The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by special_cases on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:12 am

Kind of strange thing lately with filters on sub and I'm not sure mods that active on sub last weeks.
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:13 am

@MrsWindu wrote:What the blazes is going on with Reddit novelisation posts  - I keep seeing ‘removed’ like 4 times over for the final part ?!
@MrsWindu

It looks something's not working on reddit with the approval.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:19 am

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Just remember, IX will not be based on anything from novelization and deleted scenes. Only TLJ movie. Added novelization scenes and deleted scenes are for hard-core fans, not GA. So toddler Ben, Luke dreaming of Camie, etc are irrelevant. They may make us feel better or worse but they are not essential.
@vaderito

Pity in my opinion. They wasted time on poosistance and pootiny, and Leia puling a Michael Jordan but they couldn't hire a child actor to do a flashback of Ben?

Wasted potential.
@Xylo Ren

Well, that was what I personally missed in TLJ, too - and my only real critique. Nope

I wonder if they choose to leave that out because they want to make Bens redemption the big surprise in IX.
Remember most of the GA won't read the novelization and the fans who are more deeper into SW have their suspicion anyway.

Giving away too much of Ben's past or humanizing him by showing flashbacks of him as a boy would probably given away too much?
Idk. I personally wished they would've shown us some of this scenes.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:26 am

Me @ all the Baby Ben Solo references in this freaking book:

SAVE HIM

And I can't believe I paid 60 reais (equivalent of 30 dollars) to sit through 2:30 hours of terrible jokes and atrocious character development for Poe (of all people) when they could have used flashbacks to show us Baby Ben Solo wanting to be a pilot and playing with the freaking dice and being sad because his parents thought he was a monster
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:36 am

I know people are upset about not including certain parts but remember books will ALWAYS have a level of depth which cannot be translated onto screen for various reasons. I agree with the poster who said they probably want to cause discussion about Kylos fate and did not want to push too much of his backstory because it would then make it obvious that he's getting a redemption! I am happy with both the book and the film Smile

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:57 am

Ok but can we just talk about the fact that the guy on Reddit was useless. I know he didn't want to address the Reylo but how could you miss out all these details about Baby Ben and just yammer on about Hux??? As usual the difference when a Reylo gets their hands on content is astonishing.
And as for the spoilers themselves

This is torture, is2g. In Adam's own words: “I feel like that character [Kylo] makes sense to me. The family dynamic and desperately wanting family to be part of his life but not getting it. The anxiety and a lot of anger that that creates and that last a lifetime.” Cry Cry Cry
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:04 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:Ok but can we just talk about the fact that the guy on Reddit was useless. I know he didn't want to address the Reylo but how could you miss out all these details about Baby Ben and just yammer on about Hux??? As usual the difference when a Reylo gets their hands on content is astonishing.
And as for the spoilers themselves

This is torture, is2g. In Adam's own words: “I feel like that character [Kylo] makes sense to me. The family dynamic and desperately wanting family to be part of his life but not getting it. The anxiety and a lot of anger that that creates and that last a lifetime.” Cry Cry Cry
@Kylo Rey

It's so tragic. Everyone thinks he's a monster and he's just accepted that as his fate. He feels there is no going back. My heart breaks for him so much
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:09 am

Reddit user part 4

"Meta: Leia tries to imagine a miracle: Luke bringing a flotilla of Jedi battleships or Inferno Squad arriving with Starhawks [-class Battleships].

Hux recognizes Rose's medallion and trashes her homeworld. Rose takes a bite out of Hux's finger.

Rey feels a magnetic field or something from the Guard armor, indicating the guards themselves feel pain due to it.

Rey's eyes are filled with joy after the carnage.

Kylo in response to Ben: 'That's my old name'.

The Raddus turns around (to jump), Hux keeps focus on transports. They realise that it isn't jumping away but towards them. They all realize it at the same time (Hux improving).

Kylo thinks that Rey leaving Kylo alive will be her demise.

Rey's error was that she though Kylo's turn would be simple. He only rebelled against Snoke, but the future holds a range of possibilities.

Leia recalls her prior visit to Crait. The blast door was installed to protect against crystal storms. It was a possible base after Yavin, but there were complications.

Rose comes in handy for the inventory and repairs.

Kylo brought Hux so he can't betray him.

Leia knows Luke is not there for real when they touch.

Hux only knows the fake story about the Jedi and the coup from ROTS. The FO's child soldiers are the legacy of the Jedi and clone training regimes.

Rey uses the backdoor she spotted earlier because the FO is shooting at Luke at the frontdoor.

Jason Fry delves into the mind of C-3PO.

Luke also sees pain and fear in Kylo besides anger.

Power feeds to the falcon dish have been misaligned for at least 3 decades.

The Falcon has 3 computer brains with different personality.

Luke thinks he hears the words 'Let go Luke' just before he vanishes on Ahch-To

Rey has no compassion for Kylo anymore and severed the connection between them.

Leia shoos porgs away on the Falcon.

You thought you were done crying? Leia tells Chewie about Luke and they hug and talk quite a bit. The Falcon scene is half altered to shift focus to other characters. Not much Reypoe? here.

Bonus caretakers segment. Autumn changes to winter and the caretakers reminisce about earlier outsiders, kind and mad ones and long times without visits. Rey will be recalled as Luke's destructive and rude niece. The caretakers store Luke's weapon and star compass."

He also added the last force bond is Kylos POV "It's Kylo's. Kylo looks in her eyes and sees no fear, nor hatred, but no compassion either."

----------------------
On the brightside this is probably his lowest point and they've built up too much of his character to just be a standard villain in 9, he'll be miserable about Rey leaving him and hopefully get his s*** together

Last edited by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:17 am

Oh of course it's Kylo's POV.

Like always.
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:18 am

The reddit user made up his mind about Rey severing the connection to Kylo and being done with him before he even got to that part in the novelization. I'm going to wait for a Reylo to read that part lol.
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:20 am

He also added the last force bond is Kylos POV "It's Kylo's. Kylo looks in her eyes and sees no fear, nor hatred, but no compassion either."

Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:23 am

Also i love how most of us here were right when we said Rey thinking he'll turn the moment Snoke is out of his head is not as simple as she thought. It's going to take time but im certain it will happen in 9!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:23 am

Ok, I have to say that I love that the last Force Bond is from Kylo's POV and that he believes that Rey's feelings for him are gone.

This is GREAT because it shows that he's 100% aware that he acted like a jerk. And of course, I love angst.

And while I appreciate this guy for leaking these, it's clear that he is not interested in certain elements of the story (see: Baby Ben Solo and his drama) and I doubt the book says "REY SEVERED THE CONNECTION PERMANENTLY".
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:27 am

Boy I'm having a tough time with this last segment.

I'm assuming this is after the PG fight and he's entered the mother of all meltdowns

Rey's error was that she though Kylo's turn would be simple. He only rebelled against Snoke, but the future holds a range of possibilities.
- interesting about the 'possibilities' aspect: I'd like to see the context of this from a Reylo perspective.
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:29 am

@Riri wrote:

Rey has no compassion for Kylo anymore and severed the connection between them.

@Riri

Hm, I don't know about this. It makes my compassion for Rey falter.

I hope her character will evolve - she needs to self reflect...badly. Because at the moment she isn't very sympathetic to me.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:30 am

Well, let's be real. The RATIONAL thing for Rey to do after the whole "Join me, please, I want to rule the Galaxy with you" would be, well, KILLING him. The audience knows this and Kylo knows this as well.

She left him alive because SHE LIKES HIM (but she's pissed at him right now).
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

Ok I don’t get the rey has no
Compassion anymore for kylo bit ? Surely that’s not right - she’s meant to become a Jedi no? The Jedi way is full of compassion. Your dark side is showing Rey! Will wait to read this book myself before I make a judgement but I will be surprised if it explicitly states rey had no compassion for kylo anymore . Angry yes and she has every reason to be angry. To be honest the more am reading about this book the more I love kylo/Ben( which I did anyway ) and I don’t know what to make of rey as a character now especially if this is true especially knowing how much pain Ben has gone through in his life( and you have no compassion?). Am biased I know because I love kylo but I started to get disturbed when I read in the leaks that rey accesses kylo’s powers and takes them ( just reminded me of sylar from heroes series absorbing powers and it seemed a bit sinister )Cos it sounds to me in this relationship kylo is definitely the giver and rey the taker ( I know he’s going into her memories but it doesn’t sound as bad). I think am going to be a right ol’ state when I read this book Cos I care so much about kylo/Ben Sad Someone reassure me about Rey - why am I not feeling the love for her after all these leaks ? Does she not feel the same about Ben ? I understand that Ben needs to save himself and redeem himself but to have no compassion is like Rey doesn’t care about him anymore . Sad
AhsokaTano
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

He added this in regards to proposal:

"I checked for you, and I think it skips over that, it goes from words mentioning Rey holding back tears and emotions as not to be swept away. Some film dialogue. Then later just Rey reaching for the saber with the Force."

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:33 am

@Riri wrote:He added this in regards to proposal:

"I checked for you, and I think it skips over that, it goes from words mentioning Rey holding back tears and emotions as not to be swept away. Some film dialogue. Then later just Rey reaching for the saber with the Force."
@Riri

Hooo boy. The girl was head over heels with him. She was holding back tears and emotions Sad
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:37 am

Our Twitter Reylo is back!

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:37 am

Yeah I'm gonna take what this guy says with a pinch of salt. Meanwhile, the Reylo from twitter:

CANON
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:38 am

I know the "no compassion anymore" sounds harsh, but remember it's from Kylo's POV. Dude is pretty self-conscious, has an inferiority complex, broke Rey's heart and swore to destroy her in front of his army, threw the temper tantrum of the century and tried to kill his girlfriend's friends. Of course he knows she's not going to be particularly warm to him after all of this crap lol.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:39 am

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Riri wrote:He added this in regards to proposal:

@Riri

Hooo boy. The girl was head over heels with him. She was holding back tears and emotions Sad
@Piper Maru

Only to have no compassion for him a short time later??? Strange really strange. Confus

I have to read it myself before I judge... that reddit person seems very- detached about what he's reading.

Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:39 am

@AhsokaTano

Remember its from his POV and its appears to be his last scene in the book - what a way to end it! I think its because our boy f**** up real bad and she put her life at risk to try and save him and he still refused. Theres only so much a person can do (from her pov). Its now up to him. Remember our byronic heroes Mr Darcy and Rochester also had a similar scene where their love interests left them and then they got their s*** together, its a typical literacy trope.

I love the angst and drama, its so heartbreaking which is why im positive there'll be a happy ending for our boy and this will go down as one of the best romances ever!

Last edited by Riri on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:42 am

Like, I'm so glad that Kylo seems to be self-conscious and he KNOWS that he screwed up. Like, this is essential for his character. Super Evil Villains don't have this. They literally don't care about their actions and they definitely don't feel fear in fights. They also don't get puppy eyes because their girlfriends told them to sleep on the couch.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 43 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum