Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:51 pm

I love the built up the most as well. Especially with the "enemy to lovers" kind of romances- but there are certain authors that are able to write interesting stories with couples when they are together- but it's much more difficult.
I loved to read about Han & Leia's relationship in the old EU- they were never boring to me. I think it was because of their dynamic.
Both stubborn with a lot of temper and passion... just like Ben & Rey Mwehe
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:56 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:As my family was either oblivious or kinda okay-ish with it. The best reaction was from my best friend. He was like Kylo is gonna get some - eventually.  Not like that is the most important to me but can't disagree with him.

Question for anyone.

Do you prefer the slow build up to a romance, rather than the relationship itself? I love the part where two people are in the process of figuring things out, testing each othe and, realizing their feelings. Like in TLJ, where it's obvious Kylo/Ben and Rey fancy each other, dancing around it, you can tell they have feelings for one another but can't quite grasp on it. Not like I hate the full-blown committed relationship phase itself, but this part is for me way more fun. For many probably frustrating part.
@DarthRen

Isn’t the build up the most exciting part of real life relationships too? Laughing I mean look at most romance movies. The kiss is usually at the end, right? Pride and Prejudice, You’ve Got Mail, etc. Those are both kind of enemies to lovers movies too. Seeing the characters’ slowly changing dynamic is as interesting as it gets.
I don’t mean to put down stable relationships, but most peoples’ marriages wouldn’t make an entertaining movie. That’s why love stories don’t delve in to couples long after they solidify their romantic status. We just want to know that they got together, and then it’s “happily ever after,” right? Wink
@Cowgirlsamurai

I've encountered quite a few people, how healthy/stable/long-term relationships are way better in their opinions in the movies. It could their fear of their own relationships being portrayed on the screen, we tend to hate things that reminds us of the past problems in our lives. Maybe my judgement is skewed by the people I've been talking to in-person tho.

I mean, I'm personally from the family where long-term, easy going relationships are pretty much usual standard. Except me and my girlfriend. We were on and off, not like Kylo/Ben and Rey but we had our fair share of struggles. My parents married for 35 years, grandpa/grandma even more from mother's side, same from my father's side. They all met very young, got married or simple been together ever since. Far from P&P, Reylo.

We'd make for a very boring movie, that is true.

Last edited by DarthRen on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 1:57 pm

@Reynak - oh he's defnitely got some Homme Fatale going on. Anybody who watched Veronica Mars, would recognize the similarities between him and Logan "We could've been epic!" Eccols.

So maybe this means there will be a FinnRey kiss in IX (though poor Rose!)

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Screen50
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:06 pm

@Saracene wrote:It's hilarious how Snoke intended the mind connection to sway Rey into trying to save Ben, but given no thought whatsoever to how contact with a girl might affect his young apprentice lol. Goes to show how sure he was of his hold over Ben. Well that's what you get for playing matchmaking Wink
@Saracene

His whole arc in the movie and trilogy has been about his overconfidence in his control of Kylo/Ben. He basically taunted him, Rey, even Hux that HE is the one who knows everything, who calls the shots. In the end that was his downfall. I understand why people have been angry with his arc given all the hype but I think it served its purpose as part of Kylo's/Ben's character development.

@snufkin wrote: oh he's defnitely got some Homme Fatale going on. Anybody who watched Veronica Mars, would recognize the similarities between him and Logan "We could've been epic!" Eccols.
@snufkin

Jess Mariano and Rory Gilmore fits that all too well. It could've been truly epic couple, sometimes it's never meant to be.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:27 pm

@Saracene wrote:It's hilarious how Snoke intended the mind connection to sway Rey into trying to save Ben, but given no thought whatsoever to how contact with a girl might affect his young apprentice lol. Goes to show how sure he was of his hold over Ben. Well that's what you get for playing matchmaking Wink
@Saracene

I also found that amusing. The worst part is Snoke knew Kylo's "compassion" for Rey (his light side counterpart) was an issue. Andy Serkis commented that Snoke feared the feminine Force? (something like that). He was so overconfident in his abilities that he was blind and underestimated the bond Rey and Kylo had forged. Pride comes before the fall...

Last edited by Kessel on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:29 pm

@Saracene

I know. Did Snoke SEE them holding hands, or not? “You’re not alone.” “Neither are you.” And he’s expected to cut her head off? WTF.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:42 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Saracene

I know. Did Snoke SEE them holding hands, or not? “You’re not alone.” “Neither are you.” And he’s expected to cut her head off? WTF.
@Cowgirlsamurai

Further evidence why I don't think he created the bond, as he clearly had little understanding of how deep it went.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:43 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:  

Do you have the longer one that has several points about "boy and girl try to stay away from each other", "boy and girl can't stay away"?
@MeadowofAshes

Found it! Please keep it somewhere, lol, I'm bad at keeping stuff:

Lovers have a hostile meeting (Takodana)

Lovers are intrigued regardless (interrogation, snow fight)

Lovers start to bond (Force Bond)

Lovers develop feelings for each other (Force Bond)

Lovers are warned off seeing each other (Luke)

Lovers defy their elders (parents, mentors, guardians) so they can be together aka Rebellious Phase (Rey beats up Luke, Kylo kills Snoke)

Lovers revel in new freedom (fight against the Guards)

Lovers discover they are not ready to give up everything for each other (Join my way vs Join my way)

Lovers break up (the saber)

Lovers emotions running high after the break up (Kylo's tantrums)

Lovers are seemingly separated forever (Rey closes the door)

Lovers feign indifference (IX?)

Lovers are told to forget each other (IX?)

Lovers can't forget each other (IX?)

Lover meet again (IX?)

Lovers can't deny feelings (IX?)

Lovers amend for mistakes (IX?)

Lovers decide they are ready to leave everything for each other (IX?)

Lovers stand united against the world (IX?)

The world accepts lovers (IX?)

The End
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 2:47 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:  

Do you have the longer one that has several points about "boy and girl try to stay away from each other", "boy and girl can't stay away"?
@MeadowofAshes

Found it! Please keep it somewhere, lol, I'm bad at keeping stuff:

Lovers have a hostile meeting (Takodana)

Lovers are intrigued regardless (interrogation, snow fight)

Lovers start to bond (Force Bond)

Lovers develop feelings for each other (Force Bond)

Lovers are warned off seeing each other (Luke)

Lovers defy their elders (parents, mentors, guardians) so they can be together aka Rebellious Phase (Rey beats up Luke, Kylo kills Snoke)

Lovers revel in new freedom (fight against the Guards)

Lovers discover they are not ready to give up everything for each other (Join my way vs Join my way)

Lovers break up (the saber)

Lovers emotions running high after the break up (Kylo's tantrums)

Lovers are seemingly separated forever (Rey closes the door)

Lover meet again (IX?)

The End
@vaderito

If we had a pinned post area, this would be on it.  

Simply beautiful - bravo!!!! cheers  

*goes into the corner and ugly cries...*
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:29 pm

@Reynak - well Kylo really is terrible at being a villain and the entire plot for him in TFA is that the villain has a really bad day at work. Poe as a rival, though, aargh! I mean, you have me convinced if they want to put the screws to him about how Poe is Mr Perfect who got everything that should've been his, including Rey. Does this mean there will be some big showdown where Kylo shows up full of rage and goes after Poe like this?

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Empty SONG FORESHADOWING REYLO IN TLJ BEFORE TFA EVEN CAME OUT

Post by anneb on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:43 pm

Okay guys I just found out about this song by a korean group, EXO, called Light Saber, IN COLLABORATION WITH STAR WARS that came out even before TFA, in november 2015.
And having read the lyrics it totally foreshadows the Reylo dynamic. I'm probably not the first one to notice that but after TLJ this song is really interesting :

"You’re a lone flower.
A cold, iced-over gaze,
starlight hidden in the depths.
If only I could wake you
from your long slumber
in the jet black darkness
…"

I think here the lone flower is Kylo Ren who has always been very lonely, who has a cold gaze because of all his bad actions and because he lives on the starkiller base, an iced planet. Rey in TLJ wants to wake him from his slumber in the darkness.

"When I reach your world I awaken" When Rey meets Kylo she has a force (and sexual?) awakening, during the interrogation scene and during their fight on the Starkiller base

"I wandered here to your outreached hand,
found you to protect you, be your savior.
In the pitch black darkness I’ll take your hand.
A life saver, Lightsaber"

The be your savior parts can refer both to Rey going on the Supremacy to save Kylo from Snoke, and then to Kylo saving Rey from Snoke by killing him
"A life saver Light saber", the lightsaber that Rey throws to Kylo to save his life?
"In the pitch black darkness I’ll take your hand", BIG FORESHADOWING OF THE HUT SCENE, when they touch each other hands in the dark.

"It makes your frozen heart melt and flow,
and within we now dance the dance of light."

"I’ll bring you to my side before anyone else can see."
How they both tried to bring the other to their side

I mean, this can't be just a coincidenceright? Lyrics of LIGHTSABER

anneb
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:51 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

Further evidence why I don't think he created the bond, as he clearly had little understanding of how deep it went.
@IoJovi

Well, he made him kill his own father and Snoke may not know he spared his mother’s life, why wouldn’t he expect him to kill Rey too? His feelings for Rey are deep but he did kill his own father, whom he loved.

Kylo is like a memeber of a sect under Snoke’s paw. He has been groomed and manipulated until he’s lost his own identity and free will. He looks completely manipulated in that throne room, terrified and controlled. When he approaches Snoke after his death Rian shows us what Ben sees, an old creep without dignity. Some say he was looking at that throne because he is power hungry, but he wasn’t looking at the throne but at the undignified corpse with its tongue dangling out of its mouth. That showed him that he had been dominated by a piece of trash all those years. What a terrible irony.

Without Rey, he’d still be Snoke’s prisoner, so she saved him, and she was able to help him because she was the only one who believed in him and saw in him something good. Others loved him but didn’t go to the Big Bad’s lair to save him like she did. That made the difference.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:58 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:People are angry at TLJ because it's a real movie. It wasn't made to give you a 2 hour action high or leave you feeling perfectly elated, and obviously some fans couldn't cope. That's the sad reality of it I'm afraid. And that's not to say it's a perfect film, just that LucasFilm/Rian were going for something outside the box that hit with critics and missed some fans who just wanted a blockbuster, not a character-driven think-piece complete with uncomfortable symbolism and electric intimacy.
@FrolickingFizzgig
I pretty much blame the entertainment industry's over-reliance on subversion, cynicism and nihilism for this. When you get more examples of subverted tropes than classic ones played straight and the protagonists are more often antiheroes with an "us vs. them" instead "right vs. wrong" morality and then throw in a helping of "death is cheap" and its easy to see how general audiences can miss it... especially since this trend has been going on and accelerating for many people's entire lives (I'd really ballpark the start in fits and spurts in the late 60's while it really picked up steam starting in the 90's).

In other words, not enough people get exposed to real storytelling on any sort of regular basis... so its like tasting salsa after a lifetime of oatmeal. Not everyone is going to have a positive reaction to it the first time because it is so different than what they're used to.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:58 pm

@Reynak wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@Saracene

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

Well, he made him kill his own father and Snoke may not know he spared his mother’s life, why wouldn’t he expect him to kill Rey too. His feelings for Rey are deep but he did kill his own father, whom he loved.

Kylo is like a memeber of a sept under Snoke’s paw. He has been groomed and manipulated until he’s lost his own identity and free will. He looks completely manipulated in that throne room, terrified and controlled. When he approaches Snoke after his death Rian shows us what Ben sees, an old creep without dignity. Some say he was looking at that throne because he is power hungry, but he wasn’t looking at the throne but at the undignified corpse with its tongue dangling out of its mouth. That showed him that he had been dominated by a piece of trash all those years. What a terrible irony.

Without Rey, he’d still be Snoke’s prisoner, so she saved him, and she was able to help him because she was the only one who believed in him and saw in him something good. Others loved him but didn’t go to the Big Bad’s lair to save him like she did. That made the difference.

@Reynak

I think these are an excellent points, especially the bolded. The fact Rey actually believed in Ben is going to mean something significant later. It may have led to Supreme Leader Ren, but there's so much more there. So many people think it's just about the power for Kylo, but what he was also doing was regaining his freedom, and Rey is the reason for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 3:59 pm

@Reynak wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@Reynak - oh he's defnitely got some Homme Fatale going on. Anybody who watched Veronica Mars, would recognize the similarities between him and Logan "We could've been epic!" Eccols.

So maybe this means there will be a FinnRey kiss in IX (though poor Rose!)

Romantic Reylo AKA the Who's Your Daddy Thread - Page 6 Screen50
@snufkin

What if she kisses Poe? It would be easy because Poe is dashing and experienced, universally admired despite the damage he caused in TLJ. He is the opposite to Kylo, who everyone wants to kill and has 0 social skills, is awkward and inexperienced with girls.

Poe is a serious rival, not Finn. Finn had an innocent crush on her at most, but Poe is the type who could easily impress a lonely girl and she might feel flattered if a man like him put his eyes on her.

I’d never had thought of this if it wasn’t for that cut to Poe waking up after the scene where Rey is being tortured and the way he smiles at her when they meet, it seems flirty. He answers I know and I don’t think the  of words is casual, Rian is very clever and nothing seems casual in TLJ.

I don’t think Poe/Rey will be something important and I’ve been sure Reylo is “the romace” of this trilogy since TFA but I think these scenes sugget the intention to play with it, like a Whickham type of character for Lizzy Bennet. If Poe turned out to be a scoundrel like Whickham, it might even work. Everything has been stolen from Ben, including his mother’s attention and mentorship, which belongs to Poe now. If Leia passed her leadership to anyone, this should be her son, but it will be Poe. So if Poe “threatens” to steal Ben’s true and only love, it will be the last straw.

He has to suffer so much to atone for his sins that he may have to go through this too before he regains Ray. I will be really annoyed if I see that, I’m already quite fed up with Poe because he reminds me of Roadrunner and I’ve always wanted Coyoye to kick his skinny a**.

In fact, Kylo reminds me of Coyote, he’s a terrible villain and he collects failure after failure, which lead him to becoming Supreme Leader. It shouldn’t surprise me, because more often than not lousy candidates become rulers all too often. It happens all over the world.
@Reynak

If two people smiling at each other is a sign of a romance, then I'm missing something here. I know line was explained recently by Rian, not much weight behind this.

We have enough of difference between Kylo/Ben and Rey ideological, two individuals, standing on the opposite sides of war as leaders unlike Elizabeth and Mr Darcy. They had to create a triangle to have romantic drama, in SW we have enough of that already light and dark challenging each other. If they want to make something cheap like that, it's simply not fitting here, then they can but not gonna achieve much more than it already could without it. I can see why people feel a bit cautious about it but honestly there is no reason, when there is already enough drama going on.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 4:10 pm

I was mostly being cheeky with the Emo Kylo Ren and Bridget Jones comments, but seeing the responses is making me feel like Rey's "Sorry!" after trashing the Caretaker's structures. Like guys, I was mostly joking and I'm sure Rey's not going to make out with Poe or be anything other than the human his droid chatters about the same way a little kid loves his babysitter or primary school teacher.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 4:18 pm

@snufkin wrote:@Reynak - well Kylo really is terrible at being a villain and the entire plot for him in TFA is that the villain has a really bad day at work. Poe as a rival, though, aargh! I mean, you have me convinced if they want to put the screws to him about how Poe is Mr Perfect who got everything that should've been his, including Rey. Does this mean there will be some big showdown where Kylo shows up full of rage and goes after Poe like this?

@snufkin

No, but I have to wonder why those scenes are there because I didn’t like them there.

Another problem is that Rian had to explain “I know” didn’t mean anything. The fact that he had to explain it means it wasn’t the right choice of words.

I like to try and see things from different angles. Not everybody reads every interview Rian gives. For instance, I had no idea Rian said anything about that sentence.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 5:26 pm

@vaderito Thank you for digging that up! cheers  Don't worry, I have it all saved together on my computer too. So if we need it again...

Okay, so here are the Temptation variety Redemption and Enemies to Lovers arc structures we haven't seen yet as of TLJ:

The Villain Is Unhappy in Team Evil (IX)
The Villain Must Stop a Great Evil (IX)
The Villain Makes a Great Sacrifice (IX)

Lover meet again (IX?)

So now we should be able to combine these to form a 3 Act story arc for Jedi Killer and the Last Jedi:
Act I:
The Villain Is Unhappy in Team Evil (IX) should be going on at the same time as:

Act II could be:
Lover meet again (IX?)

Act III:
The Villain Makes a Great Sacrifice (IX) leads into:
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 5:43 pm

@MeadowofAshes wrote:@vaderito Thank you for digging that up! cheers  Don't worry, I have it all saved together on my computer too. So if we need it again...

Okay, so here are the Temptation variety Redemption and Enemies to Lovers arc structures we haven't seen yet as of TLJ:

The Villain Is Unhappy in Team Evil (IX)
The Villain Makes a Great Sacrifice (IX)

Lover meet again (IX?)

So now we should be able to combine these to form a 3 Act story arc for Jedi Killer and the Last Jedi:
Act I:
The Villain Is Unhappy in Team Evil (IX) should be going on at the same time as:

Act II could be:
Lover meet again (IX?)

Act III:
@MeadowofAshes

Aaaaand...#lifekiss!

You can't have great sacrifice without #lifekiss. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 5:45 pm

@ISeeanIsland, the Sunken Place LMAO. Damn, that's the place where Ben is trapped in the grip of nostalgia. Snoke turned out to be just this rich collector a**hole who's the galaxy's biggest historic re-enactor.

@FrolickingFizzgig - there was probably some meeting like "Okay Oscar, we know in every other conceivable movie you'd be getting the girl because you're so damn charming and attractive. But just for once, we're gonna do things a little differently here. Just save the googly eyes for your cute little droid."

@MeadowofAshes - THANK YOU! No joke, but reading that makes a Hell of a lot more sense than anything EW or Vanity Fair has cranked out since the release. Never send in the entertainment journalists/professional fans to do the job of a literature teacher.

Speaking of Team Evil, Ben tells Hux that Rey is responsible for the carnage and we know (or at least if JJ and his co-writer have an ounce of sense) that's not going to be brushed aside as a plot point. So she gets an even bigger bounty on her head and meanwhile, you know Hux suspects that Ben offed their boss as a power play and is plotting against him. He may even suspect that they did it together and then she split back off to the Resistance because he's working on behalf of that side or they're trying to take down both groups. That seems like a pretty good starting point for the story, no matter how far ahead in time they jump for the next chapter.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:01 pm

Huh so it did just occur to me between those three characters, you have both Poe and Ben making their big reckless gambits of what they believe they're entitled to as leaders and f**king it up royally. Which Rey is a linchpin in both situations - she's the reason why Ben takes down Snoke and then has his Renperer breakdown because she's not interested in burning everything down/ruling together. And with Poe - the Resistance gets wiped out largely because of his shenanigans and it's Rey who comes in at the 11th hour to save what's left of that group so they can fight another day.

ETA - it's Paige and Holdo who are responsible for the big sacrifices and wins for the Resistance, followed by Rey rescuing them. Poe's arc is about recognizing the need to pull back/retreat sometimes and save the fighting for another day. But he's got a tiny (tiny!) moment of showing real leadership versus how it's Paige and Holdo who do the real work. And even with Rey, who learns the power was in her all along (anybody upset she's not Luke or Harry Potter, needs to go read The Wizard of Oz books, she's a Dorothy Gale), and comes to the rescue at the end.

Last edited by snufkin on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:01 pm

Like, lets play a Devil's Advocate. Reylo is the endgame. if there's Romantic Runner-up bump in their road, I can't say cause I'm not writing the movie. But based on all development and how narrative works, Reylo is the endgame, not a relationship introduced in the last movie. That stuff happens only if you fire an actor (how Shia Le Bouf character ended up with Rosie Huntington-Whitley character instead of Megan Fox's cause Mega got fired from Transformers 3).

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:02 pm

Now we gotta mix in Reverse Anidala beats because that's the missing piece of the puzzle.

So somewhere in all this...
Spoiler:
Act I:

Act II could be:
Lover meet again (IX?)

Act III:

We need the following elements for a basic Reverse Anidala:
Son deals with the lost Mother with his would-be lover
Lovers try to deny their feelings for each other - callback to Dominatrix!Padme denying her feelings for Anakin by the fireplace
The lovers unite romantically before the final battle - Padme and Anakin kiss and declare love before Geonosis battle

Hardline Reverse Anidala entails the following:
The Lovers Marry
The Lovers are pregnant/have children -- actually raising the children together or implying this will happen breaks the Anidala curse.

And hell yes @vaderito to #lifekiss!
MeadowofAshes
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm

@MeadowofAshes Reverse Anidala is a mystery. cause what we have is this:

Kylo's P&P proposal = Anakin's "we can rule the galaxy together"

Except that having killed Snoke to save Rey, Kylo is de facto Renperor, while Anakin tried to enlist Padme's help by promising to kill Palpatine and take his place.

Moreover, instead of Force Choke, they try to call the saber and it explodes aka the Force intervenes again to prevent one killing the other, like when it opened the ground between them. In both cases, it was Rey who was ready to attack.

Finally, Kylo vs Luke is like Anakin vs Vader except that Kylo is unharmed and Luke dies of his own will.

So where does the story go from here? Structurally, it should follow our notes especially as Reverse Anidala cause in the same Anidala scenario, that would be the most logical thing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 26 Dec 2017, 6:18 pm

@Reynak wrote:This is seen as an option by a good number of people in the GA and they don’t do it out of spite because they aren’t antis. That’s why I wonder why and what they saw. I like to listen to other opinions because I may not see that possibility because I don’t want to see it as I don’t like it.

@Reynak
But how is this any different from wondering why 90% of the GA walked out of TFA convinced Rey had to be Luke's daughter?

The fact is casual fans don't think about things as critically as we do. They don't follow news or interviews.

I am not trying to invalidate anybody's perspective, but I'm also not going to give it more attention than it deserves out of nonexistent insecurity. I know what I saw. I know what character dynamics are important. I know what the story is about.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum