Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:20 pm

@Ynqve wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@Saracene wrote:Kylo killing Snoke would definitely be a "I can't believe they did it" moment, but if the movie is not delving much into Snoke, is it going to be, goodbye Supreme Leader Snoke, we hardly knew you? Seems weird.
@Saracene

This. The emperor worked because they teased him for two movies and when he finally showed up he's so deliciously evil. Right now Snoke is an ugly dude in a bathrobe, imho Hux would be a more satisfying villain death than him at this point.
@Ynqve

Which brings the interesting question. Is Hux alive in this fanfic? Imagine the next day in work when he realize that Kylo is his boss. Talk about awkward meetings. Laughing
@DarthRen

I hope so. It would make an awesome office comedy haha
@Ynqve

I can see Kylo stealing Poe's joke General Hugsy. lol!

@ZioRen wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:If Renperor is true, would make sense why Leia's role was supposed to be big, also if the Resistance is gone. Not sure where this leaves Kylo now. He's the last Skywalker and Episode IX might be the end of Skywalkers.

Something is nor right here with this scenario. Fishy.
@DarthRen

Yes, I can see for sure where they wanted to insert Leia into this narrative in IX. I wonder what they plan to do now. Maybe the entirety of 'knock some sense into Kylo' will fall on Rey now.
@ZioRen

Either that or they might come up with something different. But this is if scenario because we don't what is true and what is fake.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:22 pm

@Sacrebleu - It should be easy at this point for most of us to have a general idea about what's supposed to happen given both the discussions the filmmakers and cast have flat out said about this film. That's vetted information. It's not a black and white good and bad situation, characters who are on opposite sides have more in common with one another than they are different, the NYT quotes from Isaac and Boyega along with the mutual praise and comments between the characters playing Rey and Kylo about the other character. Plus all of the Asian K and J Drama influenced marketing. It's not going to be a conflict like the OT or even like the PT, but likely a hybrid of the two with multiple sides and agendas. I get that people are anxious about what's going to happen with these two characters. Will Leia get her son back on the right path? Was Han's sacrifice in vain? Will Rey ever find belonging and stop having to worry about where her next meal is coming from? Are annoying fans going to keep complaining about Rey Skywalker and Kyle Ron being incest? These are all cliffhangers like how we waited 3 years back in the OT days to find out if Han could be rescued from Jabba. But my god, the amount of second-hand hysteria on display here is just ridiculous.

I see it all the time with things like people believing X thing from online versus peer-reviewed science, evidence-based medicine, or fact-checked new stories. I'm going to be scarce until I see it on Thursday, but people would do their mental health a favor to just take a step back and not worry about what Tumblr or Reddit is claiming. We're all generally smart enough here to have enough of a background in watching movies and reading to know the types of scenarios most likely to play out. So why does anybody here need validation from people on the Internet who are easily tricked, impatient/gullible, trying to cause sh*t for the sake of mischief, et cetera?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:22 pm

@grimbergen wrote:After reading I dared to watch those spoilers. They are not as bad as I thought.
here it is not said that Kylo kills Luke but the way he dies is strange. That Kylo finale I do not like. If it's true the antis will be saying another two years that they were right about him being the big bad guy.
@grimbergen

Oh yeah, antis would at least have a field day with that. Especially since these leaks say Kylo is responsible for decimating the Resistance. And apparently Rey is understandably angry at him in the aftermath. I'm not sure how much more this woman can forgive of Kylo, Force bond or not.

And if I haven't been clear, read every one of my posts about this with a background of IF this is real. I believe nothing for absolute sure until I see a bunch of people outright corroborate them. All of the going through middlemen doesn't fly.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:24 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@Saracene wrote:Kylo killing Snoke would definitely be a "I can't believe they did it" moment, but if the movie is not delving much into Snoke, is it going to be, goodbye Supreme Leader Snoke, we hardly knew you? Seems weird.
@Saracene

This. The emperor worked because they teased him for two movies and when he finally showed up he's so deliciously evil. Right now Snoke is an ugly dude in a bathrobe, imho Hux would be a more satisfying villain death than him at this point.
@Ynqve

Which brings the interesting question. Is Hux alive in this fanfic? Imagine the next day in work when he realize that Kylo is his boss. Talk about awkward meetings. Laughing
@DarthRen

I hope so. It would make an awesome office comedy haha
@Ynqve

I can see Kylo stealing Poe's joke General Hugsy. lol!

@ZioRen wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:If Renperor is true, would make sense why Leia's role was supposed to be big, also if the Resistance is gone. Not sure where this leaves Kylo now. He's the last Skywalker and Episode IX might be the end of Skywalkers.

Something is nor right here with this scenario. Fishy.
@DarthRen

Yes, I can see for sure where they wanted to insert Leia into this narrative in IX. I wonder what they plan to do now. Maybe the entirety of 'knock some sense into Kylo' will fall on Rey now.
@ZioRen

Either that or they might come up with something different. But this is if scenario because we don't what is true and what is fake.
@DarthRen

I want to see a real sketch of this trio.Kylo-Hux-Poe. It would be gold.

Last edited by grimbergen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Sacrebleu - It should be easy at this point for most of us to have a general idea about what's supposed to happen given both the discussions the filmmakers and cast have flat out said about this film. That's vetted information. It's not a black and white good and bad situation, characters who are on opposite sides have more in common with one another than they are different, the NYT quotes from Isaac and Boyega along with the mutual praise and comments between the characters playing Rey and Kylo about the other character. Plus all of the Asian K and J Drama influenced marketing. It's not going to be a conflict like the OT or even like the PT, but likely a hybrid of the two with multiple sides and agendas. I get that people are anxious about what's going to happen with these two characters. Will Leia get her son back on the right path? Was Han's sacrifice in vain? Will Rey ever find belonging and stop having to worry about where her next meal is coming from? Are annoying fans going to keep complaining about Rey Skywalker and Kyle Ron being incest? These are all cliffhangers like how we waited 3 years back in the OT days to find out if Han could be rescued from Jabba. But my god, the amount of second-hand hysteria on display here is just ridiculous.

I see it all the time with things like people believing X thing from online versus peer-reviewed science, evidence-based medicine, or fact-checked new stories. I'm going to be scarce until I see it on Thursday, but people would do their mental health a favor to just take a step back and not worry about what Tumblr or Reddit is claiming. We're all generally smart enough here to have enough of a background in watching movies and reading to know the types of scenarios most likely to play out. So why does anybody here need validation from people on the Internet who are easily tricked, impatient/gullible, trying to cause sh*t for the sake of mischief, et cetera?
@snufkin

THIS! A MILLION TIMES THIS!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Saracene
And Andy Serkis had this to say:

“He’s definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force. Without giving too much away, that begins to unfold a little in this one.”
@teltaru wrote:Unbelievably, there are signs pointing to this stuff being true after all. I'm not sold though, not yet. Where is the story behind Ben's fall? Is he going to be on Crait the same time as Leia and not meet her in an emotional scene? The BTS reel pretty much confirmed they filmed scenes together. I think I've read every version of this leak including the Reylo shippers' one and none of them discuss these plot points. Also, this is my personal opinion, but how do all those cheery reactions line up with Luke freaking Skywalker dying in the end? Confusing.
@teltaru
There are zero signs pointing to Luke becoming a flipping hologram and fighting Kylo across space being true. The problem is everything has become a mess of various fanfictions combined with reaction interpretations.
@FrolickingFizzgig

That Andy Serkis quote is the biggest proof right there that Snoke doesn't die in this one and therefore renders most of these 'leaks' bullshit. What's the point of killing him now when we know f**** all about him anyway? It would be a whole lot of nothing.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:26 pm

@Ynqve wrote:
@Saracene

@Ynqve

Hahahaha I'm laughing so hard at this right now. Ugly dude in a bathrobe is the perfect description.

Seriously, today was a complete mess. I'm super chill with the "spoilers" and "leaks", but so annoyed at the behavior of the fans. Our fandom always had a more mature and no-nonsense approach to cinematic narratives and complex characterization, so I'm genuinely baffled that this drama is going on - particularly on other sites.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

There are zero signs pointing to Luke becoming a flipping hologram and fighting Kylo across space being true. The problem is everything has become a mess of various fanfictions combined with reaction interpretations.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I didn't want to mention the leaked twitter convo for reasons, but here we go. Seems very much like it was a real conversation, the asker's account was hacked, she's super pissed about it on twitter. The contents of that convo fit into the Luke dies leak perfectly, from junk people to Kylo and Rey having fun together and eventually separating, "possibly for good". Well yeah, if Kylo's crushing Rey's people on Crait that's a fair assumption. As I said, I'm remaining cautious, but that DM makes me uneasy.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

@grimbergen wrote:After reading I dared to watch those spoilers. They are not as bad as I thought.
here it is not said that Kylo kills Luke but the way he dies is strange. That Kylo finale I do not like. If it's true the antis will be saying another two years that they were right about him being the big bad guy.
@grimbergen
Guys, it's all the same FAF from last night. Someone sent that Tumblr user their version after reading the original, nothing more. They used anon messages and sent several in order to appear more legit. This same person has probably been messing with the Tumblr user for over a week now and she keeps publishing their FAF and then backtracking. I don't want to call her gullible, but yeah...

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:28 pm

Rian said Snoke like Rey's parentage was supposed to serve a function in the plot. If Rey's parents are misc. junk dealers, Snoke may not be too important either?
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:29 pm

Gangsta is a liar. Said Ben Solo is a double agent on StarWars Leaks, deleted his comment, now like others Kylo full blown evil. Busted.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:29 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Saracene
And Andy Serkis had this to say:

“He’s definitely not a Sith, but he’s certainly at the darker end of the Force. Without giving too much away, that begins to unfold a little in this one.”
@teltaru wrote:Unbelievably, there are signs pointing to this stuff being true after all. I'm not sold though, not yet. Where is the story behind Ben's fall? Is he going to be on Crait the same time as Leia and not meet her in an emotional scene? The BTS reel pretty much confirmed they filmed scenes together. I think I've read every version of this leak including the Reylo shippers' one and none of them discuss these plot points. Also, this is my personal opinion, but how do all those cheery reactions line up with Luke freaking Skywalker dying in the end? Confusing.
@teltaru
@FrolickingFizzgig

That Andy Serkis quote is the biggest proof right there that Snoke doesn't die in this one and therefore renders most of these 'leaks' bullshit. What's the point of killing him now when we know f**** all about him anyway? It would be a whole lot of nothing.
@Kylo Rey

Tbh the moment they started talking about him being a rich, gaudy Hugh Hefner type, I had a feeling that Snoke might not be all that deep. But then what's the point of him? Is he really just a stepping stone for Renperor? Seems strange.

Then again, these leaks have left out all of the Force mythology and the whole thing with the Prime Jedi. Obviously the Prime Jedi has something to do with Rey and Kylo. I'm curious, if these leaks are real, if that's addressed in TLJ or if the story/legend/prophecy/whatever hangs over every plot point but is hinted to only be explored in IX.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:30 pm

@teltaru wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

I didn't want to mention the leaked twitter convo for reasons, but here we go. Seems very much like it was a real conversation, the asker's account was hacked, she's super pissed about it on twitter. The contents of that convo fit into the Luke dies leak perfectly, from junk people to Kylo and Rey having fun together and eventually separating, "possibly for good". Well yeah, if Kylo's crushing Rey's people on Crait that's a fair assumption. As I said, I'm remaining cautious, but that DM makes me uneasy.
@teltaru

But it doesn't. That convo never mentions anything about anyone apart from Kylo, Snoke and Rey. Luke could be doing a million different things in that scenario.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:31 pm

At this rate Kylo's gonna take down Chewbacca in IX. /s
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:32 pm

Guys, I have just had a good discussion elsewhere. This Junkers-Renperor-Projected Luke crap is now "confirmed" by everyone's favorite FAF Gangsa rapper. Notice the pattern. he and his socks were confirming Rey Palpatine and Evil Luke just few weeks ago and now the trend is this Junkers/Renperor/Projected Luke crap. In all these cases, he is involved. Nuff said.

Moreover, all fakers are too focused on the plot as opposed to the story. That's why all their "leaks" sound way too fan servicey. They know hpw to write fan service (Luke ignites a saber...AND IT'S RED!!!!), but they don;t know how to write a story. projected Luke is pure fanservice. Powerful Force Ghost Luke comes to Crait to protect his sister on the Falcon. Whatever.

They hit plot points but there's no story behind it. they never talk about story elements - Luke fishing and milking thala sirens, Rose and Finn having a discussion about the rich and the poor, character having any discussion that isn't something that they think moves the plot forward. That's what's missing from those leaks and that's what feels off.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

None of these "leaks" mentioned what happened at Uncle Luke's Bible Camp, which is crucial for 1) understanding Luke's motivations 2) understanding Ben's motivations.

So yeap. They need to be more creative.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:34 pm

@Ynqve wrote:
@teltaru wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@teltaru

But it doesn't. That convo never mentions anything about anyone apart from Kylo, Snoke and Rey. Luke could be doing a million different things in that scenario.
@Ynqve

Ok, but don't you find it curious that everything mentioned in that convo is exactly how it plays out in the "leak" as well?

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

To play devil's advocate, leakers like to stick the most shocking or most attention-grabbing things in their first leak. So other story elements and character motivations fall to the side and aren't mentioned, even if they play a crucial part or put the actions in a whole new context. Like "Kylo killing Han Solo in pure cold blood" before TFA.

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

@vaderito wrote:Guys, I have just had a good discussion elsewhere. This Junkers-Renperor-Projected Luke crap is now "confirmed" by everyone's favorite FAF Gangsa rapper. Notice the pattern. he and his socks were confirming Rey Palpatine and Evil Luke just few weeks ago and now the trend is this Junkers/Renperor/Projected Luke crap. In all these cases, he is involved. Nuff said.

Moreover, all fakers are too focused on the plot as opposed to the story. That's why all their "leaks" sound way too fan servicey. They know hpw to write fan service (Luke ignites a saber...AND IT'S RED!!!!), but they don;t know how to write a story. projected Luke is pure fanservice. Powerful Force Ghost Luke comes to Crait to protect his sister on the Falcon. Whatever.

They hit plot points but there's no story behind it. they never talk about story elements - Luke fishing and milking thala sirens, Rose and Finn having a discussion about the rich and the poor, character having any discussion that isn't something that they think moves the plot forward. That's what's missing from those leaks and that's what feels off.
@vaderito

Honestly I can't believe that people are still freaking out about this. I thought we dismissed it as FAF hours ago. At least Gangsta settles the deal. IT'S FAF. PURE FAF.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:37 pm

@Ynqve The core group of forum members here (and others who've come and gone) have consistently been ahead of the curve for nearly two years now when it comes to figuring out the characters, stories, and themes primarily through analysis and discussion here. We've also tended to be people who've seen Rian Johnson's previous films and television work prior to his being announced as writer/director. Nearly everything that's come out in the trailers, posters, collateral materials, and interviews/quotes from the filmmakers and cast has yet to contradict this. It's why the people from here who started podcasts (and why wasn't LF/Disney reaching out to them for advance screenings versus random people on Tumblr and Reddit) have followings and respect. It's why we've always had a lot of lurkers here, reading the discussions. We don't need to freak out over unverified information from elsewhere, especially when it blatantly contradicts what the cast members and filmmakers have said about themes and characters. If people on Tumblr and Reddit want to engage in hysteria and nonsense (which sad to say, people do that sh*t on social media anyways and it leads to things like f*cked up election results and people not vaccinating their kids and causing rubella outbreaks) - let them do that elsewhere. That's not why most of us have been here from the beginning and it's not anything which is going to make anybody here feel better versus taking a breath and just being patient a little longer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Sacrebleu - It should be easy at this point for most of us to have a general idea about what's supposed to happen given both the discussions the filmmakers and cast have flat out said about this film. That's vetted information. It's not a black and white good and bad situation, characters who are on opposite sides have more in common with one another than they are different, the NYT quotes from Isaac and Boyega along with the mutual praise and comments between the characters playing Rey and Kylo about the other character. Plus all of the Asian K and J Drama influenced marketing. It's not going to be a conflict like the OT or even like the PT, but likely a hybrid of the two with multiple sides and agendas. I get that people are anxious about what's going to happen with these two characters. Will Leia get her son back on the right path? Was Han's sacrifice in vain? Will Rey ever find belonging and stop having to worry about where her next meal is coming from? Are annoying fans going to keep complaining about Rey Skywalker and Kyle Ron being incest? These are all cliffhangers like how we waited 3 years back in the OT days to find out if Han could be rescued from Jabba. But my god, the amount of second-hand hysteria on display here is just ridiculous.

@snufkin

A-freakin-men!!! I'm officially off spoilers now. Although I did say that earlier lol! for real though, I'm going with my gut on this one and listening to everything that we've been given thus far...not from these attention seekers from Reddit and Tumblr. Now time to go curl up in my Kylo blanket Love
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:38 pm

@teltaru wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@teltaru wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

@teltaru

@Ynqve

Ok, but don't you find it curious that everything mentioned in that convo is exactly how it plays out in the "leak" as well?
@teltaru

Not at all. The Force bond was confirmed by the VD leak, it's pretty obvious that Kylo and Rey would try to convince the other one to join their side and people have been speculating the possibility of Snoke being overthrown by Kylo for a very long time. The same goes for the ending, there are so many scenarios where they end up in separate places. If someone has been keeping up with speculation and leaks it wouldn't be hard to manufacture something that is accurate enough to trick people into believing other FAF.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:39 pm

@ZioRen wrote:To play devil's advocate, leakers like to stick the most shocking or most attention-grabbing things in their first leak. So other story elements and character motivations fall to the side and aren't mentioned, even if they play a crucial part or put the actions in a whole new context. Like "Kylo killing Han Solo in pure cold blood" before TFA.
@ZioRen

it still doesn't justify not a peep about Finn/Rose and Poe/Holdo plots. That's because they don't have enough theories to get ideas from. That is also why they prefer AMA. people rarely ask about anything outside of basic plot points and most popular characters, so they have an easy job.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 5:40 pm

@ZioRen wrote:To play devil's advocate, leakers like to stick the most shocking or most attention-grabbing things in their first leak. So other story elements and character motivations fall to the side and aren't mentioned, even if they play a crucial part or put the actions in a whole new context. Like "Kylo killing Han Solo in pure cold blood" before TFA.
@ZioRen

Precisely the reason I don't care if they're real or fake.

If they're real, they're OBVIOUSLY biased, incomplete and put together for shock value/trolling.

If they're fake... well, who cares.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum