Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread)

Post by ZioRen on Sat 28 Apr - 1:35

My view: Kylux is absolutely not, has never been, and will never be real and they've probably always disliked each other. I think we've seen most of what we're going to see about why Kylo chose to join the First Order and I could never see Disney making Hux part of that. Well, more like join Snoke, since Kylo has never really cared about the First Order up until he was poised to take over Snoke's position in TLJ.

However, I don't see why Kylo couldn't potentially be bisexual or have crushed on a boy in the past. Why not, I guess? I just don't really think they'll make any romantic feelings for anyone other than for Rey relevant for him in any story, though. It adds nothing to his character or arc to do that. I think as far as Kylo goes, the character is basically going to be "Reysexual". Laughing

Last edited by ZioRen on Sat 28 Apr - 1:40; edited 2 times in total
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Horny Space Virgins With Issues (aka The "Yes Rey and Kylo Are Totes Virgins" thread)

Post by special_cases on Sat 28 Apr - 1:38

@AhsokaTano I understand your idea but I kind of can't see something like this in Kylo\Hux dynamic. And how Kylo can know Hux before FO? Also, I think if they wanted to play scenario with "Kylo is gay\bi" they would have made this an important part of the story in the beginning.

Seems Driver asked about girls because he played attraction to Rey in TFA and thinks that Kylo is hetero. As Pablo hinted in his tweets.
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Apr - 1:56

I will forever think of Hux and Kylo/Ben as the Tracy Flick and Paul Metzler of the First Order. You know this is how Hux reacted when Kylo showed up and threatened his position as the golden legacy child of the Empire

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 28 Apr - 2:00

Well, I'm totally open minded - I really am. But not every single person/character is bisexual, gay or whatever...some are just simply straight and that's ok. Nope

I'm straight and sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for not being into both genders sexually...which is kind of stupid and hypocritical.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 28 Apr - 2:03

@ special_cases
I didn’t realise Pablo had confirmed kylo’s sexuality in tweets . Ok one less piece of info then we could get from Ben Solo’s past then . Though as I said above I love Kylo/Ben as a character whatever his sexuality . Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 28 Apr - 2:15

Someone asked Pablo whether Kylo was gay or straight and he told them to go with what TFA told them. Indicating what we see on screen is his interest in Rey. Ben's sexuality prior to TFA isn't really pertinent to the story, beyond Driver knowing how to play the sex metaphor in the hut. Speaking as a queer woman.

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Sat 28 Apr - 3:28; edited 1 time in total
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 28 Apr - 2:45

@snufkin haha brilliant!

@AhsokaTano I don't think we can say he CONFIRMED but kind of strong hint. But I think Kylo can be bi, why not? I just can't see Hux as someone important in this storyline.

Also, it would have been so cool if Kylo is a girl (and Rey is girl) and vice versa. I'm very open to such scenarios. Sadly I don't think I will see something like this in mainstream even in 10 years.
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 28 Apr - 2:50

@special_cases The only part of Ben's backstory for his fall that I'm really interested in seeing is Hux's reaction when he shows up at the First Order. Can you imagine? He's spent his whole life scheming, preening, murdering, and feeling entitled to eventually becoming Emperor/Supreme Leader and here this other kid shows up and is like, "hey everybody, Darth Vader is my grandpa!" His freak out/hissy fit must have been epic!

It's also a contrast point b/c Rey *should* be considered the same way, a rival. But as with the scene with Poe, how he reacts to her versus how he reacts to Hux, is very deliberate.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 28 Apr - 2:52

@MeadowofAshes wrote:Someone asked Pablo whether Kylo was gay or straight and he told them to go with what TFA told them. Indicating what we see on screen is his interest in Rey. Ben's sexuality prior to TFA isn't really pertinent to the story, beyind Driver knowing how to play the sex metaphor in he hut. Speaking as a queer woman.
@MeadowofAshes

Pretty much. People joke about Kylo being 'Reysexual' but it has a lot of truth to it. I can't see him being into anyone else ever. It plays into the soulmate/intertwined destinies vibe too. Rey is basically the 'one.'

Also the reason I think Driver had asked whether Kylo had ever kissed a girl was because he played Kylo as being attracted to Rey in TFA and TLJ and wanted to gauge how sexually experienced he is so he could know how to play the hand touch right.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 28 Apr - 3:11

@Kylo Rey - I like that, whatever Kylo’s past, he’s Reysexual now. Smile

To me, he comes across as someone who’s never had any intimate relationships with anyone, male or female. I don’t think Adam asking if Kylo has ever kissed a “girl,” was meant as a way to keep it open. It seems that was just Adam asking something that would inform him about Kylo’s interactions with Rey (a girl), which implies some kind of attraction towards her, and based on Rian’s answer, Kylo has perhaps kissed at least one girl before, but not much else.

Even if Kylo were bisexual, there’s nothing in canon that implies he’s ever had any past physical or romantic relationship with anyone like Hux or that Kylo’s defection had anything to do with him. Everything we know about them points to them being bitter rivals who met after Kylo’s defection.

The story of Kylo’s defection seems to invole Snoke, his relationship with his family, his legacy as a Skywalker/Vader’s grandson, and the fact Luke tried to kill him in his sleep, so to me, it seems unlikely there will be a reveal that a past lover was a reason Kylo defected to the FO. That would completely change the dynamics of the current story and doesn’t square with any of the other factors involved in his turn.

Last edited by Kessel on Sat 28 Apr - 3:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat 28 Apr - 3:12

@ Meadowofashes
@ Kylo Rey
Reysexual I like that and Rey being the one ! Smile
@ everyone
Regarding kylo’s sexuality it’s cool whatever he is - one of my fav non Star Wars literary characters ever was Lestat from the vampire chronicles ( another anti hero ). I have a thing about anti heroes regardless of gender ,sexuality etc lol! Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 28 Apr - 3:29

@AhsokaTano wrote:@ special_cases
I didn’t realise Pablo had confirmed kylo’s sexuality in tweets . Ok one less piece of info then we could get from Ben Solo’s past then . Though as I said above I love Kylo/Ben as a character whatever his sexuality . Smile
@AhsokaTano

I think it's perfectly fine to bring up the idea for some debate, so we can see things from different angles, but still, in my books, defo "reysexual" as @ZioRen suggested. I think Snoke just liked playing Hux and Kylo Ren against each other, kinda keeping each other in line, less work for Snoke.

Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 28 Apr - 3:34

@Kessel wrote:@Kylo Rey - I like that, whatever Kylo’s past, he’s Reysexual now. Smile

To me, he comes across as someone who’s never had any intimate relationships with anyone, male or female. I don’t think Adam asking if Kylo has ever kissed a “girl,” was meant as a way to keep it open. It seems that was just Adam asking something that would inform him about Kylo’s interactions with Rey (a girl), which implies some kind of attraction towards her, and based on Rian’s answer, Kylo has perhaps kissed at least one girl before, but not much else.

Even if Kylo were bisexual, there’s nothing in canon that implies he’s ever had any past physical or romantic relationship with anyone like Hux or that Kylo’s defection had anything to do with him. Everything we know about them points to them being bitter rivals who met after Kylo’s defection.

The story of Kylo’s defection seems to invole Snoke, his relationship with his family, his legacy as a Skywalker/Vader’s grandson, and the fact Luke tried to kill him in his sleep, so to me, it seems unlikely there will be a reveal that a past lover was a reason Kylo defected to the FO. That would completely change the dynamics of the current story and doesn’t square with any of the other factors involved in his turn.
@Kessel

Kylo being Reysexual is hot AF. He would be extremely loyal and go to the ends of the earth for her (once they actually get into a stable, healthy relationship). Agreed that Adam asking that question was only relevant as it pertains to his main significant relationship in the ST (a girl) and pretty much confirms Adam's intentions in the way he was playing his scenes, which is something antis should be asking themselves, but whatever. I just remembered that JJ wanted Adam's opinions and contributions in shaping the character and I'm really curious as to what that ended up including, just in general. It makes me laugh because Rian turned down nearly all of Mark's suggestions lol.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 28 Apr - 3:41

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Kessel wrote:@Kylo Rey - I like that, whatever Kylo’s past, he’s Reysexual now. Smile

@Kessel

Kylo being Reysexual is hot AF. He would be extremely loyal and go to the ends of the earth for her (once they actually get into a stable, healthy relationship). Agreed that Adam asking that question was only relevant as it pertains to his main significant relationship in the ST (a girl) and pretty much confirms Adam's intentions in the way he was playing his scenes, which is something antis should be asking themselves, but whatever. I was just reminded that JJ wanted Adam's opinions and contributions in shaping the character and I'm really curious as to what that ended up including, just in general. It makes me laugh because Rian turned down nearly all of Mark's suggestions lol.
@Kylo Rey

Word.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 28 Apr - 8:46

@Kylo Rey wrote:

@Kessel

Kylo being Reysexual is hot AF. He would be extremely loyal and go to the ends of the earth for her (once they actually get into a stable, healthy relationship). Agreed that Adam asking that question was only relevant as it pertains to his main significant relationship in the ST (a girl) and pretty much confirms Adam's intentions in the way he was playing his scenes, which is something antis should be asking themselves, but whatever. I just remembered that JJ wanted Adam's opinions and contributions in shaping the character and I'm really curious as to what that ended up including, just in general. It makes me laugh because Rian turned down nearly all of Mark's suggestions lol.
@Kylo Rey

People can ship whatever they like and I have zero problems with Kylux, but I’m also not afraid to identify it for what it is - a crack ship and nothing more.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sat 28 Apr - 9:23

We just want to give a reminder that this is a Reylo forum, which has been created at a time where the topic was forbidden on other boards. It has been decided that discussion of ships involving Rey and/or Kylo with someone else would not be permitted here. We have no problem of course with anyone here being multishippers, but this is simply to remind you that this forum is exclusively for Reylo, but there are thankfully other platforms out there which are all about the other ships.

If you have any questions, the staff is available for you via PM. Smile
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 28 Apr - 10:39

Rey is totally going to intiate the first kiss and I can't wait for that!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 28 Apr - 11:54

@Riri wrote:Rey is totally going to intiate the first kiss and I can't wait for that!
@Riri

I agree! Hmm have we discussed whether Rey is a virgin?
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 28 Apr - 12:04

@DeeBee wrote:
@Riri wrote:Rey is totally going to intiate the first kiss and I can't wait for that!
@Riri

@DeeBee

Outside of being sexually assaulted, an unfortunate realistic scenario given her upbringing, I’d say yes she definitely is. The former scenario will never be addressed in a children’s coming of age story (for which I’m grateful). While Ben Solo’s v-card is up in the air as far as debate goes, Rey is 100% virginal without a doubt.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 Apr - 16:46

@IoJovi wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:
@Riri

@DeeBee

Outside of being sexually assaulted, an unfortunate realistic scenario given her upbringing, I’d say yes she definitely is. The former scenario will never be addressed in a children’s coming of age story (for which I’m grateful). While Ben Solo’s v-card is up in the air as far as debate goes, Rey is 100% virginal without a doubt.
@IoJovi

Exactly. Rey's MO is that she deflects when things get too intense with Ben. Hence, her "We can still save the Resistance!" reaction when Ben gives her his "I want you now" look after they defeat the last PG.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 28 Apr - 17:27

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:
@Riri

@DeeBee

@IoJovi

Exactly. Rey's MO is that she deflects when things get too intense with Ben. Hence, her "We can still save the Resistance!" reaction when Ben gives her his "I want you now" look after they defeat the last PG.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right! Ben has maybe never "closed the deal", but Rian's "spin the bottle" comment and Adam playing shameless and blatant sexual hunger in that "I want you *right now*" look after the PG fight, along with the shirtless scene and the original unmasking scene all show that Ben has some level of comfort with his own sexual desire and some knowledge and confidence that he is sexually desirable. He might not have even reached home base, but he's not Steve Carrell's 40-year-old virgin either. Despite all his problems, he's had enough experience somewhere along the way to be okay with showing some of what he wants.

OTOH, Rey is panicked to even broach the subject in any real, present, straightforward way, hence, like you said, the nervous turn-away when he gives her that look and all that "it's for the Resistance" crap when she is fixing up herself, chasing him across light years and shipping herself in a box to him.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sat 28 Apr - 17:48

Yeah, Kylo’s look after killing that last guard was crazy intense; he never took his eyes off Rey, even when he was stabbing the guard. I think he’s just going with his feelings there, without even thinking, it’s just what’s coming naturally. She’s what he’s focused on. Too intense for poor Rey who’s not used to having a man look at her like that!

Funnily enough, I thought she seemed pretty aware of her effect on him and their mutual attraction in the elevator when she got in his personal space and stared at his lips, but I guess it’s a little scarier when you’re the target of the smoldering look rather than the one initiating it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 28 Apr - 18:02

@Kessel It's funny because Rey's body language says one thing but then when the moment comes - she's panicking. Its so cute actually lol. She initiated handsex and invaded his personal space in the elevator, and yet shes going to be in denial about her feelings and is going to be scared about it all, but when the moment comes, Ben will let her initiate the first kiss when shes comfortable.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 28 Apr - 18:31

Well, according to the novelization that moment in the elevator when she gives him the troubled/panicked look (you know, the one right after he looks like he wants to bend her over in the elevator...) is when she realizes Ben Solo has caught feelings for her. I bet no one has ever felt that way about her before, let alone looked at her like that. Poor girl is scared sithless he might ask her back to his room for HoloFlix and Chill and instead the guy does the dark side version of popping the question. Laughing
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 28 Apr - 19:21

I interpreted Rey's conflicting (for lack of a better word) body language as her wanting soft boi Ben Solo, while at the same time being intimidated by the more sensual/intense Kylo Ren because of her inexperience and not knowing what to do. At the same time, she was probably more comfortable initiating things than the other way around (because in the latter she doesn't know what's expected of her). If that makes sense.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum