Predictions for Episode 9

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DarthRen on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:30 pm

@Forsythia wrote:My predictions:
- There's a time skip so that Kylo has already build up a reputation as Renperor and the Resistance has been rebuilt
- Hux plans a mutiny against Kylo
- Rey builds a new lightsaber
- Reylo kiss
- We will see Mustafar again
- Rey and Kylo still have a Force Bond
- We will see DJ again
- We will see the KoR again
- Kylo sacrifices himself for Rey OR Rey kills Kylo even though she loves him (similar to how Padme was originally meant to be planning to kill Anakin) (sorry, I'm a bit pessimistic at the moment. Of course I would prefer a happy ending for Reylo)
@Forsythia

Based on what we saw, Kylo loves her and way more than Rey ever loved him. She either has to learn it or she would do it unwillingly. There was a spoiler where Luke told Rey to kill Kylo and she refused. MSW reported it, maybe hoax but it could be done in Episode IX and some twist there or something.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2103
Likes : 6261
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 30
Localisation : GE Frankfurt

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Moonjump05 on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:17 pm

Predictions:

- more reylo forcebond
- timeskip to show Renperor having an awful time and the Resistance to build up
- Hux planning a coup, probably carrying it out too
- Finn and Rose smuggling out defecting Stormtroopers
- Force Ghost Luke

And a thought just occured for the ending, after remembering that the Reylo team up has the soundtrack "A New Alliance".  The ST will end with the FO and Resistance in an alliance spearheaded by Jedi Rey and Supreme Leader Ren.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 553
Likes : 3927
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:43 pm

@Moonjump05 wrote:And a thought just occured for the ending, after remembering that the Reylo team up has the soundtrack "A New Alliance".  The ST will end with the FO and Resistance in an alliance spearheaded by Jedi Rey and Supreme Leader Ren.
@Moonjump05

But they need a reason for an alliance? Like another, bigger enemy that pose threats for both FO and the Resistance?

https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/939596621347561472
This is so adorable. The little kid said "Rey makes Kylo a good guy"

I AM skeptical about Reylo happy ending, but when I saw this, I really have hope for a happy ending in IX, because Disney, don't you dare destroy the little kids' dream!!! *cries*
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 441
Likes : 2994
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:47 pm

1. time gap (hope 3-4 months but maybe even 1-2 years)
2. Hux starts (or already has) resistance in FO
3. Luke ghost hunting Kylo
4. Luke's ghost helped Rey fulfill jedi training
5. Anakin's ghost will play big role in Kylos change (I don't think he will fully turn to light side but he will turn/change), like it was in TLJ with Yoda/Luke
6. Rey and Kylo will have mutual visions again
7. Rey and Kylo will meet in the middle of light and dark and will be balance, they together become the true balance, something that never happened before, balance between light and dark without endless war... before it winners of this war were changing, light side... then dark side... but it's time for big changes and new look on the things, on balance and dark/light side, that neither of them is "perfectly" good or bad...
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 224
Likes : 737
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-26
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Moonjump05 on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:00 pm

@shii405 wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:And a thought just occured for the ending, after remembering that the Reylo team up has the soundtrack "A New Alliance".  The ST will end with the FO and Resistance in an alliance spearheaded by Jedi Rey and Supreme Leader Ren.
@Moonjump05

But they need a reason for an alliance? Like another, bigger enemy that pose threats for both FO and the Resistance?

https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/939596621347561472
This is so adorable. The little kid said "Rey makes Kylo a good guy"

I AM skeptical about Reylo happy ending, but when I saw this, I really have hope for a happy ending in IX, because Disney, don't you dare destroy the little kids' dream!!! *cries*
@shii405

The reason is love, lol

I have a head canon.  There is a big battle at the end, FO vs Resistance and maybe Hux got a new super weapon again but he fired on Kylo's ship with the intent of obliterating him and the Resistance.

Kylo and Rey are on the ship, and he can't let her die so he uses the force to freeze the death ray.  And everything else- the ships around them and the weapons from firing.

But he can't escape, the strain is too much.  So she won't leave him, helping him hold both the FO and Resistance hostage basically until they cease fire.  Then they fake his death and live together.

Go big with the romance or go home.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 553
Likes : 3927
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:41 pm

Do you think Kylo and Rey will have at least 1 confrontation/altercation? I mean, how else will we get more lightsaber fights if they don't? Unless the KoR make an appearance?
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 7819
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33
Localisation : wherever Kylo Ren is

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 8:45 pm

I think with the way things are, it's still possible to have a BATB story for Ep 9.

The galaxy and the Resistance sees Kylo Ren as a monster (beast). But despite what happened, only Rey knows the truth behind Ben, and if they continue to connect via forcebond, then it is still possible that she will continue to care for him although with some reservations . But he'd have tto really prove himself to her this time.

There is also the issue of Hux and the KOR.
The KOR are probably around the ages betwen Rey and Kylo. Their generation of Force users. Let's face it, FS people, especially ones who already had a taste of training, are susceptible to power hunger and corruption. I see some of the KOR being swayed by Hux's promise of power while some would remain loyal to their master, Kylo.

Also, having bad KOR promises epic saber fights. But I also expect another saber fight between Reylo, with Rey wielding her double bladed saber.

Yet I also see Ben throwing down his saber and surrendering to Rey. not out of defeat but of acceptance of his failures and realizing his mistakes. I need a totaly Darcy Rochester turn around.

But we also have the Resistance lead by Poe, who is in full Gaston Kill the Beast mode (tm) which makes everything complicated.

But in the end, I still imagine a unity and a balance between the 2 factions. Hux and the traitorous KOR are defeated. The FO is reformed without Hux, into a more stable and benevolent government and the Resistance becomes part of it all.

Maybe Kylo gives up being supreme leader because he realizes it is not what he wanted. and hopefully he and Rey are together in the end.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ZioRen on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:Do you think Kylo and Rey will have at least 1 confrontation/altercation? I mean, how else will we get more lightsaber fights if they don't? Unless the KoR make an appearance?
@SheLitAFire

I am absolutely convinced they're going to clash lightsabers at least once. At this point, who else will? I also think they'll fight together again, because they're awesome when they're in sync and the TLJ audience seems to be eating it up.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2758
Likes : 18818
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Saracene on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:04 pm

I think that a "love each other can't be together" ending is on the table. Lots of pros: bittersweet but less so than if Kylo dies; shuts down the murmurs about how Kylo just can't have a happy ending after becoming the Supreme Leader and refusing redemption over and over; at the same time, leaves an opportunity for more Skywalker family saga if they ever wanted to come back to it.

I think it's safe to say at this point that Kylo can never rejoin the good side after crowning himself; he had an opportunity for goodwill after he sliced Snoke in half but he's blown it.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2199
Likes : 14049
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 39
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:06 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:Do you think Kylo and Rey will have at least 1 confrontation/altercation? I mean, how else will we get more lightsaber fights if they don't? Unless the KoR make an appearance?
@SheLitAFire

I am absolutely convinced they're going to clash lightsabers at least once. At this point, who else will? I also think they'll fight together again, because they're awesome when they're in sync and the TLJ audience seems to be eating it up.
@ZioRen

I even think that since it'll be such a heated and passionate duel, much like Snow Fight, only now they know that they have feelings for each other, there will be this obvious underlying sexual frustration, and I won't be surprised if they just throw down their sabers and make out like animals
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by shii405 on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:07 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:Do you think Kylo and Rey will have at least 1 confrontation/altercation? I mean, how else will we get more lightsaber fights if they don't? Unless the KoR make an appearance?
@SheLitAFire

Yes, absolutely! Romantic lightsaber fight that ends with a kiss lol!
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 441
Likes : 2994
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:10 pm

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:Do you think Kylo and Rey will have at least 1 confrontation/altercation? I mean, how else will we get more lightsaber fights if they don't? Unless the KoR make an appearance?
@SheLitAFire

I am absolutely convinced they're going to clash lightsabers at least once. At this point, who else will? I also think they'll fight together again, because they're awesome when they're in sync and the TLJ audience seems to be eating it up.
@ZioRen

I even think that since it'll be such a heated and passionate duel, much like Snow Fight, only now they know that they have feelings for each other, there will be this obvious underlying sexual frustration, and I won't be surprised if they just throw down their sabers and make out like animals
@Rei of Sunshine

I hope she doesn't cut off their forcebond for long. I need lots of forcebond moments!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2044
Likes : 7819
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33
Localisation : wherever Kylo Ren is

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:14 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:Do you think Kylo and Rey will have at least 1 confrontation/altercation? I mean, how else will we get more lightsaber fights if they don't? Unless the KoR make an appearance?
@SheLitAFire

I am absolutely convinced they're going to clash lightsabers at least once. At this point, who else will? I also think they'll fight together again, because they're awesome when they're in sync and the TLJ audience seems to be eating it up.
@ZioRen

I even think that since it'll be such a heated and passionate duel, much like Snow Fight, only now they know that they have feelings for each other, there will be this obvious underlying sexual frustration, and I won't be surprised if they just throw down their sabers and make out like animals
@Rei of Sunshine

I hope she doesn't cut off their forcebond for long. I need lots of forcebond moments!
@SheLitAFire

Me too. Possibly that Rey has closed it, but I really think that they might utilize Leia's death, however they do it, to affect Ben.

He feels it, grieves and Rey feels his grief as well, tempting her to open the bond and reconnecting them. Indirectly, Leia still had a hand in helping redeem her son this way.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:17 pm

Did she really close the bond? It seems to be that they have very little control over it.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 217
Likes : 994
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:24 pm

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Did she really close the bond? It seems to be that they have very little control over it.
@bashfulblueeyes3

True. I think she closed it on her side. But she has no control over it. It's just symbolic that she's really pissed and disappointed, and tho deserve the key again to her front door, Kylo will have to grovel for it.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:51 pm

Caligula or Constantine?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 578
Likes : 2217
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DeeBee on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm

Hi all, I'm loving reading all your ideas. It strikes me that there are just soooo many fabulous ways this story could go!! Smile

I'm slowly taking in the reaction of the GA and more dedicated fans of all varieties and perspectives.
Before TLJ there was much talk of how could Rey possibly have any feelings for the monster Kylo Ren.. Not possible.. no way.
Now? After TLJ - People are not asking the question so much now! And people who had never shipped Reylo are now open to Reylo if not shipping it Smile

So I am thinking TLJ did what it needed to do [as heartbroken as I am over that ending] - the audience is rooting for Kylo and open, maybe even wanting Reylo to happen.

So why is this comment in the predictions thread??!
I'm sharing this here because in light of what was achieved in TLJ, I think it is absolutely possible that we will get Reylo with a happy ending - will we? I wish I knew Smile
However, what many believe to be impossible in this story is absolutely possible.

I could protect myself and lower/manage my expectations.. but I'm going to take a risk and hope Smile
I've chosen to put my faith in SW - JJ and KK to give me the happy ending. For me it's go big or go home. I want the epic love story with a happy ending and I dare to hope for it Smile

If this is the story they want to tell they can totally do it - and they have proven they can do it with what was achieved in TLJ - IMHO of course! Smile
I think it is possible to write the story with Kylo/Ben being redeemed without him dying. How?
As Rian would say - How indeed? Smile

There are some really interesting ideas here - there are so many I can't keep up so forgive me for not responding specifically.. I guess we have 2 years to explore! Smile
Faking his death.. maybe being instrumental in bringing peace... a FO alliance... saving the resistance..
Or my current fave - sacrificing his force powers to bring balance and peace Smile
I think we can get a happy ending and a satisfying, epic narrative! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1240
Likes : 3622
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kessel on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 10:35 pm

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@shii405 wrote:
@Moonjump05 wrote:And a thought just occured for the ending, after remembering that the Reylo team up has the soundtrack "A New Alliance".  The ST will end with the FO and Resistance in an alliance spearheaded by Jedi Rey and Supreme Leader Ren.
@Moonjump05

But they need a reason for an alliance? Like another, bigger enemy that pose threats for both FO and the Resistance?

https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/939596621347561472
This is so adorable. The little kid said "Rey makes Kylo a good guy"

I AM skeptical about Reylo happy ending, but when I saw this, I really have hope for a happy ending in IX, because Disney, don't you dare destroy the little kids' dream!!! *cries*
@shii405

The reason is love, lol

I have a head canon.  There is a big battle at the end, FO vs Resistance and maybe Hux got a new super weapon again but he fired on Kylo's ship with the intent of obliterating him and the Resistance.

Kylo and Rey are on the ship, and he can't let her die so he uses the force to freeze the death ray.  And everything else- the ships around them and the weapons from firing.

But he can't escape, the strain is too much.  So she won't leave him, helping him hold both the FO and Resistance hostage basically until they cease fire.  Then they fake his death and live together.

Go big with the romance or go home.
@Moonjump05

I'd love something like that. Your scenario actually plays out a little bit like the very end of ROTJ when Luke refused to leave Vader, but with a twist. I feel like Kylo needs to make a grand, sweeping and selfless gesture towards Rey that puts himself on the line, but since they seem to be subverting so many SW themes and scenarios, hopefully whatever they do (if there is a twist) it doesn't end in death like Vader.

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
Kessel
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1934
Likes : 13563
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:01 pm

@Kylo Men wrote:Caligula or Constantine?
@Kylo Men

Oooh. I had to read up on them again before I wrote this reply haha.

Hmmm judging by the ending of TLJ, Kylo was a total Caligula there. "Kill everyone" and being brash and manic.

However, reading up on Constantine and how he reunited the 2 sides of the Roman empire makes me think of how Kylo wants to unite the galaxy under the First order. Or whatever Order he plans.

The idea of reuniting the 2 roman empires and legalizing Christianity can be applied to the Force. Sure, unifiying under 1 religion is so archaic now for our times, but in GFFA, a fantasy world, it makes total sense, even after broomboi.

It wont be just Kylo tho, it'll take Rey's influence to make him a Constantine figure. Unifying West and East Rome under Christianity is like unifying the Dark and the Light with Balance.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:33 pm

Right now I feel anything could happen in Ep IX. JJ pitched his and Chris Terrio’s script to Bob Iger today so this is a totally different situation from JJ’s hand off to RJ, although it does sound as if JJ was kept in the loop post-TFA. We have some idea of how JJ sees Star Wars from TFA and RJ has ripped open and thrown away some of his mystery boxes, Chris Terrio’s input is more of an unknown quantity here and the DC movie credits make me nervous. I’m sure I read somewhere that Colin Trevorrow requested a small change to TLJ from Rian but we might never know what that was, unless RJ mentions it during his commentary on the blu-ray. We have no idea what Colin and his screen writing partner cooked up, only that KK & Disney didn’t like it. We do know JJ loved the script for TLJ and wished he’d been directing it. He also said he “dug” the movie at the premiere. Where JJ and CT will take the story in the final part of the trilogy is hard to say at the moment because I can personally see many options at this stage. It could have been empty platitudes about Carrie having a larger role in Ep IX but I can certainly see how that might have been the intention with the way things went and how TLJ ended.

I would say the following are likely...

Mark Hamill will return as Force Ghost Luke. - He will be used sparingly, though, like Sir Alec Guinness in the OT.

Domhnall Gleeson will get more screen time as General Hux. - I do predict him attempting a coup against Kylo and I can see many ways it could go down. Brendol Hux was one of the founder members of the FO and Kylo is a Johnny-come-lately next to Hux. The new Supreme Leader is already known for being volatile and unstable, a few bad decisions due to “personal interests” and not for the good of the FO, and Hux could soon get the officers on side. Kylo only has his force abilities and even those could work against him because of his heritage (which Hux could make widely known) and because the FO doesn’t really seem to have any reverence for the force and such despite having Snoke as their leader for however long.

Poe will probably take on the command role of the Resistance, or are they rebels again now? Not sure how they will handle Carrie’s absence but I feel TLJ did suggest a passing of the baton from her to Poe, even if it wasn’t intended as such at the time. It did seem as if he’d taken the lessons from Holdo and Leia onboard but he will probably still struggle to rein back his “heroic” impulses!

I hope for more fun with Finn and Rose. Both of them are totally committed to the Resistance now that Finn’s impulse to run has been resolved. I’m pretty sure he and Rose will be together and he’ll realise he’s in love with her too. I’m not sure what their mission will be in IX but it will probably be more undercover hi-jinks involving another FO super weapon.

When it comes to Reylo and Redemption and whether Kylo/Ben lives or dies... I feel I can’t predict anything yet. I have a few ideas for how it might go but I want to hear more from Rian and JJ about how they see Rey and Kylo in TLJ. I want RJ’s post-TLJ answers to these questions and his commentary. I guess JJ will remain pretty tight-lipped for now but we might get the odd interview snippet here and there. Unless he gets active on social media, which doesn’t seem to be his thing, I’ll miss the level of interaction we’ve had throughout the whole process of TLJ from Rian.

I honestly don’t know at this point if I can go through another 2 years of being actively involved in speculation/fandom as a whole. I certainly don’t want to do battle in any more shipping wars. I don’t even want to know about antis or other ships, and I’m unfollowing people on social media who bring that stuff into my timeline. Whatever comes next, it won’t please everyone and that’s one prediction I feel 100% confident about.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:01 am

KrazyForKylo wrote:Right now I feel anything could happen in Ep IX. JJ pitched his and Chris Terrio’s script to Bob Iger today so this is a totally different situation from JJ’s hand off to RJ, although it does sound as if JJ was kept in the loop post-TFA. We have some idea of how JJ sees Star Wars from TFA and RJ has ripped open and thrown away some of his mystery boxes, Chris Terrio’s input is more of an unknown quantity here and the DC movie credits make me nervous. I’m sure I read somewhere that Colin Trevorrow requested a small change to TLJ from Rian but we might never know what that was, unless RJ mentions it during his commentary on the blu-ray. We have no idea what Colin and his screen writing partner cooked up, only that KK & Disney didn’t like it. We do know JJ loved the script for TLJ and wished he’d been directing it. He also said he “dug” the movie at the premiere. Where JJ and CT will take the story in the final part of the trilogy is hard to say at the moment because I can personally see many options at this stage. It could have been empty platitudes about Carrie having a larger role in Ep IX but I can certainly see how that might have been the intention with the way things went and how TLJ ended.

I would say the following are likely...

Mark Hamill will return as Force Ghost Luke. - He will be used sparingly, though, like Sir Alec Guinness in the OT.

Domhnall Gleeson will get more screen time as General Hux. - I do predict him attempting a coup against Kylo and I can see many ways it could go down. Brendol Hux was one of the founder members of the FO and Kylo is a Johnny-come-lately next to Hux. The new Supreme Leader is already known for being volatile and unstable, a few bad decisions due to “personal interests” and not for the good of the FO, and Hux could soon get the officers on side. Kylo only has his force abilities and even those could work against him because of his heritage (which Hux could make widely known) and because the FO doesn’t really seem to have any reverence for the force and such despite having Snoke as their leader for however long.

Poe will probably take on the command role of the Resistance, or are they rebels again now? Not sure how they will handle Carrie’s absence but I feel TLJ did suggest a passing of the baton from her to Poe, even if it wasn’t intended as such at the time. It did seem as if he’d taken the lessons from Holdo and Leia onboard but he will probably still struggle to rein back his “heroic” impulses!

I hope for more fun with Finn and Rose. Both of them are totally committed to the Resistance now that Finn’s impulse to run has been resolved. I’m pretty sure he and Rose will be together and he’ll realise he’s in love with her too. I’m not sure what their mission will be in IX but it will probably be more undercover hi-jinks involving another FO super weapon.

When it comes to Reylo and Redemption and whether Kylo/Ben lives or dies... I feel I can’t predict anything yet. I have a few ideas for how it might go but I want to hear more from Rian and JJ about how they see Rey and Kylo in TLJ. I want RJ’s post-TLJ answers to these questions and his commentary. I guess JJ will remain pretty tight-lipped for now but we might get the odd interview snippet here and there. Unless he gets active on social media, which doesn’t seem to be his thing, I’ll miss the level of interaction we’ve had throughout the whole process of TLJ from Rian.

I honestly don’t know at this point if I can go through another 2 years of being actively involved in speculation/fandom as a whole. I certainly don’t want to do battle in any more shipping wars. I don’t even want to know about antis or other ships, and I’m unfollowing people on social media who bring that stuff into my timeline. Whatever comes next, it won’t please everyone and that’s one prediction I feel 100% confident about.
@KrazyForKylo

Good points all around. New writers mean new ideas. It makes me nervous. All I want for Ep 9 is redeemed Kylo and Reylo all done well, and right now it feels like asking too much after what happened.

We might never be fully satisfied by Ep 9, but I hope they do their best. At this point, most if not all already understand Kylo and somehow sympathize with him. If they plan on killing him in 9, it would be such a loss.

I really don't see how death (unless metaphorical) is a fitting ending for a character who never knew happiness, and his 'evilness' was brought about by other people who did him wrong. He needs to atleast know what it's like to be happy for once, and to be loved before he is killed off.

As for Reylo, I know lots of us were saddened by the ending and Rey not taking Kylo's hand, but I understand Rey. At that moment she knew that she and Kylo just couldn't work this way. They are both stuck in their own ideals. And as much as she tried her noblest and best, it wasn't enough, because Ben wasn't gonna meet her halfway, and maybe she wasn't ready also.

It is not her responsibility to take Kylo's side and pamper him. He needs to realize his faults, and she as well. It wasn't her responsibility to save him. But she wanted to because she cared. I still think she cares for him until now, and maybe she is a bit hopefull that if he does change, she'll give him a chance because she knows she'll never connect to anyone else the way she connected with him.

At this point, well done Reylo is more possible that Ben surviving the trilogy. But it could still work hand in hand.

I just hope and pray that JJ will stand his ground and defend Reylo to the end. RJ opened up all the drama and possibilities for this couple to grow and gave them the biggest conflict to resolve. It's not unsalvageable (is that a word?) but it definitely will be hard.

But to be able to overcome that difficulty will be what makes Reylo a truly complex and beautiful love story.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:01 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:There's a time jump between episodes. Rey is obviously a wonderful Jedi and a key player in rebuilding the Resistance, but it's meaningless. She has no ties to these people beyond Leia and Finn, and she's not complete without Ben. Ben (hear me out on this) actually becomes great at being Renperor. Only to find that in spite of how successful he is, the position is completely hollow without Rey beside him. Aaaaaaaangsty AF.
@MeadowofAshes

I love this. I am so tired of him being incompetent unless Rey is around. It would be a dream if he actually did some stuff right.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4733
Likes : 22915
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:01 am

Kylo gets a hotter girlfriend/apprentice.
Kylo calls Rey, pours out his heart. When she calls the next day he tells her he was drunk and doesn't remember the conversation.
Kylo orders the massacre of a village. When Rey protests, he tells her that she could have saved the people if she had just accepted his offer. So really, it's her fault.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 578
Likes : 2217
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:04 am

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:Caligula or Constantine?
@Kylo Men

Oooh. I had to read up on them again before I wrote this reply haha.

Hmmm judging by the ending of TLJ, Kylo was a total Caligula there. "Kill everyone" and being brash and manic.

However, reading up on Constantine and how he reunited the 2 sides of the Roman empire makes me think of how Kylo wants to unite the galaxy under the First order. Or whatever Order he plans.

The idea of reuniting the 2 roman empires and legalizing Christianity can be applied to the Force. Sure, unifiying under 1 religion is so archaic now for our times, but in GFFA, a fantasy world, it makes total sense, even after broomboi.

It wont be just Kylo tho, it'll take Rey's influence to make him a Constantine figure. Unifying West and East Rome under Christianity is like unifying the Dark and the Light with Balance.
@Rei of Sunshine

The other thing about Constantine is that he leads the Empire out of nearly a century of turmoil (aka: The Crisis of the Third Century) which was just constant civil war, strife, dying emperors, losses of territory, plagues, barbarian raids, etc. Sort of like this galaxy.


Last edited by Kylo Men on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 578
Likes : 2217
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 12:05 am

@Kylo Men wrote:Kylo gets a hotter girlfriend/apprentice.
Kylo calls Rey, pours out his heart. When she calls the next day he tells her he was drunk and doesn't remember the conversation.
Kylo orders the massacre of a village. When Rey protests, he tells her that she could have saved the people if she had just accepted his offer. So really, it's her fault.
@Kylo Men

LOOOOL please no.

Let's not go with the "Boyfriend does stupid things coz Girlfriend rejected him and it's all her fault" idea.

That's very mysogynistic. Rey has no fault in Kylo's decisions, although her mistakes may affect him as well, she is not responsible for him.

ETA: On Renperor, I see him as a bit of a Caligula at the beginning, but becomes Constantine in the end.

Although I would much prefer him to become Constantine early on and be such a great ruler that he literally does what Vader started and brings order.

But then insert Hux, that backstabbing Brutus who usurps Kylo.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1557
Likes : 10629
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum