The Last Jedi: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi: Box Office and Awards Discussion

Post by californiagirl on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:02 pm

@rey09 It was filmed on Saturday, but airs today. Some awards shows aren't live. I think it's because many of the awards ceremonies are on Sunday night, but it was Father's Day, so awkward scheduling for all concerned.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:04 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@rey09 It was filmed on Saturday, but airs today. Some awards shows aren't live. I think it's because many of the awards ceremonies are on Sunday night, but it was Father's Day, so awkward scheduling for all concerned.
@californiagirl

oo ok
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 12:13 pm

Looks like Adam did get nominated for Best Villain in the Teen Choice Awards after all, and also Choice Hissy Fit, as with TFA. Because of course. Is that for the helmet smashing, or Crait?

Also Kelly is in the breakout movie star category.  Very Happy

Plus Solo, and Alden, Donald Glover, and Emilia Clarke, are in summer movie categories. Nice to see a little more positive recognition for a movie that was supposedly this colossal embarrassment for LF.

Plus the earlier noms in the fantasy movie categories. Quite a bit of representation for 2 SW films.

Both this and the MTV Awards have multiple waves of nominees, which I didn't even know was a thing until this year. I find this trend strange. They really do have a ton of categories though, perhaps it would be overwhelming to announce them all at once.

I know some of these shows are fluff, but they do bring attention to the movies in question. Besides which, most SW films are basically YA stories, they are basically aimed at teens and younger.

The actual official page with the nominees refuses to load, so I originally put up a different website, Broadway World, but edit: found a better-looking site.

https://www.moviefone.com/2018/06/22/teen-choice-awards-2018-heres-the-full-list-of-nominations/

Also Wikipedia for the earlier wave. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Teen_Choice_Awards
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 12:37 pm

@californiagirl

Thaanks! Heres the link where you can vote

https://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

FYI the movieships category is full of canon ships, Reylos are coming for them in 2 years Wink

Ps - I nominated Adam for the helmet crashing scene for #HissyFit lol

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 9:49 pm

@Riri wrote:@californiagirl

Thaanks! Heres the link where you can vote

https://teenchoice.votenow.tv/

FYI the movieships category is full of canon ships, Reylos are coming for them in 2 years Wink

Ps - I nominated Adam for the helmet crashing scene for #HissyFit lol
@Riri

Voted! Thanks for sharing! Wink
Atenais
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 1:29 am

From the Saturn Awards. For those who don't know, it's the sci-fi/fantasy/horror awards show, voted on by its own academy since the early 1970s. It's kind of expanded into other genres as well. It benefits the types of movies and shows that don't get represented well, or at all, in other major awards shows like the Oscars, Globes, critics' awards, etc.

Rian got Best Screenplay.

Mark got Best Actor. I've noticed Rian's gotten a little more forthright and troll-y on social media as of late, much like Mark himself.

TLJ also got Best Editing. And Rebels got Best Animated Series.

SW normally sweeps in these awards (TLJ had 13 noms), but there was stiff competition this year, and really nobody dominated (Even Black Panther had 14 noms but won 5 awards). I'm impressed that there seemed to be room for everyone (Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Beauty & the Beast, Blade Runner 2049).
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 7:53 pm

@californiagirl wrote:From the Saturn Awards. For those who don't know, it's the sci-fi/fantasy/horror awards show, voted on by its own academy since the early 1970s. It's kind of expanded into other genres as well. It benefits the types of movies and shows that don't get represented well, or at all, in other major awards shows like the Oscars, Globes, critics' awards, etc.

Rian got Best Screenplay.

Mark got Best Actor. I've noticed Rian's gotten a little more forthright and troll-y on social media as of late, much like Mark himself.

TLJ also got Best Editing. And Rebels got Best Animated Series.

SW normally sweeps in these awards (TLJ had 13 noms), but there was stiff competition this year, and really nobody dominated (Even Black Panther had 14 noms but won 5 awards). I'm impressed that there seemed to be room for everyone (Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Beauty & the Beast, Blade Runner 2049).
@californiagirl

I'm soooo happy for Rian, well deserved! I wish he was coming back for IX, would have loved to see him direct Adam again and pull another great performance from him. I just want to see them do another movie together again (whether SW or not) as they were a dynamite combo. No doubt he'll be at Celebration next year, I would love to see a reunion with the cast there as they'll all probably be present. Maybe have a TLJ Q & A or something.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum