Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by special_cases on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:30 am

@ZioRen wrote:Apparently Kylo, in a rage, sends the ships after the Millennium Falcon to take it down despite Rey being in there after she rejects him. Between this and him continuing to add to his kill count, antis are going to have very ample fuel against Reylo and Kylo's redemption.

Also, apparently Kylo wants to "destroy it all". The Jedi, the Resistance, the Sith, the Empire, all of it. He's gone full "burn it all to the ground".

Honestly, even I'm starting to wonder how they can possibly let him live at the end after all of this. But ultimate sacrifice is SO BORING.
@ZioRen

Where did you read this?
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:30 am

@ZioRen wrote:I read a couple pieces of the script. One was the proposal because I was curious and it's...kind of creepy without the context of how they're interacting in that moment. This is actually where Kylo tells Rey about her parents and he really is going on about how "you're nothing in this story, you're nobody...but not to me." While Rey is begging him to stop the fleet from firing, thinking he's really going to do it and spare the Resistance after they just worked together.

And he is PISSED when he fights Luke, for good reason. He redeclares his intention to destroy all of the Jedi, including "her" (yeah, alright bud.)
@ZioRen

Honestly that sounds kind of like a twisted version of Darcy's first proposal but with splosions and lightsabers.

Last edited by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:30 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I read only the piece of the script that was the proposal because I was curious and it's...kind of creepy without the context of how they're interacting in that moment. This is actually where Kylo tells Rey about her parents and he really is going on about how "you're nothing in this story, you're nobody...but not to me." While Rey is begging him to stop the fleet from firing, thinking he's really going to do it and spare the Resistance after they just worked together.
@ZioRen
These give us zero context. You can't see the acting. You can't see any of it. Just judge it when you actually see it because people are not walking out of this hating the character more than ever and wanting him to die. Yeesh.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I just said it's creepy without the context of how they're interacting in the moment.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:31 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I read only the piece of the script that was the proposal because I was curious and it's...kind of creepy without the context of how they're interacting in that moment. This is actually where Kylo tells Rey about her parents and he really is going on about how "you're nothing in this story, you're nobody...but not to me." While Rey is begging him to stop the fleet from firing, thinking he's really going to do it and spare the Resistance after they just worked together.
@ZioRen
These give us zero context. You can't see the acting. You can't see any of it. Just judge it when you actually see it because people are not walking out of this hating the character more than ever and wanting him to die. Yeesh.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I just said it's creepy without the context of how they're interacting in the moment.
@ZioRen
Sounds more like judging subtitles and coming up with reactions based on the way something sounds rather than the way it plays out.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:34 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
Sounds more like judging subtitles and coming up with reactions based on the way something sounds rather than the way it plays out.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm sorry if my initial reactions don't please you but I am acknowledging that it may (and probably will) look and sound very different when I actually see it in action. I don't really know what you want from me.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:36 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm sorry if my initial reactions don't please you but I am acknowledging that it may (and probably will) look and sound very different when I actually see it in action. I don't really know what you want from me.
@ZioRen

I read something in the subtitles that disturbs me, but it depends heavily on HOW it's said. There are people jumping on board "the ship" rather than jumping off, so I'm hoping that line is performed with tears in his eyes, or a cracking voice, or SOMETHING.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:37 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
I guess I'm annoyed the subtitles leaked at all because it's something I wouldn't have wanted to see before the film. I'm not going to look at them but I feel like it's a step too far spoiler-wise. Descriptions are one thing, but out-of-context subtitles are something else entirely.

People are actually walking out of this movie excited for more and ready to hand Adam the Oscar, not wanting Kylo to die in a ditch. Acting is going to make all the difference.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

Holy Molly my beloved Speculation sub is ruined by these new crazies coming from all directions to condemn the movie that they are yet to see! Fingers crossed critical response is great cause this madness is just Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

I read something in the subtitles that disturbs me, but it depends heavily on HOW it's said. There are people jumping on board "the ship" rather than jumping off, so I'm hoping that line is performed with tears in his eyes, or a cracking voice, or SOMETHING.
@Cowgirlsamurai

There was a twitter reaction where someone said that Adam steals the show in the last act with an almost Oscar-worthy emotional performance. I'm sure that Kylo's going to be heartbroken when he says it!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

@Ynqve wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I read a couple pieces of the script. One was the proposal because I was curious and it's...kind of creepy without the context of how they're interacting in that moment. This is actually where Kylo tells Rey about her parents and he really is going on about how "you're nothing in this story, you're nobody...but not to me." While Rey is begging him to stop the fleet from firing, thinking he's really going to do it and spare the Resistance after they just worked together.

And he is PISSED when he fights Luke, for good reason. He redeclares his intention to destroy all of the Jedi, including "her" (yeah, alright bud.)
@ZioRen

Honestly that sounds kind of like a twisted version of Darcy's first proposal but with splosions and lightsabers.
@Ynqve

Yeah people here sometimes tend to forget all of it is happening in the GFFA, not in real life.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:41 am

@Ynqve wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

There was a twitter reaction where someone said that Adam steals the show in the last act with an almost Oscar-worthy emotional performance. I'm sure that Kylo's going to be heartbroken when he says it!
@Ynqve

Also one of the reviews that was linked a couple of pages behind - kinda confirms it.

Sorry for DP, btw.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

Basically Kylo has a mental breakdown and decides he has to destroy everything that ever caused war in the first place. I can definitely see why some would say he's "right" or relatable because it's true that everything Kylo condemns at the end of this film has caused suffering and hardship. Every faction.

He is Sasuke, which is fine.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:42 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

The proposal is pretty horrible sounding without its context, but considering people are walking out shipping it, Adam must absolutely KILL it in his performance of it. All I can think is that he must sound genuine and not condescending, furious on her behalf, a true plea that shows he cares for her even though he's absolutely putting his Renperor foot in his mouth when you read the dialogue by itself.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

Can someone send me the link to subtitle leak?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:43 am

I stopped reading it- I don't mind some spoilers but don't want to read every word they possibly saying.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:45 am

@Night Huntress wrote:I stopped reading it- I don't mind some spoilers but don't want to read every word they possibly saying.
@Night Huntress
Basically my stance. There's reading descriptions, motivations, all that. Then there's reading an out-of-context version of the film that provides no visuals and no explanations. It's worse than reading the basic script and expecting to understand the nuances.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:45 am

I'm a sucker for spoilers and even I'm not reading all of those subtitles. I mean, I read some climactic scene dialogue but in those scenes, the dialogue is only like 15% of what makes them epic. It's all in the presentation. And, you know, half of it is *grunt* *wheeze* *grunt*  Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:45 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

The proposal is pretty horrible sounding without its context, but considering people are walking out shipping it, Adam must absolutely KILL it in his performance of it. All I can think is that he must sound genuine and not condescending, furious on her behalf, a true plea that shows he cares for her even though he's absolutely putting his Renperor foot in his mouth when you read the dialogue by itself.
@ZioRen

That’s not the part I’m talking about. It’s when he tells Luke he’s going to destroy everything including her. But what others are saying about his emotional performance in this scene is reassuring.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:47 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

That’s not the part I’m talking about. It’s when he tells Luke he’s going to destroy everything including her. But what others are saying about his emotional performance in this scene is reassuring me.
@Cowgirlsamurai
Apparently he's in a worse mental state than snow!Kylo. And his development isn't over yet.

I presume Hux is juxtaposing him at this point, making it clear that Kylo is fuelled by emotion and Hux is the real Hitler space Nazi.

Angst and drama.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:47 am

The Reylo stuff looks really good. They'll definitely be x100 thanks to Daisy and Adam. To anyone who read it, what did you think about the very end? Something in particular made me uneasy.

Nyx
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:47 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

That’s not the part I’m talking about. It’s when he tells Luke he’s going to destroy everything including her. But what others are saying about his emotional performance in this scene is reassuring.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Oh, that. According to what I've heard from others, Kylo is absolutely losing it in that scene. He's a complete emotional wreck and is not being rational in any respect.

Oh and I'm glad I read it because I was beginning to think, from other descriptions that Luke was being a complete *** in that moment considering what he did to Kylo. It turns out it's pretty different from what I can read in that dialogue!

Last edited by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:49 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

@ZioRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

Oh, that. According to what I've heard from others, Kylo is absolutely losing it in that scene. He's a complete emotional wreck and is not being rational in any respect.
@ZioRen

My poor bbs  Sad I’m crying already.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:51 am

Honestly, the breakdown could be great for his redemption. At that moment, he's probably questioning every decision he's ever made and is feeling all the feelings at the same time. I'm guessing that he's pissed at Snoke for manipulating him, pissed at Luke and Leia for giving up on him and pissed at Rey for turning him down. It's an epic temper tantrum, but I'm guessing he's going to calm down in IX and start sorting out his priorities.

Or he's going evulz. But that doesn't line up with the reactions.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:52 am

This just sounds exactly like what we have heard so nothing is shocking me. I can’t wait to see it acted out though. That’s where the real emotion comes from, not the words.

Actually I feel a lot better about the ending. There is implied redemption ahead from Luke’s words and he seems much less antagonist than I thought.

Last edited by Nimbus002 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrStrife on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:52 am

Remember when we first saw the trailer and we were all, "Kylo looks like if Rey doesn't take his hand, he's going to break."

Welp, looks like he breaks. I'm sure Kylo Ren is as much heartbroken over Rey's rejection as Rey is heartbroken over Kylo's decision.

Angst. Angst. Angst.

ZephyrStrife
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum