Technical Issues

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by DeeBee on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

Hi Mods,
thanks for all that you do to keep this forum running smoothly!

I have a question.. I don't want to be creating work for you guys and starting threads when an appropriate thread already exists..
but sometimes I can't find the appropriate thread.. Is this an okay place to ask for advice? Most of the time I can find a

Is there an existing thread that covers Force lore? I'd like to discuss jedi texts and jedi abilities but can only find a thread related to force bonds or the concept of balance.. any kind suggestions? or should I create a thread?
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1168
Likes : 3413
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Darth Rowan on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 7:04 pm

@DeeBee wrote:Hi Mods,
thanks for all that you do to keep this forum running smoothly!

I have a question.. I don't want to be creating work for you guys and starting threads when an appropriate thread already exists..
but sometimes I can't find the appropriate thread.. Is this an okay place to ask for advice? Most of the time I can find a

Is there an existing thread that covers Force lore? I'd like to discuss jedi texts and jedi abilities but can only find a thread related to force bonds or the concept of balance.. any kind suggestions? or should I  create a thread?


Hi @DeeBee,

In general you should either PM or tag one of the staff when you're wanting feedback from us, as we don't get to read every post. This thread is for reporting technical issues, but we do have a Suggestions Thread that can be used to discuss new thread proposals.

To find the existing threads, use the search tool in the top right corner of your page. I put in "force" and a bunch of threads came up, but nothing quite like what you are describing. I would say check out the existing threads and if nothing fits, go ahead and create a new thread. If this is not something that is specifically pertaining to the ST but rather general Star Wars lore, it probably belongs in Takodana Woods.

Hope that helps!

_________________
"We'll see."
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 3733
Likes : 11210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by DeeBee on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm

@Darth Rowan wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:Hi Mods,
thanks for all that you do to keep this forum running smoothly!

I have a question.. I don't want to be creating work for you guys and starting threads when an appropriate thread already exists..
but sometimes I can't find the appropriate thread.. Is this an okay place to ask for advice? Most of the time I can find a

Is there an existing thread that covers Force lore? I'd like to discuss jedi texts and jedi abilities but can only find a thread related to force bonds or the concept of balance.. any kind suggestions? or should I  create a thread?


Hi @DeeBee,

In general you should either PM or tag one of the staff when you're wanting feedback from us, as we don't get to read every post. This thread is for reporting technical issues, but we do have a Suggestions Thread that can be used to discuss new thread proposals.

To find the existing threads, use the search tool in the top right corner of your page. I put in "force" and a bunch of threads came up, but nothing quite like what you are describing. I would say check out the existing threads and if nothing fits, go ahead and create a new thread. If this is not something that is specifically pertaining to the ST but rather general Star Wars lore, it probably belongs in Takodana Woods.

Hope that helps!
@Darth Rowan

Thanks Darth Rowan, yeah I've been getting to know the search function. The suggestions thread sounds good I might try that.
As for PM'g mods - lol I would be in two minds about who to PM haaaa.. but don't worry in future I will try the suggestions thread in future.

Sounds like I need to start a ST Force lore thread. Okay I'll go ahead. thanks again for your help.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1168
Likes : 3413
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 19 Jan 2018, 7:30 pm

@DeeBee

you can PM any of the Mods, our usernames are in blue so you can easily find us Smile When you want to tag us in a post make sure you use the @ symbol and then our username, or in the case of usernames with spaces you would do @"name name" (whatever the name is, say "Darth Rowan" but with the @ before it still) with quotation marks. Then we'll get alert notifications that will direct us to your post.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2033
Likes : 7762
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 32
Localisation : wherever Kylo Ren is

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Darth Rowan on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 10:05 am

Dear all, this morning the forum decided to send out a newsletter of its own volition. XD
This is an automated "upgrade". We have corrected our settings so that it doesn't happen again. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Also as a reminder to our newer members, the Forum User Manual has detailed instructions on how to do pretty much everything as far as user functions, including how to turn off your notifications so that you don't get hundreds of emails about replies in threads you posted in. See below:
Technical Issues - Page 4 Screen81

If you have any questions please contact any of the staff; we are happy to assist.
Technical Issues - Page 4 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f477a7a554d4f2d4a30357a5557513d3d2d3235313233373733312e313434613065343161613231303061392e676966?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

_________________
"We'll see."
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 3733
Likes : 11210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by giaciak2 on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 12:04 pm

Hello to all. I don’t know where to write. I am receiving requests for friendship but I can not accept them. I would like to know how I can accept the requests that arrive. Also I did not understand where I can see the ones I accepted. Thank you very much for your help.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 511
Likes : 1269
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by SkyStar on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 1:15 pm

@giaciak2 wrote:Hello to all. I don’t know where to write. I am receiving requests for friendship but I can not accept them. I would like to know how I can accept the requests that arrive. Also I did not understand where I can see the ones I accepted. Thank you very much for your help.
@giaciak2

hey! To accept pending friend requests you need to click on your "Profile", which is located on the top menu.
Then click on "Friends and Foes" page. There you can see a list of your friends and also pending friend requests. 
Technical Issues - Page 4 Captur10

Then just accept the request by clicking the "+" button near to the username. 

btw  - you can also access your profile by clicking on your username near the avatar to see your user statistics, find posts you have made and also look at your list of friends there. 
Hope this helps!
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1383
Likes : 6370
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 28
Localisation : Latvia

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Darth Rowan on Sun 18 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

Edit: @SkyStar, you beat me to it, lol.

@giaciak2 wrote:Hello to all. I don’t know where to write. I am receiving requests for friendship but I can not accept them. I would like to know how I can accept the requests that arrive. Also I did not understand where I can see the ones I accepted. Thank you very much for your help.
@giaciak2

Great question! We have an entry about Friends/Foes in the User Manual/How To thread:
Technical Issues - Page 4 Screen86

Your specific question had never come up, though, so we don't have detailed instructions on how to accept or refuse a friend. I'm adding this explanation to the manual now so that other people can reference it going forward. Please go there for any questions about how to do things in the forum. Thanks. ^^

To accept a friend request:

  • Through your User Control Panel:
    1. Go to the main toolbar (under our forum banner at the top of the page) > go to Profile > go to the Friends and Foes tab >
    2. Under the Friends and Foes tab you will find 4 rows: Friends, Requests Sent, Received Requests, Foes. Go to Received Requests > click + or - sign next to a username to accept or refuse a request.
  • By email: click on the link in the email > follow step 2 as above.

ACCEPT/REJECT FRIEND REQUEST:
Technical Issues - Page 4 Screen85




Let me know if that is any way unclear or you have any questions. ^^

_________________
"We'll see."
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 3733
Likes : 11210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by giaciak2 on Mon 19 Feb 2018, 5:16 am

@SkyStar @Darth Rowan
Thank you :-)
I followed the instructions of both.
With your instructions I succeeded easily.
Thanks again for the kind reply.
See you soon
Many HUGS from Rome 12:16 am in this moment :-D
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 511
Likes : 1269
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by snufkin on Wed 07 Mar 2018, 4:18 pm

Anybody else getting Google ads pushed to them via the mobile version of the classic view? I’m about ready to install an Ad Blocker on my phone because they’re pretty intrusive
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8088
Likes : 37130
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by ZioRen on Wed 07 Mar 2018, 4:20 pm

@snufkin wrote:Anybody else getting Google ads pushed to them via the mobile version of the classic view? I’m about ready to install an Ad Blocker on my phone because they’re pretty intrusive
@snufkin

I am indeed. I just noticed that today and wondered what the heck happened. Glad I'm not the only one!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2746
Likes : 18720
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Let The Past Die on Wed 07 Mar 2018, 4:24 pm

Yes! Was trying to work out what was going on, very annoying.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 881
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation :

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 07 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm

@Let The Past Die @ZioRen @snufkin
Yes, it's happening to some of us mods too. We're looking into it and should have answers/solutions soon.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2033
Likes : 7762
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 32
Localisation : wherever Kylo Ren is

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Let The Past Die on Wed 07 Mar 2018, 6:42 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:@Let The Past Die @ZioRen @snufkin
Yes, it's happening to some of us mods too. We're looking into it and should have answers/solutions soon.
@SheLitAFire
Thank you!
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 881
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation :

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:01 am

Hello, me too in Italy get google advertising since yesterday. It only happens by phone.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 511
Likes : 1269
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Darth Rowan on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 7:17 pm

We are looking into it. We pay a fee to block ads on the site, so this shouldn't be happening.
Can anyone let us know if this is happening on PC/desktop? So far it seems only on mobile?

_________________
"We'll see."
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Messages : 3733
Likes : 11210
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 6:15 am

@Darth Rowan wrote:We are looking into it. We pay a fee to block ads on the site, so this shouldn't be happening.
Can anyone let us know if this is happening on PC/desktop? So far it seems only on mobile?
@Darth Rowan

It was only on my mobile too. Although it seems to have stopped now. I haven't seen any over the last day.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1381
Likes : 10989
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-24
Age : 23
Localisation : England

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 6:49 am

it seems to have stopped also for my phone :-) Thank you
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 511
Likes : 1269
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation : Rome

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Let The Past Die on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 7:39 am

Yes, it seems to be gone now for me too. It was on my phone. Thank you for sorting it.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 881
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10
Localisation :

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 4:17 am

today I was logged out suddenly - had to change my password (because I forgot - my fault) but now that I'm logged in again I can't "like" postings anymore- it's the button is simply missing. Any idea why that is? Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1827
Likes : 8731
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by 12 Parsnips on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 6:49 am

@Night Huntress wrote:today I was logged out suddenly - had to change my password (because I forgot - my fault) but now that I'm logged in again I can't "like" postings anymore- it's the button is simply missing. Any idea why that is? Confus
@Night Huntress

Yep, this happened to me too--I am usually automatically logged in, but today I had to log in and once I did, there was still no Like button.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 145
Likes : 630
Date d'inscription : 2017-12-20
Age : 47
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by rawpowah on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:48 am

@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:today I was logged out suddenly - had to change my password (because I forgot - my fault) but now that I'm logged in again I can't "like" postings anymore- it's the button is simply missing. Any idea why that is? Confus
@Night Huntress

Yep, this happened to me too--I am usually automatically logged in, but today I had to log in and once I did, there was still no Like button.
@12 Parsnips


I'm having the same issue.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 911
Likes : 4572
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Starliteprism on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:53 am

@rawpowah wrote:
@12 Parsnips wrote:
@Night Huntress wrote:today I was logged out suddenly - had to change my password (because I forgot - my fault) but now that I'm logged in again I can't "like" postings anymore- it's the button is simply missing. Any idea why that is? Confus
@Night Huntress

Yep, this happened to me too--I am usually automatically logged in, but today I had to log in and once I did, there was still no Like button.
@12 Parsnips


I'm having the same issue.
@rawpowah

I'd like this comment, but... silent
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 659
Likes : 2042
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-17
Localisation : United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 7:54 am

@12 Parsnips @rawpowah

did you notice that strange green bar & the +/- on the right side of the postings??? If you klick on the plus, it's the new "like" button I guess.
But it's strange- I preferred the old simple "Like button" *sulking* Crying or Very sad
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1827
Likes : 8731
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Technical Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: Technical Issues

Post by special_cases on Fri 30 Mar 2018, 8:23 am

Green bar on the right side means there are some problems with forum. I usually have this issue when the problem is with my browser so it isn't new button.
special_cases
special_cases
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 848
Likes : 3589
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum