Reylo's Possible Offspring (for the ever-expanding franchise)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Reylo's Possible Offspring (for the ever-expanding franchise)

Post by orangedelamer on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:18 am

@rawpowah Actually I agree with you. I don't want the scenario I wrote to happen. I really want a happy ending with the two of them alive Smile

orangedelamer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:31 am

@rawpowah

Sorry, so I thought in Kylo's case, self-imposed exile would be best at the end of IX, probably off to Ahch-To like Luke or something. It wouldn't be repentant per say, but by this point, I already hope he will have already reconciled with his uncle. It'll be reminiscent of why Luke went away, perhaps thinking it is best for the galaxy to do so. There, he'll train with all the FGs available. 

And then whatever he and Rey goes through in IX, they end up apart, only for the ending scene to be Rey either coming to him in person in Ahch-To or via the Force Bond, and it is implied that they get married. 

Wah, I'm hoping for too much now.
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:44 am

@thescavenger

That's my best case scenario too. I don't like the whole "do a big gesture and all your crimes are forgiven" type of redemption, there has to be consequences for his years with the FO. I want him to go into exile and walk off into the sunset with Rey by his side. Ahch-To would be perfect, their kids can have their own little huts and annoy the sith out of the Caretakers with their shenanigans!
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 7:57 am

@thescavenger wrote:@rawpowah

Sorry, so I thought in Kylo's case, self-imposed exile would be best at the end of IX, probably off to Ahch-To like Luke or something. It wouldn't be repentant per say, but by this point, I already hope he will have already reconciled with his uncle. It'll be reminiscent of why Luke went away, perhaps thinking it is best for the galaxy to do so. There, he'll train with all the FGs available. 

And then whatever he and Rey goes through in IX, they end up apart, only for the ending scene to be Rey either coming to him in person in Ahch-To or via the Force Bond, and it is implied that they get married. 

@thescavenger

I don't think you are, actually. Every analysis I make of this story tells me that this is (close to) how it's going to end.

I should say, right off the bat, that I have this idea that neither Kylo/Ben nor Rey are going to have their Force powers any more at the end of the last film. I think Kylo choosing to give them up for some greater good is a large part of his atonement. I also think it very likely that he suffers tremendously (possibly physically, to a great degree) during the next film. We'll see about all of that though.

I think it might be a combination of "self-imposed exile" and Rey basically helping him escape some greater punishment that she sees as unjust. I very much have the idea (like many of you) that we see a reversal of what Rey was waiting for at the beginning of the film: someone coming back to her. Only, it will be Ben waiting (maybe he'll even have made marks on the wall) and Rey being the one who comes back. It could be Ahch-To, but as a fan of circular, self-contained narratives, I'm almost hoping that it's a return to Jakku, where the landscape has changed tremendously... for some reason. lol.

As for offspring, I don't know if they can give us anything but the promise of a long future together, the way it's done at the end of every "Disney princess" film. Rey returning to a Ben who has been waiting for her, and her taking his hand, but as a normal man this time (instead of as an offer for power) is basically what I'm assuming we're going to get.

I don't think they're going to have sex onscreen (obviously), but I do think that before the end of the film we're going to get another scene that heavily, *heavily* symbolizes sex. And while a metaphorical union won't result in children, I think the ending will allow us to use our imaginations as to what the aftermath would be. I mean... if the "self imposed exile/island paradise with just the two of them" idea is correct (and I think it is), they'd be like reverse Adam and Eve ending up back in The Garden of Eden. What do we think they'll be doing on there for the rest of their lives? Growing papayas and holding hands chastely on occasion? Laughing

Last edited by nickandnora on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 8:03 am

@nickandnora wrote:

@thescavenger

I don't think you are, actually. Every analysis I make of this story tells me that this is (close to) how it's going to end.

I should say, right off the bat, that I have this idea that neither Kylo/Ben nor Rey are going to have their Force powers any more at the end of the last film. I think Kylo choosing to give them up for some greater good is a large part of his atonement. I also think it very likely that he suffers tremendously (possibly physically, to a great degree) during the next film. We'll see about all of that though.

I think it might be a combination of "self-imposed exile" and Rey basically helping him escape some greater punishment that she sees as unjust. I very much have the idea (like many of you) that we see a reversal of what Rey was waiting for at the beginning of the film; someone coming back to her. Only, it will be Ben waiting (maybe he'll even have made marks on the wall) and Rey being the one who comes back. It could be Ach-To, but as a fan of circular, self-contained narratives, I'm almost hoping that it's a return to Jakku, where the landscape has changed tremendously... for some reason. lol.

As for offspring, I don't know if they can give us anything but the promise of a long future together, the way it's done at the end of every "Disney princess" film. Rey returning to a Ben who has been waiting for her, and her taking his hand, but as a normal man this time (instead of as an offer for power) is basically what I'm assuming we're going to get.

I don't think they're going to have sex onscreen (obviously), but I do think that before the end of the film we're going to get another scene that heavily, *heavily* symbolizes sex. And while a metaphorical union won't result in children, I think the ending will allow us to use our imaginations as to what the aftermath would be. I mean... if the "self imposed exile/island paradise with just the two of them" idea is correct (and I think it is), they'd be like reverse Adam and Eve ending up back in The Garden of Eden. What do we think they'll be doing on there for the rest of their lives? Growing papayas and holding hands chastely on occasion? Laughing
@nickandnora

Another fan of Kylo and/or Rey sacrificing their powers.  cheers
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:17 am

@FrolickingFizzgig @nickandnora

How does one give up their force powers though? Has it happened before? I'm not well acquainted with the other canon or legends stories.
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:48 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

yeah, I wasn't implying just because we haven't seen it before doesn't mean it can't happen. I'm just wondering how you get rid of something that seems to be innate. Like part of your soul. You're born force sensitive it seems. So I'm imagining something like Voldemort magically sucking the force out of someone lol I don't watch a lot of sci-fi movies so I guess it's hard for me to figure out how it could be done. I've never seen Avatar. Can you willfully give it up? idk.

I, myself, don't like the idea so much. I guess I understand what you guys mean by that's how he has to atone for his sins, but idk. It takes the magic out of the fairytale story for me. I feel like it would leave me feeling "meh." But I guess that's how a lot of the OT fans feel after TLJ when Rian deconstructed so much of the lore. So I guess if JJ wants to deconstruct the lore and fantasy even more that's the route to take.
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:54 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig @nickandnora

How does one give up their force powers though? Has it happened before? I'm not well acquainted with the other canon or legends stories.
@SheLitAFire

Well...

If I personally had to guess (and I'm not familiar with canon or legend stories either), based on the film's symbolism and what they've showed us so far, I suspect it's something to do with the tension of opposites. You know all that dark/light, life/death, yin/yang imagery that culminates in that mosaic on the floor of the Jedi temple and the idea of the "grey" jedi. It has something to do with those opposites coming together to neutralize the dark/light Force inside Rey and Kylo. Judging by the way they're teasing the sexual tension as well as all the abundant sexual metaphors, coupled with their adoration of the lined up lightsaber motif (a personal fave of mine as well), I'd guess the methodology by which they give up their force powers and become mere mortals once more is...

... they kill each other at the exact same moment that they kiss each other. There's your yin/yang, your life/death, your love/hate, etc. Oh, and also your agony/ecstasy (ie. your really loaded sex metaphor that this has all been building to, not very subtly). Net effect: force neutralization; they kill the Jedi/Sith but live as two ordinary humans.

That's what the imagery in the film is telling me anyway. Could obviously be wrong. Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 10:01 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig @nickandnora

@SheLitAFire
In my mind it would have something to do with the Force Bond. It does specify in various descriptions that the stronger they get the stronger their bond becomes, and that could have all kinds of ramifications. Also, the fact that we haven't seen something before doesn't mean it can't happen. We had never seen a Force user stop blaster fire, talk face-to-face or touch through the Force or Force project until the ST either. It would be some kind of deux ex machina like Aang removing the Fire Lord's bending abilities at the end of Avatar... only a willing version, obviously. Not a punishment. 

I'm not saying I think it's for sure going to happen, I'm just remaining open because redemption stories always require some form of sacrifice and there has been an almost strange emphasis placed on Kylo's powers/blood. That emphasis seems like foreshadowing to me. It makes it very likely in my eyes that the sacrifice Kylo eventually makes will have something to do with his power or his Force powers.

The Force has always had a strong connection to life energy and Kylo giving up everything for Rey would be really satisfying (for me). 

I've written posts about this before and I know it's a really controversial topic so I'll leave it at that.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 10:01 am

@nickandnora

Interesting...ok I could see that happening. I could see the audience believing they've both really died at that point (Harry Potter as a Horcrux, much?) and then having them still be alive without the force would be surprising to a lot of people (or not, maybe, because again, Harry Potter-esque, although he didn't have to lose his magical abilities)

Anyway, sorry for getting this thread slightly OT and away from the offspring discussion.
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 10:06 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:@nickandnora

Interesting...ok I could see that happening. I could see the audience believing they've both really died at that point (Harry Potter as a Horcrux, much?) and then having them still be alive without the force would be surprising to a lot of people (or not, maybe, because again, Harry Potter-esque, although he didn't have to lose his magical abilities)

Anyway, sorry for getting this thread slightly OT and away from the offspring discussion.
@SheLitAFire

It's metaphorical offspring. They will have copulated to produce a new world allowing for a new breed of force users entirely.

(There's my attempt to get it back to the discussion at hand). Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 10:07 am

@SheLitAFire
I think it's interesting that you see it so differently from me. Like, in my mind that ultimate sacrifice aligns beautifully with the structure of the ST, the emphasis that has been placed on Kylo's powers and would serve as an extremely fairytale/fantasy-esque conclusion. Different perspectives I guess. Smile
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 10:11 am

@nickandnora wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:@nickandnora

@SheLitAFire

It's metaphorical offspring. They will have copulated to produce a new world allowing for a new breed of force users entirely.

(There's my attempt to get it back to the discussion at hand). Smile
@nickandnora

But their children could still be force sensitive....
Who will train/guide any of the new force sensitives??? Broomboi?!?!?
We have a thread discussing the future of the force/force sensitives: http://reylo.skyforum.net/t712-the-future-for-force-users
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:07 am

In my mind, Kylo / Ben will show Rey that he can deserve something good. For example bringing peace to the galaxy. Eliminating the abductions of children. Giving food to the poor. Freeing the slaves.
If the ship is Reylo, he must give her the chance to fall in love with him.
Instead her must desire him and accept Ben/kylo totally. Not just Ben. To do this she needs to find herself. You can not help others if you do not have a solid herself before.
In my fantasy. She will not want see him. He has been rejected too much by her for search again. But both belong together. Maybe they will look for themselves while they sleep. One looks the other sleep.
For offspring ....
2 hypothesis
1) Conception through mental link. I Thik they looks each other when other sleep. One of the two wakes up and stops the other. I mean. They are very attracted to each other, in the force bond in a moment of weakness they are like naked. If both are desired they can not deny it. I think that a connection with Force Bond can happen.
Or hypothesis 2) He and she remain mentally connected without speaking each other. Then she is disappointed by the resistance and goes alone. SHe ends up in trouble and he intervenes to save her physically. They could spend real time together doing pleasant things. Like speak, he cooks for her (she was hungry). They can fish, caress animals, pick flowers and obviously fall in love.
If they have children, I'd like it be this this second case.
Then the war resumes, they return to their positions but in the end he returns to her (in any position of the force she will be).
In the novel TFA she hears a voice telling her. I'll come back and get you "Honey". I swear.
I just hope that Ben / Kylo does not die. At the moment he is my favorite hero (romantic, dramatic and obscure).
For me they could have three children. The first two twins acting like caino and abel. I do not know why ... but I have this fantasy. However I hope to see more romantic stories with Rey and Kylo Ren/Ben because it is a very beautiful and complex story. I'll buy all the books and DVDs - if it ends with the happy ending. If one of the two dies or does not marry happily I will not buy anything and will only be disappointed ..
I'm sorry for my english.... But I need talk with you all.. No one is Reylo near to me ... Thank you for this FORUM !!! Thank you all !
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:24 am

@giaciak2 TFA novelization with the man's voice saying "I'll come back for you, sweetheart" could certainly still play a role in this. To me, the use of "sweetheart" harkens back to Han Solo, and the more I think about it, the more I think it could be Ben talking to Rey at some point.

To get back on topic - I'm not sure that all of their children would be force sensitive. And I think it'd be a very good thing for one or more of them to NOT be force sensitive. I know this runs counter to my previous prediction, but I'm more than willing to ditch almost any head canon at any given time.
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:14 pm

Just my $0.02, but the influx of discussion after the release and newcomers, it feels like there are an awful lot of duplicate/redundant threads around these core topics. I'm so happy to see newcomers to share the enthusiasm, discussion with, but it also feels like it's getting very noisy in here with multiple threads talking about similar things.

Isn't there an old pre-TLJ release thread called The Reproductive Imperative? It seems like this is redundant and the two could be merged. Same with all of the Progression/What's going to happen with Reylo and Space Kiss type discussions. Seems like they could all be merged into the central Who's Your Daddy thread @meadowofashes set up the week before TLJ's release to discuss all romantic, not platonic intimacy themed threads.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:15 pm

@PalmettoBlue wrote:@giaciak2 TFA novelization with the man's voice saying "I'll come back for you, sweetheart" could certainly still play a role in this. To me, the use of "sweetheart" harkens back to Han Solo, and the more I think about it, the more I think it could be Ben talking to Rey at some point.

To get back on topic - I'm not sure that all of their children would be force sensitive. And I think it'd be a very good thing for one or more of them to NOT be force sensitive. I know this runs counter to my previous prediction, but I'm more than willing to ditch almost any head canon at any given time.
@PalmettoBlue

I'm sure it'd it's true that in canon, FS parents can give birth to a non-FS child.  Still, this is a LF and the Skywalker bloodline is indeed their bread and butter.  If Rey and Ben were to have a child, I can't see the audience having as much interested in a non-force sensitive kid as the protagonist in a future trilogy down the line.  I mean, they might, but I can't see why LF would take that risk.  Force sensitivity is a Skywalker trait and I see them sticking with that format.  So if they only have one child, I'm 100% it'll be FS.

However, if they have multiple kids, I can see some having the trait while the other or other(s) don't.  Actually, that'd make for an interesting story in itself so I think you're onto something.  Smile
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:19 pm

@snufkin wrote:Just my $0.02, but the influx of discussion after the release and newcomers, it feels like there are an awful lot of duplicate/redundant threads around these core topics. I'm so happy to see newcomers to share the enthusiasm, discussion with, but it also feels like it's getting very noisy in here with multiple threads talking about similar things.

Isn't there an old pre-TLJ release thread called The Reproductive Imperative? It seems like this is redundant and the two could be merged. Same with all of the Progression/What's going to happen with Reylo and Space Kiss type discussions. Seems like they could all be merged into the central Who's Your Daddy thread @meadowofashes set up the week before TLJ's release to discuss all romantic, not platonic intimacy themed threads.
@snufkin

There is, but it's in the TFA/Non Spoilers area.  Other than the tweets thread, that area has hardly any traffic.  I was under the impression the two forums would be joined in January.   I think at this point everyone has had a chance to see the film.

I don't disagree, the new redundant threads are cluttering things up.  

Mods, if you guys could help out, that'd be awesome.  Sorry to veer temporarily off topic!  Smile
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 4:46 pm

@nickandnora wrote:

@thescavenger

I think it might be a combination of "self-imposed exile" and Rey basically helping him escape some greater punishment that she sees as unjust. I very much have the idea (like many of you) that we see a reversal of what Rey was waiting for at the beginning of the film: someone coming back to her. Only, it will be Ben waiting (maybe he'll even have made marks on the wall) and Rey being the one who comes back. It could be Ahch-To, but as a fan of circular, self-contained narratives, I'm almost hoping that it's a return to Jakku, where the landscape has changed tremendously... for some reason. lol.

@nickandnora

I've kind of had the same feeling as you for a while. I mean, if they see the future when they touch hands through the Force, what's going to happen when they "bump uglies" in real life? I think I'd rather see Kylo lose his Force powers (for love) and get to live HEA with the woman he loves, rather than get sentenced to a solitary lifestyle out in some corner of the galaxy. With all of the hints about "bloodlines" and "raw powah", I feel like his Force powers are as much of a curse as they are a blessing to him. Would Snoke have been in his head had he not been so powerful? Would his parents have sent him away if he wasn't Force-sensitive?

On the possibility of a return to Jakku...and Jakku having changed...have you read the books in the Aftermath trilogy by any chance?

For those who haven't, in the Aftermath trilogy, it's stated that Jakku "was once a verdant world with forest and oceans."...and then 1000 years ago, some calamity hit, turning into a desert wasteland. So, I think there's an in-canon setup for Jakku to be restored to its original state, if the Force gets balanced or whatever.

My own thoughts on Rey and Ben going into exile together....I'm not really a fan of this idea myself (although I know others love it), given that Rey grew up in abject poverty and isolation. I guess my personal headcanons are either that Rey and Ben become Force teachers/missionaries (which could also be a way for Ben to atone in an ongoing way), or they say "eff this" to everything and start their own smuggling operation on the Falcon.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:14 pm

@ISeeAnIsland Lol, OMG! I didn't know that about Jakku at all. Interesting! I love it when I hit upon something and then find out more in-canon information to support it. Thanks! I definitely believe a changed Jakku is very much in the cards now.

I just realized I was using the word "exile" wrong. I meant that he would escape, and that Rey would tell everyone that "Kylo Ren" was dead. Then she would join him wherever he was. I'm not fond of them being completely solitary either for the reasons you mentioned, but I guess I didn't mean that they would never leave, nor that they would never see another face ever again. I imagine, given the passage of time, people would forget that Ben Solo was ever Kylo Ren (he wore a mask a lot of the time, after all), and they'd technically both be "free," just kind of cautious of being found out I guess. "You imagine an ocean... I see the island" is just... too pointed a reference for it not to happen like that; though Rey might want other people around her, her deep desire was to live on an island surrounded by ocean, and those tend to be somewhat quieter. Smile

But if it goes down like this, either way, I imagine that we wouldn't have to imagine them as by themselves for too long: little mini broods of Rey/Ben Jrs. are sure to be abounds in no time.

PS. I believe they absolutely will have the Millennium Falcon with them. 100%. In fact, it's my pet theory that Ben pilots it to escape to... wherever... before Rey joins him. Come to think of it, they'd probably have to live on it, lol. A fine end for a fine ship I'd say! Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:23 pm

@nickandnora wrote:@ISeeAnIsland Lol, OMG! I didn't know that about Jakku at all. Interesting! I love it when I hit upon something and then find out more in-canon information to support it. Thanks! I definitely believe a changed Jakku is very much in the cards now.

I just realized I was using the word "exile" wrong. I meant that he would escape, and that Rey would tell everyone that "Kylo Ren" was dead. Then she would join him wherever he was. I'm not fond of them being completely solitary either for the reasons you mentioned, but I guess I didn't mean that they would never leave, nor that they would never see another face ever again. I imagine, given the passage of time, people would forget that Ben Solo was ever Kylo Ren (he wore a mask a lot of the time, after all), and they'd technically both be "free," just kind of cautious of being found out I guess. "You imagine an ocean... I see the island" is just... too pointed a reference for it not to happen like that; though Rey might want other people around her, her deep desire was to live on an island surrounded by ocean, and those tend to be somewhat quieter. Smile

But if it goes down like this, either way, I imagine that we wouldn't have to imagine them as by themselves for too long: little mini broods of Rey/Ben Jrs. are sure to be abounds in no time.

PS. I believe they absolutely will have the Millennium Falcon with them. 100%. In fact, it's my pet theory that Ben pilots it to escape to... wherever... before Rey joins him. Come to think of it, they'd probably have to live on it, lol. A fine end for a fine ship I'd say! Smile
@nickandnora

Early on, while TLJ was being shot, we saw some spy photos of the Force tree on Ahch-To when we didn't know really anything about the plot, other than Rey would be on Ahch-To with Luke. If you'll recall, the tree looked like it had possibly burned a long time ago (long long before Yoda set the Force lightning to it).

We did some speculating that when Rey and Kylo finally got together (figuring it would probably late in IX), that maybe that Force tree would bloom again. Them making the whole planet of Jakku "bloom" again would take that idea to the next level...but I don't think it's all that crazy--there's some foreshadowing that's been planted that would point to that scenario.

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 5:46 pm

@rawpowah wrote:Yeah I'm opposed to this idea that Kylo has to lose limbs or lose his eyesight and powers in order to be forgiven. I don't like the message behind these things. If he's blind or without his powers then he can't help the galaxy as a way to atone and Rey would basically become his caretaker. And the idea of losing limbs as punishment is insulting to those who have lost limbs in real life. Not to mention that any lost limb can be replaced by a mechanical one, so what would be the point?

Anakin and Luke didn't lose their hands as a form of punishment and the loss of their limbs actually made sense from a storytelling perspective (Anakin becoming more machine than man and beginning his transformation into Vader; Luke running the risk of becoming like his father if he succumbs to his dark side, which is highlighted in RotJ when Luke has a dark moment and cuts off Vader's mechanical hand in turn). Unlike Anakin, Kylo is shown as becoming more humanized throughout the movies, and Kylo has already had physical punishments in the shape of the bowcaster wound and scar. Kylo has also been suffering since birth as a result of Snoke's manipulation and there's clear evidence in the movies that he is still suffering. The death of all his family members is also going to increase his suffering, especially since he likely won't get any closure with Leia if JJ kills of the character in between movies.  

I'm also opposed to the idea of having Kylo die and leaving Rey pregnant. That would limit his character to sperm donor and hers to baby incubator, which would be infuriating considering the amount of character development we got in the movies. It would be such a waste of Kylo and Rey and imply that their whole purpose in this sequel trilogy was to sleep together so they can give birth to this kid we'll only see at the end of the movie for 3 seconds.

Anyway, as far as kids are concerned, I hope they have at least one daughter, as per Leia's wishes lol.
@rawpowah

I 100% agree with you. I personally think the writers can come up with something more interesting and creative than losing a limb.
But.. if people want to demand a sacrifice and it’s a choice of life or limb. Take the limb
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 7:48 pm

I think it could possibly end like this. After the big climactic scene in the end, Rey and Kylo part ways. She tells everyone that Kylo Ren is dead (which would be true from a certain point of view). Then we skip ahead to 1-2 years later and close the movie with an emotional reunion after Rey and Kylo spent some time apart doing their own stuff. Everyone cries into their popcorn, fade to black, the end Smile
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:05 pm

@Saracene wrote:I think it could possibly end like this. After the big climactic scene in the end, Rey and Kylo part ways. She tells everyone that Kylo Ren is dead (which would be true from a certain point of view). Then we skip ahead to 1-2 years later and close the movie with an emotional reunion after Rey and Kylo spent some time apart doing their own stuff. Everyone cries into their popcorn, fade to black, the end Smile
@Saracene

The Dark Knight Rises ending! (Which I loved BTW, even if I thought TDKNR was by far the weakest film of the trilogy).

I do think that would be a really fitting ending for the characters/trilogy/saga/ if they can make it feel different enough from TDKNR.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:25 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Just my $0.02, but the influx of discussion after the release and newcomers, it feels like there are an awful lot of duplicate/redundant threads around these core topics. I'm so happy to see newcomers to share the enthusiasm, discussion with, but it also feels like it's getting very noisy in here with multiple threads talking about similar things.

@snufkin

There is, but it's in the TFA/Non Spoilers area.  Other than the tweets thread, that area has hardly any traffic.  I was under the impression the two forums would be joined in January.   I think at this point everyone has had a chance to see the film.

I don't disagree, the new redundant threads are cluttering things up.  

Mods, if you guys could help out, that'd be awesome.  Sorry to veer temporarily off topic!  Smile
@IoJovi

Yup we've started merging threads that are duplicates or similar enough and we'll continue to do so in the next few days. Smile

SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum