Who dropped Rey off on Jakku?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who dropped Rey off on Jakku? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who dropped Rey off on Jakku?

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 29 May 2016, 3:36 pm

Ok, this is my latest theory based on some narrative simililarities of TFA, to the movies Shane, Yojimbo, Seven Samuarai etc.. I made a post about that in the Knights of Ren thread.

A line from the plot synopsis

"Sanjuro learns that the woman is the wife of a local farmer who lost her to Ushitora over a gambling debt, who then gave her away as chattel to the town's powerful residents in order to gain their support. "

Maybe Rey is sold to Unkar Plutt for money, by a family member, not her mother or father but a bad family member, maybe step Uncle or step Aunt.

And that is why she says it is a "mistake"
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 3:14 pm

How about this guy

Sarco Plankk

Sarco Plank grew up in the settlement of Tikaroo on the planet Devaron, but was never popular with the town folk and came to consider the surrounding jungle his home, only returning to civilization when necessary. He was alive at a time when the Jedi Order was still active on Devaron prior to their destruction during Order 66, and was aware of the Jedi Temple of Eedit located near Tikaroo. For years he hoped to enter the temple and loot the treasures he imagined were inside, but he was stopped by the Empire, who banned entry to the location and protected it with sensors. He became commonly known as "the Scavenger", a nickname he hated, but earned by seeking out valuable objects and finding clients to purchase them. He also sometimes worked as a guide, and was free to operate as he pleased since he owned both his own gear and mount, whereas most local guides rented their equipment from a local depot owner named Porst. On some occasions, Plank would guide his clients to a gloomy depression carpeted with moss and kill them there, leaving their corpses amongst the dirt and leaves. His victims were normally wealthy and eccentric old hunters who had no one that would report them missing once they were gone. He claimed that the clients met with unfortunate accidents, but some locals came to suspect his involvement.[2]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sarco_Plank
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:56 am

This is a video from Gwendy the tumblr blogger and her theories, I agree with some but not most. Where I agree, because I am pretty sure these where my observations first here on our board...,  is that by the end of TFA both Kylo & Luke know who Rey is. Gwendy thinks Luke left Rey on Jakku..... Confus

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 9:05 am

@Spacebaby45678

That's...actually pretty good. It could explains why Ben turned and why he lost faith in Luke as a teacher.  It also ties the light saber to Rey's abandonment on Jakku (in The Force Vision)? It was the only moment that didnt, seemingly, have it there but now it all connects.

Of course at the same time...it contradicts what Maz said about "whoever dropped you off on Jakku...they're never coming back." She out and out separated Luke (and possibly Ben) the ones who did it.

He was presented as the someone who could come back.  The belonging Rey sought lied ahead meaning not the people who left her. The main thing I liked was Ben turning because he felt Luke failed him somehow. It does present some Intresting speculation.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 6:47 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:@Spacebaby45678

That's...actually pretty good. It could explains why Ben turned and why he lost faith in Luke as a teacher.  It also ties the light saber to Rey's abandonment on Jakku (in The Force Vision)? It was the only moment that didnt, seemingly, have it there but now it all connects.

Of course at the same time...it contradicts what Maz said about "whoever dropped you off on Jakku...they're never coming back." She out and out separated Luke (and possibly Ben) the ones who did it.

He was presented as the someone who could come back.  The belonging Rey sought lied ahead meaning not the people who left her. The main thing I liked was Ben turning because he felt Luke failed him somehow. It does present some Intresting speculation.
@Darth Dementor
They are going to have to connect this whole thing together. I think it's possible whatever "thing" Ben and Luke were doing together that Pablo has described as "part of the story" may have had something to do with "the girl". No way Luke left her on Jakku or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does know something, as this thing is going to have to be a very self-contained story. We know Ben and Luke were also looking into the history of the Jedi, so maybe everything will go hand-in-hand?
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 7:11 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Hmmm so perhaps there is something to the early rumours of Ben dropping Rey off on Jakku?

If it's like the video's hypothesis it would make perfect sense and flow with Reylo's ying and yang:  Ben's parent came from the light and he turned evil.  Rey's were evil but she turned to good.

And if the exploding hut rumours is true I can see what made Luke do it now. Ben was telling Rey what happened to her parents, causing the master Jedi to kirk out. Plus it could be another explanation for their Luke and Bens falling out. Ben did it without Luke's knowledge and permission causing him to lose trust in his padawan. Ben lost confidence in Luke's teaching because he disagreed with how to handle the orphaned girl?

And I dig the idea of them Force Bonding as kids.  Now I have a plethora of new questions and thoughts where this is going.  And it makes me want to re-examine TFA in a different angel?

Last edited by Darth Dementor on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm

@Darth Dementor wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

Hmmm so perhaps there is something to the early rumours of Ben dropping Rey off on Jakku?

If it's like the video's hypothesis it would make perfect sense and flow with Reylo's ying and yang: Ben's patent came from the light and he turned evil. Rey's were evil but she turned to good.

And if the exploding hut rumours is true I can see what made Luke do it. Ben was telling Rey what happened to her parents, causing the master Jedi to kirk out.

And I dig the idea of them Force Bonding as kids. Now I have a plethora of new questions and thoughts where this is going. And it makes me want to re-examine TFA in a different angel?
@Darth Dementor
No, I don't think Ben dropped her off either. I think both Luke and Ben may have been looking for her by the time Ben was in his early 20's, but I just can't see 15-year-old Ben being the one who ditched her there. It really doesn't fit with the timeline, and it contradicts the whole "they're not coming back" thing.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 7:27 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

Snap your right; I forgot about Maz's statement. Ben is touted as one of the people who could come back for and in a sense he did. When he found out she was in the Takodana forest he went in looking for her and when she escaped he went back for her again.

I can't shake the idea now,  that Luke and Ben briefly ran into her as a kid.  The idea of them killing her parents because they were bad makes the saga more compelling.

Now I'm thinking one of Rey's parents did survive the attack (her Dad according to Pablo's statement of a man saying he'll come back for her) then dropped her off on the planet.  Maybe he's still alive and we find out why he didn't come back on VII or IX?

It would explain why Kylo freaked out when he heard about the girl on Jakku?

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 7:31 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:@Spacebaby45678

@Darth Dementor
They are going to have to connect this whole thing together. I think it's possible whatever "thing" Ben and Luke were doing together that Pablo has described as "part of the story" may have had something to do with "the girl". No way Luke left her on Jakku or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does know something, as this thing is going to have to be a very self-contained story. We know Ben and Luke were also looking into the history of the Jedi, so maybe everything will go hand-in-hand?
@FrolickingFizzgig

This is where it seems to people get too enthusiastic about the Mystery Box/Ring Theory/"I AM YOUR FATHER!"  and start conjecturing out scenarios that are more about satisfying the logic of those particular tropes than the story at hand.

Yeah I agree that Luke has no connection to her being stuck on Jakku*, although there is likely some connection between him and her parents. Possibly Kenobi, but most definitely she's connected to the history of the Jedi. And definitely not Ben if Maz's cryptic remarks about "whomever left you isn't coming back [for you], but there is somebody who still could [come back for you]" is about Ben.

What seemed plausible to me first time I saw TFA was that whatever Snoke has been up to, especially with snatching up children. We know that already from Ben and Finn's stories and she's the linchpin of the main trio - has to be the same reason. Plus the linking of the scenes where Poe sends off BB-8** and he is then rescued by Rey just seemed like a clue what happened to her as a child. That there was a "it'll be alright, I'll come back!" moment between her and her parents, who were trying to outrun/protect her from the DS/Snoke/FO.

* More plausible than Luke and/or Ben having a connection is that the knowledge of her being stuck on Jakku under Plutt's thumb while they were larking around the galaxy will eat at both of them b/c they could've rescued her.
**Somebody needs to give Oscar Isaac an award for convincingly delivering a "I will find you!" a la Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans speech to a robot
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 4:53 am

Another video from Gwendy85. In it she made me look at the line "Wait here. I'll comeback for you, sweetheart," at a different angle.

Everyone has assumed it was said to Rey on Jakku, but what if it was said at a different time than from when Rey saw herself dumped on the planet? Just like how Yoda and OB1 spoke in her vision that line could be a future event like rain scene and the SKB duel.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 2:53 pm

I said on that podcast and still maintain that Ben said those words I will be back sweet heart to Rey somewhere other than Jakku. Because ring theory and it is in the Rey Kenobi files for weeks now. 4 things were missing or lost before TFA. The MF,  the Map, The Skywalker Saber, and Rey.  3 if those things are on Jakku. 3 of those things are found again by the mid way point of the movie. I think by the end of the movie all 4 things are found.  Rey is the 4th thing found. Because Ben says "it is you". Ben Solo is the real mystery box not Rey.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 4:38 pm

In my opinion, there are two options:
1)she was abandoned by an a***ole;
2) by someone who hadn't no other option to "save, hide" his/her daughter.
Maria Antonietta
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 5:22 pm

@Force22 wrote:[
@snufkin

Yes, I thought so too. I was listening to the Star Wars Connection parentage podcast, and the mention that there are two mysteries, and in stories two mysteries tend to be connected. It would be sloppy storytelling to have two random mysterious unrelated events in the past. They have to be connected, but not in the sense that Rey was abandoned when Ben turned. Maybe Luke was looking for her, or looking for something her family keeps. Maybe her past is related to the FO and Snoke somehow. That would make a more satisfying story.

As to your comment on Oscar Isaac, I agree. No wonder some people ship him and BB-8. No, really, it was well done. In fact, Oscar Isaac's entire screen time is heart warming.
@Force22

You've seen this, right?

Who dropped Rey off on Jakku? - Page 2 CbVAESLUsAAARjA

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum