Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by rawpowah on Tue 12 Dec - 12:37

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Blackcanary wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:Okay folks, to summarize...

So what we have hard confirmed so far is Shirtless!Kylo and him asking her to join him in ruling the galaxy together as Renperor and ReyEmpress. What we have reliably but not 100% confirmed is mutual romantic feelings between Reylo.

We have an oblique tweet from Mark Hamill indicating a kiss and imdb mentioning some kissing but no mention of who, and reviewers talking about romance - so could refer to Finn and Rose.

Did I miss anything?

We're getting closer...
@MeadowofAshes

The kiss is Finnrose, according to leakers.
@Blackcanary

Okay. I am preparing myself for no Reylo kiss yet. I won't be disappointed in Rian at all, but I will be disappointed in mah boy Kylo for not doing what Kylo does and following the Nike slogan.

I do find it odd there's a kiss between FinnRose when they just met this movie, but no Reylo kiss when they've been eye screwing each other since TFA though.
@MeadowofAshes

FinnRose have less obstacles to overcome, as opposed to Reylo. FinnRose will probably be the cute comic relief couple to balance (heh) the angsty and dramatic Reylo.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by ThereThere on Tue 12 Dec - 14:34

@rawpowah wrote:
FinnRose have less obstacles to overcome, as opposed to Reylo. FinnRose will probably be the cute comic relief couple to balance (heh) the angsty and dramatic Reylo.
@rawpowah

I think this is falling pretty smoothly into the Alpha Couple/Beta Couple dynamic outlined by TV Tropes. The Beta Couple is created in contrast to the main couple, often having a much easier and smoother path and a lighter dynamic--deliberately, to highlight the differences between the couples. Like...Ted/Robin were the alpha couple on How I Met Your Mother (star-crossed, angsty) and Marshall/Lily were the committed, stable Beta Couple.

FinnRose are adorable a great contrast to the ANGST that is Reylo.
ThereThere
ThereThere
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Dec - 14:41

A Guardian magazine is in. And look what's to be find in the opening sentence?

An old hope. A new realism. An old anxiety. A new feeling that the Force might be used to channel erotic telepathy, and long-distance evil seduction

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-episode-viii-rian-johnson
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 12 Dec - 14:47

@Darth_Awakened wrote:A Guardian magazine is in. And look what's to be find in the opening sentence?

An old hope. A new realism. An old anxiety. A new feeling that the Force might be used to channel erotic telepathy, and long-distance evil seduction

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-episode-viii-rian-johnson
@Darth_Awakened

"Which brings us to Kylo Ren himself, superbly played by Adam Driver. He is now a wounded, damaged figure and he insinuates himself like a sensually predatory Satan into our consciousness in a series of dreamlike cross-cutting dialogue sequences that are the most successful part of the film."

MILTON. ADAM AND EVE. THE SNAKE. LUCIFER. @vaderito @SoloSideCousin

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Tue 12 Dec - 14:52; edited 1 time in total
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Dec - 14:51

@Darth_Awakened wrote:A Guardian magazine is in. And look what's to be find in the opening sentence?

@Darth_Awakened

My ovaries just exploded.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Tue 12 Dec - 14:53

Clearly the point of this film is to forever drive the point home to the audience that we are supposed to find Kylo Ren/Ben sexy.
Like holy crap. Just wow.

Rian, you've outdone yourself darling.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Dec - 14:55

@Krafty wrote:Clearly the point of this film is to forever drive the point home to the audience that we are supposed to find Kylo Ren/Ben sexy.
Like holy crap. Just wow.

Rian, you've outdone yourself darling.
@Krafty

And Kathleen! We applaud her choices with Adam and Rian too!

KK on set of Lincoln: "hey, who's that cutie over there? With the hair and the eyes? "
Crew member: "oh that's Adam Driver, ma'am"
KK: "I like him. Book him for the next movie I'm producing."

This is what happens when women take over. Twisted Evil

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Dec - 15:05; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 14:55

@MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

"Which brings us to Kylo Ren himself, superbly played by Adam Driver. He is now a wounded, damaged figure and he insinuates himself like a sensually predatory Satan into our consciousness in a series of dreamlike cross-cutting dialogue sequences that are the most successful part of the film."

@MeadowofAshes

I wish! cause based on everything I read, TLJ is much less mythological than I thought based on marketing. RAWPOWAH is not explained and apparently adds up to nothing. I have to see the movie itself cause I bet actors convey lot more, but yeah, I'm surprised how low it was on those elements. No mention of the Prime Jedi either.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Tue 12 Dec - 15:02

I cant believe erotic telepathy is a thing. Like, I'm shocked. I'm stoked! But socked in a good way.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec - 15:07

@vaderito wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@MeadowofAshes

I wish! cause based on everything I read, TLJ is much less mythological than I thought based on marketing. RAWPOWAH is not explained and apparently adds up to nothing. I have to see the movie itself cause I bet actors convey lot more, but yeah, I'm surprised how low it was on those elements. No mention of the Prime Jedi either.

@vaderito
The Prime Jedi is a symbol of Luke's fate, IMO. Meditating in perfect balance.

Or it'll be brought back in IX.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 15:12

I'm scared. I'm waiting for Nonesuch word on Kylo's last scenes cause that crappy subtitle leak is so ugh. Just shows how much it means to see the whole thing not just partial.

reviews are raving Rey and Kylo dynamic from what I could see.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Tue 12 Dec - 15:20

@Darth_Awakened

erotic telepathy, and long-distance evil seduction

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

NO WORDS
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 12 Dec - 16:02

@lauvamp wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

NO WORDS
@lauvamp

It's every Reylo fanfiction come to life. My lord.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 12 Dec - 16:03

Erotic telepathy: Canon
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Tue 12 Dec - 16:16

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@lauvamp wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

NO WORDS
@lauvamp

It's every Reylo fanfiction come to life. My lord.
@MeadowofAshes

I thought the same! 

Seriously, still can't believe it. I had to read that several times, the Satan part included! lol The leaks are real, I'm in SHOCK.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Tue 12 Dec - 20:18

Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming lmao. Is this real life?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 12 Dec - 22:57

@rawpowah wrote:Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming lmao. Is this real life?
@rawpowah

Yeah, even someone like me who felt confident of romantic reylo on some level is still blown away by... all this. I don't think I was ready for so much at once. Laughing
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Wed 13 Dec - 8:53

So at this point, can we confirm Reylomance + Rey Random

I can't check Reddit or Tumblr, even fan arts are too dangerous!!! affraid
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 13 Dec - 8:55

@lauvamp wrote:So at this point, can we confirm Reylomance + Rey Random

@lauvamp

Yes.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 13 Dec - 8:56

@lauvamp wrote:So at this point, can we confirm Reylomance + Rey Random

@lauvamp

Yes- WE CAN! cheers cheers cheers
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 13 Dec - 11:23

Ok, so Reylo is canon and so is Renperor. Where do they go from there?

I don't want to be that guy but SW is the Skywalker Saga to me and always will be. I don't care about OT era-based spin-offs and new characters outside of Rey and Kylo didn't convince me that I want to spend more time with them in the same movie with Reylo let alone in spin-offs. So if IX is indeed the end of the Skywalkers, I'm gonna give Rian's trilogy a chance but that's it for me. I don't care for OT Character #23657 spin off or Poe Spin off or Finn spin off or BroomBoi spin-off, etc. In short, I'm bracing that this is the end for Skywalkers.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 13 Dec - 11:52

@vaderito wrote:Ok, so Reylo is canon and so is Renperor. Where do they go from there?

I don't want to be that guy but SW is the Skywalker Saga to me and always will be. I don't care about OT era-based spin-offs and new characters outside of Rey and Kylo didn't convince me that I want to spend more time with them in the same movie with Reylo let alone in spin-offs. So if IX is indeed the end of the Skywalkers, I'm gonna give Rian's trilogy a chance but that's it for me. I don't care for OT Character #23657 spin off or Poe Spin off or Finn spin off or BroomBoi spin-off, etc. In short, I'm bracing that this is the end for Skywalkers.
@vaderito

Since Rey and Kylo seem to be gaining even more popularity, I wonder if it really will be the end of the Skywalkers? It doesn't bode well for Kylo if it is the end...and I really hope they don't kill him off. But everything points to a redemption so I am hopeful. They do seem intent on killing off the original three- first Han, now Luke (tho I think Luke will show up again), and I wonder what happens with Leia now? Will Disney really walk away from anything skywalker if this trilogy ends up being so lucrative?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Wed 13 Dec - 12:24

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Ok, so Reylo is canon and so is Renperor. Where do they go from there?

@vaderito

Since Rey and Kylo seem to be gaining even more popularity, I wonder if it really will be the end of the Skywalkers? It doesn't bode well for Kylo if it is the end...and I really hope they don't kill him off. But everything points to a redemption so I am hopeful. They do seem intent on killing off the original three- first Han, now Luke (tho I think Luke will show up again), and I wonder what happens with Leia now?  Will Disney really walk away from anything skywalker if this trilogy ends up being so lucrative?
@ReyofLightSide

Honestly I think killing Kylo now that he's the only Skywalker left would be very depressing and bleak which is very unlike SW.I mean Disney really buy SW just so they can do a repeat of Jacen Solo?And what about Leia and Rey? Are they really going to kill off every person Leia's ever loved after she lost so much especially now when this will probably be her last appearance? What about Rey our heroine how would Kylo dying be played as anything remotely happy for her after she looses most of the people she has come to view as her family when all she's ever wanted was to find a belonging which has been implied to be Ben Solo?It just goes against everything that is SW and frankly I would be angry on behalf of not only Kylo but also Rey and Leia as characters if they went that route.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 13 Dec - 12:27

@vaderito

Concur. I'll give it a chance, but a non-Skywalker story in a saga specifically about Skywalkers does not appeal to me.

However, I do want to trust the foreshadowing in TFA and TLJ and assume Ben and Rey will find the belonging the y seek in each other. I don't think Renperor will be a permanent fixture, just a (hot Twisted Evil ) temporary way to raise the stakes for Reylo and Redemption.

And hey, if Disney had the nads to go Reylo + Renperor, maybe they won't shy away from pregnancy.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 13 Dec - 12:30

@MeadowofAshes wrote:

@vaderito

Concur. I'll give it a chance, but a non-Skywalker story in a saga specifically about Skywalkers does not appeal to me.

However, I do want to trust the foreshadowing in TFA and TLJ and assume Ben and Rey will find the belonging the y seek in each other. I don't think Renperor will be a permanent fixture, just a (hot Twisted Evil ) temporary way to raise the stakes for Reylo and Redemption.

And hey, if Disney had the nads to go Reylo + Renperor, maybe they won't shy away from pregnancy.
@MeadowofAshes

Yes I think Kylo will find out it doesn't make him happy and will in fact make him even more alone.
I think JJ "Godfather of Reylo" Adams will bring this story on home to a good ending.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum