Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by BenRey on Tue 12 Dec - 6:40

I'm already annoyed at Damerey. That's the antis last hope.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by whisperingwillow on Tue 12 Dec - 6:41

@asterism wrote:Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong but from spoilers I'm gathering Kylo never makes it to Ahch-To? Has that been confirmed? I'm honestly shocked if that's true. Adam went to Ireland for filming and MSW reported that Kylo's ship crashes and fight scenes were filmed involving him. MSW are pretty reliable so I don't get it.

Also, reviewers seemed to imply Rey and Kylo spend lots of time together? Are most of their scenes together happening through the force bond?
@asterism

IIRC MSW backtracked a lot of that story and based on what we now know he is there through the force pretty much.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 6:42

@MyOnlyHope wrote:Can I just point out something else I never expected to see in this movie? Reylo Johnson made Reylo FUNNY. I can't. He gives zero *****. This is the funniest family drama I've ever heard of, and I'm freaking dying.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Tumblr_nwax1r8iFS1tq4of6o1_250
@MyOnlyHope

Only the shirtless scene or more?

I'm so scared of SkyMom (Kylo's baby mama). I'm scared of Kylo dying and I'm scared of SkyMom. What should I do?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec - 6:45

@BenRey wrote:I'm already annoyed at Damerey. That's the antis last hope.
@BenRey

Right? It's romance for romance's sake, it's so much better have her end the trilogy as a single lady if Reylo sinks.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 12 Dec - 6:47

@vaderito I think we should be scared of Kylo dying - Noble End or something like this. Skymama is unlikely.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 6:48

@Ynqve wrote:
@BenRey

Right? It's romance for romance's sake, it's so much better have her end the trilogy as a single lady if Reylo sinks.
@Ynqve

Guys, I'm telling you, SkyMom is the enemy. Damerey has no dramatic value. They don't pair people up randomly. If there's a romantic threat to reylo that's Skymom.

@special_cases I don't want my Skywalkers to die out! I want my SoloSkys to go on.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Tue 12 Dec - 6:51

@vaderito wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@BenRey

@Ynqve

Guys, I'm telling you, SkyMom is the enemy. Damerey has no dramatic value. They don't pair people up randomly. If there's a romantic threat to reylo that's Skymom.
@vaderito

Nah, Skymom would be the most insulting, ridiculous thing ever. It's bad enough that they basically reduced Padmé to be a walking womb in RotS, Skymom's only purpose would be to breed. Doesn't work with Kathleen Kennedy's vision for a more inclusive, modern saga.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Tue 12 Dec - 6:51

LOL Rey IS Skymom. Please, guys. Kylo is the last and only Skywalker progeny. If they ever want to make these movies again (which I'm sure they will for the next generation), then Reylo's getting a happy ending. It IS the conflict! It IS the story.

Did you guys read that one review? It's freaking hilarious. Guy calls it a rom-com in parts. Rey and Kylo are so angsty it's funny.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 12 Dec - 6:51

@vaderito wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@BenRey

@Ynqve

@special_cases I don't want my Skywalkers to die out!
@vaderito

I agree with you....skymom could definitely be more of a threat than finnrey or damerey combined. I have been particularly nervous after that Russian journalist visiting the film set talked about the grave with a small animal's remains in it. It raised alarm bells in my head about skymom, faked death and kidnapped baby....the leaks give me hope that will not be the case though.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 6:56

@MyOnlyHope wrote:LOL Rey IS Skymom. Please, guys. Kylo is the last and only Skywalker progeny. If they ever want to make these movies again (which I'm sure they will for the next generation), then Reylo's getting a happy ending. It IS the conflict! It IS the story.

Did you guys read that one review? It's freaking hilarious. Guy calls it a rom-com in parts. Rey and Kylo are so angsty it's funny.
@MyOnlyHope

Or maybe the Broomboy is Kylo's son. I can't wait for speculation to start. lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec - 7:00

@panki wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@BenRey

@Ynqve

@vaderito

I agree with you....skymom could definitely be more of a threat than finnrey or damerey combined. I have been particularly nervous after that Russian journalist visiting the film set talked about the grave with a small animal's remains in it. It raised alarm bells in my head about skymom, faked death and kidnapped baby....the leaks give me hope that will not be the case though.
@panki
Wtf guys, there will be no "Skymom". Rey is the main character??? She's not getting jilted. She's going to be right in the end. She's going to triumph. Random Skymoms in IX = how writing does not work. Don't let your random anxieties get the better of you. These concerns make zero sense and you know it. Rolling Eyes
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 12 Dec - 7:02

There is no need to stress out. Although I am a bit surprised they went with Renperor, it just ups the stakes for 9.

The spoilers make it absolutely clear that Kylo and Rey become the protagonists in this film, and it sounds like the dramatic core of the next film will be based on Kylo's choice to become Renperor rather than be what Rey hoped. (His choice is consistent with his character, IMHO. Suffering and masochism in pursuit of an abstract ideal.)

There is no other story for 9 but the resolution to that Reylo tension. Luke, Han, and Leia are gone.

They will not break apart at the end of The Last Jedi without that core relationship being solved in 9. The fact that Kylo was not on Ach-To is probably an improvement, because they come to know each other without having to live with the reality of the other--more to develop in 9, with humorous potential.

I am especially intrigued by that one Twitter post that said Kylo's perception is the correct one.

I think I suggested when I was a regular poster that Kylo is the ultimate protagonist. TFA was Rey's film. TLJ is shared. What if 9 is Kylo-focused?
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 7:05

@Frolickingfizzgig I just think that fretting over Skymom is a poetic justice cause now Skymom has a different meaning ah ha ha. I like to think I'm very clever here. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 12 Dec - 7:09

* That is, Leia is gone unless TPTB had shot footage for 8, but then rewrite it into 9 after Carrie passed away. If I owned this property and it was at all dramatically possible (ie I had a filmed Kylo/Leia scene), that's what I'd do.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 12 Dec - 7:10

I am especially intrigued by that one Twitter post that said Kylo's perception is the correct one.

@AnneNeville Me too. But it seems he was annoyed that they didn't make it clearer. Like regular viewers see Kylo as evil because he is in "evil" position.

I think one of the leakers hinted that Luke is mocking and baiting Kylo on Crait like Luke is without remorse.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec - 7:12

@special_cases wrote:

@AnneNeville Me too. But it seems he was annoyed that they didn't make it clearer. Like regular viewers see Kylo as evil because he is in "evil" position.

I think one of the leakers hinted that Luke is mocking and baiting Kylo on Crait like Luke is without remorse.
@special_cases
It's not going to play out like this. Fanboy bias is messing with their ability to understand what they're actually watching. Mark my words. They didn't understand TFA and certain things are going to fly right over their heads again this time around.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Dec - 7:12

And now this tweet from Rian in October using West Side Story's star crossed lovers to market for the trailer release makes more sense. It's what we've predicted all along.

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/917407438210400257?lang=en
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 12 Dec - 7:12

After reading the excerpt from that comic book where Leia hopes her granddaughter will wear Padme's dresses, I want the granddaughter to happen! I want to believe it's a foreshadowing not just a throwaway reference. But then, Aftermath books were such a waste in that regard. We thought things were going to be spoilers and they weren't.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Tue 12 Dec - 7:13

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@special_cases wrote:

@special_cases
It's not going to play out like this. Fanboy bias is messing with their ability to understand what they're actually watching. Mark my words. They didn't understand TFA and certain things are going to fly right over their heads again this time around.
@FrolickingFizzgig

That's without doubt! Evil or Very Mad

@SheLitAFire wrote:And now this tweet from Rian in October using West Side Story's star crossed lovers to market for the trailer release makes more sense. It's what we've predicted all along.

@SheLitAFire

All of this is a little surreal lol! Can't believe that we are only one "fraction" which got it right.

Last edited by special_cases on Tue 12 Dec - 7:18; edited 1 time in total
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 7:18

@MyOnlyHope wrote:LOL Rey IS Skymom. Please, guys. Kylo is the last and only Skywalker progeny. If they ever want to make these movies again (which I'm sure they will for the next generation), then Reylo's getting a happy ending. It IS the conflict! It IS the story.

@MyOnlyHope

We have to count on this possiblity of no more Skywalker. No matter how weird that sounds. Also, there is a possibility of Kylo being father and dying, while Rey raises the child. Kylo is not gonna get easy and happy ending route here, he'll be miserable one way or the other. He could even end up more machine than a man. We have to count on these possibilities too, not dismissing them.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 12 Dec - 7:20

@special_cases wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:And now this tweet from Rian in October using West Side Story's star crossed lovers to market for the trailer release makes more sense. It's what we've predicted all along.

@SheLitAFire

All of this is a little surreal lol! Can't believe that we are only one "fraction" which got it right.
@special_cases

I can. Thumbs up We have analyzed so much. We have remained open minded to many possible scenarios, even ones that make us uncomfortable, sad, or nervous. We have each had to assess our personal headcanons. But the point is, WE HAVE done those things. We've approached this with equal parts intellect and emotion.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 12 Dec - 7:20

I'm also piqued by the reported line from Kylo that she's nobody in this story, but she's somebody to him. That suggests he has a ways to go--after all, she is not "nobody." She is "somebody."

This reminds me of Darcy's first proposal. I understand what Kylo means, but his words reveal he's somewhat stunted, to say the least. His offer to rule together can also compare to Rochester's invitation for Jane to be his mistress. Caught up in his own love and passion, he miscalculates his love interest and offers a solution that would have never suited her. He needs to learn how to love her properly, which is not selfishly.

I really didn't expect them to go all in on the romance.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 12 Dec - 7:22

@AnneNeville wrote:I'm also piqued by the reported line from Kylo that she's nobody in this story, but she's somebody to him. That suggests he has a ways to go--after all, she is not "nobody." She is "somebody."

This reminds me of Darcy's first proposal. I understand what Kylo means, but his words reveal he's somewhat stunted, to say the least. His offer to rule together can also compare to Rochester's invitation for Jane to be his mistress. Caught up in his own love and passion, he miscalculates his love interest and offers a solution that would have never suited her. He needs to learn how to love her properly, which is not selfishly.

I really didn't expect them to go all in on the romance.
@AnneNeville
Considering the fact that Rian went in wanting to tell even more of a romance I'm really excited to see the concept art for this movie. I'm guessing it's going to be a book full of Reylo fanart.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 12 Dec - 7:24

@panki wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@Ynqve wrote:
@BenRey

@Ynqve

@vaderito

@panki

I must have missed it. Like, Kylo has a child somewhere? I don't think he ever had relationship like that the way Snoke orgainized his life. Also, according to one leaker, Kylo seems to not giving up on Rey. Means he has no interest in others.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville on Tue 12 Dec - 7:24

@special_cases wrote:

@special_cases

We are the faction that got it right because despite anti's projection, we were actually analyzing the story set up in TFA, not inventing fantasies.

AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum