EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 21 Nov - 16:38

Interesting idea about Kylo searching for Luke because he wants to confront him.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1221
Likes : 5350
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by ZioRen on Tue 21 Nov - 16:53

I don't know, the way Holdo is talked about in the recent article doesn't scream "she's wrong and Poe is so right to be suspicious of her and Leia is just blinded to her faults" to me. If anything, pitting her against Poe the way they are, there may be areas where both are right and both are wrong and they have to reconcile to drive the Resistance in the right direction.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2890
Likes : 19721
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by panki on Tue 21 Nov - 17:14

Maybe, but it still doesn't explain Holdo's complete absence from Leia's life until TLJ, especially since even her oldest friends from her teen years were helping her first with the rebellion, then with the new republic and the resistance...Holdo is curiously absent from her life all this time, even in all the recent retcons of Leia's past.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 21 Nov - 17:16

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the Reylos whose blogs I started following early 2016.....not only did you re awaken a jaded old fan's love for SW you also introduced me to what may end up to be the greatest love story on celluloid.


Thank you ladies and gentlemen.... Claps
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2998
Likes : 12752
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 21 Nov - 17:28

@ZioRen wrote:I don't know, the way Holdo is talked about in the recent article doesn't scream "she's wrong and Poe is so right to be suspicious of her and Leia is just blinded to her faults" to me. If anything, pitting her against Poe the way they are, there may be areas where both are right and both are wrong and they have to reconcile to drive the Resistance in the right direction.
@ZioRen

I remember Adam saying that Kylo thinks he's in the right - perhaps Holdo does some 'questionable' things that she herself believes right.
Wonder if she has some 'extreme' views about dealing with the FO like Saw Guerrera in Rogue 1?

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2998
Likes : 12752
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by ZioRen on Tue 21 Nov - 17:54

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I don't know, the way Holdo is talked about in the recent article doesn't scream "she's wrong and Poe is so right to be suspicious of her and Leia is just blinded to her faults" to me. If anything, pitting her against Poe the way they are, there may be areas where both are right and both are wrong and they have to reconcile to drive the Resistance in the right direction.
@ZioRen

I remember Adam saying that Kylo thinks he's in the right - perhaps Holdo does some 'questionable' things that she herself believes right.
Wonder if she has some 'extreme' views about dealing with the FO like Saw Guerrera in Rogue 1?

@motherofpearl1

Maybe, but the article's tone read like "people immediately think Holdo doesn't know what she's doing because of her appearance and then she proves them wrong and maybe having a different point of view and way of doing things is exactly what the Resistance needs". Wasn't there even a comparison to "breaking the glass ceiling"?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2890
Likes : 19721
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Starliteprism on Tue 21 Nov - 18:16

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I'd like to say a big thank you to all the Reylos whose blogs I started following early 2016.....not only did you re awaken a jaded old fan's love for SW you also introduced me to what may end up to be the greatest love story on celluloid.


Thank you ladies and gentlemen.... Claps
@motherofpearl1

I think that is my ultimate wish out of all of this. It feels like it might be the greatest love story told, in a beautiful and very artistic way.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 680
Likes : 2103
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Kessel on Tue 21 Nov - 20:00

@ZioRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I don't know, the way Holdo is talked about in the recent article doesn't scream "she's wrong and Poe is so right to be suspicious of her and Leia is just blinded to her faults" to me. If anything, pitting her against Poe the way they are, there may be areas where both are right and both are wrong and they have to reconcile to drive the Resistance in the right direction.
@ZioRen

I remember Adam saying that Kylo thinks he's in the right - perhaps Holdo does some 'questionable' things that she herself believes right.
Wonder if she has some 'extreme' views about dealing with the FO like Saw Guerrera in Rogue 1?

@motherofpearl1

Maybe, but the article's tone read like "people immediately think Holdo doesn't know what she's doing because of her appearance and then she proves them wrong and maybe having a different point of view and way of doing things is exactly what the Resistance needs". Wasn't there even a comparison to "breaking the glass ceiling"?
@ZioRen

Yeah, I kind of got that impression as well. Her capabilities are going to be judged based on her appearance. Laura Dern compares it to "stereotypes about women bosses" and their appearance. I think part of her character's purpose is to play with first impressions and expectations, but mostly to add some (needed) drama to the Resistance plot.

I thought it was interesting that Laura says her character "always worked under Leia for the Resistance, therefore with Leia being the boss." So she's not necessarily taking over, but is brought in to assist and Poe is put under her command?

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1941
Likes : 13607
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 21 Nov - 21:52

I find this picture unsettling. Honestly this is not how you look at your boss in respect or a person you supposedly admire. That look on Poe’s face feels to me like insubordination. Or maybe I am just projecting. Ever heard of personal space though?

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 F2629710
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1924
Likes : 9502
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by IoJovi on Tue 21 Nov - 21:54

@SanghaRen wrote:I find this picture unsettling. Honestly this is not how you look at your boss in respect or a person you supposedly admire. That look on Poe’s face feels to me like insubordination. Or maybe I am just projecting. Ever heard of personal space though?

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 F2629710
@SanghaRen


Oooh I am intrigued! That most definitely does not look like a happy working relationship! Me thinks he’s about two seconds from being smacked across the face... Laughing

Poor Poe. Hopefully they can work it out...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41505
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 21 Nov - 21:58

@SanghaRen wrote:I find this picture unsettling. Honestly this is not how you look at your boss in respect or a person you supposedly admire. That look on Poe’s face feels to me like insubordination. Or maybe I am just projecting. Ever heard of personal space though?

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 F2629710
@SanghaRen

I agree. There is something personal happening here.  It looks confrontation-ish. I have a feeling that they are going to have Poe and Leia have very "familiar" body language to indicate the surrogate son aspect. OTOH, if she meets up with Kylo, it will be very awkward at first ... But hopefully, eventually, that will soften to where we really see who is her son and who isn't.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4741
Likes : 22971
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SkyStar on Tue 21 Nov - 22:00

@SanghaRen wrote:I find this picture unsettling. Honestly this is not how you look at your boss in respect or a person you supposedly admire. That look on Poe’s face feels to me like insubordination. Or maybe I am just projecting. Ever heard of personal space though?

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 F2629710
@SanghaRen

And my mind went to this. "Listen, boy, you won't command me"

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Ttumblr_ozqbrop6jv1w6j24yo1_1280
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1482
Likes : 6943
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 21 Nov - 22:11

@SkyStar wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:I find this picture unsettling. Honestly this is not how you look at your boss in respect or a person you supposedly admire. That look on Poe’s face feels to me like insubordination. Or maybe I am just projecting. Ever heard of personal space though?

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 F2629710
@SanghaRen

And my mind went to this. "Listen, boy, you won't command me"

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Ttumblr_ozqbrop6jv1w6j24yo1_1280
@SkyStar

Oh my. Looks like a usual day at work for me, each one trying to be in command Smile Enters Kylo towering Holdo “Move along, purple Resistance lady, I am in charge here.” And there I would love it if tiny Leia would smack all 3 of them across the face because she’s the one and only true boss, people!

@iojovi

Sure they’ll work it out. Leia does not hold grudges if she thinks people were honest in their actions/reactions. Only person she held a grudge against is Daddy, but who can blame her.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1924
Likes : 9502
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 21 Nov - 22:18

@SanghaRen wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:I find this picture unsettling. Honestly this is not how you look at your boss in respect or a person you supposedly admire. That look on Poe’s face feels to me like insubordination. Or maybe I am just projecting. Ever heard of personal space though?

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 F2629710
@SanghaRen

And my mind went to this. "Listen, boy, you won't command me"

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Ttumblr_ozqbrop6jv1w6j24yo1_1280
@SkyStar

Oh my. Looks like a usual day at work for me, each one trying to be in command Smile Enters Kylo towering Holdo “Move along, purple Resistance lady, I am in charge here.” And there I would love it if tiny Leia would smack all 3 of them across the face because she’s the one and only true boss, people!

@iojovi

Sure they’ll work it out. Leia does not hold grudges if she thinks people were honest in their actions/reactions. Only person she held a grudge against is Daddy, but who can blame her.
@SanghaRen

I just realized I wouldn't be in Poe's skin against those two.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by IoJovi on Wed 22 Nov - 2:06

I just want to say that Garbage Picker is the new Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder. Like mother, like son....
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41505
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Irina de France on Wed 22 Nov - 2:10

@IoJovi wrote:I just want to say that Garbage Picker is the new Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder. Like mother, like son....
@IoJovi

Kylo: Garbage picker.
Rey: You can say that again. I picked your sorry *ss.
Kylo: ...
Kylo: ... you win this round.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1948
Likes : 9612
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 24
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Kylo Rey on Wed 22 Nov - 2:14

@IoJovi wrote:I just want to say that Garbage Picker is the new Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder. Like mother, like son....
@IoJovi

Kylo inherited his snobbiness from his mother Very Happy
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1497
Likes : 11843
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 23
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 22 Nov - 3:08

@IoJovi wrote:I just want to say that Garbage Picker is the new Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder.  Like mother, like son....
@IoJovi

Kylo: I hate that Garbage Picker.

Also Kylo:

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Giphy
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5988
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Nov - 3:47

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:I just want to say that Garbage Picker is the new Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder.  Like mother, like son....
@IoJovi

Kylo: I hate that Garbage Picker.

Also Kylo:

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Giphy
@ReyofLightSide

Bwahahaha! Maybe Rian will sneak in that Star Wars musical he's been joking about with Kylo doing a solo (har har) number



I don't expect to have a screwball comedy Howard Hawks-style back and forth between those two. But they are so funny together  where sure you get her calling him a creature, you can tell it provokes him to take off the mask like "see, not a creature! Are you happy" with this irritated body language because she goaded him into taking off the mask and showing his face. That's why he slams it down in the ashes. Even her like "Dude WTF are you on about?!" look when he drops his whole "you need a teacher line on her (and he's standing there like a nerd asking his crush to the prom) are pretty classic. Like those two people working together have some great body language in reacting to each other without any dialogue. If he legit calls her a garbage picker when they're stuck with each other, like how could anybody not think of scruffy looking nerf herder? Especially when the woman who said those lines edited/co-wrote the script?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8334
Likes : 38672
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by ZioRen on Wed 22 Nov - 17:01

Snoke article! http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/22/star-wars-last-jedi-andy-serkis-snoke-backstory/

Some interesting pieces:

Some people absorb unspeakable pain, then vow to spend the rest of their lives working and fighting to make sure no one else has to suffer as they did. Others endure the same agony but deal with it by magnifying that pain — and blasting it back upon the world.

Supreme Leader Snoke is one of the latter.

Serkis describes a cruel master, a 9-foot-tall alien humanoid who disparages and dominates his two lieutenants: Kylo Ren (played by Adam Driver) and General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson.) He’s a predator who identifies weakness and exploits it, drawing the young and promising to his side with promises of power, then using and discarding his protégés when they are no longer of use.

“His training of Kylo Ren is not yielding what he wants,” Serkis says. “Therefore his anger towards Kylo Ren is intensified because he can’t bear weakness in others. Part of the manipulation is goading him with Hux and playing them off against each other.”

“The thing about Snoke is that he is extremely strong with the Force, the dark side of the Force. He’s terribly powerful, of course. But he is also a very vulnerable and wounded character,” Serkis says. “He has suffered and he has suffered injury. The way that his malevolence comes out is in reaction to that. His hatred of the Resistance is fueled by what’s happened to him personally.”

“You witness his physicality,” Serkis says. “His body is kind of twisted up like a corkscrew, and so he has limited movement. His aggression and his anger is contained and restricted by that physicality.”

Snoke’s shattered skull and open jaw were also inspired by something real from our own world. “His deformity is very much based on injuries from the First World War, from the trenches,” Serkis says.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2890
Likes : 19721
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 22 Nov - 17:16

So it seems Snoke has a history with someone from the Resistance. (If we take Serkis literally).

Leia would be an obvious guess. But who knows?

Maybe it's something from the ancient times and has to do with the Jedi Order.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22094
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by IoJovi on Wed 22 Nov - 17:40

@Darth_Awakened wrote:So it seems Snoke has a history with someone from the Resistance. (If we take Serkis literally).

Leia would be an obvious guess. But who knows?

Maybe it's something from the ancient times and has to do with the Jedi Order.
@Darth_Awakened

What a neat article.  I've never been particularly interested in Snoke, and didn't find him that particularly scary.  However, I NEVER expected to find him relatable (or maybe a better word is understandable).  Someone has hurt him physically and emotionally and therefore it's easier to understand his motivations.  He reminds me of the Joker in the Dark Knight in the fact that he seems to just want to watch the world burn, while creating the facade of an unpenetrable "order."
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7289
Likes : 41505
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 103
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 22 Nov - 17:42

Very cool article! The biggest takeaway for me was Snoke having a grudge against the Resistance and possibly blaming it for his injuries. Maybe Leia was originally supposed to take the brunt of his grudge as a result of something that happened in the 30 year gap.

The mention of Snoke being a predator who uses and discards his proteges is great too.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4296
Likes : 37029
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 25
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition - Page 15 Empty Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 22 Nov - 17:46

*shouts into a megaphone*

Listen up, everybody! We're now going to scour the canon in its entirety for every character who may have been badly injured and have reasons to bear a grudge against the Rebellion, Republic, and/or Resistance.

I know we've got only about three weeks, but if we focus and try really hard, we can do this!

*rambunctious applause*
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30457
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum