Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:53 am

Guys, people are loving Kylo. Mental breakdown and deciding to burn everything to the ground is fantastic! It's not just the Resistance. It's everything that ever contributed toward war in the first place, probably even himself. This isn't Renperor. It's Kylo going rogue against both sides in a melodramatic rage and getting stopped by his uncle. And after all of that he makes the choice to let everyone go! He makes a selfless choice in the end. I'm so hyped!

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 6 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:54 am

@Ynqve wrote:Honestly, the breakdown could be great for his redemption. At that moment, he's probably questioning every decision he's ever made and is feeling all the feelings at the same time. I'm guessing that he's pissed at Snoke for manipulating him, pissed at Luke and Leia for giving up on him and pissed at Rey for turning him down. It's an epic temper tantrum, but I'm guessing he's going to calm down in IX and start sorting out his priorities.

Or he's going evulz. But that doesn't line up with the reactions.
@Ynqve
Seeing as it ends with him letting Rey go and staring up at her once last time while holding an artifact of his family it's a lot less serious than it sounds. Draamaaaa.
@MyOnlyHope wrote:Guys, people are loving Kylo. Mental breakdown and deciding to burn everything to the ground is fantastic! It's not just Resistance. It's everything that ever contributed toward war in the first place. This isn't Renperor. It's Kylo going rogue against both sides in a melodramatic rage and getting stopped by his uncle. And after all of that he make the choice to let everyone go! He makes a selfless choice in the end. I'm so hyped!

@MyOnlyHope
Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 6 Latest?cb=20110628233342
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:55 am

Hadn't seen this one before Laughing

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 6 Tumblr_p0u9n8yANH1qdfu1wo1_1280
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

Kylo saying he will destroy everything including her is him breaking and showing how deep his confliction runs. It also shows how important she is to him, as weird as that sounds. He singles her out; what she is doing to him. He is a wreck and he has it bad. He is in love but he can’t face the light, yet. When he becomes a man instead of this lost boy, that’s when he will be with Rey.

Last edited by Nimbus002 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:Guys, people are loving Kylo. Mental breakdown and deciding to burn everything to the ground is fantastic! It's not just the Resistance. It's everything that ever contributed toward war in the first place, probably even himself. This isn't Renperor. It's Kylo going rogue against both sides in a melodramatic rage and getting stopped by his uncle. And after all of that he make the choice to let everyone go! He makes a selfless choice in the end. I'm so hyped!
@MyOnlyHope

Wait, is Luke stopping him not because he's given up on him and thinks he's evil, but to prevent Kylo from doing something stupid that he can't undo? If so, Luke is actually redeeming himself for causing Kylo's fall. That's awesome.

Last edited by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

I'm gonna love the s*** out of this movie. I can tell, give me emotional Kylo - TFA tantrujm 10 x better. This movie will most definitely put Adam on the map for many doubters. Jumping Stereo
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

@ZephyrStrife wrote:Remember when we first saw the trailer and we were all, "Kylo looks like if Rey doesn't take his hand, he's going to break."

Welp, looks like he breaks. I'm sure Kylo Ren is as much heartbroken over Rey's rejection as Rey is heartbroken over Kylo's decision.

Angst. Angst. Angst.
@ZephyrStrife
I had this conversation with my sister a few weeks ago. We were talking about what could possibly happen that would make Kylo get "worse" (I say that lightly as he's going full rogue to end all wars with bad methods) and we came to the conclusion that the only thing with the potential to incite that would be Rey rejecting him. Oops.

Kylo's going full rogue like Sasuke. Martyr for the galaxy with f***ed methods.

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:58 am

@vaderito wrote:Can someone send me the link to subtitle leak?
@vaderito

https://pastebin.com/dRvyu1dE
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:59 am

Man this movie sounds sooooo dramatic lol. Rian Johnson gave Adam some reallyyyyyyyy juicy stuff to chew on acting wise. I can see now why people are reacting to Kylo the way they are.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:00 am

Kylo is not complete at all and he still has a lot of unresolved feelings and this is emphasized in his final scene. For Han Solo, for Luke, and for Rey. There's still much conflict that needs a clear resolution in him, and he's not some dark and determined emporer at the end of TLJ.

I still don't think any of this looks much good for him being redeemed and living. But I'm still holding onto my belief that they're not going to kill off the last Skywalker and have everything end so dark. Mostly I just wonder how they can pull it off and make it seem justified or believable considering all Kylo is done and will probably do in IX. But if the audience is coming out of this loving Kylo, it looks good for people not caring about the technicalities of all of Kylo's wrongs in the end.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:02 am

Reviews are coming in!
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:04 am

@ZioRen wrote:Kylo is not complete at all and he still has a lot of unresolved feelings and this is emphasized in his final scene. For Han Solo, for Luke, and for Rey. There's still much conflict that needs a clear resolution in him, and he's not some dark and determined emporer at the end of TLJ.

I still don't think any of this looks much good for him being redeemed and living. But I'm still holding onto my belief that they're not going to kill off the last Skywalker and have everything end so dark. Mostly I just wonder how they can pull it off and make it seem justified or believable considering all Kylo is done and will probably do in IX. But if the audience is coming out of this loving Kylo, it looks good for people not caring about the technicalities of all of Kylo's wrongs in the end.
@ZioRen
Considering what Rian got away with in this movie (and the fact that people are loving it) I'm not at all concerned. They're gutsier than we gave them credit for and the constraints everybody always imagined do not exist.

Can't wait for the unity.

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:07 am

@ZioRen wrote:Kylo is not complete at all and he still has a lot of unresolved feelings and this is emphasized in his final scene. For Han Solo, for Luke, and for Rey. There's still much conflict that needs a clear resolution in him, and he's not some dark and determined emporer at the end of TLJ.

@ZioRen

Maybe it will be a different kinda of redemption, much more comlex but going full ballistic on everyone sure makes his living chances less likely. Maybe this is the point, to show us that he's doomed only twist it around.

I can imagine only scenario with his death that would be satisfying. Kylo becoming one with force, seeing his family Anakin, Luke, Leia and Han in some emotional scene that Adam can provide.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:07 am

Looks like reviews are coming in. This one calls it the best SW movie since ESB.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:Looks like reviews are coming in. This one calls it the best SW movie since ESB.

@AppleCrumble122
Yep, every review I've seen so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Great sign!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:14 am

I'm almost mad the subtitles leaked- I started reading it because I expected it to be fake... I think reading it without seeing what's going on will ruin it - don't do it. be strong!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:16 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:Looks like reviews are coming in. This one calls it the best SW movie since ESB.

@AppleCrumble122
Yep, every review I've seen so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Great sign!
@FrolickingFizzgig

Have you seen Peter Bradshaw's review? He says "the Force might be used to channel erotic telepathy, and long-distance evil seduction." Made me lol!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-episode-viii-rian-johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:19 am

And Kylo's Dark Side journey continues, chock full of enough pain and pathos to make Anakin Skywalker's six-movie story look paper-thin by comparison.

The Last Jedi is Star Wars all grown up. It has a complexity and depth to it that the previous films have never quite reached. Star Wars has given us wicked villains and noble heroes, but writer-director Rian Johnson gets further under the skin of his stars to reveal hidden motives, divided loyalties and crippling uncertainties.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/review/a844982/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-spoiler-free/
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:22 am

@Night Huntress wrote:I'm almost mad the subtitles leaked- I started reading it because I expected it to be fake... I think reading it without seeing what's going on will ruin it - don't do it. be strong!
@Night Huntress

I read three sentences of Kylo’s “performance review” with Snoke and maybe 5 lines of Rey begging Luke to help then X’d out quick-like.

I originally only wanted to be spoiled on Rey’s parentage, if Reylo got good airtime and good scenes, and the identities of any Force ghosts. Blew right on past that limit for myself and read all the leaks, true and false, that came out. This, nope, not reading it. This will detract from the film for me majorly.

Him having an emotional breakdown/freak out of sorts at the end doesn’t really surprise me, though I’m not crazy about him talking like he’ll kill her. But it could be far worse. Anakin, pregnant wife, Force choke... Yeah. And I think this is just out of control emotion anyway, not a real intent to hurt her (but I haven’t read that dialogue, so maybe I’m wrong).
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:24 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:
And Kylo's Dark Side journey continues, chock full of enough pain and pathos to make Anakin Skywalker's six-movie story look paper-thin by comparison.

The Last Jedi is Star Wars all grown up. It has a complexity and depth to it that the previous films have never quite reached. Star Wars has given us wicked villains and noble heroes, but writer-director Rian Johnson gets further under the skin of his stars to reveal hidden motives, divided loyalties and crippling uncertainties.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/review/a844982/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review-spoiler-free/
@Kylo Rey

Kylo is on the path to be eve more of a tragic character than Anakin and that says something. His story is so messed up, no wonder he's a wreck.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:24 am

So it's not subtle AT ALL. What did you do, Reylo Johnson? Laughing Laughing Laughing
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ThereThere on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:26 am

I read the subtitles. There are two lines of dialogue (both actually in scenes that do not include Rey or Kylo) that make me feel more confident about Reylo getting some kind of a happy ending. I respect Rian as a screenwriter and I think these moments work on a thematic level to highlight where the story is going in the long run and what lessons the sequel trilogy will teach once the complete arc is presented to us.

Spoiler:

Leia: I held out hope for so long, but I know my son is gone.
Luke: No one's ever really gone.

and

Rose: (to Finn) I saved you, dummy. That's how we're going to win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love.

That Rose quote in particular really sings to me and seems like heavy foreshadowing for the role Rey will play in IX. It also ties together the resistance plot and the force plot in a really nice way.

If the PT was about the ways that corruption and thirst for power can destroy a once good man and the OT was about how important forgiveness is, I think the ST will be about how no one is ever hopeless or lost forever.
ThereThere
ThereThere
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:27 am

I just read the dialogue with Poe & Hugs- ahah Hux IYF - I thought just the first few dialogue leaked. When I realized OH SITH! it's EVERYTHING the whole movie. I quit immediately...that't too much even for me. Err no
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:30 am

I could have done without the last scene with the kids from the Canto Bight stables. I can already see antis latching onto that Rolling Eyes

But, seriously, I can't wait to watch Adam act the heck out of this movie. I'm not surprised the actors in the cast want to play this role Laughing Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:32 am

@ThereThere wrote:I read the subtitles. There are two lines of dialogue (both actually in scenes that do not include Rey or Kylo) that make me feel more confident about Reylo getting some kind of a happy ending. I respect Rian as a screenwriter and I think these moments work on a thematic level to highlight where the story is going in the long run and what lessons the sequel trilogy will teach once the complete arc is presented to us.

Spoiler:

Leia: I held out hope for so long, but I know my son is gone.
Luke: No one's ever really gone.

and

Rose: (to Finn) I saved you, dummy. That's how we're going to win. Not fighting what we hate. Saving what we love.

That Rose quote in particular really sings to me and seems like heavy foreshadowing for the role Rey will play in IX. It also ties together the resistance plot and the force plot in a really nice way.

If the PT was about the ways that corruption and thirst for power can destroy a once good man and the OT was about how important forgiveness is, I think the ST will be about how no one is ever hopeless or lost forever.
@ThereThere
Of course love is going to win in the end. It's flipping SW.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum