Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:27 pm

@grimbergen wrote:I received the ...spoilers. I started reading it but I left it halfway. I read the introduction and I have not dared to read more, I did not like the look that this had.
@grimbergen
This is the third time this week she has posted FAF Tumblr anon spoilers only to go back on them later. It will be the same this time because people are messing with her intentionally. She has been targeted as easy prey who believes basically everything she's sent as long as she gets multiple anons (who are likely the same anon, lmao). She seems to think getting more than one anon about the same topic = verification.

If it doesn't line up with the reactions disregard it.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:28 pm

@grimbergen wrote:I received the ...spoilers. I started reading it but I left it halfway. I read the introduction and I have not dared to read more, I did not like the look that this had.
I am a coward
@grimbergen

Not convincing?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:32 pm

@Ynqve wrote:
@grimbergen

Did they provide any form of evidence that would make you believe that the leak is true?
@Ynqve

the truth, I do not know what to think but at first they warn and that does not look good
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:34 pm

I heard these plot leaks are the same as the RPF forum guy's. He just left out a lot of details and all of the passion between Rey and Kylo which apparently isn't at all subtle or one-sided.

Which means yes. Kylo takes over from Snoke and leads the First Order at the end on Crait. If so, that's a lot more blood Kylo is about to have on his hands.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:35 pm

@grimbergen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@grimbergen

Did they provide any form of evidence that would make you believe that the leak is true?
@Ynqve

the truth, I do not know what to think but at first they warn and that does not look good
@grimbergen

Remember: Everything is FAF until proven otherwise.

If the leak doesn't look good and you're getting scared, just relax and remember that we have no proven leaks yet. It could very well be FAF.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:35 pm

At this point, I don't think I'll start believing spoilers until the embargo lifts on the 12th.
I don't think I believe that Luke dies. Everyone has loved how involved Hamill has been for Ep. 8 and I think people would be outraged if we lost another original after Han, especially since we all know we will likely lose Leia in 9.
I think Reylo is finally happening.
I don't think Kylo has been playing the long con this whole time, but maybe since he killed Han and hasn't gotten peace and wants to team up with Rey? But that doesn't explain why they would leave separately at the end of the movie.

But after all this, who knows. I thought I had an idea of what TFA was going to be like, and in the theatre it was totally different.
I'm excited for the reviews!
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:35 pm

@kassadin wrote:It's fake. The letters aren't in the right place, they should be in the middle. Bubbles are too sharp and not rendered properly. That's why who ever faked it made the resolution very low, so no one would notice it's fake
@kassadin

Bravo!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:37 pm

I think you should be careful because those spoilers might also contain her own interpretation on things, which might not line up with what was conveyed in the movie itself. Especially when she hasn't seen the movie yet.

I've already seen people reddit jump on their own leaks and interpret them before even seeing the movie.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:38 pm

So yeah, RPF guy seems to be correct (but only on the basic plot points) if this is to be believed. What I still haven't seen anything about is Kylo's exact motivations or what actually happened at the Jedi Temple. I'm going to be pretty pissed if they hold that information back until IX! I don't really see the point in it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by grimbergen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:39 pm

@Ynqve wrote:
@grimbergen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@grimbergen

@Ynqve

@grimbergen

If the leak doesn't look good and you're getting scared, just relax and remember that we have no proven leaks yet. It could very well be FAF.
@Ynqve

thanks,I was euphoric this morning and now I'm anxious and scared. I think we should stop believing in any spoiler that does not come from someone you trust.

Last edited by grimbergen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
grimbergen
grimbergen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:39 pm

@ZioRen wrote:So yeah, RPF guy seems to be correct (but only on the basic plot points) if this is to be believed. What I still haven't seen anything about is Kylo's exact motivations or what actually happened at the Jedi Temple. I'm going to be pretty pissed if they hold that information back until IX! I don't really see the point in it.
@ZioRen

What is RPF?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:41 pm

Guys that spoiler is literally contradicted by the Visual Dictionary and Rey's Journey. Fakers and trolls are basing everything on that one thing because it's the only one that's come out. It's FAF. Nothing's been leaked for real. People are bored and desperate.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:43 pm

@ZioRen wrote:So yeah, RPF guy seems to be correct (but only on the basic plot points) if this is to be believed. What I still haven't seen anything about is Kylo's exact motivations or what actually happened at the Jedi Temple. I'm going to be pretty pissed if they hold that information back until IX! I don't really see the point in it.
@ZioRen

The first who "confirmed" RPF on Reddit said:

Hrm, i have no idea what Kylo's end goal is. It is kinda one big temper tantrum. Did a really good job establishing why he is in that corner, less so why he was looking at it in the first place, and thus, motivations going forward.

Ending is wide open. Honestly feels more like an ending you would find in the first movie of a trilogy to set up tone and stage , or the very end of a series to spark spinoffs.

special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:44 pm

@grimbergen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@grimbergen wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@grimbergen

@Ynqve

@grimbergen

@Ynqve

thanks,I was euphoric this morning and now I'm anxious and scared. I think we should stop believing in any spoiler that does not come from someone you trust.
@grimbergen

My honest opinion is that based on true leaks (such as the VD), social media reactions and marketing things are looking good for Reylo. With all the fake leaks and negativity coming from antis and trolls it's easy to loose track of what's true. I think we're going to be very pleased with the movie.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm

Public Service Announcement from somebody who's worked as a research librarian - all of these 'leaks' and 'spoilers' are a case study for how disinformation gets spread because people want to believe (or get insider information) so badly. Just because it's on the Internet and sounds good, doesn't mean s**t. Do yourselves a favor and just chill the f**k out until Tuesday-Wednesday when long time and trusted members of this forum see the movie and can then can share their opinions in spoiler tags and PMs. The community here is far more sensible and mature versus getting some random information from elsewhere that hasn't been vetted. Everything posted here from Reddit or Tumblr looks like what my cat would drag into the house.

Also just go read the New York Times group interview, okay? And look at what Oscar Isaac and John Boyega had to say in praising/expressing envy over getting a role like Kylo/Ben.

Is there a character, other than your own, that you wish you’d gotten to play in this film?

ISAAC What Adam does in this movie is insane. It’s incredible. [Mr. Driver begins looking around awkwardly, as if searching for a way to escape the room.] It’s so wild and unpredictable and very magnetic. It made me very jealous.

BOYEGA I have to second that. I was blown away by the conflict and the change in the character arc. And the fights.

ISAAC Oh, the fights. The beautiful fights.

BOYEGA It reminds me, as a guy, of the transition from a boy to a man, learning how to maintain a certain type of energy that you have and choosing the way you let it free. That’s what he struggles with.

So are you going to believe somebody from Reddit or Tumblr you don't know because you're impatient? Versus those of us here who know/trust each other and who are patient and smart/sensible? Or better yet, the words of two of the cast members, one of whom is an old friend and neighbor of the person playing that character? Oh and also just delivered what's been called the definitive version of Hamlet for our time. I get the impatience and the crush of lurkers is because people are running around hoping somebody has something. But the truth is that nobody has anything, so just try to relax because it's very very soon now.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

@ZioRen

Yeah they latched onto the Vader 2 thing because it would get the most attention, but he said nothing about the motivations and character dynamics.

@ZioRen wrote:I heard these plot leaks are the same as the RPF forum guy's. He just left out a lot of details and all of the passion between Rey and Kylo which apparently isn't at all subtle or one-sided.

Which means yes. Kylo takes over from Snoke and leads the First Order at the end on Crait. If so, that's a lot more blood Kylo is about to have on his hands.
@ZioRen

Well, the road to redemption (or wherever Kylo will end up in in 9) is never easy. Things have to get darker for everyone before they get better.

I'm honestly reminded of Reylo Renperor fics right now. Maybe this is the direction the story is going in Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

According to what I hear of these leaks, Reylo isn't subtle and there's a scene that paints it as very much mutual attraction. They're trying to push and pull each other to their side the whole time and Kylo wants Rey to be with him (but not evil, which I suppose works with the insistence that Kylo thinks what he's doing is right), but their goals simply don't align in the end. Kylo kills Snoke and takes his place leading the First Order, and they do a number on the Resistance on Crait. I don't know if he's the one who kills Luke, though? I hope not, since that would be pretty impossible to come back from.

At the end, Rey escapes with what's left of the Resistance and apparently Kylo lets her leave. As in he definitely could have stopped her, but he doesn't.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm

BOYEGA It reminds me, as a guy, of the transition from a boy to a man, learning how to maintain a certain type of energy that you have and choosing the way you let it free. That’s what he struggles with.
Well, to be fair, you can read it as transition from "Snoke's tool" to "I am The Order"

Makes stakes pretty big for the last film (if they do not split episode). Kylo is already trying to rule the Galaxy, in the end they rule together or Rey mirrors Amidala.

I'm just speculating, of course.

Last edited by special_cases on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:51 pm

Yeah, the one spoiler that I'd actually like to know right now is if Luke dies. And if he dies, is he killed by Kylo?

Kylo killing Luke is the one thing that could potentially sink the ship imho.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:52 pm

Last night there were rumors saying Rey killed Luke. Now it's supposedly Kylo? FAF
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:53 pm

Kylo and Rey fighting the guards together and then killing Snoke is real, according to these leaks. Kylo asks Rey to join him after that (which is no doubt the hand reaching scene) and she refuses.

Yes I also really REALLY hope Kylo isn't the one who kills Luke. That's just yikes and quite a lot of overkill. Also, if Kylo really does lead the troops in ripping through the Resistance on Crait, I can see why that doesn't look all that redeemable to many. Either his backstory will be explained in a way that makes him more sympathetic, or they banked on Adam's acting and the interactions of Rey and Kylo being enough. Which, considering the reactions, seems to be correct for the most part!

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:55 pm

Kylo killing Snoke doesn't line up with what Rian Johnson has said about not delving too deeply into his background in TLJ, hinting that it would be left for Episode IX.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:Kylo killing Snoke doesn't line up with what Rian Johnson has said about not delving too deeply into his background in TLJ, hinting that it would be left for Episode IX.
@Kylo Rey

Or it could mean they never planned to. Snoke is just an obstacle.

Then again, who knows. It could be a case where they think Snoke is dead but he really isn't and he reemerges in IX. If Luke really does "die" in this movie, I get a very strong feeling that he's not actually dead either. Which I can already tell will be a huge debate if these leaks are real!

Last edited by ZioRen on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Kylo and Rey fighting the guards together and then killing Snoke is real, according to these leaks. Kylo asks Rey to join him after that (which is no doubt the hand reaching scene) and she refuses.

Yes I also really REALLY hope Kylo isn't the one who kills Luke. That's just yikes and quite a lot of overkill.
@ZioRen

I hope that's not real- with Snoke gone, Kylo will be the Villain for IX (unless there is someone behind Snoke- but I truly doubt that) ... not something I'm looking forward to. No
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:57 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Kylo and Rey fighting the guards together and then killing Snoke is real, according to these leaks. Kylo asks Rey to join him after that (which is no doubt the hand reaching scene) and she refuses.

Yes I also really REALLY hope Kylo isn't the one who kills Luke. That's just yikes and quite a lot of overkill. Also, if Kylo really does lead the troops in ripping through the Resistance on Crait, I can see why that doesn't look all that redeemable to many. Either his backstory will be explained in a way that makes him more sympathetic, or they banked on Adam's acting and the interactions of Rey and Kylo being enough. Which, considering the reactions, seems to be correct for the most part!
@ZioRen

Are they really gonna repeat "you need a teacher"? Hopefully not.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum