Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:04 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Well, now that Kylo is the last Skywalker, the saber is indeed him and represents him. they may call it rey's saber in marketing but meaning is totally different in the wake of TLJ. broken saber = Kylo and Ben or Rey and Ben relationship.

BTW, watching their last scene on a loop, that's classic romance stuff. Denialists are gonna hate IX when these 2 reunite.
@vaderito

Did you see the Pixelrey version set to "Baby Come Back" on Tumblr? I don't have the link, but OMG, I think the music is actually more effective that JW's music, lol. It's a fantastic edit that allowed at least me to see both of their reactions much better.
@SoloSideCousin
That edit is so accurate.  Laughing  Laughing

One shot I haven't seen much talk about is the gorgeous final one where the camera zooms out to show Kylo kneeling submissively after Rey shuts him out and looking down in what I can only read as a position of utter shame, even if he doesn't realize it yet. He's in the shadows with the light beaming through the window all around him. Just beautiful.
@MyOnlyHope

Oh yeah, the "penitent before the light of God" pose is completely awesome. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by lauvamp on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:06 pm

@Kessel wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Well, now that Kylo is the last Skywalker, the saber is indeed him and represents him. they may call it rey's saber in marketing but meaning is totally different in the wake of TLJ. broken saber = Kylo and Ben or Rey and Ben relationship.

BTW, watching their last scene on a loop, that's classic romance stuff. Denialists are gonna hate IX when these 2 reunite.
@vaderito

Did you see the Pixelrey version set to "Baby Come Back" on Tumblr? I don't have the link, but OMG, I think the music is actually more effective that JW's music, lol. It's a fantastic edit that allowed at least me to see both of their reactions much better.
@SoloSideCousin

Lol, yes! It's the best. I watched it at least a dozen times today.

I also don't have the link (and I'm on my phone), otherwise I'd post it. I highly recommend it! In it you can see what looks like a brief hesitation on Rey's part before she shuts the door. Also, Kylo appears to have a tear running down his left cheek right at the beginning.  Cry
@Kessel

I watched it like 2XXX times Laughing funny but also painful! our poor Evil Puppy  Crying or Very sad

http://pixelrey.tumblr.com/post/168746706355/because-lbr-this-is-exactly-what-was-going-through
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:08 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin
That edit is so accurate.  Laughing  Laughing

One shot I haven't seen much talk about is the gorgeous final one where the camera zooms out to show Kylo kneeling submissively after Rey shuts him out and looking down in what I can only read as a position of utter shame, even if he doesn't realize it yet. He's in the shadows with the light beaming through the window all around him. Just beautiful.
@MyOnlyHope

yep, that's the last shot after the dice disappear from his hand.

It's Adam that's confusing me. When he gets angry and tantrumy I'm thinking Renperor 4eva. Then he gets all puppy Crylo hot and bothered and I'm thinking, maybe not. It's him who makes me flip-flop on Kylo's fate. I bet that's why they cast him, to keep us in suspense.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:12 pm

@Reynak wrote:What if the broken lightsaber symbolizes Ben Solo himself? It was lost for years and locked up in a chest in a castle’s cellar (Mazz’s place is like a castle) like Kylo was trapped in Snoke’s lair. The saber was found by Rey but was rejected when she didn’t accept her hero’s quest in TFA, like Rey found Ben but rejected his call, just like like she rejected the lightsaber’s. It eventually became Rey’s despite her initial intention to give it to Luke, who threw it away unceremoniously in TLJ. Rey was sent to Luke carrying the lightsaber in her bag, without using it, and both the saber and Rey were sent to Luke by Leia, like Ben was as a kid.

The lightsaber was the instrument to end Snoke. Like Kylo himself, it was necessary to do away with great evil. Kylo killed the Supreme Leader, a bad guy with no personality or known background, who’s little more than a mere representation of evil, like the snake in the Bible.

The saber was used by Ray on the island after she rescued it, so to speak. It was among the garbage like Ben is, discarded by everyone but Rey, the only one who bothers to salvage it like the scavenger she is and can use it because it calls her, it goes to her (TFA) answering her summons and behaves as if it is hers, though Kylo claims it belongs to him.

This lightsaber is the Skywalker legacy and it’s doomed, nobody wants it but Rey, who rejected it in the beginning despite what Mazz said to her. Kylo himself is the last Skywalker, so he is the Skywalker legacy made flesh ( and what flesh, LOL)

What Rey means to him finally broke him. He was being torn apart and pulled by Dark and Light until in the end he broke apart splitting in two like the lightsaber, torn between being being Ben Solo and his other side, the Kylo Ren persona.

If I am right it’s not bad that Rey has the two parts of the broken lightsaber, because she cares for him although he is broken. Others would throw him away like garbage but not Rey, she is a scavenger after all. Perhaps this is why Leia said her son is lost ( how I hated it when she said that), to show that he is at his lowest point, broken, and only Rey is in the position to make him whole. Nobody else can, only Rey and Ben himself.

I have seen the movie only once, did Kylo keep anything from the lightsaber? I can’t remember.

I was so angry when Leia gave up on him, as a mother I can’t take that, but this is a fairiytale and everything is symbolic in fairytales, so this may mean only the heroine can save Ben Solo through love, like Beauty saved the Beast.

In fairytales heroes are orphans or leave their past behind, perhaps the loss of parents shouldn’t be taken in a literal way. I mean, if this was real I could never root for Ben or understand why his parents gave up on him and didn’t go to rescue him when he was in Snoke’s clutches.

Han and Luke went to rescue Leia in ANH but none of them tried to save Ben when he was trapped. Luke knew how hurt and horrified he must be after what he tried to do to him and didn’t try to help him, the same Luke who saved the Resistance and believed Anakin could be redeemed.

How horrible is this? As horrible, if not more, than what Kylo did, because he was their kid.

But this isn’t a relistic drama but a fairytale where parents are always irrelevant, they can never help. For instance, why didn’t Cinderella’s father or Snowhite’s father protect them? Why were their mothers dead? Because the heroine has to complete her journey by herself and parents never rescue the princess prisoner to a dragon or under an evil spell, only the hero can help the captive princess, only Rey can help Ben. This is how I see it if this is indeed a fairytale.
@Reynak

Wow.  We need to pin this post somewhere.  This is beautiful on so many levels and ties in even with TFA when the saber first called to Rey, and no one else.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Reynak wrote:What if the broken lightsaber symbolizes Ben Solo himself? It was lost for years and locked up in a chest in a castle’s cellar (Mazz’s place is like a castle) like Kylo was trapped in Snoke’s lair. The saber was found by Rey but was rejected when she didn’t accept her hero’s quest in TFA, like Rey found Ben but rejected his call, just like like she rejected the lightsaber’s. It eventually became Rey’s despite her initial intention to give it to Luke, who threw it away unceremoniously in TLJ. Rey was sent to Luke carrying the lightsaber in her bag, without using it, and both the saber and Rey were sent to Luke by Leia, like Ben was as a kid.

The lightsaber was the instrument to end Snoke. Like Kylo himself, it was necessary to do away with great evil. Kylo killed the Supreme Leader, a bad guy with no personality or known background, who’s little more than a mere representation of evil, like the snake in the Bible.

The saber was used by Ray on the island after she rescued it, so to speak. It was among the garbage like Ben is, discarded by everyone but Rey, the only one who bothers to salvage it like the scavenger she is and can use it because it calls her, it goes to her (TFA) answering her summons and behaves as if it is hers, though Kylo claims it belongs to him.

This lightsaber is the Skywalker legacy and it’s doomed, nobody wants it but Rey, who rejected it in the beginning despite what Mazz said to her. Kylo himself is the last Skywalker, so he is the Skywalker legacy made flesh ( and what flesh, LOL)

What Rey means to him finally broke him. He was being torn apart and pulled by Dark and Light until in the end he broke apart splitting in two like the lightsaber, torn between being being Ben Solo and his other side, the Kylo Ren persona.

If I am right it’s not bad that Rey has the two parts of the broken lightsaber, because she cares for him although he is broken. Others would throw him away like garbage but not Rey, she is a scavenger after all. Perhaps this is why Leia said her son is lost ( how I hated it when she said that), to show that he is at his lowest point, broken, and only Rey is in the position to make him whole. Nobody else can, only Rey and Ben himself.

I have seen the movie only once, did Kylo keep anything from the lightsaber? I can’t remember.

I was so angry when Leia gave up on him, as a mother I can’t take that, but this is a fairiytale and everything is symbolic in fairytales, so this may mean only the heroine can save Ben Solo through love, like Beauty saved the Beast.

In fairytales heroes are orphans or leave their past behind, perhaps the loss of parents shouldn’t be taken in a literal way. I mean, if this was real I could never root for Ben or understand why his parents gave up on him and didn’t go to rescue him when he was in Snoke’s clutches.

Han and Luke went to rescue Leia in ANH but none of them tried to save Ben when he was trapped. Luke knew how hurt and horrified he must be after what he tried to do to him and didn’t try to help him, the same Luke who saved the Resistance and believed Anakin could be redeemed.

How horrible is this? As horrible, if not more, than what Kylo did, because he was their kid.

But this isn’t a relistic drama but a fairytale where parents are always irrelevant, they can never help. For instance, why didn’t Cinderella’s father or Snowhite’s father protect them? Why were their mothers dead? Because the heroine has to complete her journey by herself and parents never rescue the princess prisoner to a dragon or under an evil spell, only the hero can help the captive princess, only Rey can help Ben. This is how I see it if this is indeed a fairytale.
@Reynak

Wow.  We need to pin this post somewhere.  This is beautiful on so many levels and ties in even with TFA when the saber first called to Rey, and no one else.
@IoJovi

We may pin it where you like, but I don’t know where it should go.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:30 pm

@IoJovi wrote:

@Reynak

@IoJovi

Rey literally picking up the pieces of the light saber and then with Leia, Rey then asking about how to build the rebellion out of this? And Leia responded with, "We have everything we need." Hmmm
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

@Starliteprism wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Reynak

@IoJovi

Rey literally picking up the pieces of the light saber and then with Leia, Rey then asking about how to build the rebellion out of this? And Leia responded with, "We have everything we need." Hmmm
@Starliteprism

This line reminded me so much that moment when Kylo picks Rey in his arms saying "we have all we need" - aka I have all I need
lol! lol! lol!
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

@reylo1992 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Reynak

@IoJovi

@Starliteprism

This line reminded me so much that moment when Kylo picks Rey in his arms saying "we have all we need" - aka I have all I need
lol! lol! lol!
@reylo1992

SO MUCH YES! I love you I love you I love you
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:40 pm

last few scenes minus BroomBoi are interesting. First we have Rey and Finn hug. then we have Rey and Kylo's iconic last look. then Rey fixes BB8's antena, meets Poe, sees Finn with Rose and smiles (this tells me that Finn is no more Rey,Rey,Rey since he isn't clinging onto her after the hug and is all focused on tending to Rose) and is joined by Leia. And even though we supposed that she got the shards of the saber, it was nice to see that she was clutching those two halves cause they now symbolize Rey and Ben, not just legacy saber or whatever it was before.

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 5:40 pm

@lauvamp

Thank you for the link. cheers That is hilarious!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:07 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@lauvamp

Thank you for the link. cheers That is hilarious!
@Cowgirlsamurai

You are welcome ^^ loved it!
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 6:55 pm

@Reynak

That is possibly the best explanation I have read. And regarding Leia and her attitude....sadly I know of some mothers who reject their kids. Sad Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 7:33 pm

Is it safe to say that since they didn't kiss in VIII they must be saving it for IX? Because there was no reason not to have a throwaway kiss in VIII if they are only go to be enemies from now on.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 7:36 pm

@Kylo Men wrote:Is it safe to say that since they didn't kiss in VIII they must be saving it for IX? Because there was no reason not to have a throwaway kiss in VIII if they are only go to be enemies from now on.
@Kylo Men

It’s actually a fantastic sign they did not kiss. They’re most definitely saving it for IX. Space fairy tale indeed.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 7:40 pm

I totlaly appreciate it that she flat out lied to Luke when he asked what happened (First Force Bond). Like, I understand that she partly wanted to leave a good impression since he agreed to train her, but I bet that bigger part was that she was super intrigued. Especially since she knew that Luke would not approve. Forbidden Fruit is sweeter.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 7:45 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:Is it safe to say that since they didn't kiss in VIII they must be saving it for IX? Because there was no reason not to have a throwaway kiss in VIII if they are only go to be enemies from now on.
@Kylo Men

It’s actually a fantastic sign they did not kiss. They’re most definitely saving it for IX. Space fairy tale indeed.
@IoJovi
The Reylo kiss of life will be quite operational in episode IX.

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 37 B7rxp8qCUAEOzIK
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:04 pm

@IoJovi wrote:It’s actually a fantastic sign they did not kiss. They’re most definitely saving it for IX. Space fairy tale indeed.

I really hope and pray you are right! Praying that JJ follows through with this.. It will certainly be a very special moment.. I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:05 pm

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:06 pm

@RosiePancake

I love him! Good for Dad! Laughing
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:09 pm

"Things to Look Forward to for Reylos" Timeline Prediction:

March 2018: TLJ novelization and digital HD release
(personally looking fwd to "suggestive" description for the hand-touch and throne room fight scenes in the novel)

April 2018: TLJ bluray & "making" featurettes
(personally looking fwd to Adam-Daisy pairing interview, more fight rehearsals, Reylo Johnson's commentary)

June - November 2018: IX filming
(personally looking fwd to some leaks that Adam and Daisy (hopefully together alone) are filming together in overseas location)

January 2019: IX title announcement

April 2019: first teaser
(personally looking fwd to irredeemable Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, Reylo fight scene)

October 2019: official trailer
(personally looking fwd to a sign of romantic Reylo)

October - December 2019: interviews, comments, hints from JJ and cast
(basically the period where we can see the direction of Reylo for IX becoming clearer and clearer / remember the October 10 - December 10 period when Reylo sound more and more canon and the whole fandom freaking out? Good times)

End of November 2019: cast interview promotions start

December 20, 2019: Reylo lived happily ever after
(I'm just trying to be optimistic)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:11 pm

Anyone remember that priest who posted his trailer reaction on YT? I'm wonder if he ships it too. lol!

More Reylo goodness form the movie. Apparently, Rey sleeps with her braided hair. But as soon as she had a Beefcake Bond, she jumped into the well (Mirror Cave) and her hair conveniently got loose. So she kept it that way for #handsex.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:15 pm

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:20 pm

@shii405 wrote:"Things to Look Forward to for Reylos" Timeline Prediction:

March 2018: TLJ novelization and digital HD release
(personally looking fwd to "suggestive" description for the hand-touch and throne room fight scenes in the novel)

April 2018: TLJ bluray & "making" featurettes
(personally looking fwd to Adam-Daisy pairing interview, more fight rehearsals, Reylo Johnson's commentary)

June - November 2018: IX filming
(personally looking fwd to some leaks that Adam and Daisy (hopefully together alone) are filming together in overseas location)

January 2019: IX title announcement

April 2019: first teaser
(personally looking fwd to irredeemable Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, Reylo fight scene)

October 2019: official trailer
(personally looking fwd to a sign of romantic Reylo)

October - December 2019: interviews, comments, hints from JJ and cast
(basically the period where we can see the direction of Reylo for IX becoming clearer and clearer / remember the October 10 - December 10 period when Reylo sound more and more canon and the whole fandom freaking out? Good times)

End of November 2019: cast interview promotions start

December 20, 2019: Reylo lived happily ever after
(I'm just trying to be optimistic)
@shii405

Ahh! You are so sweet. Thanks for that schedule!  It´s always good to keep the hope.I love you  I will admit my expectations for IX now are very low, I just don´t want to be disappointed yet again. Neutral But will always remember what Luke said, "No one is ever really gone".
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 20 Dec 2017, 8:25 pm

@DeeBee

I love that comparison! Kylo's proposal was so based on Darcy's it isn't even funny. Everyone who eevr read the book or saw any adaptation recognized it right away.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum