Reylo's Possible Offspring (for the ever-expanding franchise)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Reylo's Possible Offspring (for the ever-expanding franchise)

Post by IoJovi on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:26 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Just my $0.02, but the influx of discussion after the release and newcomers, it feels like there are an awful lot of duplicate/redundant threads around these core topics. I'm so happy to see newcomers to share the enthusiasm, discussion with, but it also feels like it's getting very noisy in here with multiple threads talking about similar things.

Isn't there an old pre-TLJ release thread called The Reproductive Imperative? It seems like this is redundant and the two could be merged. Same with all of the Progression/What's going to happen with Reylo and Space Kiss type discussions. Seems like they could all be merged into the central Who's Your Daddy thread @meadowofashes set up the week before TLJ's release to discuss all romantic, not platonic intimacy themed threads.
@snufkin

There is, but it's in the TFA/Non Spoilers area.  Other than the tweets thread, that area has hardly any traffic.  I was under the impression the two forums would be joined in January.   I think at this point everyone has had a chance to see the film.

I don't disagree, the new redundant threads are cluttering things up.  

Mods, if you guys could help out, that'd be awesome.  Sorry to veer temporarily off topic!  Smile
@IoJovi

Yup we've started merging threads that are duplicates or similar enough and we'll continue to do so in the next few days. Smile

@SheLitAFire

Wonderful, thanks! Smile

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:45 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Just my $0.02, but the influx of discussion after the release and newcomers, it feels like there are an awful lot of duplicate/redundant threads around these core topics. I'm so happy to see newcomers to share the enthusiasm, discussion with, but it also feels like it's getting very noisy in here with multiple threads talking about similar things.

Isn't there an old pre-TLJ release thread called The Reproductive Imperative? It seems like this is redundant and the two could be merged. Same with all of the Progression/What's going to happen with Reylo and Space Kiss type discussions. Seems like they could all be merged into the central Who's Your Daddy thread @meadowofashes set up the week before TLJ's release to discuss all romantic, not platonic intimacy themed threads.
@snufkin

There is, but it's in the TFA/Non Spoilers area.  Other than the tweets thread, that area has hardly any traffic.  I was under the impression the two forums would be joined in January.   I think at this point everyone has had a chance to see the film.

Mods, if you guys could help out, that'd be awesome.  Sorry to veer temporarily off topic!  Smile
@IoJovi

Yup we've started merging threads that are duplicates or similar enough and we'll continue to do so in the next few days. Smile

@SheLitAFire
Thank you! Much appreciated from my end.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 1:52 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@snufkin

@IoJovi

Yup we've started merging threads that are duplicates or similar enough and we'll continue to do so in the next few days.  Smile

@SheLitAFire

YAY! It was really getting hard to navigate lately.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 8:21 am

@Saracene wrote:I think it could possibly end like this. After the big climactic scene in the end, Rey and Kylo part ways. She tells everyone that Kylo Ren is dead (which would be true from a certain point of view). Then we skip ahead to 1-2 years later and close the movie with an emotional reunion after Rey and Kylo spent some time apart doing their own stuff. Everyone cries into their popcorn, fade to black, the end Smile
@Saracene

(I apologize that this might not have anything to do with the topic at hand, but it was in this thread, so I guess I'll respond to it here)

I think this is extremely likely, but I'm not discounting the possibility that it's longer than 1-2 years. If we're talking realistic levels of atonement here, a combination of a Kylo who suffers a lot during IX, plus sacrifices something (like his powers) for the greater good, plus acknowledges that he's responsible for the evils he committed (though I do think this will be mirrored by a Rey who realizes just how terribly others had a hand in creating Kylo Ren), *plus* self-imposed exclusion from society for the purpose of reflecting and healing (not "punishment") before he and Rey reunite for a happy ending... I mean, that's basically as close as you CAN get to ideal atonement for the purposes of moving forward, even in our society. So anyway, I think it could be as long as 10 years, to mirror the lengths of time that Rey and Luke spent on their own in the first and second movies, respectively. Come to think of it, if we're talking reverse Anidala here, between Ep. I and II, Anakin and Padme didn't see each other for 10 years, yes?

I mean, if this was the case, they wouldn't have to spell out that it was exactly 10 years (or whatever), they could just establish that a suitable amount of time had passed through visual cues.

To bring it about the topic at hand, if this is supposed to be a metaphor for adolescence, the volatility of youth, and growing up, a longer passage of time would put Rey squarely at the average age for a woman's sexual peak (ie. the age for mind-blowing sex and prime baby making). Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 12:51 pm

I've seen the idea on a number of threads that Ben will have to leave and go into exile for a time, but I'm a little leery of it for a few reasons. Even if he takes down the First Order from within, as is my hope, it might not be a good look if he disappears and it seems he is running away, evading responsibility, or doing something nefarious he doesn't want others to interfete with. Plus one of his and Rey's biggest problems has always been isolation, so it would seem odd and kind of cruel to make one or both of them live alone, when that was the cause of so many of their issues in the first place. I would imagine some level of bittersweetness, atonement, penance, etc., but JJ likes his fairy tales and happy endings, and Kylo may be his favorite creation. I don't think he will dole out excessive amounts of suffering.
californiagirl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 1:24 pm

@californiagirl wrote:I've seen the idea on a number of threads that Ben will have to leave and go into exile for a time, but I'm a little leery of it for a few reasons. Even if he takes down the First Order from within, as is my hope, it might not be a good look if he disappears and it seems he is running away, evading responsibility, or doing something nefarious he doesn't want others to interfete with. Plus one of his and Rey's biggest problems has always been isolation, so it would seem odd and kind of cruel to make one or both of them live alone, when that was the cause of so many of their issues in the first place. I would imagine some level of bittersweetness, atonement, penance, etc., but JJ likes his fairy tales and happy endings, and Kylo may be his favorite creation. I don't think he will dole out excessive amounts of suffering.
@californiagirl

The Renperor scenario actually makes it far less likely he'll go into exile, in my opinion.  The Resistance is down to 20 people.  Sure there's Broomboi and his friends, but is Ben really going to have to answer to them?  Likely the danger he'll be in will be from the FO itself in the event of a coup, and given the optomistic nature of SW, they'll be defeated in the end.

In the case where we get a benevolent Renperor who grows into the role as a competent leader, well again, he most definitely has no one to answer to in that case.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 2:03 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:I've seen the idea on a number of threads that Ben will have to leave and go into exile for a time, but I'm a little leery of it for a few reasons. Even if he takes down the First Order from within, as is my hope, it might not be a good look if he disappears and it seems he is running away, evading responsibility, or doing something nefarious he doesn't want others to interfete with. Plus one of his and Rey's biggest problems has always been isolation, so it would seem odd and kind of cruel to make one or both of them live alone, when that was the cause of so many of their issues in the first place. I would imagine some level of bittersweetness, atonement, penance, etc., but JJ likes his fairy tales and happy endings, and Kylo may be his favorite creation. I don't think he will dole out excessive amounts of suffering.
@californiagirl

The Renperor scenario actually makes it far less likely he'll go into exile, in my opinion.  The Resistance is down to 20 people.  Sure there's Broomboi and his friends, but is Ben really going to have to answer to them?  Likely the danger he'll be in will be from the FO itself in the event of a coup, and given the optomistic nature of SW, they'll be defeated in the end.

In the case where we get a benevolent Renperor who grows into the role as a competent leader, well again, he most definitely has no one to answer to in that case.
@IoJovi

Yes. I agree. I just can't see some "entity" sending Kylo on trail - because literally there's no such entity in the GFFA at the moment.
Republic is gone. Jedi Council doesn't exist for ages, and the Resistance is down to 10 people.

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 2:22 pm

Benevolent Outer Rim warlord who has to keep the ashes of his enemies in the garage because his girlfriend isn't going to look at that if he wants her to move in with him.

Also you guys totally forgot that the same type of fans who turn discussions into Bible Study are fervently debating this topic because they're still not having an easy time with the idea that he's indeed the last remaining member of that family and that his relationship with Rey is not platonic cousin/siblings. They're probably willing to volunteer to be his judge and juror, Lucasfilm just needs to give them a call!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 3:57 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@californiagirl

@IoJovi

Yes. I agree. I just can see some "entity" sending Kylo on trail - because literally there's no such entity in the GFFA at the moment.
Republic is gone. Jedi Council doesn't exist for ages, and the Resistance is down to 10 people.
@Darth_Awakened

Right. And if he ends up overthrowing the FO and bringing freedom to the GFFA (which seems to be heavily foreshadowed), won't that probably outweigh the Evil Deeds he did for his 6 or so years with the FO? Like, Poe might still want to punish him or whatever, but for the most part, I'd think that people would be pretty grateful.

I think it would make more sense that he goes into some sort of atonement situation...like, as a Force teacher or as a civil servant in some way.

I will say that for as many issues that I had with Rey's characterization throughout, I LOVED the ending of the fanfic Thwarted (which had a Renporer-turned-Benporer scenario), where Rey and Kylo got married, Rey stayed involved in the new government that they set up, and Kylo quit public life to be a Stay-at-home-Dad to his and Rey's children.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 6:05 pm

When the TLJ opening crawl confirmed that there was no New Republic anymore, and when Kylo became the top dog in the galaxy at the end of the movie, it was confirmed to me there wouldn't be a situation where Kylo would get arrested by some high New Republic authority and shipped off to prison or exile by a jury like some fans were hoping. The only way for Kylo to avoid such a situation where he's imprisoned/tried/exiled is for him to be king of the castle, if you will. Not a Resistance member with no clout who got dragged by Rey out of the Supremacy in TLJ and who has to answer to Poe or some random captain. In retrospect, Supreme Leader, as shocking as it might have been at first, might actually turn out to be the best thing for us in the long run.

And if Kylo is a part of the winning team at the end, who is going to give him a life sentence and a trial? Poe? Aka the pilot who was supposed to die in TFA and is in no way more important than Kylo? Disney would have to cast new characters and give them positions of power higher than Kylo's out of nowhere. Not to mention the GFFA is huge and there's probably a good number of planets he can settle on with Rey peacefully, if that's what the intended ending is.
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 20 Jan 2018, 7:58 pm

I think Ezra Miller looks like  a great blend of Rey and KyloBen and could pass as their son.

ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:24 am

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I think Ezra Miller looks like  a great blend of Rey and KyloBen and could pass as their son.

@ReyofLightSide

He does have the right look, if they jumped forward a couple of decades. Right now, he’s in the same age group as Daisy and Adam. Smile But this reminds me of Reylo offspring— the writers are going to have to come up with something that isn’t “A Skywalker goes Dark but is saved by love.” Paternal love in Anakin’s case, then (we hope) romantic love in Reylo— same overarching theme. Soooooooo....how to do something different? O e idea is the “not evil but can’t control his/her powers breaking out” theory that we threw around re: Rey and/or Ben before TLJ come out. It’s s thought, anyway.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:38 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:I think Ezra Miller looks like  a great blend of Rey and KyloBen and could pass as their son.

@ReyofLightSide

He does have the right look, if they jumped forward a couple of decades. Right now, he’s in the same age group as Daisy and Adam. Smile But this reminds me of Reylo offspring— the writers are going to have to come up with something that isn’t “A Skywalker goes Dark but is saved by love.” Paternal love in Anakin’s case, then (we hope) romantic love in Reylo— same overarching theme. Soooooooo....how to do something different? O e idea is the “not evil but can’t control his/her powers breaking out” theory that we threw around re: Rey and/or Ben before TLJ come out. It’s s thought, anyway.
@Lily Snape

I know many want Rey to have twins at some point, perhaps they can go with a cool Artemis Apollo dynamic, I've always loved that mythic pair. Basically what Luke and Leia could have been but never were.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:45 am

@rey09 wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@Lily Snape

I know many want Rey to have twins at some point, perhaps they can go with a cool Artemis Apollo dynamic, I've always loved that mythic pair. Basically what Luke and Leia could have been but never were.
@rey09

Oh that’s a great one! I’m thinking too if they only have one child, this one would probably be fighting for the side of light this time around. Or even better, they’re both light and dark like their father, but instead they are embrace both sides successfully and while still being a full blown hero/protagonist. Obviously there would need to be some sort of antagonist or foil for them to go up against but I think the full embrace of their duality could be really interesting.

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:03 am

@Lily Snape wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@Lily Snape

To follow what you say here, I like the idea of Rey and Kylo kind of having some Incredibles kids, where having such powerful parents actually makes the so powerful, that it makes their lives a struggle, particularly as children, because they know too much, see too much too early and have early-occurring powers that they can't control or understand.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:22 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@Lily Snape

To follow what you say here, I like the idea of Rey and Kylo kind of having some Incredibles kids, where having such powerful parents actually makes the so powerful, that it makes their lives a struggle, particularly as children, because they know too much, see too much too early and have early-occurring powers that they can't control or understand.
@SoloSideCousin

I’d like that also—it would be a legitimate struggle and something to drive the plot without being good vs. evil all over again.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 8:57 am

@ReyofLightSide

While I was watching Bloodline last year, I kept thinking that Owen Teague could play their son as well... but he has blue eyes. Contacts? Owen plays the child/teenage version of Ben Mendelsohn’s (Krennic in Rogue One) character on Bloodline.

Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 6:10 am

Hi everyone, I have some questions about it.
I loved Reylo very much and judging by the tumbrl and twitter trends, we still talk a lot of people like REYLO.

Personally, I'd like episode 9 end with a happy romantic ending and children for Rey and Ben.
I also think that Kylo REN will be transformed from a bad and funny antihero into a redeemed and positive Arthur King.
Male figure that children will love.
REy will be both heroine and queen of the heart of BEN.
I think it will exceed Frozen's fame for girls.

But I have doubts. Star Wars has communicated that with episode 9 it will close the Skyewalker saga.
Does it possible? With such a success they could give fans more movies about BEN SOLO and REY and their kids and I'm sure families would run to the movies.

Do you think the new heroes will be Ben and Rey's sons?
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 6:54 am

@giaciak2 wrote:
But I have doubts. Star Wars has communicated that with episode 9 it will close the Skyewalker saga.
Does it possible? With such a success they could give fans more movies about BEN SOLO and REY and their kids and I'm sure families would run to the movies.

Do you think the new heroes will be Ben and Rey's sons?
@giaciak2

Okey- so... first of all. They can't really tell us exactly what their plans are regarding the Skywalkers because, with Kylo/Ben the last remaining from the Skywalker bloodline, it would give away too much regarding IX. You can argue the Skywalker Name is extinct already since Luke is dead and doesn't have any offspring (as far as we know). Ben is a Solo not a Skywalker.

And - ending the Skywalker-Saga doesn't mean they have to kill everyone (Ben) off. It can also mean they achieved happiness and balance and they won't plan on making more movies about them in the near future since there is no conflict left for a story to be told? But maybe after 10 + years we see something about their grown- up kids? From a financial perspective this would make much more sense. So they CAN make more movies but they don't have to... if they kill Ben that option is gone. Wouldn't be very smart in my opinion, but who knows?
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 7:45 am

@"Night Huntress "
Tell me you are a friend of JJ Abrams and this is the future we will see .... Twisted Evil
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:27 am

@giaciak2 wrote:@"Night Huntress "
Tell me you are a friend of JJ Abrams and this is the future we will see .... Twisted Evil
@giaciak2

I'am JJ ABRAMS! Twisted Evil

Sorry- I couldn't resist Wink

Obviously I have no idea how IX will end... I just say from a logical and financial (and also narrative) point it wouldn't make sense kill Kylo/Ben. But that doesn't mean they won't.

Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Tue 20 Feb 2018, 8:45 am

[quote="Night Huntress"]
@giaciak2 wrote:@"Night Huntress "
@giaciak2

I'am JJ ABRAMS! Twisted Evil Claps Claps Claps Claps

giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 10:42 am

Random thought I'm not sure I've seen yet: what if there are not only biological Reylo babies, but adopted ones too? It would be kind of nice since Rey was an orphan that raised herself and Ben was a quasi-orphan separated from his parents.
californiagirl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:37 am

@californiagirl wrote:Random thought I'm not sure I've seen yet: what if there are not only biological Reylo babies, but adopted ones too? It would be kind of nice since Rey was an orphan that raised herself and Ben was a quasi-orphan separated from his parents.
@californiagirl

Broomboi might then become Broomboi Solo, then. :-p
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 2:06 pm

Ugh no Broomboi please.

I'm thinking their kids, or one of them, could be born without Force powers and that is the main drama. The main lesson would be becoming a great hero in spite of not having these great powers everyone in your family has.
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum