EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:48 pm

Opposites, you say... rabbit
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30455
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by DarthRen on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:59 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6150
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Geralt_Riv on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 1:53 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
avatar
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 308
Likes : 1369
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 2:49 pm

No idea if this is the right place to post. It’s EW’s collection of TLJ pictures. More than 50. Nothing new, but you can see if you missed a few.

http://ew.com/movies/star-wars-the-last-jedi-every-image/star-wars-the-last-jedi
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1642
Likes : 8392
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by panki on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 2:51 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
@Geralt_Riv

You've just mentioned my one fear for Kylo...hopefully they won't do something so drastic. Sad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12485
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:05 pm

@panki wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
@Geralt_Riv

You've just mentioned my one fear for Kylo...hopefully they won't do something so drastic. Sad
@panki

My one fear too that that kind of scenario happens as shocking and dramatic outcome: Possessed (by Snoke)? Force sucked? Incapacitated ? Near-death state? Something else?
avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5483
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Geralt_Riv on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:10 pm

@panki wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
@Geralt_Riv

You've just mentioned my one fear for Kylo...hopefully they won't do something so drastic. Sad
@panki

Hopefully. I don't want to see it either. I would like to see rogue/exile Kylo at the end of TLJ. I don't remember where I read it, but I read a rumor (probably FAF) that Kylo will end up on some forest planet. And not that long ago I saw pictures of Batuu. Maybe this is the place we will see Kylo for the last time in TLJ. I would love that. Laughing
avatar
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 308
Likes : 1369
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Poland

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by panki on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:22 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
@Geralt_Riv

You've just mentioned my one fear for Kylo...hopefully they won't do something so drastic. Sad
@panki

Hopefully. I don't want to see it either. I would like to see rogue/exile Kylo at the end of TLJ. I don't remember where I read it, but I read a rumor (probably FAF) that Kylo will end up on some forest planet. And not that long ago I saw pictures of Batuu. Maybe this is the place we will see Kylo for the last time in TLJ. I would love that. Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

That is kind of my headcanon a well....Kylo takes the ship and blaster Lando had left for him in Aftermath, and goes to some beautiful green planet with Rey to have a fresh and happy new start....though I'm even open to him settling on Tatooine where it all began.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12485
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by DarthRen on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:31 pm

@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
@Geralt_Riv

Something to that extent. Really not something I want to see but it woud make sense in a way or Kylo goes rogue[my preferred]. I don't think Kylo will die in TLj, given Rian words about how boring it would be if he did. Just plain a simple, he has to die. If he gets cut from the Force or his powers sucked by Snoke, he'll live in some way, not really dead. This is all IF scenario.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6150
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 7:54 pm

@panki wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:From Reddit:

There has been a lot of speculation and evidence that Snoke may be healing from somehow feeding off of force users. He clearly does look somewhat healed with significantly more vitality in the action shots of him in the new trailers as compared to TFA. This may be just a little bit of different lighting or perspective or it could even be a little tweaking of his design by Rian Johnson and Co, but I think he does look stronger, healthier and more deadly. There have also been rumors of some sort of dual chairs in his throne room that help him to "siphon" the force from a user somehow. I also remember several times that Star Wars insiders have stated that Snoke was a very handsome man in his younger days before he became old and disfigured. So, I think Snoke is corrupting the force in some way to feed off of it, only not just to heal. I think we will see him use this ability all the way to the point where he becomes fully healed, young, handsome, in his prime and at his most dangerous before he is finally stopped with the combined efforts of Luke, Rey and maybe even Kylo in episode 9. I'm a big fan of the theory the Snoke is an ancient Whill. the directors have stated that Snoke is a new character that is ancient and has been sitting in the shadows watching things unfold, this theory would support those statements. I think Snoke may very well just be Snoke, but he's gonna be a bad*** before it's all said and done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7ewxx5/i_think_snoke_may_not_just_be_healing/

I love this theory! This way you wouldn't need a CGI villain for Episode IX too.
@Kylo Rey

For some reason, it's possible he sucks Kylo's powers. Serkis said Snoke has a plan for him, Han told him that once Snoke gets what he wants, he'll crush him. Maybe to restore his younger-self? It would make a sense.
@DarthRen

So you think that Kylo will become Ulic Qel-Droma of the new canon. His force powers were not sucked. Actually he was cut from the Force. It is not the same thing but it is similar.
@Geralt_Riv

You've just mentioned my one fear for Kylo...hopefully they won't do something so drastic. Sad
@panki

Hopefully. I don't want to see it either. I would like to see rogue/exile Kylo at the end of TLJ. I don't remember where I read it, but I read a rumor (probably FAF) that Kylo will end up on some forest planet. And not that long ago I saw pictures of Batuu. Maybe this is the place we will see Kylo for the last time in TLJ. I would love that. Laughing
@Geralt_Riv

That is kind of my headcanon a well....Kylo takes the ship and blaster Lando had left for him in Aftermath, and goes to some beautiful green planet with Rey to have a fresh and happy new start....though I'm even open to him settling on Tatooine where it all began.
@panki

YES! With the Lando blaster!!! So brilliant!!!!
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4641
Likes : 22445
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Casper on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:45 pm

@PalmettoBlue wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Moonlight13

Okay, I'm just gonna say it:

Holdo reminds me of Snoke, and visa versa.  

Probably means nothing.  Feel free to ignore.
@Casper
Wait. What? Why? I’m fascinated.
@PalmettoBlue

I don't know if it's because they're both tall and sparkly with flamboyant tastes or what.  But, especially after I saw Snoke's very human-looking blue eyes, it kind of increased that feeling.  I'm far less informed than most of you, so I don't know if there's much of a back-story for Holdo.  Apparently, she is mentioned in either Bloodline or Aftermarth (neither of which I've read), but it seems that both she and Snoke kind of came out of nowhere, and we don't really know know much about either of them.  That coupled with the fact that Snoke's supposed to be able to cause people to hallucinate in a very deep and realistic way, made me just kind of scratch my chin a little like, "—maybe?  Nooo.  But what if—?" kind of a thing.  

But, regardless of whether or not it was intentional, they do remind me of each other.  And, let me just say, that if the lovely Ms. Dern reads this, Holdo is obviously much prettier than Snoke, so it’s not so much a physical resemblance I noticed as the mystery around them, and them both showing up around the same time (from a GA perspective).  I doubt very seriously there’s meant to be any connection between them other than they’re both in prominent positions on opposite sides in the same war.  

And, by the way, this ‘feeling’ started as soon as I saw the first images of her released in the violet gown.  (And if you actually read all of that, I thank you for humoring me.  Smile )

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 77
Likes : 274
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 12:26 am

Snoke using Kylo as a sort of battery pack to restore his own health and beauty has been a long time headcanon for a lot of people here. I would really like it to be true as well.

It's such a classic villain thing, and recent comparisons are Mother Gothel using Rapunzel as her magic flower, and even Voldemort using Harry's blood as part of the potion to restore him. Although I would much prefer Snoke to resemble Voldy's situation with the Bone of the Father(Tom Riddle Sr.), Flesh of the Servant (Wormtail) and Blood of the Enemy (Harry) thing, because for one thing, it doesn't incapacitates Harry at all, but it makes Voldemort powerful and bypasses the only weakness he had from Harry.

I hope whatever Snoke has planned, would not reduce Kylo into a half-life skeletal zombie. Maybe his powers get diminished and he becomes catatonic for a while, or a bit hopeless because he no longer has a powerful Force connection (Like Charles X in Days of Future Past). But still human and alive. It would go well with what Adam meant "if you could call it a life" Because all his life Ben knew the Force, imagine having to live without it all of a sudden. He's basically blind, deaf, mute, and unfeeling without the Force.

This strengthens my headcanon that Rey and Kylo go off into the Galaxy's Edge (Batuu) in the end of TLJ, where Rey will begrudgingly look after a catatonic weakened Kylo Ren.

And hopefully, in Ep IX, this is when he will train her, even without the Force, and just guiding her based on what he has learned before. Maybe he even finds a way to connect to the Force through her and eventually regain his own powers.
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 1:13 am

Heh, I'm suddenly imagining a Revan scenario where Ben Solo doesn't remember anything about his time as Kylo Ren.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30455
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by DarthRen on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 1:16 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Heh, I'm suddenly imagining a Revan scenario where Ben Solo doesn't remember anything about his time as Kylo Ren.
@Darth Dingbat

Can you imagine awkward meeting with Leia, Luke, Finn, Chewie and Poe. Did I harm you in any way? And you? What about you?
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6150
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 1:33 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Heh, I'm suddenly imagining a Revan scenario where Ben Solo doesn't remember anything about his time as Kylo Ren.
@Darth Dingbat

Can you imagine awkward meeting with Leia, Luke, Finn, Chewie and Poe. Did I harm you in any way? And you? What about you?
@DarthRen

More like can you imagine how depressing it would be when he finds out he killed Han, and that Leia will probably die without meeting "Ben" ever again?
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by panki on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 1:34 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Heh, I'm suddenly imagining a Revan scenario where Ben Solo doesn't remember anything about his time as Kylo Ren.
@Darth Dingbat

Can you imagine awkward meeting with Leia, Luke, Finn, Chewie and Poe. Did I harm you in any way? And you? What about you?
@DarthRen

Finn and Poe: Us? Uh.... *long pause*
Dirty look from Leia.
Finn and Poe (enthusiastically): NO! NO! You were the epitome of good behavior! Razz
Luke and Chewie pretend to be interested in the porg.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12485
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by DarthRen on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 1:53 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Heh, I'm suddenly imagining a Revan scenario where Ben Solo doesn't remember anything about his time as Kylo Ren.
@Darth Dingbat

Can you imagine awkward meeting with Leia, Luke, Finn, Chewie and Poe. Did I harm you in any way? And you? What about you?
@DarthRen

More like can you imagine how depressing it would be when he finds out he killed Han, and that Leia will probably die without meeting "Ben" ever again?
@Rei of Sunshine

I tried to surpress these thoughts, too depressive for me. Like i'd need a tissue to even read this, not to mention to watch it.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6150
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Casper on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:12 am

@panki wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Moonlight13

Okay, I'm just gonna say it:

Holdo reminds me of Snoke, and visa versa.  

Probably means nothing.  Feel free to ignore.
@Casper

You are not the only one feeling this way....join the club. Smile I'm actually working on a meta for tumblr on Holdo which is kind of on these lines....well, maybe not force user per se but having an insidious personality.
@panki

Oh, cool. Be sure to post a link to it when you do. I'd like to read it.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 77
Likes : 274
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 3:03 am

I’m not sure I want to see Kylo as a poor victim in the end of TLJ. I would rather see him finally get his s*** together and show Snoke his middle finger Evil Rogue Kylo scenario is still my favourite.
I also think that in the end of the Saga, he might decide not to use the force anymore as a self imposed penalty for his crimes.
avatar
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 193
Likes : 841
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by panki on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 3:39 am

@Darth_marshmallow wrote:I’m not sure I want to see Kylo as a poor victim in the end of TLJ. I would rather see him finally get his s*** together and show Snoke his middle finger Evil Rogue Kylo scenario is still my favourite.
I also think that in the end of the Saga, he might decide not to use the force anymore as a self imposed penalty for his crimes.
@Darth_marshmallow

I don't even mind if he just chooses not to use the force anymore because we learn he joined the jedi business in the first place to please his Mum and Uncle, is finally is free of it and prefers to become a racer or a scoundrel like his Dad.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12485
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 3:46 am

@panki wrote:
@Darth_marshmallow wrote:I’m not sure I want to see Kylo as a poor victim in the end of TLJ. I would rather see him finally get his s*** together and show Snoke his middle finger Evil Rogue Kylo scenario is still my favourite.
I also think that in the end of the Saga, he might decide not to use the force anymore as a self imposed penalty for his crimes.
@Darth_marshmallow

I don't even mind if he just chooses not to use the force anymore because we learn he joined the jedi business in the first place to please his Mum and Uncle, is finally is free of it and prefers to become a racer or a scoundrel like his Dad.
@panki

Yes, this is how I see it Smile
avatar
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 193
Likes : 841
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 3:49 am

@Darth_marshmallow wrote:I’m not sure I want to see Kylo as a poor victim in the end of TLJ. I would rather see him finally get his s*** together and show Snoke his middle finger Evil Rogue Kylo scenario is still my favourite.
I also think that in the end of the Saga, he might decide not to use the force anymore as a self imposed penalty for his crimes.
@Darth_marshmallow

I definitely favor Rogue Kylo myself and am not particularly interested in seeing him suffer because I think we are going to see that he has suffered a lot.  At the same time, I think a scenario like @Rei of Sunshine is describing could work very well, because though he will have a problem, the Rogue Reylo will be very nicely set up for IX.

I mean think about why he might lose his force.  Maybe he loses his force abilities because he chooses to, because he is willing to give up his life and/or strength so Rey can be healthy and strong.  Snoke looks like he's a mean and powerful SOB, so it may take some extraordinary measures to get out from under him.

A sacrifice like that would be *huge* in Rey's eyes, in the eyes of his mother/Luke/Resistance (if they know) and will really throw Snoke off.  It would also be a huge deal for the audience and would seriously make him the absolute ReverseAnakin, because he would be willing to give up everything of himself to save her.  Also, now that Rey will know more about him and will have a better handle of what this kind of force power feels like, an act like this would impress her greatly and make her loyal to him for life ... and if she was hesitant about having feelings for him during VIII, all that hesitation will go away entirely.

Also, if she were to escape with him to Battu, because she doesn't trust anyone to treat him right at that point, it doesn't mean that he will be a complete mess for long.  He could actually live very much like Han Solo lived.  Extremely talented but not crazy force sensitive.  Also, like Rei said, he could very easily teach Rey lots of things.

But most importantly, under this kind of scenario he would never be without his power forever.  His power would come back, and it will probably come back stronger than before ... because while living in this more normal and more vulnerable existence, he actually might be able to mentally come into his own because he might be cut off from force energies that would mess with him, and therefore, can just concentrate on figuring out who he is.  And once he does that, the force will just come back to him, without his asking.  There could even be a version of one of my favorite headcanon options, which is when the Skywalker saber flies into his hand, because he is straightened out, and because he is ready to handle it and the power he has been given.

I think Kylo is going to have to deal with some "dark night of the soul" somewhere.  Now maybe the whole of TLJ will be an exercise in that for him.  But this sacrificial and temporary humbling that Rei is suggesting could do that too.  Another option would be if he does go catatonic that he has some kind of Gandalf fight against the balrog or Harry fighting off Voldemort's possession on another plane while unconscious, and once he gets through that, he can wake up again a lot stronger than before.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4641
Likes : 22445
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 4:30 am

@panki @SoloSideCousin

Yeah, I would like to see him being strong in the force more than ever but not using it, choosing humble life.
My headcanon is that he lives as a simple man on some godforesaken planet, helping people. He lets Rey choose her own path and hopefully she follows her heart.
avatar
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 193
Likes : 841
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by panki on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 5:36 am

There is an EU story about a jedi master from a famous lineage being influenced from childhood by a crazy, maimed force using predator who is a family friend but was secretly in love with the boy's mother. He influences him into turning dark and killing all the students of the jedi order....he finally gets redeemed by helping to kill the villain, choosing to embrace the ways of both his parents, finds acceptance with a new group and teaches the ways of the jedi...of course this character is blind which I definitely don't want for Kylo ...but if Kylo gets an ending sans blindness and with Rey beside him, I'll be perfectly happy.

These are the last couple of panels:




panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3345
Likes : 12485
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: EW TLJ Covers: Raw Powah Couple Edition

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 5:33 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:Snoke using Kylo as a sort of battery pack to restore his own health and beauty has been a long time headcanon for a lot of people here. I would really like it to be true as well.

It's such a classic villain thing, and recent comparisons  are Mother Gothel using Rapunzel as her magic flower, and even Voldemort using Harry's blood as part of the potion to restore him. Although I would much prefer Snoke to resemble Voldy's situation with the Bone of the Father(Tom Riddle Sr.), Flesh of the Servant (Wormtail) and Blood of the Enemy (Harry) thing, because for one thing, it doesn't incapacitates Harry at all, but it makes Voldemort powerful and bypasses the only weakness he had from Harry.

I hope whatever Snoke has planned, would not reduce Kylo into a half-life skeletal zombie. Maybe his powers get diminished and he becomes catatonic for a while, or a bit hopeless because he no longer has a powerful Force connection (Like Charles X in Days of Future Past). But still human and alive. It would go well with what Adam meant "if you could call it a life" Because all his life Ben knew the Force, imagine having to live without it all of a sudden. He's basically blind, deaf, mute, and unfeeling without the Force.

This strengthens my headcanon that Rey and Kylo go off into the Galaxy's Edge (Batuu) in the end of TLJ, where Rey will begrudgingly look after a catatonic weakened Kylo Ren.

And hopefully, in Ep IX, this is when he will train her, even without the Force, and just guiding her based on what he has learned before. Maybe he even finds a way to connect to the Force through her and eventually regain his own powers.
@Rei of Sunshine

That's an interesting idea. Kylo deprived of his powers and training Rey. Yeah, I think that kind of scenario could work very well. My only doubt about this is how Luke would fit in that kind of scenario scratch For me, it's really hard to imagine a scenario where Luke, Kylo and Rey would all end up by the same side. Luke going to the DS would make him the centerpiece of the story. And Luke dying would be IMO too reminiscent of Han dying in TFA. How do you see it?
avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5483
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum