Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by californiagirl on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:02 pm

@rey09 It was filmed on Saturday, but airs today. Some awards shows aren't live. I think it's because many of the awards ceremonies are on Sunday night, but it was Father's Day, so awkward scheduling for all concerned.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1450
Likes : 7005
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by rey09 on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:04 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@rey09 It was filmed on Saturday, but airs today. Some awards shows aren't live. I think it's because many of the awards ceremonies are on Sunday night, but it was Father's Day, so awkward scheduling for all concerned.
@californiagirl

oo ok
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 7191
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by californiagirl on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 12:13 pm

Looks like Adam did get nominated for Best Villain in the Teen Choice Awards after all, and also Choice Hissy Fit, as with TFA. Because of course. Is that for the helmet smashing, or Crait?

Also Kelly is in the breakout movie star category.  Very Happy

Plus Solo, and Alden, Donald Glover, and Emilia Clarke, are in summer movie categories. Nice to see a little more positive recognition for a movie that was supposedly this colossal embarrassment for LF.

Plus the earlier noms in the fantasy movie categories. Quite a bit of representation for 2 SW films.

Both this and the MTV Awards have multiple waves of nominees, which I didn't even know was a thing until this year. I find this trend strange. They really do have a ton of categories though, perhaps it would be overwhelming to announce them all at once.

I know some of these shows are fluff, but they do bring attention to the movies in question. Besides which, most SW films are basically YA stories, they are basically aimed at teens and younger.

The actual official page with the nominees refuses to load, so I originally put up a different website, Broadway World, but edit: found a better-looking site.

https://www.moviefone.com/2018/06/22/teen-choice-awards-2018-heres-the-full-list-of-nominations/

Also Wikipedia for the earlier wave. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Teen_Choice_Awards
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1450
Likes : 7005
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by Riri on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 12:37 pm

@californiagirl

Thaanks! Heres the link where you can vote

https://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

FYI the movieships category is full of canon ships, Reylos are coming for them in 2 years Wink

Ps - I nominated Adam for the helmet crashing scene for #HissyFit lol

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 736
Likes : 5216
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by Atenais on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 9:49 pm

@Riri wrote:@californiagirl

Thaanks! Heres the link where you can vote

https://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

FYI the movieships category is full of canon ships, Reylos are coming for them in 2 years Wink

Ps - I nominated Adam for the helmet crashing scene for #HissyFit lol
@Riri

Voted! Thanks for sharing! Wink
Atenais
Atenais
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 424
Likes : 1924
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : Brazil

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by californiagirl on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 1:29 am

From the Saturn Awards. For those who don't know, it's the sci-fi/fantasy/horror awards show, voted on by its own academy since the early 1970s. It's kind of expanded into other genres as well. It benefits the types of movies and shows that don't get represented well, or at all, in other major awards shows like the Oscars, Globes, critics' awards, etc.

Rian got Best Screenplay.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Scree251

Mark got Best Actor. I've noticed Rian's gotten a little more forthright and troll-y on social media as of late, much like Mark himself.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Screen71

TLJ also got Best Editing. And Rebels got Best Animated Series.

SW normally sweeps in these awards (TLJ had 13 noms), but there was stiff competition this year, and really nobody dominated (Even Black Panther had 14 noms but won 5 awards). I'm impressed that there seemed to be room for everyone (Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Beauty & the Beast, Blade Runner 2049).
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1450
Likes : 7005
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 7:53 pm

@californiagirl wrote:From the Saturn Awards. For those who don't know, it's the sci-fi/fantasy/horror awards show, voted on by its own academy since the early 1970s. It's kind of expanded into other genres as well. It benefits the types of movies and shows that don't get represented well, or at all, in other major awards shows like the Oscars, Globes, critics' awards, etc.

Rian got Best Screenplay.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Scree251

Mark got Best Actor. I've noticed Rian's gotten a little more forthright and troll-y on social media as of late, much like Mark himself.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Screen71

TLJ also got Best Editing. And Rebels got Best Animated Series.

SW normally sweeps in these awards (TLJ had 13 noms), but there was stiff competition this year, and really nobody dominated (Even Black Panther had 14 noms but won 5 awards). I'm impressed that there seemed to be room for everyone (Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Beauty & the Beast, Blade Runner 2049).
@californiagirl

I'm soooo happy for Rian, well deserved! I wish he was coming back for IX, would have loved to see him direct Adam again and pull another great performance from him. I just want to see them do another movie together again (whether SW or not) as they were a dynamite combo. No doubt he'll be at Celebration next year, I would love to see a reunion with the cast there as they'll all probably be present. Maybe have a TLJ Q & A or something.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1381
Likes : 10989
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 23
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by Darth Rowan on Sat 22 Dec 2018, 12:05 pm

New SW article by Scott Mendelson at Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/12/20/last-jedi-episode-ix-star-wars-box-office-disney-rey-kylo-leia-luke/#600631a83134
Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Scree109
Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Scree110

First off, I like that he called the ST the Rey/Kylo trilogy. You know what that means. REYLO. Twisted Evil

Aside from giving us a convenient timeline for LF marketing trends, this article is an interesting analysis of how controversial second installments did or did not affect the third chapter in a trilogy, i.e., The Matrix Revolutions hurting The Matrix Reloaded vs Quantum of Solace--the (imo justly) reviled second Daniel Craig Bond movie-- not hurting Skyfall in the least.

Mendelson says that the OT and PT followed the same box office trend of highest grossing first movie, dip in the second movie, and strong finish with a high grossing third movie. TFA earned 973 million domestically and 2billion worldwide. TLJ earned 620 million domestically and 1.3b worldwide. Following the OT and PT pattern, Mendelson expects Episode IX will earn around 700 million domestically. Aside from this being the natural order of things when it comes to SW trilogies, he believes that LF amping the angle of "this is the end of the Skywalker story!" will drive even disgruntled fans out to the theater.

He speculates that if TLJ really hurt the franchise we'll be able to tell in the total box office gross of Episode IX. But as someone who doesn't get how storytelling in SW works (sorry, not sorry) he says that it's also possible that The Last Jedi was such a stunning masterpiece that it provided people with a satisfying natural conclusion to the Skywalker saga so they won't feel the need to even bother with Episode IX because we already know how it ends: Kylo is evil, Rey is good, all the OT heroes dead. He compares TLJ to The Godfather II rendering The Godfather III unnecessary.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Hold-o10

Again, this dude needs to take a storytelling 101 refresher course or otherwise he should stick to crunching numbers, imo. Anyway. That's the only cringe bit in an otherwise good article; I recommend the read!

_________________
"We'll see."
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 3733
Likes : 11211
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Sat 22 Dec 2018, 6:36 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:New SW article by Scott Mendelson at Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/12/20/last-jedi-episode-ix-star-wars-box-office-disney-rey-kylo-leia-luke/#600631a83134
Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Scree109
Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Scree110

First off, I like that he called the ST the Rey/Kylo trilogy. You know what that means. REYLO. Twisted Evil

Aside from giving us a convenient timeline for LF marketing trends, this article is an interesting analysis of how controversial second installments did or did not affect the third chapter in a trilogy, i.e., The Matrix Revolutions hurting The Matrix Reloaded vs Quantum of Solace--the (imo justly) reviled second Daniel Craig Bond movie-- not hurting Skyfall in the least.

Mendelson says that the OT and PT followed the same box office trend of highest grossing first movie, dip in the second movie, and strong finish with a high grossing third movie. TFA earned 973 million domestically and 2billion worldwide. TLJ earned 620 million domestically and 1.3b worldwide. Following the OT and PT pattern, Mendelson expects Episode IX will earn around 700 million domestically. Aside from this being the natural order of things when it comes to SW trilogies, he believes that LF amping the angle of "this is the end of the Skywalker story!" will drive even disgruntled fans out to the theater.

He speculates that if TLJ really hurt the franchise we'll be able to tell in the total box office gross of Episode IX. But as someone who doesn't get how storytelling in SW works (sorry, not sorry) he says that it's also possible that The Last Jedi was such a stunning masterpiece that it provided people with a satisfying natural conclusion to the Skywalker saga so they won't feel the need to even bother with Episode IX because we already know how it ends: Kylo is evil, Rey is good, all the OT heroes dead. He compares TLJ to The Godfather II rendering The Godfather III unnecessary.

Sequel Trilogy: Box Office and Awards Discussion - Page 6 Hold-o10

Again, this dude needs to take a storytelling 101 refresher course or otherwise he should stick to crunching numbers, imo. Anyway. That's the only cringe bit in an otherwise good article; I recommend the read!
@Darth Rowan

When he indicated TLJ is lustful, and called this the Reylo trilogy, I thought he finally got it. - the storytelling reason for the ST. Maybe he has friends who are antis, and they dissuaded him - caused doubt, hence that silly mention. lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 687
Likes : 1939
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum