Predictions for Episode 9

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by panki on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:12 am

@Kylo Men wrote:I'm just saying, if you really want to get the girl back, you can't be sitting there and Force-calling her every day. She's just going to think you're stuck on her and put more and more demands on you and delay a decision in case something better comes around. You got to make her worry that she's not really that big of a deal to you. And you gotta make her jealous.

I think the real key one is: Get a hotter Force-sensitive girlfriend. And brunettes have that inferiority complex. So make it a blonde or a redhead, if possible. Like Zoey Deutch or Anya Taylor-Joy. Or Alexandra Daddario. OR Margot Robbie. Oh yes! Kylo Ren can force-train Margot Robbie.

"Yeah, no, I'm just hangin' out. Margot's over here. I'm just showing her a little footwork technique ... How are you?"
@Kylo Men

This reminds me of a couple of things- the Art of TFA book had a sequence of a jedi man being seduced by a sexy female, and then there were old rumors about an actress named Bridgette H Sorensen being cast as a femlae KOR (the actress denied she was in episode 8 ).

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 5 Birgitte-borgen_2461017b

Maybe that was a direction they considered but decided not to take, but it is also possible that Kylo might be under pressure to marry some KOR or FO girl in episode 9 and Rey gets jealous? It might be just the thing to make her renew the force bond.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:18 am

@panki:

I hope not- somehow it would cheapen their relationship or Rey's motivation to seek him out. I hate when they do that in those young adult romances and I will loathe it if they do this in Star Wars...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:22 am

@Night Huntress wrote:@panki:

I hope not- somehow it would cheapen their relationship or Rey's motivation to seek him out. I hate when they do that in those young adult romances and I will loathe it if they do this in Star Wars...
@Night Huntress

It's a usual strategy and not a very good one. There will be some period and we'll have to jump in time few years. In a few years time a lot of things can change. Not a fan, don't think it will happen but you know movies turned out sometimes.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:24 am

@Night Huntress

I'm not saying I like the idea at all... I'm just trying to look at options based on what little information we have....its just speculation.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:43 am

@panki wrote:

@Night Huntress

I'm not saying I like the idea at all... I'm just trying to look at options based on what little information we have....its just speculation.
@panki

I'm still recovering from all the speculations we made about TLJ and you already speculate something awful for IX Laughing Laughing Laughing
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:46 am

@Rimfaxe96

But we already got our Sexy Lady Scene in TLJ! it wasn't a lady tho.

Shirtless Kylo was this trilogy's Golden bikini!

Although I wouldn't complain if they dolled up Rey for Ep 9
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:32 pm

After their Anidala style space wedding, they become farmers on a remote planet -- the simple life away from war and violence.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:09 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:@Rimfaxe96

@Rei of Sunshine

I'm starting to believe that this trilogy is the "Kylo Ren Strip Tease" trilogy. In TFA he removed his helmet for Rey. In TLJ he willingly takes his glove off to feel her hand and she sees him with his shirt off. I may not make it in the theater if that boy removes anymore clothing for her in Episode 9! lol!
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:22 pm

Besides the whole Reylo thing happening eventually, I have absolutely no freakin clue where this story is gonna go!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:44 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:Besides the whole Reylo thing happening eventually, I have absolutely no freakin clue where this story is gonna go!
@Little_Boots

EVERYBODY WILL DIE AFTER EATING AN OMELETTE WITH POISONOUS MUSHROOMS!!!
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Little_Boots wrote:Besides the whole Reylo thing happening eventually, I have absolutely no freakin clue where this story is gonna go!
@Little_Boots

@Maria Antonietta

LMAO you mad thing! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 2:57 pm

@Little_Boots wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Maria Antonietta

LMAO you mad thing! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
@Little_Boots

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 5 68382810
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 3:25 pm

@Rei of Sunshine

But Kylo is reverse-Anakin, and Anakin had his body-show-off-moment too. Checked off the to-do-list! Very Happy

Obviously Padmé was always gonna have the most styled-up-moments because she starts off as Queen, but there should be one dolled-up-moment for Rey too. Maybe related to circumstances somehow, Leia wouldn't have been wearing her bikini if it wasn't for her captivity. Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 5:08 pm

I think episode 9 is headed for a big remake of ROTJ but rey and ren have this continued force bond. Like it's just gonna be about the first order vs resistance, which *yawn* we've seen before. Resistance will find new planets, FO will continue to chase and destroy blah blah.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

@panki wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:I'm just saying, if you really want to get the girl back, you can't be sitting there and Force-calling her every day. She's just going to think you're stuck on her and put more and more demands on you and delay a decision in case something better comes around. You got to make her worry that she's not really that big of a deal to you. And you gotta make her jealous.

I think the real key one is: Get a hotter Force-sensitive girlfriend. And brunettes have that inferiority complex. So make it a blonde or a redhead, if possible. Like Zoey Deutch or Anya Taylor-Joy. Or Alexandra Daddario. OR Margot Robbie. Oh yes! Kylo Ren can force-train Margot Robbie.

"Yeah, no, I'm just hangin' out. Margot's over here. I'm just showing her a little footwork technique ... How are you?"
@Kylo Men

This reminds me of a couple of things- the Art of TFA book had a sequence of a jedi man being seduced by a sexy female, and then there were old rumors about an actress named Bridgette H Sorensen being cast as a femlae KOR (the actress denied she was in episode 8 ).

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 5 Birgitte-borgen_2461017b

Maybe that was a direction they considered but decided not to take, but it is also possible that Kylo might be under pressure to marry some KOR or FO girl in episode 9 and Rey gets jealous? It might be just the thing to make her renew the force bond.
@panki

I can see where that might be appealing. Smile

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:16 pm

@thescavenger wrote:Across the Stars came up when I was driving home from the theatre, so here is my only prediction/hope for IX:

- I NEED THE MOST EPIC LOVE THEME FOR THESE TWO
@thescavenger

Yes for now the Force Theme is their love theme.

My head canon: there is a slight time jump, a year. Rey and Kylo are doing their thing and Kylo keeps trying to call Rey through the Force and she does not answer.
Then this is where Leia's death may come into play- Leia dies and Rey feels Kylo's heartbreak through the Force. And SHE calls HIM though the Force, and he answers. And she says, You are not alone.

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:52 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@thescavenger wrote:Across the Stars came up when I was driving home from the theatre, so here is my only prediction/hope for IX:

@thescavenger

My head canon: there is a slight time jump, a year. Rey and Kylo are doing their thing and Kylo keeps trying to call Rey through the Force and she does not answer.
Then this is where Leia's death may come into play- Leia dies and Rey feels Kylo's heartbreak through the Force. And SHE calls HIM though the Force, and he answers. And she says, You are not alone.

@ReyofLightSide I was actually thinking this too! I think when Leia dies she will try to contact Kylo but I think as usual he will be in denial about it. But it is a great way to completely tip him over.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 8:54 pm

@Rei of Sunshine

That kind of reminds me of how Rey changed her clothes to go meet Kylo, or should I say, Ben...Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:11 pm

Do we dare talk about what the Ep 9 title will be?
Will it finish this sentence: The force awakens the last Jedi

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:15 pm

@panki wrote:

This reminds me of a couple of things- the Art of TFA book had a sequence of a jedi man being seduced by a sexy female.
@panki
I believe that was Talon from GL's original treatment? And she eventually merged into the Jedi Killer who became Kylo Ren, part of the reason why I've felt a romance between the 'Jedi' & 'dark sider' was always in the cards for the ST....
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by thescavenger on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:26 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@thescavenger

@ReyofLightSide I was actually thinking this too! I think when Leia dies she will try to contact Kylo but I think as usual he will be in denial about it. But it is a great way to completely tip him over.
@rey09

I would love that. Maybe Rey continues to block Ben's attempts to contact her through the force bond. But then after Leia's death, they'll be pulled to comfort each other more than ever.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 1:54 am

@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@thescavenger

@ReyofLightSide

She shut off the connection, Kylo knows it and heartbroken accepted it. If Kylo will still be inning after her, it would be no different than in the previous films. I think he'llbe bitter with a sense of pride of being hurt, because she bertrayed him in his own mind. He gave her everything from his point of view, she refused and tried to grab a lightsaber. Knowing how dangerous she is, what Luke did to him. He's hurt, combine that with hatred for established things like the Sith, the Jedi, Rebels, Snoke's FO.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:23 am

Okay, here goes. This will be a bit of a disjointed stream-of-consciousness. Sorry about that.

I find it hilarious that some people (not here, obvs) are convinced Reylo is over now because Reylo was just Rey's Dark Side test, she resisted the temptation of the hot Dark Side hunk, and she can now go on to become an independent Jedi womyn who needs no man. LMAO. It astounds me that people actually think they'd waste the second chapter of the trilogy on a preachy and unnecessary morality lesson: "Girls, don't go where your hormones lead you! You might get horny for a hot bad boy with astounding pecs and abs, but don't go there!" Not to mention that the Reylo dynamic in TLJ wasn't even set up as a carnal temptation (pecs notwithstanding). It was vulnerable and yearning on both sides.

If that were really the case, then this trilogy would indeed have absolutely no point, no narrative framework, nothing to make it cohesive. It would be just flip-flopping in a desperate effort to come up with some kind of a plot. Rey was never set up as someone who needs to learn how to become an independent woman. She was set up as someone lonely trying to find belonging, on which journey she will of course have to find herself too. Had they even set up a viable alternative in TLJ... but they didn't. Rey's new status as the Resistance's new Jedi hope (well, not even new, is it? it's exactly what she was at the end of TFA) was established in the most perfunctory manner possible. She got a couple of perfunctory lessons and Luke's arc wasn't even about her. The film didn't bother to properly establish two competing paths for her to choose from. Instead, her arc in TLJ was 100% the middle chapter in a romance.

As @snufkin and I discussed yesterday, Rey was left in exactly the same place as Jane Eyre after Rochester pulls his "sh*t, I may be married and all, but you're still staying with me!" meltdown and demands her to make a moral compromise that she's unable to make, though it breaks her heart.

It also explains why she's something of a "Mary Sue" (much as I hate the term): because her journey isn't to overcome obstacles to become the hero she is meant to be. Instead, her journey is to overcome the obstacles to the romantic fulfillment that is meant to be. I had high hopes for the "raw powah" and how Rey and Kylo's intertwined destinies would be about some hitherto unseen thing that's "so much bigger", because that would have been such a unique and interesting way to tell a story that has a romantic and epic strand unfolding side by side. I'm still a little bitter about that, tbh...

But ultimately, looking back at the two films, the core of Rey's journey turned out to be 100% romance with a side-dish of heroic Jedi posturing. In hindsight, her awakening was for her to be the light to Ben's dark, the Force led her to Ben's father's ship and to Ben's father, Ben's lightsaber (as confirmed in TLJ) called to her and showed her a vision that was mostly about Ben, the story built up to her meeting Ben in a lush forest which ended with Ben bridal carrying her, she had tension-filled scenes with Ben, and the climax of her story happened with Ben. Then it looks like the story is turning over a new leaf and Rey is going to learn about her heroic destiny with Luke Skywalker...

... but no. Instead, Ahch-To is the place where she learns more about Ben and deepens her relationship with Ben. She fights Luke over Ben, leaves for Ben, has tension-filled interactions with Ben, pins her hopes on Ben, fights alongside Ben and discovers how great they would be together, until Ben disappoints her and breaks her heart by going down a path she can't follow. Their parting is the emotional climax of Rey's story. After that, she only makes perfunctory appearances like shooting on the Falcon and lifting rocks that have nothing to do with the Ben-Luke side climax of the story. Then she repeats her parting with Ben for the benefit of Ben's emotional development. Byronic Ben is a sad boy.

You know, whenever I used to talk about Jane Eyre as an example how a romance can be a complete heroine's journey, I didn't actually expect Rey's story to be a pure romance. But it's obvious to me now that it's a romance, beat-for-beat, with some girl power thrown in. And without, unfortunately, the depth and self-actualisation of Jane Eyre.

It doesn't help that TLJ made it clear to me that Ben Solo is actually the main character of this trilogy. He was in disguise in TFA, but that was a bait-and-switch. We're now 2/3 into the story and so far everything has been about Ben. Han's arc was about Ben, Luke's arc was about Ben, Rey's arc has been about Ben.

The climax of Rey's story thus far is pulling a Padmé in the Throne Room. Ben's climax is killing Snoke, making the tragic mistake of becoming Renperor, and realising he's lost everything he loves. There's really no comparison in complexity between the two.

There's literally no satisfying way to tell this story so that it goes from hatred to compassion and romantic/sexual attraction back to hatred until Rey climactically kills Ben in IX. Ben's story could of course be a bleak tragedy in which he ends up destroying himself with no interference on Rey's part. I mean, that would be a horrible story to tell in Star Wars and be a complete betrayal of the sympathy-inducing parts of Ben's characterisation, but hey, whatever. That would also mean that the main story has nothing to do with the trilogy's supposed main heroine.

So how can I see it going? Well, @vaderito made a great breakdown of the phases in a romance in the Romance thread. Right now I'm seeing this through a Jane Eyre lens with Ben as Mr Renchester, and there are a couple of elements I would expect from IX.

- Dark night of the soul. Rey hasn't really had one yet. Not really. I think IX needs to establish more reasons for her to sympathise with Ben Solo, more reason to CARE, to show us there was a Ben Solo she mourns but feels hopelessly lost to her now. The sky being the limit with the Force bond and Forcebacks and other possibilities, they can really do anything. As long as they make us care and make us see why Rey cares.

- Heroine comes into her own, but realises something is still missing. She has friends. She has family. She gets help. Like Jane Eyre, she gets a boon (her inheritance could be in the form of those ancient books, for example). If you're going to shoehorn Poe into this, at best he's ever going to be a St John Rivers figure. There to remind where her heart really is, and to make Mr Renchester jealous but humbled and believing he would do well by her to let her go. She has a life of her own, she does very well now, but it's not complete without her other half.

- She will go to him, out of her own free will, when he most needs her.

Renperor is there to make you think Ben Solo is now beyond redemption and can only die, but if you actually pause to look what has been going on in this story for two films now, the picture gets clearer. How it gets there is another matter because Ben's story has been the most complex and unpredictable so far.

Right now I kind of expect him to "die" by losing his connection to the Force in some catastrophic sacrifice, which would be comparable to Rochester's blindness. And then for him to be reborn as Ben to whom the Force isn't power (which corrupts) but life itself (culminating in love). Then again, I have no idea what they're doing with the abuse angle because it's pretty effed up the way they've given us a character who was targeted since childhood by a sinister predator, whose parents seem to feel guilty for failing to protect him, and whose own uncle was going to kill him - but then downplay these elements at every turn. This has got to come back into play with a vengeance in IX, and my guess is it would have been the crux of Leia's arc in IX. If not, this stuff would be the most tone-deaf window-dressing ever.

So, yeah. I have zero doubs about the direction of this story now. My only doubts are whether it's going to be satisfyingly done or not, but that was always out of our hands.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 10:29 am

I left the theatre feeling like the rug was completely pulled out from under me.

I have no idea if Reylo is endgame or if Ben is going to be redeemed. I honestly don't know. I guess that's the spot they want us to be in, ya know? Not completely cock-sure about anything.

If I had to guess at something, maybe it's a mutiny from Hux or Kylo realizing he got the thing he wanted but he doesn't want it any more.

There's certainly a huge mess to clean up, but I guess if there's a hope in anything, it's that I'd rather have the second movie end at a dark low than the third movie. (Like OT vs. PT)

I also think it's possible he dies by sacrificing himself to save Rey somehow. I never thought he'd die ever, but after seeing TLJ I think of it as a possibility now, sadly No
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum