The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MyOnlyHope on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 6:59 am

Here's a lightened version. That is a Praetorian guard without any doubt, so clearly a shot of the guard fight with Rey force pushing something or someone.


Definitely not the same as the hand scene (Kylo's not in the throne room), though it could all be part of the same burning ship crashing (into Crait?) sequence (same goes for Finn vs. Phasma). Kylo looks like he's outside at night in the aftermath some fiery battle.
avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8579
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:30 am

A question comes to mind, how will they escape a crashing Supremacy?  Escape pods? Millenium Falcon? Or they simply crash and somehow miraculously survive?

Assuming that the hand scene takes place on Supremacy and that Rey accepts it, will she be escaping with Kylo? What about Finn and Rose? Any thoughts?


Last edited by Darth_marshmallow on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 193
Likes : 841
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by PalmettoBlue on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:55 am

@ZioRen wrote:Oooh, what if taking down the Supremacy is used as an example of what Rey and Kylo's power can do together! Luke was right to be scared! Laughing
@ZioRen

This was what I thought. She’s doing something that’s causing major damage, and Kylo steps up. You think he’s going to stop her (maybe), but instead he joins her and they permanently compromise whatever ship they are on.
avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 644
Likes : 2704
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:03 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:Here's a lightened version. That is a Praetorian guard without any doubt, so clearly a shot of the guard fight with Rey force pushing something or someone.


Definitely not the same as the hand scene (Kylo's not in the throne room), though it could all be part of the same burning ship crashing (into Crait?) sequence (same goes for Finn vs. Phasma). Kylo looks like he's outside at night in the aftermath some fiery battle.
@MyOnlyHope

I thought Kylo WAS in the throne room with Rey. There’s that shot from EW where he’s standing behind her? If the hand’s not from a vision, I would bet that it does happen there because of the embers...
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1987
Likes : 9799
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:19 am

@Darth_marshmallow wrote:A question comes to mind, how will they escape a crashing Supremacy?  Escape pods? Millenium Falcon? Or they simply crash and somehow miraculously survive?

Assuming that the hand scene takes place on Supremacy and that Rey accepts it, will she be escaping with Kylo? What about Finn and Rose? Any thoughts?
@Darth_marshmallow

Maybea remake of that scene if Supremacy crashes?


Gosh! I supose that Kylo and rey will try to escape a la Obikin! I would love to have some rehash of that moment in particular!

I have always wished to see Anidala in that kind of situation Wink
avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5483
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 9:04 am

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Darth_marshmallow wrote:A question comes to mind, how will they escape a crashing Supremacy?  Escape pods? Millenium Falcon? Or they simply crash and somehow miraculously survive?

Assuming that the hand scene takes place on Supremacy and that Rey accepts it, will she be escaping with Kylo? What about Finn and Rose? Any thoughts?
@Darth_marshmallow

Maybea remake of that scene if Supremacy crashes?


Gosh! I supose that Kylo and rey will try to escape a la Obikin! I would love to have some rehash of that moment in particular!

I have always wished to see Anidala in that kind of situation Wink
@reylo1992

That would be very interesting Embarassed
avatar
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 193
Likes : 841
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MindAndMagic on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 9:30 am

I tend to think of it as one long sequence of events, the final act. I think it's more probable that it's all happening at once rather than the falling embers reappearing as a motif, it's a very specific setup. There is way too much we're missing, but based on the few images we have, I guess it goes roughly like this:

Rey and Kylo in the throne room. We don't know the context, how and why did they arrive there, but Rey's determined and confident expression makes me think it's a deliberate choice of hers. There is also a certain level of anticipation as if she is there to get answers.

At some point Snoke tortures her, it is then perhaps that his agenda is revealed. We have two identical devices on either side of Snoke's throne, which could be designed with Rey and Kylo in mind. My current hypothesis is that Kylo witnesses this and we experience the whole thing from his perspective, feeling his rising determination as he makes the choice to help Rey, echoing to some extent the scene where Vader helps Luke in ROTJ.

This most likely occurs sometime afterwards. We see age guard on the ground, which implies Rey and Kylo may have already fought them/are currently fighting them as a super powerful duo.  bounce This could be Rey trying to resists Snoke or her raw power acting out. In any case, it's a super intense moment.

This has always seemed like a climactic emotional moment to me. I see it happening in the aftermath, closer to the end. Narrative-wise, it makes sense that Rey's reply will be different this time, especially now that they've fight together and she's realised there's good in Ben. It just doesn't make sense for her to turn him down again. However, because it's still episode 8 and not 9, I've had this vague suspicion ever since Adam's on where Kylo ends up by the end ("it depends on your definition of living") that Kylo might end up in a bad place physically by the end, e.g. being incapacitated in some way, and Rey will want to help him as he helped her before that. She might be willing to take his hand, but something (Snoke) could interrupt them just before she does. We'll see what will happen. Of course, Adam could be referring to Kylo's mental state.

I presume the Finn/Phasma fight takes place around the same time/area. Perhaps the throne room is on Supremacy and it crashed on the planet at night so that's why it's dark outside. I don't know and I don't care about guessing the timeline correctly. What I do know is that act 3 is going to be awesome!


Last edited by MindAndMagic on Fri 24 Nov 2017, 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 485
Likes : 4970
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-22
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 9:43 am


@MindAndMagic

Adam talked about living in the movie, not surviving it. Kylo is a mess and hardly lives in the movies in the true sense.


@ZioRen

Crait is happening also after Supremacy an Rey is there with Finn[ her bruise and Finn's officers pants] and possibly others, not Kylo. No way Snoke would let both of them go.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6152
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MyOnlyHope on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:17 am

There are similar falling embers all over various different scenes. Finn vs Phasma, Phasma walking out into all that fire. All the embers in Snoke's throne do is lend credence to the theory that the guard fight and the Phasma duel take place on a heavily damaged, possibly on its way to Crait Supremacy.

avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8579
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Atenais on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

This scene with Rey gives us so much to think. I believe it happens just after Snoke tortures her and I believe Kylo is in the same room.

As someone else said before, that ember fire falling makes me think that maybe the hand scene happens in the same context...?


avatar
Atenais
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 355
Likes : 1615
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by MyOnlyHope on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:28 pm

Gotta say, I'm a big fan of the idea that Rey is actually the one who brings down the Supremacy in an outburst of uncontrollable raw power. Snoke is so interested in the raw power (and something "truly special," whatever that means). He wants her to fulfill her destiny. It's been suggested before that Snoke tortures Rey in order to compel her into releasing what's inside of her. Rey looks wild in that shot. It could create an incredibly powerful parallel with the temple destruction. I would love if Kylo were to be the one to help and calm her in a way that no one ever could for him...

If the hand scene is connected to this sequence, then it happens on Crait after the Supremacy crashes into the planet. I think it's pretty clear he's outside at night. Or maybe it's not connected at all and is part of a vision (foreshadowing for a later point in the film). I think there's too much fire in this movie to really come up with anything definitive based on a falling ember. Stuff like this is pretty much the reason I gave up on analyzing the timeline like two days after the trailer came out. It's a lot easier just to remain open minded and trust Rian's words.
avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8579
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:34 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:Gotta say, I'm a big fan of the idea that Rey is actually the one who brings down the Supremacy in an outburst of uncontrollable raw power. Snoke is so interested in the raw power (and something "truly special," whatever that means). He wants her to fulfill her destiny. It's been suggested before that Snoke tortures Rey in order to compel her into releasing what's inside of her. Rey looks wild in that shot. It could create an incredibly powerful parallel with the temple destruction. I would love if Kylo were to be the one to help and calm her in a way that no one ever could for him...

If the hand scene is connected to this sequence, then it happens on Crait after the Supremacy crashes into the planet. I think it's pretty clear he's outside at night. Or maybe it's not connected at all and is part of a vision (foreshadowing for a later point in the film). I think there's too much fire in this movie to really come up with anything definitive based on a falling ember. Stuff like this is pretty much the reason I gave up on analyzing the timeline like two days after the trailer came out. It's a lot easier just to remain open minded and trust Rian's words.
@MyOnlyHope

You are so right about the raw powah! We all think the "fulfill your destiny" is for Kylo, but that is not what the red and black Instagram ads indicate. For Kylo it is "let the past die," as he remembers his uber Kylo Ren self. For Rey it is "fulfill your destiny" as she turns more red.


Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4641
Likes : 22448
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:52 pm

Huh, so maybe something like the crash in the opening of the PT's finale with maybe a little of Doctor Who's Crash of the Byzantium

avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7890
Likes : 35854
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:59 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:If they want to get real intense with the raw power business, what if Rey is the one who sends the Supremacy down? Shocked
@ZioRen

You know what, I could actually see that happening.  If Kylo and her make it out of this movie in one piece, she would be on very equal footing with him if she caused that much destruction accidentally.
@SoloSideCousin

Yep! And just like all the scenes of Chewie blowing people away with his bowcaster in TFA were to set up how badly it hurts Kylo (and how strong he is for still being able to fight afterwards), the sheer size and impressiveness of the Supremacy could be partially to emphasize how insane the "raw power" is when that power alone takes it down!
@ZioRen

YES!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!
@SoloSideCousin

Agree with this idea cheers When one pay attention to this shot, that shows how scary that raw power is. Ben litterally reduces the "academy" and his fellow Jedi to ashes

Luke is surely lucky to be alive after what happened. Kylo and Rey are some SW version of Kali and Shiva. That is also very reminiscent of the Rainmaker's power of destruction
avatar
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1337
Likes : 5483
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:12 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
Kylo looks like he's outside at night in the aftermath some fiery battle.

Or in a cave with a giant drill.


Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 578
Likes : 2217
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

I have a head scenario and a heart ... outline, I guess ... the head one is right along these lines and each bit that comes out fits pretty well into it. I think it's the middle of the film, second act, or so.

This is my head scenario, based on what we have:

Throne room, Rey torture, Kylo response, they fight the guards. Snoke dies or flees.  
Kylo helps Rey and Finn off the ship, but stays. Supremacy goes down. Kylo lives. Rises to the head of the first order.
Battle of Crait. Eventually, First Order turns tide. Kylo into the cavern with the drill. At some point Rey and Kylo meet again and separate.
FO closes the trap. Resistance leadership escapes on MF with Rey aboard. They burst out of the mine.
Super shippy telepathic callback to ESB to end the movie.
Episode IX starts with mother vs. son, with girlfriend/surrogate daughter in the middle. Or did start that way.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 578
Likes : 2217
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 7:32 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
I thought Kylo WAS in the throne room with Rey. There’s that shot from EW where he’s standing behind her? If the hand’s not from a vision, I would bet that it does happen there because of the embers...

Why wouldn't he be in the throne room fighting the guards? We saw what appeared to be the practice in the BTS reel. We've been theorizing a Reylo teamup against the guards for months.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 578
Likes : 2217
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Kessel on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:24 pm

Count me in as loving the idea that Rey's raw power is what leads to some kind of destruction of the Supremacy. However, aren't Finn and Rose supposedly there undercover to damage/blow it up? I don't know if that's been said or if I just assumed it... I think that actually sounds rather dull and too much like Han and Finn's mission at SKB, but what other reason would Finn and Rose be there? I guess it still doesn't mean Rey doesn't have a show of raw power.

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
avatar
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1879
Likes : 13272
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Kessel on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:26 pm

@Kylo Men wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
I thought Kylo WAS in the throne room with Rey. There’s that shot from EW where he’s standing behind her? If the hand’s not from a vision, I would bet that it does happen there because of the embers...

Why wouldn't he be in the throne room fighting the guards? We saw what appeared to be the practice in the BTS reel. We've been theorizing a Reylo teamup against the guards for months.
@Kylo Men

Yeah, Kylo is obviously there when things go down. It's becoming pretty reasonable to assume Rey (and Kylo) fight the Praetorians, but what becomes of Snoke? scratch

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
avatar
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1879
Likes : 13272
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:37 pm

@Kessel wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
I thought Kylo WAS in the throne room with Rey. There’s that shot from EW where he’s standing behind her? If the hand’s not from a vision, I would bet that it does happen there because of the embers...

Why wouldn't he be in the throne room fighting the guards? We saw what appeared to be the practice in the BTS reel. We've been theorizing a Reylo teamup against the guards for months.
@Kylo Men

Yeah, Kylo is obviously there when things go down. It's becoming pretty reasonable to assume Rey (and Kylo) fight the Praetorians, but what becomes of Snoke? scratch
@Kessel

Snoke either escapes or....Snoke is defeated, but there's a Bigger Bad out there still.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5684
Likes : 29497
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by DarthRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:45 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
I thought Kylo WAS in the throne room with Rey. There’s that shot from EW where he’s standing behind her? If the hand’s not from a vision, I would bet that it does happen there because of the embers...

Why wouldn't he be in the throne room fighting the guards? We saw what appeared to be the practice in the BTS reel. We've been theorizing a Reylo teamup against the guards for months.
@Kylo Men

Yeah, Kylo is obviously there when things go down. It's becoming pretty reasonable to assume Rey (and Kylo) fight the Praetorians, but what becomes of Snoke? scratch
@Kessel

Snoke either escapes or....Snoke is defeated, but there's a Bigger Bad out there still.
@ISeeAnIsland

Or Snoke wins or at least stands his ground.
avatar
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2071
Likes : 6152
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 29
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by ZioRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:49 pm

I think Snoke has a way out because he intended to tap into this power in Rey, knowing what it could do. I think that's why he's "torturing" her in the first place.

I keep envisioning the last scene of him interacting with Rey being some creepy smile, because he has some ominous plan in mind regarding her/Kylo.

But all this is just my gut feeling at this point.


Last edited by ZioRen on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2609
Likes : 17698
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:51 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I think Snoke has a way out because he intended to tap into this power in Rey all along. I think that's why he's "torturing" her in the first place.
@ZioRen

Yeah, I think that there may be some vampire thing there. Maybe not full monty vampire, but I could see him being a parasite on Kylo and now Rey to keep himself going.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4641
Likes : 22448
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 6:17 am



avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35036
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 24
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s):

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 9:03 am

Here's a partial clip of a new teaser. Chewie impatient with a Porg:

https://twitter.com/FaithNoMoar/status/933709890358599680

I'm sure the whole thing will be posted soon enough!
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4554
Likes : 30455
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum