Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:44 am

https://mythcreants.com/blog/crafting-a-redemption-arc-for-your-villain/

Kylo is definitely a Zuko/Spike. He's specifically on a Temptation Arc, and the part of the story we should pick up with is "The Villain is Unhappy With Team Evil". Combine this with the Enemies to Lovers Arc @vaderito posted a while back (don't know if you still have this available for reference...) and that should give us our basic plot structure for the Force Plot (aka Renperor the Jedi Killer versus Reysistance the Last Jedi) in IX.
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:09 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Saracene

The space battles are great (the poor Resistance, tho Sad ) I just don’t feel the need to analyze them too much. Same with Finn/Rose or Poe/Holdo’s scenes except in regards to the overall themes of the film.

There had better be a Rey/Ben kiss in 9, because the number of people who think that Kylo’s only interested in Rey for her power is blowing my mind, lol (including, I just found out, my own husband, the traitor Razz)

I’m pretty sad about all the Rey/Leia scenes we’re not going to see now Sad I wish they had talked about Ben at the end of TLJ, but at least Rey’s holding the broken saber and sounding forlorn in that moment.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My youngest sister is another one. Traitors everywhere these days. She tried to explain me how Kylo used her[he wanted to but so did Rey] and how it was wrong from him. I don't know, but it just baffles me how it can such a trivial thing can go over the heads of so many people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:41 am

Kylo: Join me Rey, we'll rule the galaxy together.
Rey: Ok... tell me your five-year plan.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 7:53 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:https://mythcreants.com/blog/crafting-a-redemption-arc-for-your-villain/

Kylo is definitely a Zuko/Spike. He's specifically on a Temptation Arc, and the part of the story we should pick up with is "The Villain is Unhappy With Team Evil". Combine this with the Enemies to Lovers Arc @vaderito posted a while back (don't know if you still have this available for reference...) and that should give us our basic plot structure for the Force Plot (aka Renperor the Jedi Killer versus Reysistance the Last Jedi) in IX.
@MeadowofAshes

I realized not only is Kylo much like Zuko, he's got a lot of Azula- that rage and intensity. People see him too much from the azula perspective while we view him more from zuko's side. And yet the creators even make you sympathize with azula by the end with her own mommy issues.
rey09
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 7:57 am

I wonder if Kylo will view Rey through the occulus viewing device in the throne room.
Acritiqua
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 8:01 am

@DarthRen wrote:

The space battles are great (the poor Resistance, tho Sad ) I just don’t feel the need to analyze them too much. Same with Finn/Rose or Poe/Holdo’s scenes except in regards to the overall themes of the film.

There had better be a Rey/Ben kiss in 9, because the number of people who think that Kylo’s only interested in Rey for her power is blowing my mind, lol (including, I just found out, my own husband, the traitor Razz)

I’m pretty sad about all the Rey/Leia scenes we’re not going to see now Sad I wish they had talked about Ben at the end of TLJ, but at least Rey’s holding the broken saber and sounding forlorn in that moment.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My youngest sister is another one. Traitors everywhere these days. She tried to explain me how Kylo used her[he wanted to but so did Rey] and how it was wrong from him. I don't know, but it just baffles me how it can such a trivial thing can go over the heads of so many people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@DarthRen

I had to show my husband the Tweet Rian liked about romantic drama and the clip of Adam and Stephen Colbert making out with their Reylo dolls last night for him to believe it Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 8:30 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I agree that the number and timing of cuts continues to annoy me with this movie. Sometimes they cut into scenes they should have let play out in their whole, and it's irritating and makes everything feel choppy and short. I still think the Rey and Kylo development, as much as I liked it, should have been played out longer and over more scenes. 

Personally, I can see why some people may have come out with the impression that "Reylo" was just an impulsive mistake Rey made and that it's over now. We know better because we pore over scenes and are heavily invested in Kylo and his viewpoint on the story, but not everybody looks that hard. I think the general thoughts toward Kylo as a character in TFA versus how we saw him illustrates that (and we were the ones who were correct, so I'm not too worried there).

And I also agree that Rey as a character still hasn't hit her stride in my opinion. Something about her confuses me, like something key to letting me connect or get invested in her fully is just within reach but keeps falling back and out of it. I hope IX finally gets her to really "pop" for me.
@ZioRen
90% of the GA came out of TFA thinking Rey was Luke's daughter. Did that make her Luke's daughter? No. What the GA/antis interpret or believe is irrelevant to the story going forward. JJ was executive producer on TLJ and okayed everything. He loved Rian's story direction and will be creating a conclusion to that story, not the GA/anti story. Listening is the most important thing and obviously we did something right because while others have spent the past two weeks crying about their destroyed headcanons, we've been able to enjoy the film for what it is rather than what we wish it was.

I personally love the film so much and could go on about why for days, but I understand that not everybody is going to feel the same way. I just wouldn't give GA opinions too much thought because they aren't in this to think, they're really in it for a good time. For example my PHD professor grandparents who thought TLJ was a sequel to Rogue One until I told them two days later that it wasn't. Laughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

This. Whether someone interprets Reylo as an impulsive mistake on Rey's part (that will see her to go forward without a man or with a typical nice guy like Finn or Poe) is irrelevant to where the movie is actually going. If LF wanted Rey to be with Finn or Poe, for example, than they would have poured all romantic subtext from TFA and romantic text from TLJ into Rey's scene with one of those characters. As it is, subtext/text is all in Reylo scenes so, no, they are not ditching that for unearned and cheap "gotcha" switch.

It's like when Reywalkers were using Reywalker-led polls as an evidence that Reywalker was going to happen cause most people voted for Reywalker. They don't make movies. They don't necessarily read movies correctly (especially surface reading won't get you anywhere). In short, they don't matter.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 8:35 am

@MeadowofAshes wrote:https://mythcreants.com/blog/crafting-a-redemption-arc-for-your-villain/

@MeadowofAshes

Boy meets girl/Girl Meets Boy (TFA)

Boy likes girl/Girl likes boy (TFA,TLJ)

Boy loses girl/Girl loses boy (TLJ)

Boy regains girl/Girl regains boy (IX)

Also, Kylo at the end of TLJ is Anakin before the fight with Obi Wan...if Anakin killed the Jedi and Palpatine, became the Emperor, Padme had Obi Wan's powers, lived, ran over to the rebellion, became the symbol of the rebellion and the restoration of the Jedi. What would happen, what will happen?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:32 am

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@DarthRen

I had to show my husband the Tweet Rian liked about romantic drama and the clip of Adam and Stephen Colbert making out with their Reylo dolls last night for him to believe it Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

I wonder what some people go to the cinema for, because if you don’t get the core of the movie, you have understood nothing. Saving Ben Solo, the last living vestige of the Golden Trio, is the core of this trilogy, so his redemption is what really matters. It’s about “saving what we love”, like Rose says to Finn, in this case Luke, Han and Leia’s lost boy. Even for Luke Ben was his boy, he shared his same blood and Luke never had kids.

The war never ends, it’s cyclical, in one movie the Resistance wins and in the next the Empire/First Order strikes back. There’s always a war somewhere in the galaxy/world. These wars are never the heart of Star Wars, despite the saga’s name. SW is about the main themes in life, especially family, hope and love in all its forms. In the ST battles are the background but what is forefront is not that, this ST is about saving someone whom the main characters love and needs help to save himself.

“There’s someone one who still could (come back) with your help”. This is what Mazz said to Rey, and this someone is and always has been Ben Solo.

People go to the cinema and don’t see this, including my husband. My children saw something but they had doubts about what they’d seen because of Poe. I guess people don’t know how to read stories any more but it’s all there, in the movies. It’s quite frustrating. If it wasn’t for you and other fans like you, I’d be very frustrated.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:37 am

@Reynak wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@DarthRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

I wonder what some people go to the cinema for, because if you don’t get the core of the movie, you have understood nothing. Saving Ben Solo, the last living vestige of the Golden Trio, is the core of this trilogy, so his redemption is what really matters. It’s about “saving what we love”, like Rose says to Finn, in this case Luke, Han and Leia’s lost boy. Even for Luke Ben was his boy, he shared his same blood and Luke never had kids.

The war never ends, it’s cyclical, in one movie the Resistance wins and in the next the Resitance/First Order strikes back. There’s always a war somewhere in the galaxy/world. These wars are never the heart of Star Wars, despite the saga’s name. SW is about the main themes in life, especially family, hope and love in all its forms. In the ST battles are the background but what is forefront is not that, this ST is about saving someone whom the main characters love and needs help to save himself.

“There’s soneone who still could (come back) with your help”. This is what Mazz said to Rey, and this someone is and always has been Ben Solo.
People go to the cinema and don’t see this, including my husband. My children saw something but they had doubts what they’d seen because of Poe. I guess people don’t know how to read stories any more but it’s all there, in the movies. It’s quite frustrating. If it wasn’t for you and other fans like you, I’d be very frustrated.
@Reynak

I feel like those who didn’t understand the in your face sexual attraction between Rey and Ben are going to have a very hard time going into episode IX. It’s like reading a 30 chapter novel, skipping chapters 10 through 25, and attempting to decipher the end.

Last edited by IoJovi on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:40 am

@Reynak I have friends who constantly say: Just put it there. I’m tired of symbolism.
There’s also this one: No matter what, SW will always use obvious symbolism. (I tend to agree with this one - TLJ was not subtle in many of its scenes.)
And people really don’t much about narrative structure and storytelling these days. I feel like I need to really dust off that English degree. I wasn’t great at it, but I got it done.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:48 am

People are angry at TLJ because it's a real movie. It wasn't made to give you a 2 hour action high or leave you feeling perfectly elated, and obviously some fans couldn't cope. That's the sad reality of it I'm afraid. And that's not to say it's a perfect film, just that LucasFilm/Rian were going for something outside the box that hit with critics and missed some fans who just wanted a blockbuster, not a character-driven think-piece complete with uncomfortable symbolism and electric intimacy.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:01 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@Reynak wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@DarthRen

@Cowgirlsamurai

The war never ends, it’s cyclical, in one movie the Resistance wins and in the next the Resitance/First Order strikes back. There’s always a war somewhere in the galaxy/world. These wars are never the heart of Star Wars, despite the saga’s name. SW is about the main themes in life, especially family, hope and love in all its forms. In the ST battles are the background but what is forefront is not that, this ST is about saving someone whom the main characters love and needs help to save himself.

“There’s soneone who still could (come back) with your help”. This is what Mazz said to Rey, and this someone is and always has been Ben Solo.
People go to the cinema and don’t see this, including my husband. My children saw something but they had doubts what they’d seen because of Poe. I guess people don’t know how to read stories any more but it’s all there, in the movies. It’s quite frustrating. If it wasn’t for you and other fans like you, I’d be very frustrated.
@Reynak

I feel like those who didn’t understand the in your face sexual attraction between Rey and Ben are going to have a very hard time going into episode IX.  
@IoJovi

That’s even more difficult to understand because it was smoldering. In those Space Skype calls they share the UST is insane. Whenever he approaches her, prowling like a big predator it’s so blatant. And it’s mutual because he’s seen through her eyes and she wants him, real bad.

In the call that she calls him a murderous snake and a monster he looks at her as if he feels like a moth attracted to a flame. She is the flame and is looking into a precipice, that of desire for something forbidden. This is so Victorian it belongs in a gothic romance. Those who have read some can see the scene for what it is. But the UST is there, their acting leaves no space for doubting this. A man can’t look any more drawn to a woman than him in that scene, so I can’t imagine why they don’t get it.

When she sees him half naked they should wonder why Rian took this choice. Showing a girl looking at a shirtless man and reacting the way she does is so obvious. There’s sexual desire, it’s so clear that she wants him.

When they hold hands the message is another, it’s deeper because it’s so romantic. It’s like a tentative first kiss between two people in love. Their connections show a relationship starting and evolving, from the spark of attraction towards falling in love.

She fights Luke for him, she risks her own feedom and life for him. I don’t know what else they need to get it.

I guess they need to see them b.....g and both have to say “I love you” for some people to believe their eyes, but the sexual and romantic tension in TLJ was off the charts, not subtle.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:11 am

@vaderito wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

Boy meets girl/Girl Meets Boy (TFA)

Boy likes girl/Girl likes boy (TFA,TLJ)

Boy loses girl/Girl loses boy (TLJ)

Boy regains girl/Girl regains boy (IX)

Also, Kylo at the end of TLJ is Anakin before the fight with Obi Wan...if Anakin killed the Jedi and Palpatine, became the Emperor, Padme had Obi Wan's powers, lived, ran over to the rebellion, became the symbol of the rebellion and the restoration of the Jedi. What would happen, what will happen?
@vaderito

Do you have the longer one that has several points about "boy and girl try to stay away from each other", "boy and girl can't stay away"?
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 11:15 am

@Reynak

I think at the beginning of that second Skype session after he turns round and senses the Force bond has opened he gives Rey elevator eyes (even though she’s just wearing a poncho) then he steps towards her for a closer look and opens his mouth slightly (I could be wrong though)
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 11:18 am

I wish I could watch all the force bond sessions again. It seems the Lucas film people have been taking down the leaked footage online at various reddit sites.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 11:27 am

It took my husband seeing TFA about six times before he turned to me and said: 'Oh, yeah....Kylo and Rey are going to get together and have five kids. It is obvious!' He eventually saw it. He didn't believe me at first....actually most of my star wars friends thought I was seeing things. I kept explaining, even though I never studied film making or literary analysis in University, I did have experience in theater/Opera. Everything shown on screen and on stage is deliberate. So all the UST is there for a reason. Wink I think I should ask them what they thought about Rey and Kylo.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 12:27 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:@Reynak

I think at the beginning of that second Skype session after he turns round and senses the Force bond has opened he gives Rey elevator eyes (even though she’s just wearing a poncho) then he steps towards her for a closer look and opens his mouth slightly (I could be wrong though)
@MrsWindu

I didn’t notice the elevator eyes, but I did notice that he opens his mouth slightly and looks at her as if he would eat her up if they were in the same place and not light years apart. And the way he approaches her makes him seem very dangerous, predatory. Looking at him feels like looking at a tiger opposite you on the other side of a high security glass wall, like in some zoos. You’re sure he’d devour you if the glass wasn’t there.

That’s why she calls him a murderous a snake and then a monster. He seems animalistic when he approaches her and admits he’s a monster. But he is dangerous because he is seductive, this is the kind of danger he poses for her, like the darkly attractive men in Gothic romances. They are about the dangers of giving in to your sexual drive if you are a female. Kylo is for Rey like those femme fatales in Film Noir. It’s not sensible to fall for them and you should choose a nice person instead, that’s their message. But is the safe sensible choice what the protagonist wants?

If heroines took the safe conventional path, they would never accept their quest, they’d never live adventures, kill dragons or be sweept away by enigmatic love interests. The safe and sound choice may be the best for us in the real world but Rey is a heroine, she can’t conform or be fearful. She will choose adventure over security and make us enjoy vicariously what the thrill feels like. This includes love and romace.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 12:49 pm

As my family was either oblivious or kinda okay-ish with it. The best reaction was from my best friend. He was like Kylo is gonna get some - eventually.  Not like that is the most important to me but can't disagree with him.

Question for anyone.

Do you prefer the slow build up to a romance, rather than the relationship itself? I love the part where two people are in the process of figuring things out, testing each othe and, realizing their feelings. Like in TLJ, where it's obvious Kylo/Ben and Rey fancy each other, dancing around it, you can tell they have feelings for one another but can't quite grasp on it. Not like I hate the full-blown committed relationship phase itself, but this part is for me way more fun. For many probably frustrating part.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:09 pm

@Saracene wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@IoJovi @Saracene

I think most of us knew that without a kiss, many people would still deny the romantic tension between these two. But judging by what we got, which is more than many of us had realistically expected, it’s still boggling my mind. My best friend finally went to see it Friday and immediately started blowing up my phone with “REY AND KYLO!!! I LOVE THEM!” messages, haha.

I’ve actually seen a lot of comments on Reylo account posts on IG saying that interpreting Kylo as a romantic character would be “ruining him” and that Reylos are the cancer of the fandom. Suspect Wow, that is extreme, and deeply rooted in denialsville.
@Cowgirlsamurai

At first I thought, "I wish they had included a kiss so that it was clear," but then I realized that kiss or no kiss, there's an element of the fandom who will find a way to explain away everything.  If Rey and Kylo had kissed, that would have been interpreted as Kylo weaponizing his attractiveness and sex appeal and taking advantage of her loneliness to lure Rey to the Dark side.  The filmmakers have to leave some things for people to debate and ponder, and this film has a cliffhanger of relationships and emotions, but we know that Rey and Kylo will have an amazing, epic romance, and we will have had four ! years enjoying it.   Smile
@Lily Snape

I think that if a Reylo kiss happens in this series it makes sense for it to happen after Kylo does something 100% selfless that leaves no room whatsoever for any doubts regarding his intentions. I mean, technically he does save Rey's life in TLJ, but I genuinely can't make out at what point he decided to kill Snoke - when he sees Rey in her Snow White coffin? When Snoke explains how he created the connection? In any case there's a degree of calculation and planning involved that makes it different to Vader saving Luke in RotJ, which really was a pure selfless act done with no regard for one's own well-being.
@Saracene

I completely agree.  They've made Kylo human and likable enough in this film that more people are actually invested in his redemption and in him and Rey.  And they've made it clear that he's the last Skywalker, so there's that.  He pulled a "Zuko in the Crystal Cave" here, and he (as was indicted by the kneeling with bowed head and looking mournfully at Rey) is already regretting it.  Things are left up in the air, but this is the fascinating, psychologically complex, character-driven story of the development of a heroine and the redemption of a villain, and they are letting it take time.  There will always be people who say at the end of each film, "Well, now Kylo has gone full evil."  But he hadn't in TFA and he hasn't now.  And the confirmation of their romance will come when he and Rey are in full understanding of each other and headed toward the same goals-- not just lonely people who understand each other's loneliness and the isolation of having the great power they have, but not each other's life plans and values.

Edited to add to @DarthRen -- this has been pointed out about many films and things like Jane Austen novels, that it's always about the uncertainty, the drama leading up to people finally confirming that they're in love.  It ends with a wedding.  The actual committed relationship is not as fun to follow-- well, on the big screen, anyway.  Smile. But I'd love to see Rey and Kylo as a pair in some future adventure, either their own or playing a role in someone else's, because I love their dynamic.  Especially because of all his conflict, I guess-- people are already writing fanfic in which he's dealing with the aftermath of his crimes and the PTSD that comes with it, so it's not like all the drama would leave his life once he's turned to the Light side and got the girl.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:25 pm

@DarthRen wrote:As my family was either oblivious or kinda okay-ish with it. The best reaction was from my best friend. He was like Kylo is gonna get some - eventually.  Not like that is the most important to me but can't disagree with him.

Question for anyone.

Do you prefer the slow build up to a romance, rather than the relationship itself? I love the part where two people are in the process of figuring things out, testing each othe and, realizing their feelings. Like in TLJ, where it's obvious Kylo/Ben and Rey fancy each other, dancing around it, you can tell they have feelings for one another but can't quite grasp on it. Not like I hate the full-blown committed relationship phase itself, but this part is for me way more fun. For many probably frustrating part.
@DarthRen

I'm like you.
I've always preferred the moments before the actual relationship, especially when the characters start from a position of hate or dislike. I find it intriguing, fun, the more time they need the better  Lolilol Waiting can be unnerving but also exciting.
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:34 pm

@DarthRen,
I prefer tend to prefer slow burn romances in general. But, sometimes I just love to read smut. I didn't even realize that fanfiction existed until everyone freaked out about the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. LOL!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:37 pm

@DarthRen @cherrylipstick @Lily Snape @Birdwoman
Darth Ren wrote:
Do you prefer the slow build up to a romance, rather than the relationship itself? I love the part where two people are in the process of figuring things out, testing each othe and, realizing their feelings.

Yes, I like the build-up and being tantalized by the tension.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:42 pm

@DarthRen wrote:As my family was either oblivious or kinda okay-ish with it. The best reaction was from my best friend. He was like Kylo is gonna get some - eventually.  Not like that is the most important to me but can't disagree with him.

Question for anyone.

@DarthRen

Isn’t the build up the most exciting part of real life relationships too? Laughing I mean look at most romance movies. The kiss is usually at the end, right? Pride and Prejudice, You’ve Got Mail, etc. Those are both kind of enemies to lovers movies too. Seeing the characters’ slowly changing dynamic is as interesting as it gets.
I don’t mean to put down stable relationships, but most peoples’ marriages wouldn’t make an entertaining movie. That’s why love stories don’t delve in to couples long after they solidify their romantic status. We just want to know that they got together, and then it’s “happily ever after,” right? Wink
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:51 pm

It's hilarious how Snoke intended the mind connection to sway Rey into trying to save Ben, but given no thought whatsoever to how contact with a girl might affect his young apprentice lol. Goes to show how sure he was of his hold over Ben. Well that's what you get for playing matchmaking Wink
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum