Predictions for Episode 9

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 37 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Saracene on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 9:16 pm

- This is a tad silly and wink-nudge, but I think it would be hilarious if, in Episode IX, Hux suggests to the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren that maybe the FO should build another Starkiller/Death Star and Kylo flatly says, um no we're not doing that again Laughing

- I have no clue how Kylo's redemption arc will play out, but I don't think it will be a last-moment Vader-style redemption. I think he'll cross some sort of line either mid-way or two thirds into the movie.

- I think that Rey will end up saving Kylo at some point, but rather than saving his soul this time it will be about saving him from mortal danger/death. I'm rather biased on this one, because "girl saving her strong and manly love interest" is my personal romantic catnip.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 9:29 pm

Their makeout Force Bond sessions and what actually happened with Snoke is going to be the biggest, dirtiest secret in the galaxy. For both sides.It continues to boggle me every time I read a fan comment or film review about how it's going to be the standard big bad versus good guys scenario and that the takeaway is that Rey learned her lesson about dating bad boys. Like Rey may *hope* that there's no equivalent to the Blind Items in that galaxy and her hook-up with the new Supreme Leader doesn't become common knowledge. But if I were making that film, that would be the plot point I'd hit on for maximum drama and intrigue.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 9:32 pm

@snufkin wrote:Their makeout Force Bond sessions and what actually happened with Snoke is going to be the biggest, dirtiest secret in the galaxy. For both sides.It continues to boggle me every time I read a fan comment or film review about how it's going to be the standard big bad versus good guys scenario and that the takeaway is that Rey learned her lesson about dating bad boys. Like Rey may *hope* that there's no equivalent to the Blind Items in that galaxy and her hook-up with the new Supreme Leader doesn't become common knowledge. But if I were making that film, that would be the plot point I'd hit on for maximum drama and intrigue.
@snufkin

Omg right???? The Force Bond is a liability for both of them, and there’s not a damn thing they can do about it. Cue the Us Against the Galaxy scenario I am hoping for with all my being for IX!!!! As far a romantic drama goes, it doesn’t get much better than that...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 9:35 pm

I wonder how the news that Kylo killed Snoke would go down with the rest of the FO. Would they turn against him, or would they shrug and go, eh survival of the fittest etc. etc.?
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 10:14 pm

Before TLJ came out, there was some hypothesising about if Ben was a double agent. I would totally love if he became this mysterious, long-distance ally to Rey and pals by sending crucial classified intel to the struggling, barely-existent Resistance that could really use it. He knows he's screwed up, and he should find his own way to help and make amends even if no one wants him right now. That sure might convince Rey of his abilities and redemption potential!
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 10:20 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Their makeout Force Bond sessions and what actually happened with Snoke is going to be the biggest, dirtiest secret in the galaxy. For both sides.It continues to boggle me every time I read a fan comment or film review about how it's going to be the standard big bad versus good guys scenario and that the takeaway is that Rey learned her lesson about dating bad boys. Like Rey may *hope* that there's no equivalent to the Blind Items in that galaxy and her hook-up with the new Supreme Leader doesn't become common knowledge. But if I were making that film, that would be the plot point I'd hit on for maximum drama and intrigue.
@snufkin

Omg right????  The Force Bond is a liability for both of them, and there’s not a damn thing they can do about it.  Cue the Us Against the Galaxy scenario I am hoping for with all my being for IX!!!!  As far a romantic drama goes, it doesn’t get much better than that...

@IoJovi

This is gonna be the both of them during the early parts of IX, pretending that nothing happened and trying to ignore the Force and their hormones

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 37 Tumblr_inline_o1xldiNf9V1rgz8jq_540

That's too big of a secret to give dropped as a future plot point, especially with the players on both sides of the conflict around our two space nerds. Chewie obviously knows that *something* happened, but you've got the spark or whatever from the end of the Resistance lighting up the galaxy, Hux suspicious and plotting against Kylo, both of them committed to their side but feeling alone w/out the other, Kylo's CYA lie that Rey took out Snoke and the PGs on her own, being reunited with the best friend who took at lightsaber to the back for her and has no idea she was making time with the guy who did that to him (and he never got a straight answer out of her about what happened when she was kidnapped)...there's so much potential for drama.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm

I'm sad that we probably won't get this scene of Hux (because COME ON, he is so the Pete Campbell of the First Order) returning to the FO after Snoke's mysterious death, his work rival becoming the Supreme Leader and bungling the attack on Crait after the destruction of their fleet

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:08 am

@Saracene wrote:- This is a tad silly and wink-nudge, but I think it would be hilarious if, in Episode IX, Hux suggests to the Supreme Leader Kylo Ren that maybe the FO should build another Starkiller/Death Star and Kylo flatly says, um no we're not doing that again Laughing

- I have no clue how Kylo's redemption arc will play out, but I don't think it will be a last-moment Vader-style redemption. I think he'll cross some sort of line either mid-way or two thirds into the movie.

- I think that Rey will end up saving Kylo at some point, but rather than saving his soul this time it will be about saving him from mortal danger/death. I'm rather biased on this one, because "girl saving her strong and manly love interest" is my personal romantic catnip.
@Saracene

I think she will end up saving him too, but here’s the issue: how could they make it so that it’s completely clear that Kylo isn’t just going to be rescued by Rey and then go right back to being Renperor? You know the argument going on right now that he just used her to make his assassination of Snoke possible —he couldn’t have killed off all 9 guards if he had done it alone. I think they have to make it clear that he doesn’t want the power, he just wants the girl. But I’m not sure how they could do that other than having him willingly give up his Force sensitivity in some sort of Plagueis-inspired effort to save her life—again, reverse Anakin: saving the woman he loves instead of killing her, and turning away from the Dark side instead of toward it in order to do so.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:23 am

@snufkin wrote:I'm sad that we probably won't get this scene of Hux (because COME ON, he is so the Pete Campbell of the First Order) returning to the FO after Snoke's mysterious death, his work rival becoming the Supreme Leader and bungling the attack on Crait after the destruction of their fleet

@snufkin

I am in favor of any excuse to post the "Not great, Bob" meme! cheers

But yeah, Rian left JJ with an awesome setup for IX, between Hux, the secret FB, etc. I'm optimistic that JJ will do it justice.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:39 am

@ISeeAnIsland - Why haven't there been a million think pieces yet about how Hux = the Pete Campbell of Star Wars??? Prematurely receding hairline, ambitious/backstabbing/social climbing at work, pallor from substance abuse problems, plotting against a coworker who's bluffed his way into the job under a fake name (d**** Whitman or Ben Solo?!) and luck/talent, et cetera et cetera.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:44 am

@snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - Why haven't there been a million think pieces yet about how Hux = the Pete Campbell of Star Wars??? Prematurely receding hairline, ambitious/backstabbing/social climbing at work, pallor from substance abuse problems, plotting against a coworker who's bluffed his way into the job under a fake name (d**** Whitman or Ben Solo?!) and luck/talent, et cetera et cetera.

@snufkin

And maybe Hux secretly had a baby with Phasma that was given up for adoption and also raped some poor female Stormtrooper???

On a related note, I would LOVE the introduction of a Star Wars equivalent to Trudy Campbell, to take things a bit further!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:50 am

@ISeeAnIsland Closest to Trudy is probably Rose, in that they're both tiny but pistols. And I wouldn't put either past Hux when it comes to Phasma (who sadly is no Peggy) or any random lady stormtroopers. Though now I'm wondering where the Hell the Joan Holloway is in this situation? See, this is why a lot of us are more interested in the FO side of things. Because the Resistance is like the really sh*tty and annoying co-op you belonged to in college versus the FO being a relatable workplace full of drama and interpersonal conflict.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 2:20 am

@lauvamp

the die is drawn
the pieces on the board were put, Rian gave a fatal blow with TLJ. Now the marketing has the doors open, however the suspance is king and leaves the audience hungry Smile however I think we will have more interviews, articles with our two protagonists and photos as well, but remember that the fans want to know more about Rey and Kylo, therefore, it is natural that they do not give us too much, because they know how important they are.
I was quite satisfied with the TLJ marketing, maybe a picture or two with Rey and Kylo alone I would like to eh eh eh pirat
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:15 am

Hello to all. My son is playing Battelfield II.The game begins when Rey and Kylo Ren break the sword. My son Is 10 years old. this is his story. The positive part. My son tells me that in the game they show Child - Ben Solo. Uncle Luke is jealous of his strength. He sees his future and tries to kill him. then the troops of the first order arrive and kidnap only a child. in essence he tell me Ben was a good Boy kidnap by first order. powerfully bad. but he is abducted by the bad guys. nobody goes to save it. the bad part is that after the sword breaks, Rey and Kylo Ren fight as enemies again. Hope the first part need for save Ben Solo in IX . ( sorry My english )
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:23 am

@giaciak2 that sounds like AU to me Confus at least that's not what happened according to TLJ
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:40 am

@Night Huntress Please Tell me What do you mean for A U , I need for translator. This is What My son Tell me
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:44 am

is there anyone who speaks English well who has finished battelfild 2? . I write too badly.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 10:53 am

@giaciak2 wrote:@Night Huntress Please Tell me What do you mean for A U , I need for translator. This is What My son Tell me
@giaciak2

Alternate Universe. Not sure how familiar you are with what we call "canon" ? - I'm not playing the games, but I highly doubt they would give anything valuable away for IX. And JJ haven't finish the script either so I wouldn't bother about that

We don't know how young Ben was exactly when Luke tried to kill him, but he definitely wasn't a child and he wasn't kidnapped - or at least it wasn't mentioned and even if they was very vague about what happened exactly, I don't think they would have kept back such an important detail.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:17 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@giaciak2 wrote:@Night Huntress Please Tell me What do you mean for A U , I need for translator. This is What My son Tell me
@giaciak2

Alternate Universe. Not sure how familiar you are with what we call "canon" ? - I'm not playing the games, but I highly doubt they would give anything valuable away for IX. And JJ haven't finish the script either so I wouldn't bother about that

We don't know how young Ben was exactly when Luke tried to kill him, but he definitely wasn't a child and he wasn't kidnapped - or at least it wasn't mentioned and even if they was very vague about what happened exactly, I don't think they would have kept back such an important detail.
@Night Huntress

I find the kidnapping thing interesting. I can't imagine that they'd spill the beans on a twist like that in a videogame, but in the shooting script for TFA, it was hinted that Ben was possibly kidnapped by the KoR in the temple massacre incident.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 7:42 pm

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but can someone tell me what we are supposed to make of Chekhov's Stomach Wound that Ben received in Episode VII and that we were reminded about in Ep. VIII when Snoke asked him about it in the throne room? It was just weirdly highlighted (the banging, the blood) in TFA and then for it to come up again in TLJ makes me think... something. I don't know what though. Does anyone have any thoughts or explanations? Or was this truly nothing?

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 10:11 am

Thank you @Night Huntress for your answe
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 10:14 am

@nikeandnora. I don’t remember about it. I see TFA and TLJ only 1 time. In Italy there is not TLJ DVD available . Could you please remember me ?.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
I think she will end up saving him too, but here’s the issue: how could they make it so that it’s completely clear that Kylo isn’t just going to be rescued by Rey and then go right back to being Renperor?  You know the argument going on right now that he just used her to make his assassination of Snoke possible —he couldn’t have killed off all 9 guards if he had done it alone.  I think they have to make it clear that he doesn’t want the power, he just wants the girl.  But I’m not sure how they could do that other than having him willingly give up his Force sensitivity in some sort of Plagueis-inspired effort to save her life—again, reverse Anakin: saving the woman he loves instead of killing her, and turning away from the Dark side instead of toward it in order to do so.
@Lily Snape

I agree- and I don't want them making Ben even more of a victim or male version of a "damsel in distress". Evil or Very Mad
He was beaten and humiliated enough for my taste and I hope in IX he finally shines and shows how truly awesome he can be.
We saw already a taste of it in TLJ when he killed Snoke with a few clever flicks of his fingers- so I hope in IX he does something really bad*** - something that saves not only Rey (he saved her in VIII don't need to repeat that) but the people she cares about. Because I think with that he could truly win her heart.

Not sure about the force powers- I'm not a fan of him loosing them...rather than he choose to not use them- kind of like Luke on Ahch-To  Nope

The biggest challenge with IX in my opinion is to write a redemption arc where Ben Solo survives and do repentance where he still can somehow have a happy ending with Rey and be at peace with himself.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:12 am

@giaciak2 wrote:@nikeandnora. I don’t remember about it. I see TFA and TLJ only 1 time. In Italy there is not TLJ DVD available  . Could  you please  remember me ?.
@giaciak2

It's just a small detail that's probably easily explained. After Kylo kills Han, Chewie shoots him in the stomach. During the duel in the woods, Kylo is clearly wounded, and they make a point of showing him hitting the wound repeatedly (I assume channeling the physical pain into strength and focus for the dark side? I don't know) and bleeding out onto the snow. TLJ references this wound again when Snoke asks about it, and Kylo answers: "It's nothing."

It's very possible (probable even) that the writers had Kylo become wounded so that it makes more sense why Finn and Rey were able to fight him without being so easily dispatched in the woods (he was weakened), and that they just mentioned it in TLJ for continuity's sake. I've just wondered a few times if there was something more to it than that. It was the way they filmed it in TFA that gave me pause; it was like they *really* wanted you to notice that he had that wound. But I really don't know what the significance of it would be beyond that.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:42 am

@nickandnora you are right !!!!!! rey shoots him in the same spot in the first telepathic meeting.The blood in snow in TFA. draw red covered with salt in the battle with Luke. After Luke disappears in TLJ. There are no wounds in the salt. It's all white. I think everything indicates the wound of Kylo opened by the death of his father. Uncle is only leading him to his redemption. The wound begins to heal and he returns to the light. I believe that the death of Han Solo must still be explained to us. I feel like a piece is missing.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum