a chance please.

Does it really need to be answered, though? Star Wars fans like their already in-place Star Wars elements best in these newer films, and many simply balk at the main cast of new characters calling them straight up terrible. Fans like the familiar. And it was the unfamiliar that had so many turning on The Last Jedi. That's where the standalone movies come into play. They actually tie into existing Star Wars lore.....

So, Rian Johnson's intrinsic problem is losing all the stuff that makes Star Wars feel like Star Wars, which is essentially the characters and their story. So he's going to have to come up with some quite compelling leads. And they cant just be carbon copies of the Jedi, the Princess and the Rogue. It's going to be quite interesting to watch as he tries and pulls this rabbit out of his hat

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-10-new-trilogy-rian-johnson-biggest-challenge/
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 4829
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by DeeBee on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 6:28 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:@DeeBee

I saw a continuation of that interview ( I think) in another article when Rian went on to say:

"Once you get past the things that are the iconography of Star Wars, once you say, okay, if it doesn't have the Falcon; if it doesn't have someone with Skywalker as their last name; if we don't go to Tatooine, what is it? What is it at its essence? It's a really exciting question, and I think it's something that has to be answered at some point. So let's figure it out."

I'm NOT sure I agree with how the rest of the article went...give the guy a chance please.

Does it really need to be answered, though? Star Wars fans like their already in-place Star Wars elements best in these newer films, and many simply balk at the main cast of new characters calling them straight up terrible. Fans like the familiar. And it was the unfamiliar that had so many turning on The Last Jedi. That's where the standalone movies come into play. They actually tie into existing Star Wars lore.....

So, Rian Johnson's intrinsic problem is losing all the stuff that makes Star Wars feel like Star Wars, which is essentially the characters and their story. So he's going to have to come up with some quite compelling leads. And they cant just be carbon copies of the Jedi, the Princess and the Rogue. It's going to be quite interesting to watch as he tries and pulls this rabbit out of his hat

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-10-new-trilogy-rian-johnson-biggest-challenge/
@MrsWindu

Ohhhh now the random skywalker comment makes sense! I don't trust these 'journalists'! Thanks for sharing MrsWindu!

This article by author B.A. Orange is curious.. Why would any SW fan ever be anti RJ wanting to stay true to the fundamentals of what SW is?!
Orange, 2018 wrote:
[RJ said:] "We're just at the very beginning of figuring out what this new thing is going to be, but part of the excitement of it is really trying to hone in on 'what is Star Wars?' What was Star Wars for me the very first time I saw it when I was a little kid? What are the combination of elements that just made me want to jump into the screen, and made me want to go home and instantly start telling my own stories?"
What is that, indeed? Most Star Wars fans would answer the characters, ships and aliens that make up this world coupled with a compelling space opera about a family we've come to know and love over the course of 9 movies. There have been a lot of Star Wars rip-offs over the years, and none of them ever got it right. And if done wrong, this could definitely just feel like Battle Beyond the Stars. It's a guy without a plan forced to create something out of nothing instead of pulling from a true creative place. That usually renders very mixed results.
I think this author has answered his own question without realizing it. LOL. He asks- Does it need to be answered what are the fundamentals of SW? Yes, and he identifies why - because we don't want a trilogy that feels like a SW rip off! We want it to feel authentic.
RJ hasn't spelled out what the SW fundamentals are - but this author needs to go back to old GL interviews and remind himself of the underlying universal themes that underpin all of SW and make it what it is..

Well put Mrs Windu - give RJ a chance!

[edited to attribute correctly]: Twilekempire, I don't know game of thrones at all.. so I'm just trusting KK will keep a close watch on things and if they are out of line, she will fire their butts! Go KK!

I'm really excited - knowing this is RJ's approach to his trilogy, the possibilities of what RJ can come up with are now endless!!! Maybe the RJ trilogy will be the best yet!

Edited to add.. found more RJ quotes on Trilogy.. when this announcement was made I was totally focused on TLJ about to be released.. so lol it's fun to go back now and see what was said!

An article by Couch, 2017 (December 16th) has a Q&A with Rian Johnson and his long time work partner Ram Bergman.
source:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-rian-johnson-new-trilogy-1068535

Couch, 2017 wrote: Now conjuring a new Star Wars trilogy, the duo isn't yet unconcerned about its place in the franchise timeline. “I’m thinking of, what’s the story going to be, who is it going to follow?” Johnson says. “I’m excited by the potential.”

What have you learned on The Last Jedi that will help you going forward with the new trilogy?

Rian Johnson: There were so many things that were new to me, in terms of process with this. Everything from working with pre-vis for the first time to working with the heads of departments. It was a smooth process. It felt oddly comfortable, but a lot of it was new, so there was a learning curve. It will be nice coming into the next one, knowing a little bit better how a machine this big works. It was such an unknown to me, whether the size of this and the scope of it would make it a different thing than I previously knew how to do. Now that I know that's not the case, I feel like I can come into it a little bit more without the trepidation of, "Am I going to know how to do this?" Which feels good.

Are you going to to take any time off once the launch of this movie is out of the way, or do you know when you're going to hunker down and focus on this full time?

Johnson: We're going to figure out the timing of the next one. We haven't figured it out yet. I'll say, I don't feel like, "Oh my God, I'm exhausted, I need to sit on a beach for a month." I feel creatively energized right now. I feel like I want to jump right into work. This whole process has left me feeling ready to jump in and do it again right away. I don't know why. I don't know if that's a good sign.

Ram Bergman: Also, on most of big movies, you work and you deliver the movie literally last minute. We pretty much finished the movie in early August, so we've not been working really hard, except doing press here and there. We had the luxury of delivering the movie a few months earlier than usual.

Have you given thought to where in the Star Wars timeline this trilogy will fit? For instance, would it takes place before the Skywalker Saga or after?

Johnson: I'm at the very beginning of trying to come up with it, and honestly, timeline-wise, I'm not sure yet. In a way it's interesting, but in a way it's the least interesting part of it to me. I'm more thinking of what's the story going to be, who is it going to follow? What elements is it going to have? What kind of drama is in it? My head right now is more in that place. I haven't really, really gotten into it. Right now I'm mostly excited by the potential and just starting to form little clusters of ideas of what it might become.


Last edited by DeeBee on Tue 10 Apr 2018, 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed attribution; added new comments..)
avatar
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1024
Likes : 2883
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 10:44 am

Ram Bergman: Upcoming trilogy will feature all new characters

You’re working on three new “Star Wars” movies. What can you reveal about them?

It’s a completely new trilogy that writer-director Rian Johnson, my partner, is going to create. It’s all new characters. Everything is new.

What’s the plan for releasing the first one?

I can’t tell you because we don’t know yet. Maybe in two years; it’s just in the early stages.
avatar
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1297
Likes : 10441
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 10:10 am

Sounds like the first movie from Rian's new trilogy might come a little earlier than we all were thinking:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-release/

“It’s a completely new trilogy that writer-director Rian Johnson, my partner, is going to create. It’s all new characters. Everything is new.”

And when can we expect these brand new films? Bergman didn’t have an exact date, but he estimated that we could see the first movie by 2020:

“I can’t tell you because we don’t know yet. Maybe in two years; it’s just in the early stages.”
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5668
Likes : 29428
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 12:32 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sounds like the first movie from Rian's new trilogy might come a little earlier than we all were thinking:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-release/

“It’s a completely new trilogy that writer-director Rian Johnson, my partner, is going to create. It’s all new characters. Everything is new.”

And when can we expect these brand new films? Bergman didn’t have an exact date, but he estimated that we could see the first movie by 2020:

“I can’t tell you because we don’t know yet. Maybe in two years; it’s just in the early stages.”
@ISeeAnIsland

Slashfilm just reposted that Ram Bergman interview from weeks ago and made it sound like new news, lol. But I really hope it makes the 2020 release date, particularly with Obi-Wan and Indy vacating their release dates. Every time I hear something new I get very excited. I hope we'll get news about the era it's set in, a rough synopsis etc. Could happen at Celebration.
avatar
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1297
Likes : 10441
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 22
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by snufkin on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:19 pm

I liked Rian long before he got hired to do TLJ and he delivered on what I wanted after seeing TFA, so I'm super excited and curious to see how his trilogy plays out. Though he should bring back Veronica Ngo in another role because the introduction with her was one of the best parts of TLJ.

Also the depressing thought is that no matter what, the same idiots who've been swarming on him and Solo because #notmylukeskywalker are probably going to be making the same amount of noise about these films because it's his.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7865
Likes : 35717
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by IoJovi on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:23 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Sounds like the first movie from Rian's new trilogy might come a little earlier than we all were thinking:

http://www.slashfilm.com/rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-release/

“It’s a completely new trilogy that writer-director Rian Johnson, my partner, is going to create. It’s all new characters. Everything is new.”

And when can we expect these brand new films? Bergman didn’t have an exact date, but he estimated that we could see the first movie by 2020:

“I can’t tell you because we don’t know yet. Maybe in two years; it’s just in the early stages.”
@ISeeAnIsland

Reylo babies count as brand new characters, right? I am holding out for this until I hear otherwise... Laughing

avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7282
Likes : 41435
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by LadyGaufrette on Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:50 am

Before Rian Johnson's new trilogy, Rian will "directs & Scripts Murder Mystery ‘Knives Out’".

https://deadline.com/2018/09/daniel-craig-rian-johnson-knives-out-james-bond-25-star-wars-the-last-jedi-toronto-film-festival-auction-1202456539/

Rian + Agatha Christie's inspiration + locked door mansion murder mystery, I gladly say yes!

However, I don't know if that mean a SW movie in 2020 become impossible.
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 228
Likes : 579
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by LadyGaufrette on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm

Musical clip directed by Rian.


Maybe I'm seeing thing, but the beginning reminded me of this,

It's from 'The Garden of Words' by Makoto Shinkai. It could be a coincidence but do you know an other movie by this man?
'Your Name', one of the most reylo film I've seen and one movie JJ should adapt in the future.

My theory.
People at Lucasfilm watched Makoto Shinkai's filmography so maybe there are hints for IX in other movies. Laughing
avatar
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 228
Likes : 579
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-18
Localisation : Land of (obi-)wine and CH-33Z

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion: Rian Johnson at the Helm of a New Star Wars Trilogy

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 2:37 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:Musical clip directed by Rian.


Maybe I'm seeing thing, but the beginning reminded me of this,

It's from 'The Garden of Words' by Makoto Shinkai. It could be a coincidence but do you know an other movie by this man?
'Your Name', one of the most reylo film I've seen and one movie JJ should adapt in the future.

My theory.
People at Lucasfilm watched Makoto Shinkai's filmography so maybe there are hints for IX in other movies. Laughing
@LadyGaufrette

Similarities have been bought up before with Your Name and Reylo

http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t628p125-cinematography-in-the-st-influences-motifs-and-techniques#193615

Also there seems to be some similarities with Miyazaki movies.
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 831
Likes : 4829
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum