The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:22 pm

Since this information is already here and not a spoiler, I'll post this here too.

This Tumblr user's theory about the wound we've seen on Rey's arm in other things sounds totally plausible!
Omg, what if that wound on [Rey's] shoulder is because she slashed herself with Kylo's cross guard by accident since she's not used to it!
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2599
Likes : 17639
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:33 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Since this information is already here and not a spoiler, I'll post this here too.

This Tumblr user's theory about the wound we've seen on Rey's arm in other things sounds totally plausible!
Omg, what if that wound on [Rey's] shoulder is because she slashed herself with Kylo's cross guard by accident since she's not used to it!
@ZioRen

INTERESTING!

Yeah, even Adam forgets to keep it out of the way as seen on his training BTS. Now all I want is a scene with Rey gasping in shock after injuring herself and Kylo throws her a concerned glance, or he dotes on her wound afterwards.

too fanficy I know...
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by ZioRen on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 10:37 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Since this information is already here and not a spoiler, I'll post this here too.

This Tumblr user's theory about the wound we've seen on Rey's arm in other things sounds totally plausible!
Omg, what if that wound on [Rey's] shoulder is because she slashed herself with Kylo's cross guard by accident since she's not used to it!
@ZioRen

INTERESTING!

Yeah, even Adam forgets to keep it out of the way as seen on his training BTS. Now all I want is a scene with Rey gasping in shock after injuring herself and Kylo throws her a concerned glance, or he dotes on her wound afterwards.

too fanficy I know...
@Rei of Sunshine

I love the idea of this mostly because I adore that they're actually utilizing the side blades of Kylo's lightsaber in the canon. Before TFA, a lot of people were complaining because they thought it would be some lame 'rule of cool' saber. But they've had its design go to legitimate use, like when Kylo burned Finn's shoulder with one of them. Having Rey accidentally hurt herself is drawing more attention to the difficulty in handling that particular lightsaber.

I'd bet that Kylo's saber design began as "what would look cool?" but I love that they've taken it and made it echo Kylo's character and have a purpose in the narrative.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2599
Likes : 17639
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 2:33 am

@Atenais wrote:I can't believe, just one week and we will have some all answers. I try not to look in the spoiler thread, but I keep going there and reading, not reading, too afraid to know everything, but to anxious to know nothing. These last days feel like a rollercoaster. May the force be with us.
@Atenais

You should have been here in May. Nowadays seem like an easy and happy walk comparing to that. What a Face
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4457
Likes : 22090
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by colibri on Fri 08 Dec 2017, 6:36 am

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@colibri I agree with you, but there's a huge chunk of me that's terrified, and I mean terrified, that I'm seeing it all the wrong way....
@PalmettoBlue

I understand. I have those moments, too. But look how much we guessed right.
I had never been engaged in fandom before I came here (very late compared to most of you here; in September). So I sat there, alone, and basically debated reylo / anti reylo with myself. Laughing
I actually knew I had seen something in TFA. On the other hand, I seriously wondered whether I was, well, disgusting and just imagining things.
So I sat back and thought of different scenarios and how the trilogy might play out. What would (have to) happen if "my" theory (I didn't know people had already come up with the name "reylo") was right, and what would happen if not? I watched the film again with that in mind and came to the conclusion that reylo made sense after all.
It was only then that I decided to look around for it on the internet and saw that many people had had the same train of thought as I did. So many had come up separately with the same conclusions for reylo.
I think that this is an important aspect. Many others first watch these "theory videos" on youtube and choose to believe in whatever they like best after that.
Most of these theories still need things to be "revealed" for working out while reylo already works with TFA alone. The foundation is in there.
It's good that we sometimes have doubts because it means we reconsider things and look for evidence without sticking doggedly to our point of view.

However, like stated before, you don't have to be a shipper to understand what these trailers are pointing at.
My younger sister came home from school yesterday, telling me how her friend, who has never watched a single SW film, asked her whether "the two people are in love with each other" when they had watched the official trailer together.

So.. while I also have these moments of self-doubt, all of the above is what's making me confident in the end.

And if we are wrong after all, well, then there is still fanfiction Smile
avatar
colibri
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 37
Likes : 178
Date d'inscription : 2017-09-27
Localisation : Cologne, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:07 am

New shot of Finn and Rose <3



From this little worlds featurette.
avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8578
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:09 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:New shot of Finn and Rose <3



From this little worlds featurette.
@MyOnlyHope
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35036
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Irina de France on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

So... Rose is more into Finn than he is into her? Suuuuuure.

Seriously, they look like they're about to have an intimate moment.
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1938
Likes : 9530
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 23
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:22 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@MyOnlyHope wrote:New shot of Finn and Rose <3



From this little worlds featurette.
@MyOnlyHope
@FrolickingFizzgig

Beautiful shot! Seems like they are on some kind of balcony. That makes me think of this:

avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5483
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:23 am

@Irina de France wrote:So... Rose is more into Finn than he is into her? Suuuuuure.

Seriously, they look like they're about to have an intimate moment.
@Irina de France
Looks like they just had one. A deep conversation of some kind. I believe they're on a porch of balcony overlooking the nighttime lights of Canto Bight in their grubby Resistance clothes and sharing something. You can see that things are really slowing down for the two of them. They're on this mission together and have had some contentious interactions, but now they're starting to feel each other a bit more.

These two are going to challenge each other, and that's fantastic.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35036
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by SkyStar on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:28 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:New shot of Finn and Rose <3



From this little worlds featurette.
@MyOnlyHope

Rose is so pretty! Not the same, but from the Han Solo comic:
avatar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1333
Likes : 6136
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Atenais on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 1:30 pm

@colibri wrote:
@PalmettoBlue wrote:@colibri I agree with you, but there's a huge chunk of me that's terrified, and I mean terrified, that I'm seeing it all the wrong way....
@PalmettoBlue

I understand. I have those moments, too. But look how much we guessed right.
I had never been engaged in fandom before I came here (very late compared to most of you here; in September). So I sat there, alone, and basically debated reylo / anti reylo with myself. Laughing
I actually knew I had seen something in TFA. On the other hand, I seriously wondered whether I was, well, disgusting and just imagining things.
So I sat back and thought of different scenarios and how the trilogy might play out. What would (have to) happen if "my" theory (I didn't know people had already come up with the name "reylo") was right, and what would happen if not? I watched the film again with that in mind and came to the conclusion that reylo made sense after all.
It was only then that I decided to look around for it on the internet and saw that many people had had the same train of thought as I did. So many had come up separately with the same conclusions for reylo.
I think that this is an important aspect. Many others first watch these "theory videos" on youtube and choose to believe in whatever they like best after that.
Most of these theories still need things to be "revealed" for working out while reylo already works with TFA alone. The foundation is in there.
It's good that we sometimes have doubts because it means we reconsider things and look for evidence without sticking doggedly to our point of view.

However, like stated before, you don't have to be a shipper to understand what these trailers are pointing at.
My younger sister came home from school yesterday, telling me how her friend, who has never watched a single SW film, asked her whether "the two people are in love with each other" when they had watched the official trailer together.

So.. while I also have these moments of self-doubt, all of the above is what's making me confident in the end.

And if we are wrong after all, well, then there is still fanfiction Smile
@colibri

I believe all of us feel the same way, at least a little. We know what we saw in TFA, but we don't know if they will change something, because reasons. I understand that I'm not invested in Reylo as some people here. To be honest, I'm ready to enjoy a good story. But I will fell disappointed if it is proved that I was wrong.
avatar
Atenais
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 348
Likes : 1597
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by PalmettoBlue on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:32 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:New shot of Finn and Rose <3



From this little worlds featurette.
@MyOnlyHope

Did y'all see? There's another planet in that featurette! I wonder if it's Cantonica or a planet we haven't yet seen!


Last edited by PalmettoBlue on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 636
Likes : 2677
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:51 pm

@PalmettoBlue It's Cantonica!
avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8578
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by PalmettoBlue on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

@MyOnlyHope Thanks! I thought of that planet as being more green, but that's what head canons are for - to be tossed aside when necessary! Smile
avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 636
Likes : 2677
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Darth Dementor on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 5:33 pm

@Saracene wrote:I admit, I'll roll my eyes if we get more of, Rey can get herself out of any scrap and needs no help from no one. Doesn't have to be Kylo who saves her, just please can we have Rey in a truly hopeless situation she can't fix. And I don't mean someone helping her along once she gets the ball rolling, I mean like Luke at the end of ESB.
@Saracene

It probably will be that; the trailer playing a switcheroo.   Rey is already looked at as a "Mary Sue" so my guess is she is shown kicking tail and taking names like the last time so the audience will have the rug pulled from underneath them.  Not to mention I feel the scene will be an inversion of the Star Killer Base duel.  Logically for Rey to develop she will have to face a circumstance she can't pull herself out of; most likely it will be Kylo who does the pulling.   Plus it shows that he will help her as much as she helps him, showing how equal their relationship is.

The best part is in less than a week we won't have to speculate! Well know for sure this Fri (and for some a tad earlier).

_________________
avatar
Darth Dementor
Moderator

Messages : 1188
Likes : 5204
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by vaderito on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 5:39 pm

Finn and Rose are definitely getting much stronger and deeper scenes than Rey and Finn in TFA. That's from spoilers that won't be quoted here but yes, you'll see the difference. However, I have a feeling that the movie will leave too many options open at the end cause they'll get parentage out of the way. So romance will become the primary focus of fandom anxiety.

I can't stop watching Adam in action gif and can see why his co-stars rave his action scenes - when a tall man does it it's striking. You don't see it every day (his stuntmen/sparring partners are noticeably shorter as is often the case with martial artists).
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10179
Likes : 49077
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 6:58 pm

@vaderito wrote:
I can't stop watching Adam in action gif and can see why his co-stars rave his action scenes - when a tall man does it it's striking. You don't see it every day (his stuntmen/sparring partners are noticeably shorter as is often the case with martial artists).
@vaderito

Weird confession time:

I have a height ruler by my door frame (remnants of childhood), and it's only up to 6ft. I drew 3 inches more above it and marked that as Adam's real life height. Then I marked my own at 5'1. Then I'd just fantasize that if I get to hug Adam, I'd get a face full of his muscular chest.

*runs away*
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by naberrie93 on Sat 09 Dec 2017, 11:35 pm

I don't post much on this site, I'm mostly a lurker and just wanted to say that you guys are always a reliable source to everything, congratulations I love you
I'm getting really excited cause the day on revindication of all reylo theories is near and I always thought that the relationship between Rey and Kylo would be one that could carry on this trilogy. I'm mostly concerned about the destiny of Skywalker clan and I hope for a major development of Kylo/Ben character... I feel that the Last Jedi is going to be an angst fest. lol


naberrie93
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 14
Likes : 77
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:04 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
I can't stop watching Adam in action gif and can see why his co-stars rave his action scenes - when a tall man does it it's striking. You don't see it every day (his stuntmen/sparring partners are noticeably shorter as is often the case with martial artists).
@vaderito

Weird confession time:

I have a height ruler by my door frame (remnants of childhood), and it's only up to 6ft. I drew 3 inches more above it and marked that as Adam's real life height. Then I marked my own at 5'1. Then I'd just fantasize that if I get to hug Adam, I'd get a face full of his muscular chest.

*runs away*
@Rei of Sunshine

I'm somewhere between 5'1" and 5'2". When I was in my early 20's, I dated a guy who was 6'3". I'd stand on the curb and he'd stand in the street when we'd kiss.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5683
Likes : 29489
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8578
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:23 am

@naberrie93 wrote:I don't post much on this site, I'm mostly a lurker and just wanted to say that you guys are always a reliable source to everything, congratulations I love you
I'm getting really excited cause the day on revindication of all reylo theories is near and I always thought that the relationship between Rey and Kylo would be one that could carry on this trilogy. I'm mostly concerned about the destiny of Skywalker clan and I hope for a major development of Kylo/Ben character... I feel that the Last Jedi is going to be an angst fest. lol

@naberrie93

hello, there!
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2769
Likes : 12286
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 32
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:42 am

Home release trailer

avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1968
Likes : 9740
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by adamdrivershair on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 12:41 pm

Can you imagine the meltdown that trailer would have caused if it came out before the movie? Especially Luke facing off with Kylo. Laughing
avatar
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 233
Likes : 1160
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by IoJovi on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 1:22 pm

@adamdrivershair wrote:Can you imagine the meltdown that trailer would have caused if it came out before the movie? Especially Luke facing off with Kylo. Laughing
@adamdrivershair

Oh good lord and butter I do NOT even want to think about that. Thank the stars we got the trailer we did... I think I would have passed out from anxiety or something....
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7282
Likes : 41436
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum