Predictions for Episode 9

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by snufkin on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:01 pm

@nickandnora Great observation. The faux avuncular tone Snoke uses to ask "How's your wound" as a way of getting Kylo to take off the mask so he can then mock him, you think it's where Rey slashed him. But we had discussed here from the start that there would likely be some type of shirtless scene as a way of showing the full tally of his wounds. It's easiest to see the bowcaster wound in IMAX (the high waisted pants aren't helping), but Snoke's whole gambit in the aforementioned scene is to then mock him as "young SooooLow" for having "his father's heart."

Also the bit with that wound is that Rey looks at him beating iit, which circles back to him telling her that he recognizes "that look" in her eyes. Which that moment is how she looks personally betrayed/torn and for the split second where her lower lip trembles like she's going to start crying and then she sets her jaw (her eyes stay cold and furious throughout).

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Tumblr_o8e8v4c5Du1t3n54uo2_500


Last edited by snufkin on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8246
Likes : 38117
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by lauvamp on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:11 pm



I NEED THAT. I like his videos btw.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 321
Likes : 1553
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : Barcelona, SPAIN

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by nickandnora on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:52 pm

I can definitely see the wound being a metaphor for his father's death, which is why I wonder if it's going to physically reopen during IX.

On a different note, the following scene occurred to me the other day that would be quite fitting for the final installment. As someone who thinks that Rey and Ben will part and have a long goodbye close to the end of the film (and then reunite permanently some years later before the credits roll), I can picture the following scenario to mimic certain iconic lines of the previous trilogy:

Ben (before they walk away from each other for good): "Rey."
Rey (turns and looks at him)
Ben (says nothing, stares at her)
Rey (gives a sad smile): "... I know."

(I'm sure someone else on here has thought of this before me, lol)

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 517
Likes : 2627
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 3:50 pm

My updated wishlist after thinking about it some more.
Funeral on Naboo for Leia.
Having Rey standing by a picture of of Padme on Naboo and asking wondering who it is and the new Queen tells her about Padme and Anakin.
The Resistance meeting with leaders of what's left of the Senate, (friends of Leia) for allies.
Going back to Coruscant.
Rey going through the Old Jedi ruins on Coruscant.
Rey in a dress.
Kylo on Coruscant or somewhere other than the spaceship.
An old apprentice of Snoke's (apparently he had others from Visual dictionary)coming back making a deal with Hux. Hux wants to be Supreme Leader and the apprentice wants revenge on Kylo and Rey, for Snoke's death.
The apprentice is a female and her and Rey have a light saber fight.
The Knights of Ren being Kylo's new guard and being awesome.
Some kind of epic Jedi battle with Force ghosts, Kylo and Rey against dark side.
Luke, Anakin, and Kylo fighting together.
Interestingly, some people had talked about either Ben or Rey being close to death and the other brings them back. In the book, the Jedi path, where Rian got Luke's ability to project himself, there is something called the The Healing Crystals of Fire. The Jedi used them to bring people back from the brink of death.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 221
Likes : 1008
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 9:15 pm

I've seen it suggested Rey should go back to Jakku for closure, and Kylo could go to the ruined Jedi quasi-academy or Ahch-To for the same reason. I think it might be nice if we got to see them go to his own home planet of Chandrila. It could be a good avenue to learn a little about Ben and Leia.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1771
Likes : 9014
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DeeBee on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:54 pm

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:My updated wishlist after thinking about it some more.
Funeral on Naboo for Leia.
Having Rey standing by a picture of of Padme on Naboo and asking wondering who it is and the new Queen tells her about Padme and Anakin.
The Resistance meeting with leaders of what's left of the Senate, (friends of Leia) for allies.
Going back to Coruscant.
Rey going through the Old Jedi ruins on Coruscant.
Rey in a dress.
Kylo on Coruscant or somewhere other than the spaceship.
An old apprentice of Snoke's (apparently he had others from Visual dictionary)coming back making a deal with Hux. Hux wants to be Supreme Leader and the apprentice wants revenge on Kylo and Rey, for Snoke's death.
The apprentice is a female and her and Rey have a light saber fight.
The Knights of Ren being Kylo's new guard and being awesome.
Some kind of epic Jedi battle with Force ghosts, Kylo and Rey against dark side.
Luke, Anakin, and Kylo fighting together.
Interestingly, some people had talked about either Ben or Rey being close to death and the other brings them back. In the book, the Jedi path, where Rian got Luke's ability to project himself, there is something called the The Healing Crystals of Fire. The Jedi used them to bring people back from the brink of death.
@bashfulblueeyes3


That's it bashfulblueeyes3! I can't wait any longer! I just ordered the jedi path and the book of sith! Smile
I've been talking about this book a little in the ST force lore thread (which has just been moved to Takodana woods).

The healing crystals of fire could be a SW version of the kiss of life maybe?
Would saving Rey by using this advanced technique be enough to buy Ben some good favour with Rey's friends do you think? Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1317
Likes : 3914
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Lily Snape on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 12:54 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
I think she will end up saving him too, but here’s the issue: how could they make it so that it’s completely clear that Kylo isn’t just going to be rescued by Rey and then go right back to being Renperor?  You know the argument going on right now that he just used her to make his assassination of Snoke possible —he couldn’t have killed off all 9 guards if he had done it alone.  I think they have to make it clear that he doesn’t want the power, he just wants the girl.  But I’m not sure how they could do that other than having him willingly give up his Force sensitivity in some sort of Plagueis-inspired effort to save her life—again, reverse Anakin: saving the woman he loves instead of killing her, and turning away from the Dark side instead of toward it in order to do so.
@Lily Snape

I agree- and I don't want them making Ben even more of a victim or male version of a "damsel in distress". Evil or Very Mad
He was beaten and humiliated enough for my taste and I hope in IX he finally shines and shows how truly awesome he can be.
We saw already a taste of it in TLJ when he killed Snoke with a few clever flicks of his fingers- so I hope in IX he does something really bad*** - something that saves not only Rey (he saved her in VIII don't need to repeat that) but the people she cares about. Because I think with that he could truly win her heart.

Not sure about the force powers- I'm not a fan of him loosing them...rather than he choose to not use them- kind of like Luke on Ahch-To  Nope

The biggest challenge with IX in my opinion is to write a redemption arc where Ben Solo survives and do repentance where he still can somehow have a happy ending with Rey and be at peace with himself.
@Night Huntress

Agreed—they need to have him survive AND have such a convincing redemption arc that people won’t leave the theater thinking, “Yep, but he’s going to go right back to being Renperor.”  I think it kind of can’t be Rey rescuing him because the FO and Hux have attacked him—if he just goes with her and the Resistance because his own side has tried to kill him, then his motivations remain questionable.  In that case, he’s Napoleon on Elba—how long until he escapes and goes back to ruling France again?  I remember people theorizing that in TLJ he would join the good guys when Snoke would cast him aside in favor of Rey, and I remember thinking, “But if he does that, his turn won’t be believable—he will just be changing sides because his own crowd cast him aside.” Same thing if the FO and Hux overthrow or threaten him.

I guess starting Kylo out as good-guy emperor would be one option, but problematic, because it sounds like plenty of planets would prefer to rule themselves.  So, I am guessing it will be more like a choice between the FO and Rey somehow, in which he clearly and openly chooses Rey knowing full well that he will lose his leadership role and the power that goes with it.  Maybe they capture her and he stops her execution as Snoke’s supposed assassin and runs off with her?  And then gives the Resistance the info they need to take down the FO from within.  Just a guess.  Smile I think I’ve used this analogy, but remember the movie Love and Basketball?  The lead characters are friends from childhood who are both gifted basketball players, but in the end she’s playing in something like the WNBA while he cheers from the sidelines with their little girl in his arms, and it’s clear that he’s OK with that.  I think we have to see Kylo finding happiness in a different kind of life than the one he has been plotting and planning for—after realizing how unhappy he is with the life he thought he wanted, as Supreme Leader.


Last edited by Lily Snape on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity of pronoun)
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 584
Likes : 3064
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 1:28 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Night Huntress

Agreed—they need to have him survive AND have such a convincing redemption arc that people won’t leave the theater thinking, “Yep, but he’s going to go right back to being Renperor.”  I think it kind of can’t be Rey rescuing him because the FO and Hux have attacked him—if he just goes with her and the Resistance because his own side has tried to kill him, then his motivations remain questionable.  In that case, he’s Napoleon on Elba—how long until he escapes and goes back to ruling France again?  I remember people theorizing that in TLJ he would join the good guys when Snoke would cast him aside in favor of Rey, and I remember thinking, “But if he does that, his turn won’t be believable—he will just be changing sides because his own crowd cast him aside.” Same thing if the FO and Hux overthrow or threaten him.

Yes, exactly! He should abandon the FO and his position as Supreme Leader on his own free will...and imo not even (only) for Rey but because he realizes that he is in the wrong...that you can't rebuilt a corrupted organization like the FO into something new and better than the Republic was...

@Lily Snape wrote:
I guess starting Kylo out as good-guy emperor would be one option, but problematic, because it sounds like plenty of planets would prefer to rule themselves.  So, I am guessing it will be more like a choice between the FO and Rey somehow, in which he clearly and openly chooses Rey knowing full well that he will lose his leadership role and the power that goes with it.  Maybe they capture her and he stops her execution as Snoke’s supposed assassin and runs off with her?  And then gives the Resistance the info they need to take down the FO from within.  Just a guess.  Smile I think I’ve used this analogy, but remember the movie Love and Basketball?  The lead characters are friends from childhood who are both gifted basketball players, but in the end she’s playing in something like the WNBA while he cheers from the sidelines with their little girl in his arms, and it’s clear that he’s OK with that.  I think we have to see Kylo finding happiness in a different kind of life than the one he has been plotting and planning for—after realizing how unhappy he is with the life he thought he wanted, as Supreme Leader.
@Lily Snape

I'm team "Benperor" but I understand why that could be problematic - although my take on "Benporer" is not that he actually succeeds in changing the galaxy for the better but that he tries and then finally understands the FO isn't the right "tool" for his vision so he turns on the FO himself and destroys is from the inside.

But I like your idea as well. His the girl killed Snoke line is a very good option they could use in IX...would be almost a wasted opportunity if they won't...

We'll see - If I learned something after watching VIII is to never stick too much to my own wishful thinking and headcanon
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1887
Likes : 9141
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 37
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ZioRen on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 12:47 pm

I'll post this here too because why not?

I have this vision in my head of Hux wanting to "test" Kylo because he's suspicious about his attachment to "the girl". So he launches an attack where he knows Rey is without asking Kylo for approval and when Kylo flips out about it, Hux knows he has his answer. Maybe that's what fuels a potential coup.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2824
Likes : 19220
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 12:58 pm

A cur's weakness, properly manipulated, can be a sharp tool .
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 858
Likes : 3690
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-12
Age : 28
Localisation : Italy - Trentino Alto-Adige

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 1:02 pm

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
I think she will end up saving him too, but here’s the issue: how could they make it so that it’s completely clear that Kylo isn’t just going to be rescued by Rey and then go right back to being Renperor?  You know the argument going on right now that he just used her to make his assassination of Snoke possible —he couldn’t have killed off all 9 guards if he had done it alone.  I think they have to make it clear that he doesn’t want the power, he just wants the girl.  But I’m not sure how they could do that other than having him willingly give up his Force sensitivity in some sort of Plagueis-inspired effort to save her life—again, reverse Anakin: saving the woman he loves instead of killing her, and turning away from the Dark side instead of toward it in order to do so.
@Lily Snape

I agree- and I don't want them making Ben even more of a victim or male version of a "damsel in distress". Evil or Very Mad
He was beaten and humiliated enough for my taste and I hope in IX he finally shines and shows how truly awesome he can be.
We saw already a taste of it in TLJ when he killed Snoke with a few clever flicks of his fingers- so I hope in IX he does something really bad*** - something that saves not only Rey (he saved her in VIII don't need to repeat that) but the people she cares about. Because I think with that he could truly win her heart.

Not sure about the force powers- I'm not a fan of him loosing them...rather than he choose to not use them- kind of like Luke on Ahch-To  Nope

The biggest challenge with IX in my opinion is to write a redemption arc where Ben Solo survives and do repentance where he still can somehow have a happy ending with Rey and be at peace with himself.
@Night Huntress

Agreed—they need to have him survive AND have such a convincing redemption arc that people won’t leave the theater thinking, “Yep, but he’s going to go right back to being Renperor.”  I think it kind of can’t be Rey rescuing him because the FO and Hux have attacked him—if he just goes with her and the Resistance because his own side has tried to kill him, then his motivations remain questionable.  In that case, he’s Napoleon on Elba—how long until he escapes and goes back to ruling France again?  I remember people theorizing that in TLJ he would join the good guys when Snoke would cast him aside in favor of Rey, and I remember thinking, “But if he does that, his turn won’t be believable—he will just be changing sides because his own crowd cast him aside.” Same thing if the FO and Hux overthrow or threaten him.

I guess starting Kylo out as good-guy emperor would be one option, but problematic, because it sounds like plenty of planets would prefer to rule themselves.  So, I am guessing it will be more like a choice between the FO and Rey somehow, in which he clearly and openly chooses Rey knowing full well that he will lose his leadership role and the power that goes with it.  Maybe they capture her and he stops her execution as Snoke’s supposed assassin and runs off with her?  And then gives the Resistance the info they need to take down the FO from within.  Just a guess.  Smile I think I’ve used this analogy, but remember the movie Love and Basketball?  The lead characters are friends from childhood who are both gifted basketball players, but in the end she’s playing in something like the WNBA while he cheers from the sidelines with their little girl in his arms, and it’s clear that he’s OK with that.  I think we have to see Kylo finding happiness in a different kind of life than the one he has been plotting and planning for—after realizing how unhappy he is with the life he thought he wanted, as Supreme Leader.
@Lily Snape

I'm REALLY not a fan of the idea of Rey getting captured again, but I really think that what you're proposing here is probably the least convoluted way to set Ben up for a believeable redemption (and one that would fit the Reverse Anidala scenario nicely).

I do think that TLJ was set up for Hux to go for a coup, but in trying to think through how that would work--I agree that that situation would lessen Ben's agency in his redemption. Putting him in a situation where Rey is threatened again, and this time having him choose Rey over the power offered by the FO/his position would both be powerful and show that he learned from his mistakes in TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 1:27 pm

I am not a fan of Kylo losing his powers, because of how it connects him to Rey. If he closes that off, then he closes himself off from Rey in a very intimate way. Having that connections makes them closer than any couple could be.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 221
Likes : 1008
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by snufkin on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 1:37 pm

See this is where I find the "okay now he's gone full bad like every other stereotypical villain" type of conclusions so annoying. Because the writer/director keeps hitting people over the head, including his interview and social media comments, that the stakes have changed to a far more personal and intimate relationship between the two of them. That's where the drama comes in, not "does an audience conditioned by the Myth of Redemptive Violence (which Luke's whole arc is about refuting) finally get its Woo Hoo moment in IX when Rey kills Kylo Ren?" That's so not the point and people keep missing it or trying to turn a film which is about unpacking expectations into the type of expectations it deconstructs.

And we already got a bit of that in the Throne Room, which toys with expectations from the OT that the bad guy turns on his boss over a loved one and chooses to do the Right Thing. Which does and doesn't happen. But what is interesting in a plot line and characters where the director so frequently references the PT (and did an an entire live event with Denis Villaneuve about referencing/rhyming with the iconic films they're following up on), is that it also references something else. The story of somebody who betrays his Master and the Order he pledges himself because he falls in love with a woman. And in the case of the PT, he's tasked with protecting her because she's powerful/important and in the ST he's tasked with killing her because she's powerful/important. What's interesting is that going into IX, we're off into "What if?" territory because he does betray the leader/cause he'd pledged himself to, the woman he loves survives to fight another day, and now they're back again (to paraphrase Kasdan's line in TFA about them) to being adversaries again. It's deeply personal for the both of them and neither side knows about it. That's just too prime for interesting drama and in a way that your standard brainless blockbuster (and audiences/hardcore fans) doesn't condition expectations.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8246
Likes : 38117
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 3:00 pm

One of the weirdest things about the mainstream discourse around IX is that it's as if TLJ never happened, even to many who liked the movie. It's like "I made all kinds of theories and hedcanons and wishlists for Episode VIII, but none of them came true, and all my expectations were subverted. I shall now approach Episode IX with all kinds of theories and headcanons and wishlists and expect it to conform to my expectations." Like, what? Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. Very Happy That we will all be exposed to years more of "Kylo is now the big bad that will outbig and outbad Vader" by people with no better than a half-baked concept of storytelling is exhausting just to think about. I'd be better off chilling here in the interim.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1771
Likes : 9014
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by vaderito on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 3:37 pm

@californiagirl wrote:One of the weirdest things about the mainstream discourse around IX is that it's as if TLJ never happened, even to many who liked the movie. It's like "I made all kinds of theories and hedcanons and wishlists for Episode VIII, but none of them came true, and all my expectations were subverted. I shall now approach Episode IX with all kinds of theories and headcanons and wishlists and expect it to conform to my expectations." Like, what? Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. Very Happy That we will all be exposed to years more of "Kylo is now the big bad that will outbig and outbad Vader" by people with no better than a half-baked concept of storytelling is exhausting just to think about. I'd be better off chilling here in the interim.
@californiagirl

true. Plus, antis keep bringing up the same TFA arguments that went nowhere (tree, abuse, rape, save the little girls) since TLJ didn't even bother with them. It's as if TLJ never happened and we are to jump form TFA into IX. Hilarious. They are not going to like IX.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10377
Likes : 50091
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Birdwoman on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 3:46 pm

They brought up the tree again???? Rolling Eyes lol! lol!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1200
Likes : 5222
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by MyOnlyHope on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 4:42 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:One of the weirdest things about the mainstream discourse around IX is that it's as if TLJ never happened, even to many who liked the movie. It's like "I made all kinds of theories and hedcanons and wishlists for Episode VIII, but none of them came true, and all my expectations were subverted. I shall now approach Episode IX with all kinds of theories and headcanons and wishlists and expect it to conform to my expectations." Like, what? Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. Very Happy That we will all be exposed to years more of "Kylo is now the big bad that will outbig and outbad Vader" by people with no better than a half-baked concept of storytelling is exhausting just to think about. I'd be better off chilling here in the interim.
@californiagirl
true. Plus, antis keep bringing up the same TFA arguments that went nowhere (tree, abuse, rape, save the little girls) since TLJ didn't even bother with them. It's as if TLJ never happened and we are to jump form TFA into IX. Hilarious. They are not going to like IX.
@vaderito
The anti reaction is absurd and cringe-worthy but not unexpected. We called it when we joked about them calling misdirection at the entire movie when it didn't go their way, and that's essentially what ended up happening.  Laughing They can't really fight against the movie itself since Rian very clearly painted the Rey-Kylo dynamic as romantic (not to mention he and others confirmed their intention and revealed that J.J. and Kasdan were describing Rey and Kylo in those terms way back in 2013). So instead of fighting against the movie (aka an argument they've already lost), they're choosing to be like "what movie?" and are just falling back on the typical "save the little girls" crap. All they can really do at this point is write thinkpieces about why Reylo "shouldn't be endgame." It's already canon and part of the ST, so all that's left is praying for J.J. to retcon it out I guess.

The good news is the GA loves the Reylo dynamic (as evidenced all over social media). It's talked about and acknowledged openly as the best part of the movie. TLJ accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish as far as the GA goes. It made people empathize with Kylo and want see him clean up his act. It made people want to see Rey and Kylo on the same team (because they're, and I quote, "relationship goals"). It also made people want Rey to want Kylo after he gets his act together. Literally just look anywhere. These kinds of reactions are all over Twitter, YouTube and Reddit. The Reylo ship tweet drew in more attention than the Solo: A Star Wars Story movie description and the final SW Rebels trailer (just lol). Even if we were premature in some of our predictions (three act story and all), most of what we said was going to happen in VIII did wind up happening (Force bond, Rey Random, Kylo saves Rey, dynamic is romantic, subtext becomes text-text, some kind of physical intimacy, tons of UST, and the two of them end the movie as something other than just enemies). All of that happened plus the movie turned out to be one big sexual awakening metaphor between unredeemed bad boy Kylo and role model for little girls everywhere Rey (I was so not expecting them to go so far with Kylo still a villain), something most reviewers picked up on!
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8579
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 4:49 pm

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:One of the weirdest things about the mainstream discourse around IX is that it's as if TLJ never happened, even to many who liked the movie. It's like "I made all kinds of theories and hedcanons and wishlists for Episode VIII, but none of them came true, and all my expectations were subverted. I shall now approach Episode IX with all kinds of theories and headcanons and wishlists and expect it to conform to my expectations." Like, what? Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them. Very Happy That we will all be exposed to years more of "Kylo is now the big bad that will outbig and outbad Vader" by people with no better than a half-baked concept of storytelling is exhausting just to think about. I'd be better off chilling here in the interim.
@californiagirl
true. Plus, antis keep bringing up the same TFA arguments that went nowhere (tree, abuse, rape, save the little girls) since TLJ didn't even bother with them. It's as if TLJ never happened and we are to jump form TFA into IX. Hilarious. They are not going to like IX.
@vaderito
The anti reaction is absurd and cringe-worthy but not unexpected. We called it when we joked about them calling misdirection at the entire movie when it didn't go their way, and that's essentially what ended up happening.  Laughing They can't really fight against the movie itself since Rian very clearly painted the Rey-Kylo dynamic as romantic (not to mention he and others confirmed their intention and revealed that J.J. and Kasdan were describing Rey and Kylo in those terms way back in 2013). So instead of fighting against the movie (aka an argument they've already lost), they're choosing to be like "what movie?" and are just falling back on the typical "save the little girls" crap. All they can really do at this point is write thinkpieces about why Reylo "shouldn't be endgame." It's already canon and part of the ST, so all that's left is praying for J.J. to retcon it out I guess.

The good news is the GA loves the Reylo dynamic (as evidenced all over social media). It's talked about and acknowledged openly as the best part of the movie. TLJ accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish as far as the GA goes. It made people empathize with Kylo and want see him clean up his act. It made people want to see Rey and Kylo on the same team (because they're, and I quote, "relationship goals"). It also made people want Rey to want Kylo after he gets his act together. Literally just look anywhere. These kinds of reactions are all over Twitter, YouTube and Reddit. The Reylo ship tweet drew in more attention than the Solo: A Star Wars Story movie description and the final SW Rebels trailer (just lol). Even if we were premature in some of our predictions (three act story and all), most of what we said was going to happen in VIII did wind up happening (Force bond, Rey Random, Kylo saves Rey, dynamic is romantic, subtext becomes text-text, some kind of physical intimacy, tons of UST, and the two of them end the movie as something other than just enemies). All of that happened plus the movie turned out to be one big sexual awakening metaphor between unredeemed bad boy Kylo and role model for little girls everywhere Rey (I was so not expecting them to go so far with Kylo still a villain), something most reviewers picked up on!
@MyOnlyHope

It's hilarious because there were two years of arguments from stubborn antis over every little crime and transgression Kylo committed in TFA and yet the only one that mattered and was acknowledged was Han's death lolololol. The Reylo ship tweet being more popular than the Solo movie news is also comedy gold.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1426
Likes : 11305
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 23
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 5:23 pm

Add to all this the inevitable claims of "JJ is going to save us from the SW hating Rian Johnson, except at the same time I'm also mad that there was no plan for the ST" (seriously, pick one side, do you want your director-writers to do whatever they want or not) followed by the also inevitable feelings of betrayal when IX is released. Who will people blame more, JJ or Rian? Or the evil Mouse House??? The reactions and outrage are all so predictable it's funny/sad, while everyone thinks they have the hottest take and the most insight out of anyone, and no one saw fill in the blank plot point/character development coming. If we're being honest, outside of Luke's hero's journey, the trajectory of the OT plot/story is not the clearest either, but no one complains about that. ANH and ESB are very different movies, and RotJ is mixture of seriousness and goofiness that is off-putting to some. I like the OT too, but it's held on way too high a pedestal, and the ST to far higher (or just pickier) standards with no one realizing it.


Last edited by californiagirl on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1771
Likes : 9014
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rawpowah on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 5:29 pm

Antis have not learned from their mistakes. You'd think they'd re-calibrate after being so wrong about TLJ, but nope the delusion is still strong. And not only did they mischaracterize Kylo (who they hate anyway, so they would not have got him right anyway), but they also mischaracterized the characters they actually liked in TFA (who you'd expect them to get right lol).

I've reached peak pettiness, that at this point I would be perfectly fine with JJ ending the trilogy with a big fat space wedding. Might as well just go all out. Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 957
Likes : 4788
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Riri on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm

Hello everyone Smile. I'm delighted I found a Reylo positive forum!

I have a couple of thoughts in regards to Ep 9. Firstly, will Rey reform the Jedi order? I mean, in a way, she kind of has to in order for "Reylo" to happen i.e the "no attachment" rule which led to the secrecy of Anakin and Padme's relationship. Also Luke at the beginning of TLJ spoke of the failures and arrogance of Jedi from the old Republic, surely she will reform the code to make it less dogmatic and more in tune with emotions such as fear, love, anger and perhaps she'll realise that she will have to do this with Ben.
2) I was thinking about the lightsaber duels and how Ep9 will definitely need one. Wouldn't it be cool if Ben had a cave-like vision where he had to duel Kylo Ren and in the end he realises that he has to accept the Kylo within him but in balance so not to control him?

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 809
Likes : 5727
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by lauvamp on Mon 22 Jan 2018, 7:24 pm

I need to see:

- First Reylo connection after Crait due to Leia's death
- Rey's friends being shocked (Finn in special) when they notice Reylo connection+ Rey's compassion towards Ben
- Reylo fighting together again against FO section lead by Hux
- Hux secretly planning how to dethrone & kill Kylo
- Kylo + KOR like a dark (cool) version of King Arthur and his knights
- One KOR rebel / jealous trying to kill Rey and Kylo saving her, like the force vision (TFA)
- Anakin and Luke ghosts
- More grey, much more
- Rose's "That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love" coming true = Rey & Kylo
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 321
Likes : 1553
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : Barcelona, SPAIN

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:24 am

So this post could probably fit in a lot of threads, but since we didn't see any implications of this decision in TLJ, maybe we will see them in IX?

Okay, so remember when Rian supposedly had Claudia Grey include the Napkin Bombing part in Bloodline? In the end I think we just thought a random Twilek server did it because she was probably with the FO. (I need to reread that part). But what if that was a red herring?

Bloodline made a big deal about how no one handwrote anymore, except on places like Ryloth. So it was easy to look at the Twilek.

But now we know that Ben Solo writes too with his calligraphy. Also, we know that it took a long time for the news of the Temple meltdown to get out to the outside galaxy. Then add in how young Ben looked and how JJ wanted to make a KoR movie ...and suddenly it becomes possible that Ben had broken away from Luke quite a while before the Vader reveal.

So I am wondering, would the circumstances actually make it possible that Ben was warning his mother in Bloodline?

This whole line of thought was inspired by this interesting Reddit discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7sb0sp/ben_solo_saved_his_mom_in_bloodline_novel_and_its/
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4735
Likes : 22918
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:29 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:So this post could probably fit in a lot of threads, but since we didn't see any implications of this decision in TLJ, maybe we will see them in IX?

Okay, so remember when Rian supposedly had Claudia Grey include the Napkin Bombing part in Bloodline? In the end I think we just thought a random Twilek server did it because she was probably with the FO. (I need to reread that part). But what if that was a red herring?

Bloodline made a big deal about how no one handwrote anymore, except on places like Ryloth. So it was easy to look at the Twilek.

But now we know that Ben Solo writes too with his calligraphy. Also, we know that it took a long time for the news of the Temple meltdown to get out to the outside galaxy. Then add in how young Ben looked and how JJ wanted to make a KoR movie ...and suddenly it becomes possible that Ben had broken away from Luke quite a while before the Vader reveal.

So I am wondering, would the circumstances actually make it possible that Ben was warning his mother in Bloodline?

This whole line of thought was inspired by this interesting Reddit discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7sb0sp/ben_solo_saved_his_mom_in_bloodline_novel_and_its/
@SoloSideCousin

Given the build-up that we got for Bloodline and how it was supposed to have multiple ties to things in TLJ, I did find it odd that not really anything beyond the overt "bloodline" symbolism/references made it into TLJ.

It's been a while since I read Bloodline, but I thought it was pretty clear that the twilek sent the napkin warning? (I could be wrong and just inferred things.) I also thought that the whole bombing incident was basically a warning/shot-across-the-bow from the FO, rather than actually intending to kill anyone?

Granted, the whole "napkin incident" does seem like a random thing for Rian to have requested if it doesn't tie in anywhere else in the ST.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5693
Likes : 29568
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 38 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:38 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:So this post could probably fit in a lot of threads, but since we didn't see any implications of this decision in TLJ, maybe we will see them in IX?

Okay, so remember when Rian supposedly had Claudia Grey include the Napkin Bombing part in Bloodline? In the end I think we just thought a random Twilek server did it because she was probably with the FO. (I need to reread that part). But what if that was a red herring?

Bloodline made a big deal about how no one handwrote anymore, except on places like Ryloth. So it was easy to look at the Twilek.

But now we know that Ben Solo writes too with his calligraphy. Also, we know that it took a long time for the news of the Temple meltdown to get out to the outside galaxy. Then add in how young Ben looked and how JJ wanted to make a KoR movie ...and suddenly it becomes possible that Ben had broken away from Luke quite a while before the Vader reveal.

So I am wondering, would the circumstances actually make it possible that Ben was warning his mother in Bloodline?

This whole line of thought was inspired by this interesting Reddit discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7sb0sp/ben_solo_saved_his_mom_in_bloodline_novel_and_its/
@SoloSideCousin

Given the build-up that we got for Bloodline and how it was supposed to have multiple ties to things in TLJ, I did find it odd that not really anything beyond the overt "bloodline" symbolism/references made it into TLJ.

It's been a while since I read Bloodline, but I thought it was pretty clear that the twilek sent the napkin warning? (I could be wrong and just inferred things.) I also thought that the whole bombing incident was basically a warning/shot-across-the-bow from the FO, rather than actually intending to kill anyone?

Granted, the whole "napkin incident" does seem like a random thing for Rian to have requested if it doesn't tie in anywhere else in the ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

I was just like you. Until I read this post, I was like, "yeah, the Twilek did it." But how with the calligraphy, something we didn't know until TLJ, I wonder if the Bloodline text offers any wiggle room. I will have to re-read it ... because if this were to turn out to be Ben, that's maybe two incidents where he tried to warn his mother, adding in the mysterious datacard from TFA that Pablo wouldn't talk about.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4735
Likes : 22918
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum