Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by shii405 on Thu 18 Jan - 5:25

Lol, Kylo has potential for animated, comical scene. What are his funny scenes so far?

1. Glaring at Hux for repeating his exact command
2. Sliding when Rey came online

That's all?
avatar
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 438
Likes : 2967
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 18 Jan - 10:57

@shii405 wrote:Lol, Kylo has potential for animated, comical scene. What are his funny scenes so far?

1. Glaring at Hux for repeating his exact command
2. Sliding when Rey came online

That's all?
@shii405
Don't forget his tantrums! And if you're a Reylo the interrogation scene can become comedic pretty fast what with the "creature in a mask" *removes helmet and perfect hair is revealed*.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4041
Likes : 35012
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 18 Jan - 12:40

@Let The Past Die wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote: I'm not entirely sure how much Snoke was involved though. I think he certainly manipulates Ben and reads his mind and stokes his conflict, but how much can we believe Snoke when he says it was him? We know it wasn't all Snoke because of the Force connection at the end of TLJ. But is that because the bond has grown so strong that it can now function without Snoke?  
@12 Parsnips hope you don’t mind me quoting just a part of your comment here..
I’m trying to keep an open mind about the creation of the force bond..
I think the bolded in your comment sums it up perfectly and simply. This is the most important thing we can be certain of here!

I enjoyed your thoughts on the music and the force bond too 12 Parsnips. I find it fun to hear lots of ideas too! For me there is no doubt the force wants this force bond connection and it is being used in some way to bring about the will of the force. I understand some will not see this the same way I do, but for me, this does not rule out that Snoke started the force bond connection, and that the force let him and will use that. The force could have kept Snoke around to use as a sharp tool to achieve it’s will haaaaaa… I kinda like the idea of the force using Snoke haaa..

Anyway, yes, I think the bond is a good thing, a super significant thing in terms of the galaxy and the will of the force to bring balance, that it exists is the will of the force.
Don’t fight the will of the force you two, or it will come back and kick you in the you know what. Haaa

@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz
avatar
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 64
Likes : 344
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 46
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by PalmettoBlue on Thu 18 Jan - 14:40

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Let The Past Die wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote: I'm not entirely sure how much Snoke was involved though. I think he certainly manipulates Ben and reads his mind and stokes his conflict, but how much can we believe Snoke when he says it was him? We know it wasn't all Snoke because of the Force connection at the end of TLJ. But is that because the bond has grown so strong that it can now function without Snoke?  
@12 Parsnips hope you don’t mind me quoting just a part of your comment here..
I’m trying to keep an open mind about the creation of the force bond..
I think the bolded in your comment sums it up perfectly and simply. This is the most important thing we can be certain of here!

I enjoyed your thoughts on the music and the force bond too 12 Parsnips. I find it fun to hear lots of ideas too! For me there is no doubt the force wants this force bond connection and it is being used in some way to bring about the will of the force. I understand some will not see this the same way I do, but for me, this does not rule out that Snoke started the force bond connection, and that the force let him and will use that. The force could have kept Snoke around to use as a sharp tool to achieve it’s will haaaaaa… I kinda like the idea of the force using Snoke haaa..

Anyway, yes, I think the bond is a good thing, a super significant thing in terms of the galaxy and the will of the force to bring balance, that it exists is the will of the force.
Don’t fight the will of the force you two, or it will come back and kick you in the you know what. Haaa

@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz

@12 Parsnips

This deserves all the likes. I'm snickering at my desk; it's a good think I have my own office!

avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 612
Likes : 2623
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 18 Jan - 15:54

@PalmettoBlue wrote:
@12 Parsnips

This deserves all the likes. I'm snickering at my desk; it's a good think I have my own office!

@PalmettoBlue
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Laughing I had a little trouble collecting myself after seeing TLJ the first couple times (I'm still working through some emotions it brings out), but thinking about the ST this way has helped me not to take it all so seriously. Wink
avatar
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 64
Likes : 344
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 46
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by thescavenger on Thu 18 Jan - 16:04

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz
@12 Parsnips

All of this, it almost seems like the Force is sentient. Definitely a fairy godmother, as in when it pulls into Rey into the hole underneath the island only to give her a hair and make up makeover, preparing her to see Ben again.
avatar
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 216
Likes : 1259
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 18 Jan - 18:28

@thescavenger wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz
@12 Parsnips

All of this, it almost seems like the Force is sentient. Definitely a fairy godmother, as in when it pulls into Rey into the hole underneath the island only to give her a hair and make up makeover, preparing her to see Ben again.
@thescavenger

avatar
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 501
Likes : 1540
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by thescavenger on Thu 18 Jan - 19:44

@Starliteprism

The fairytale is so real, and you can't deny it. It's all there.
avatar
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 216
Likes : 1259
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 Jan - 19:48

@thescavenger wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz
@12 Parsnips

All of this, it almost seems like the Force is sentient. Definitely a fairy godmother, as in when it pulls into Rey into the hole underneath the island only to give her a hair and make up makeover, preparing her to see Ben again.
@thescavenger

I'd had a previous headcanon where Obi-Wan's Force Ghost would be Rey's Force Fairy Godfather (given the Kenobi callbacks and him speaking to her in TFA), but yeah, from what we've now seen in TLJ, it's the friggin' Force itself that's the Fairy Godmother.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5561
Likes : 28886
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by Let The Past Die on Thu 18 Jan - 20:06

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Let The Past Die wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote: I'm not entirely sure how much Snoke was involved though. I think he certainly manipulates Ben and reads his mind and stokes his conflict, but how much can we believe Snoke when he says it was him? We know it wasn't all Snoke because of the Force connection at the end of TLJ. But is that because the bond has grown so strong that it can now function without Snoke?  
@12 Parsnips hope you don’t mind me quoting just a part of your comment here..
I’m trying to keep an open mind about the creation of the force bond..
I think the bolded in your comment sums it up perfectly and simply. This is the most important thing we can be certain of here!

I enjoyed your thoughts on the music and the force bond too 12 Parsnips. I find it fun to hear lots of ideas too! For me there is no doubt the force wants this force bond connection and it is being used in some way to bring about the will of the force. I understand some will not see this the same way I do, but for me, this does not rule out that Snoke started the force bond connection, and that the force let him and will use that. The force could have kept Snoke around to use as a sharp tool to achieve it’s will haaaaaa… I kinda like the idea of the force using Snoke haaa..

Anyway, yes, I think the bond is a good thing, a super significant thing in terms of the galaxy and the will of the force to bring balance, that it exists is the will of the force.
Don’t fight the will of the force you two, or it will come back and kick you in the you know what. Haaa

@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz
@12 Parsnips

Hi hun, I think it was @deebee who was the actual quote, she quoted me and a couple others and I think my name has come out in the new quote. Shame it wasn't me, there were some interesting points in there.
avatar
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 877
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-11
Localisation :

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 18 Jan - 20:11

@Let The Past Die wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Let The Past Die wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote: I'm not entirely sure how much Snoke was involved though. I think he certainly manipulates Ben and reads his mind and stokes his conflict, but how much can we believe Snoke when he says it was him? We know it wasn't all Snoke because of the Force connection at the end of TLJ. But is that because the bond has grown so strong that it can now function without Snoke?  
@12 Parsnips hope you don’t mind me quoting just a part of your comment here..
I’m trying to keep an open mind about the creation of the force bond..
I think the bolded in your comment sums it up perfectly and simply. This is the most important thing we can be certain of here!

I enjoyed your thoughts on the music and the force bond too 12 Parsnips. I find it fun to hear lots of ideas too! For me there is no doubt the force wants this force bond connection and it is being used in some way to bring about the will of the force. I understand some will not see this the same way I do, but for me, this does not rule out that Snoke started the force bond connection, and that the force let him and will use that. The force could have kept Snoke around to use as a sharp tool to achieve it’s will haaaaaa… I kinda like the idea of the force using Snoke haaa..

Anyway, yes, I think the bond is a good thing, a super significant thing in terms of the galaxy and the will of the force to bring balance, that it exists is the will of the force.
Don’t fight the will of the force you two, or it will come back and kick you in the you know what. Haaa

@Let The Past Die, Please, quote away!  Wink

The Force totally ships Reylo.  lol! I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.  Razz
@12 Parsnips

Hi hun, I think it was @deebee who was the actual quote, she quoted me and a couple others and I think my name has come out in the new quote. Shame it wasn't me, there were some interesting points in there.
@Let The Past Die

Aw, well, I'm new here and easily confused. Razz Sorry for mixing this up!
avatar
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 64
Likes : 344
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 46
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by Let The Past Die on Thu 18 Jan - 20:17

@12 Parsnips that's OK, no worries, I think it happens sometimes when there are a lot of quotes within one post. I had posted something within all those , but I can't take credit for @deebee words.
avatar
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 877
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-11
Localisation :

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by DeeBee on Thu 18 Jan - 20:24

@Let The Past Die
@12 Parsnips

Hello! Oh yes don't worry it can take some getting use to figuring out how to do the quotes. I'd love to just reply to individual comments lol but multiple consecutive comments are not encouraged here so I'm getting use to doing multiple quotes. I can't work out multiquote so I just do it manually instead. We can all learn together Smile

Thanks @Let The Past Die for clarifying what comments belong to whom, and for your kind words about my comment Very Happy

@12 Parsnips I'll get back to your fab comment that you started with and reply to you soon.
avatar
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 888
Likes : 2486
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by DeeBee on Thu 18 Jan - 20:29

@shii405 wrote:Lol, Kylo has potential for animated, comical scene. What are his funny scenes so far?

1. Glaring at Hux for repeating his exact command
2. Sliding when Rey came online

That's all?
@shii405

Love it!
How about..

Mooooorrreeee!!!! Moooorrrreeee!!!! - Kylo gets off on shooting at Luke lol.

and - 'shoot that piece of junk out of the sky!'
avatar
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 888
Likes : 2486
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by 12 Parsnips on Thu 18 Jan - 20:58

@DeeBee wrote:@Let The Past Die
@12 Parsnips

Hello! Oh yes don't worry it can take some getting use to figuring out how to do the quotes. I'd love to just reply to individual comments lol but multiple consecutive comments are not encouraged here so I'm getting use to doing multiple quotes. I can't work out multiquote so I just do it manually instead. We can all learn together Smile

Thanks @Let The Past Die for clarifying what comments belong to whom, and for your kind words about my comment Very Happy

@12 Parsnips I'll get back to your fab comment that you started with and reply to you soon.
@DeeBee
Sorry and no worries about replying, take your time!  Smile
avatar
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 64
Likes : 344
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-21
Age : 46
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by PalmettoBlue on Thu 18 Jan - 21:40

@DeeBee wrote:@Let The Past Die
@12 Parsnips

Hello! Oh yes don't worry it can take some getting use to figuring out how to do the quotes. I'd love to just reply to individual comments lol but multiple consecutive comments are not encouraged here so I'm getting use to doing multiple quotes. I can't work out multiquote so I just do it manually instead. We can all learn together Smile

Thanks @Let The Past Die for clarifying what comments belong to whom, and for your kind words about my comment Very Happy

@12 Parsnips I'll get back to your fab comment that you started with and reply to you soon.
@DeeBee

I laughed (kind of a lot) when he Force-b!tch-slapped Hux when they were on the command shuttle.
avatar
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 612
Likes : 2623
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-14
Localisation : USA

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by DeeBee on Fri 19 Jan - 1:02

@”12 Parsnips" here is your quote that you wrote responding to my comment..
@12 Parsnips wrote: The Force totally ships Reylo.    I've amused myself quite a bit watching TFA and TLJ and picturing the Force as an exasperated matchmaker. Here the Force is, going to all this trouble of raising up the light to the dark, making sure she's cute as a button and he's a "sexy emo honeypot" (BTW, the Force also controls Vanity Fair), setting up a meeting and ensuring Ben has his hair perfect, creating the bond in the interrogation, then allowing the lightsaber to go to her... "Wait a minute, what are you two... Hey, stop that fighting! Rey, you quit that prowling at once! Don't make me pull this car over!" *facepalm* *splits earth to separate them* *mutters under breath*

The Force moves along into TLJ. "Now you two, resolve your differences! All right, Ben, walk around like that and catch your death, whatever. Here's a nice romantic firelit setting. YES! Touch hands!! Perfect! Wait, Rey, did you just mail yourself...? Of course you did. OK, it's all right, I can work with this. A little getting into each other's personal space in the elevator? Check! Rescue Rey from certain death? Check! Killing the Big Bad? Check! Hey, we're on a roll! Woo-hoo! Kill the PG, rescue each other, big finale... YES! OK, now, Rey...wait, where are you-- Ben! Forget that throne! Did you just say--?" *headdesk* *headdesk* *mutters space swear words* "FINE. If you two can't behave, I'm taking away the lightsaber until you two say you're sorry to each other! And, BTW, I'm leaving the connection until I hear that apology."

I mean, poor Force. It's got to be grim with all the despair in the galaxy and whatnot, and cleaning up after the Skywalkers, and now these two being uncooperative. Some days it just doesn't pay to awaken.    

12 Parsnips I like the way you think! Tee heeee!!
Yes I can just picture the cosmic force off somewhere with a headache from all it’s headslaps!
Your cosmic force interior dialogue is hilarious! Yes poor force.. haaaaa
Yes the force has had a right mess to clean up after allowing Anakin to be conceived with the force – I don’t think it will try that again! Haaaaa..

@”PalmettoBlue” – I’m sniggering too!

@”thescavenger” – I agree the force does seem to have a will and a purpose – I’ve been trying to understand the force better – I’m thinking it has a few different aspects, but one is the cosmic part that has a will. [discussed in more detail in the   ‘Discussion: The Balance of the Force’ thread.]
The force as a fairygodmother? Oh that’s awesome haaaaaa

@”StarlitePrism” fab gif!

@”ISeeAnIsland” – ObiWan’s force ghost as Rey’s fairy godfather – wow.. that’s pretty awesome.. especially when we note that Rey’s true love is named after him!!!

@”PalmettoBlue” – Oh yeahhh that slap was so deadpan and hilarious – great catch!!! I cannot wait for those dvds to be released and all these fab gifs to show up!


You know being strong in the force is a big responsibility, and probably both a blessing and a curse.. I think it’s right that the force should help Rey and Kylo/Ben find true love – a lovely consolation/ reward/ tool to use in order to bring balance to the force!


Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 19 Jan - 1:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : comments cut off)
avatar
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 888
Likes : 2486
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 19 Jan - 15:49

Sorry if it’s already been discussed here, but I really liked the suggestion on the recent Kylo episode of Scavenger’s Hoard that the fact that parts of Rey’s environment appear in Kylo’s realm (rain on glove, firelight on face) indicates that HE’S being pulled to her and should therefore have been the one to GO to her rather than the other way around.
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1900
Likes : 9433
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 19 Jan - 16:01

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Sorry if it’s already been discussed here, but I really liked the suggestion on the recent Kylo episode of Scavenger’s Hoard that the fact that parts of Rey’s environment appear in Kylo’s realm (rain on glove, firelight on face) indicates that HE’S being pulled to her and should therefore have been the one to GO to her rather than the other way around.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think that he very much would have gone to her had they had a few more ForceSkype sessions. He was actually starting to believe that it wasn't too late for him. He couldn't do that with Han. So that is huge. He was being vulnerable and embracing his suppressed Ben Solo apsect too (uncovered hand).

Had they been able to discuss their visions everything would have been different and better IMO. There was actual foreshadowing of the idea "him coming to her would be the right way" with the cut scene with the Caretakers, when their "Men dressed in black" peacefully and joyfully come to visit them every month for a mating festival.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4627
Likes : 22363
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by thescavenger on Fri 19 Jan - 16:26

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Sorry if it’s already been discussed here, but I really liked the suggestion on the recent Kylo episode of Scavenger’s Hoard that the fact that parts of Rey’s environment appear in Kylo’s realm (rain on glove, firelight on face) indicates that HE’S being pulled to her and should therefore have been the one to GO to her rather than the other way around.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think that he very much would have gone to her had they had a few more ForceSkype sessions.  He was actually starting to believe that it wasn't too late for him. He couldn't do that with Han. So that is huge. He was being vulnerable and embracing his suppressed Ben Solo apsect too (uncovered hand).

Had they been able to discuss their visions everything would have been different and better IMO. There was actual foreshadowing of the idea "him coming to her  would be the right way" with the cut scene with the Caretakers, when their "Men dressed in black" peacefully and joyfully come to visit them every month for a mating festival.
@SoloSideCousin

He would have if it were the last episode in the trilogy. Taking them out of the fight would have resolved the issue between these two really easily. 

At the same time, on a more conceptual point of view, I feel that Rey going to him was the more appropriate metaphor for 'light shining on darkness'.
avatar
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 216
Likes : 1259
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Jan - 17:07

Their Force Bond makeout sessions and what actually happened with Snoke is going to be the biggest, dirtiest secret in the galaxy. For both sides and it continues to boggle me every time I read a fan comment or film review about how it's going to be the standard big bad versus good guys scenario because Rey learned her lesson about dating bad boys. Like Rey may *hope* that there's no equivalent to the Blind Items in that galaxy and her hook-up with the new Supreme Leader doesn't become common knowledge. But if I were making that film, that would be the plot point I'd hit on for maximum drama and intrigue. Also just re-watching an old classic teen/coming-of-age from a female perspective film and they have a point of the disparate/from different worlds tender and earnest young characters feeling like they're connected to each other by something they can't articulate



avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7675
Likes : 34816
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by followmylead-kylodriver on Fri 20 Apr - 14:51

@snufkin
I'm 100% on board with you about the "biggest, dirtiest secret" and I can't wait to see how it plays out on both sides. Please JJ play this up for all it is worth!!

I'm really hoping that Hux, et al realize that Kylo is Snoke's killer-- and I also can't wait to see Rey *trying* to explain her connection with Ben to Finn and Poe!

followmylead-kylodriver
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 9
Likes : 22
Date d'inscription : 2018-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by Starliteprism on Fri 20 Apr - 18:48

@followmylead-kylodriver wrote:@snufkin
I'm 100% on board with you about the "biggest, dirtiest secret" and I can't wait to see how it plays out on both sides. Please JJ play this up for all it is worth!!

I'm really hoping that Hux, et al realize that Kylo is Snoke's killer-- and I also can't wait to see Rey *trying* to explain her connection with Ben to Finn and Poe!
@followmylead-kylodriver

So far in the Poe Dameron comics, which had a little section just after the Battle of Crait, it doesn't appear that Rey is positioning herself to explain anything, Poe is too busy tooting his own horn and explaining how he got off of Jakku and Finn is acting miserable/reflecting on all the stuff that has happened to him recently. Rey welcomes a distraction. Cool
avatar
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 501
Likes : 1540
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by snufkin on Fri 20 Apr - 19:43

@followmylead-kylodriver

I honestly have a hard time understanding the multitude of "Welp he went to the Darkside and is going to be the biggest bad the heroine has to kill...like every other single mindless blockbuster out there" conclusions on social media (and even major publications) that have been part of the discussion about the film. Every time I read one of these conclusions, my thoughts are

#1. If I wanted to waste my money and brain cells on seeing a story with that type of scenario, how many of movies and tv shows are out there already featuring perfectly generic and boring hero/villains going through yet another episode of the Myth of Redemptive Violence? That's pretty much every single (sh**ty) media product available right now.

#2 - The villain just killed his boss in a betrayal of following orders not just as a power grab, but because of his 'complicated' (the writer/director's own words) feelings about the heroine, who was already ID'd as a threat to their organization. Who then helps him take out the boss' bodyguards and engages in a power grab while lying about his role in this murder. And in turn, the heroine was supposed to be off on a rescue mission for her organization which instead turned into a secret tete-a-tete/tryst with the guy who's been ID'd as the threat to her organization. And that guy has a rival who's also gunning for power.

#3 - The "it's tuned into today's events" argument that the ST is a cautionary tale for little girls about not dating bad boys. Or that sometimes familys screw up and kids go down the wrong path, but the conclusion is that it's not the parents' fault and that if you go bad, you're f*ked forever and everybody hates you...That's just about the worst possible bunch of ideas for what's meant to be a fairy tale. More like a Greek Tragedy for children.

So between option #1 (the same old sh*t) and option #2 (holy sh*t just think of the epic drama), I'm amazed (also a little confused) that most people are like "Oh it's going to be #1." Do people really enjoy watching that same old story over and over again when it's on constant repeat throughout nearly all of our pop culture?
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7675
Likes : 34816
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Force Bond Logistics & Implications

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 20 Apr - 20:42

They claim they want a new story but when they get it they freak out.
The whole Kylo needs to die because of his crimes at this point just make me roll my eyes. Have these people not watched Marvel movies? I have seen, less complex and more evil people flip from bad to good. I have seen good guys flip from being good to bad...then flip back to good. I don't seem them in comic book jail paying for their sins or being killed off.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1059
Likes : 4668
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum