The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:46 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:How about the Little Golden Book? Smile I preordered this as well. Coolest cover art yet.

@Cowgirlsamurai

Omg I love this, it's so cute. I love Little Golden Books so much.

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:47 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:I really love that cover Smile I prefer this, that the official poster
@Teo oswald

ME TOO.
@SheLitAFire

Me three. Smile If that’s the novel cover art, I think I’m going to order a hard copy instead of just a Kindle version as I initially intended to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 5:56 pm

@Kessel wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:I really love that cover Smile I prefer this, that the official poster
@Teo oswald

ME TOO.
@SheLitAFire

Me three. Smile If that’s the novel cover art, I think I’m going to order a hard copy instead of just a Kindle version as I initially intended to do.
@Kessel

I could have sworn I’d already pre-ordered the hard back edition but Amazon has no record of it so it’s in my basket along with Little Golden Book version - for my daughter of course
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 7:55 pm

I just noticed the gold binding with SW characters too. H-beating I love you
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:02 pm

Anybody read the comics? I just bought the Rey ones for Forces of Destiny and Star Wars Adventures. They're definitely geared towards children, though the art is better than the official Marvel novelization for The Force Awakens (will Jazz Hands Kylo re-appear in the comic for The Last Jedi)? Also just like how FoD goes out of its way to show that Rey's compassion and kindness, it also shows how she had a code where she'll come to the aid of people who haven't been nice when it's for the greater good or a larger principle involved.

While Rey was thirsty af for Ben after seeing him shirtless and holding hands with him, she probably also thought that she was going to free him from Snoke while also saving her friends. No wonder she's so disappointed/heartbroken during their breakup scene and when she shuts the door on him.

No picture, but the Chewie and the Porgs book is a very cute Star Wars meets Dr. Seuss picturebook.  Chewie learns to make friends, not eat them, and spoiler alert, becomes a pescatarian. There's a very cute picture at the end of him and Rey in the cockpit of the MF with their new Porg pals, which makes you wonder if they put that in there in part to avoid any actual spoilers about how the Porgs leave Ache-to with Chewie to help Rey out on her date night at the Supremacy.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:32 pm

@snufkin

We I love you Chewie and the Porgs! The illustrations are downright adorable. I love how you can see Luke and Rey off in the background on one page.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:19 am

The first spoilerific reviews found their way to reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7zx3br/tlj_novel_tidbits_part_1/?st=je1jehu2&sh=db8f589b

It looks good. Beware of spoilers!

Spoilers!!!!:
It's a great novel so far. I really love the portrayal of Ackbar, BB-8, Rose, Rey, Finn, Poe and Hux. Reading their thoughts really adds to the story. Especially with Hux and the old Imperials you can see how personality affects (or interferes with) military tactics. The novel starts with a dream sequence of an alternate timeline Luke. A Luke that dragged the droids out of the farm to give them to the Empire and lives in happy? boredom with Camie. So no wife, but this means he is not dreaming about any other wifes(?).

Tidbits of the novel, more to come:

Hux would rather get rid of any old Imperial (here Edrison Peavey) straight away, they had their use in the past, but the FO has grown past them, according to Hux. Starfighters are at the ready, but only held back so Hux can show off his big gun.

Han made a Leia figure out of wood the night before the Battle of Endor. It is burned or used during a brief memorial for Han during the evacuation.

Hux ponders about the possibility of a dozen or a hundred Star Killer Bases after his victory.

Hux heard of Poe. Poe is known for destroying SKB.
Ackbar uses a 'holotank' (strategic battle holograms) instead of a viewport, because he is OLD and has trouble seeing and processing things.

Finn's bactasuit is outdated compared to the FO's suits, which is funny since people were saying how we see new inventions this far in the timeline with specific mention of the suit.

While Rey is with Luke Chewie is fixing ill-advised modifications by Unkar Plutt etc.

R2 gave up after one step.

Meta: Rey ponders if she interrupted a ritual.

Hux suspects there could be cameras in the elevator.

Kylo used the Force to protect himself from Chewie's bowcaster otherwise lethal bolt.

Rey is not worried about Luke: She's good at two things. Salvaging broken things and waiting.

After TFA (and TLJ) 3PO has to reactive his droid spy network.

Conscious Leia reaches out to the fleet and tries to reach Luke. She also feels people on worlds they pass by in hyperspace. She feels Poe's pride from the earlier fight.

Luke abandoned Leia when Kylo turned. Leia was not happy about it.

Poe sewed the jacket, Rose later thinks he did a bad job.

Toddler Kylo often played with the dice or showed it around in adoration of his father. Kylo would break stuff around the house with the Force while growing up. Leia and Han would worry behind closed doors, which Kylo did not like.

Kylo does not fire on Leia, because he feels she is not angry at him.

Leia finds her way back to the ship via the Force signature of dying micro-organisms blown into space.

Meta: Rey asks how old the Temple is. Luke tells her to go away. While trailing after Luke Rey asks whether this is the trope where the masters ignores the pupil while actually trying to teach lessons (they have not had their 'special about you' discussion, so Luke does not know she wants to be trained eventually, but then again, Luke is a 'Jedi master'.

Rey asks if Luke used the Force to fish. He says no. (this hurts the later segment where he is revealed to have been protecting himself from the Force's grasp. Although we already read Leia could not reach him, while she could always do it halfway across the galaxy. The Force can only reach Luke when he dreams.

Uneti tree mention.

Ancient Jedi texts, two named The Aionimica and The Rammahgon. No google results.

Meta: Luke asks if Rey is from a Jedi lineage or royalty. The 'special' discussion. Concludes she is an orphan. Hates the thought of numerous Chosen One orphans visiting him.

It were clear goals of Luke to burn the library and die.

Mentioned throughout this whole section I took notes of: Rose devised cloaking technology for starfighter engines (not yet applied onr bombers, but that's what she's up to after Paige's death). She had to trade in her beloved starfighter pilot suit for ground personnel uniform. She got the old Rebel ring from the now superfluous veteran bomber squad commander. Rose can't imagine life alone.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:24 am

When I read about reason Kylo did not fire on Leia - my heart broke a little.
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:27 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:The first spoilerific reviews found their way to reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7zx3br/tlj_novel_tidbits_part_1/?st=je1jehu2&sh=db8f589b

It looks good. Beware of spoilers!

Spoilers!!!!:
It's a great novel so far. I really love the portrayal of Ackbar, BB-8, Rose, Rey, Finn, Poe and Hux. Reading their thoughts really adds to the story. Especially with Hux and the old Imperials you can see how personality affects (or interferes with) military tactics. The novel starts with a dream sequence of an alternate timeline Luke. A Luke that dragged the droids out of the farm to give them to the Empire and lives in happy? boredom with Camie. So no wife, but this means he is not dreaming about any other wifes(?).

Tidbits of the novel, more to come:

Hux would rather get rid of any old Imperial (here Edrison Peavey) straight away, they had their use in the past, but the FO has grown past them, according to Hux. Starfighters are at the ready, but only held back so Hux can show off his big gun.

Han made a Leia figure out of wood the night before the Battle of Endor. It is burned or used during a brief memorial for Han during the evacuation.

Hux ponders about the possibility of a dozen or a hundred Star Killer Bases after his victory.

Hux heard of Poe. Poe is known for destroying SKB.
Ackbar uses a 'holotank' (strategic battle holograms) instead of a viewport, because he is OLD and has trouble seeing and processing things.

Finn's bactasuit is outdated compared to the FO's suits, which is funny since people were saying how we see new inventions this far in the timeline with specific mention of the suit.

While Rey is with Luke Chewie is fixing ill-advised modifications by Unkar Plutt etc.

R2 gave up after one step.

Meta: Rey ponders if she interrupted a ritual.

Hux suspects there could be cameras in the elevator.

Kylo used the Force to protect himself from Chewie's bowcaster otherwise lethal bolt.

Rey is not worried about Luke: She's good at two things. Salvaging broken things and waiting.

After TFA (and TLJ) 3PO has to reactive his droid spy network.

Conscious Leia reaches out to the fleet and tries to reach Luke. She also feels people on worlds they pass by in hyperspace. She feels Poe's pride from the earlier fight.

Luke abandoned Leia when Kylo turned. Leia was not happy about it.

Poe sewed the jacket, Rose later thinks he did a bad job.

Toddler Kylo often played with the dice or showed it around in adoration of his father. Kylo would break stuff around the house with the Force while growing up. Leia and Han would worry behind closed doors, which Kylo did not like.

Kylo does not fire on Leia, because he feels she is not angry at him.

Leia finds her way back to the ship via the Force signature of dying micro-organisms blown into space.

Meta: Rey asks how old the Temple is. Luke tells her to go away. While trailing after Luke Rey asks whether this is the trope where the masters ignores the pupil while actually trying to teach lessons (they have not had their 'special about you' discussion, so Luke does not know she wants to be trained eventually, but then again, Luke is a 'Jedi master'.

Rey asks if Luke used the Force to fish. He says no. (this hurts the later segment where he is revealed to have been protecting himself from the Force's grasp. Although we already read Leia could not reach him, while she could always do it halfway across the galaxy. The Force can only reach Luke when he dreams.

Uneti tree mention.

Ancient Jedi texts, two named The Aionimica and The Rammahgon. No google results.

Meta: Luke asks if Rey is from a Jedi lineage or royalty. The 'special' discussion. Concludes she is an orphan. Hates the thought of numerous Chosen One orphans visiting him.

It were clear goals of Luke to burn the library and die.

Mentioned throughout this whole section I took notes of: Rose devised cloaking technology for starfighter engines (not yet applied onr bombers, but that's what she's up to after Paige's death). She had to trade in her beloved starfighter pilot suit for ground personnel uniform. She got the old Rebel ring from the now superfluous veteran bomber squad commander. Rose can't imagine life alone.
@Darth_Awakened

wow....there's that one part that's pulling at my heartstrings Sad Sad
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:29 am

@special_cases wrote:When I read about reason Kylo did not fire on Leia - my heart broke a little.
@special_cases

Spoiler:
Toddler Ben and the golden dice did it to me.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:30 am

yeah, that's just Sad
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:40 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@special_cases wrote:When I read about reason Kylo did not fire on Leia - my heart broke a little.
@special_cases

Spoiler:
@Darth_Awakened

Spoiler:
yeah, it adds so much more to the last scene where Kylo picks it up and it vanishes from his hands...aaawww  Cry
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:42 am

Save Ben Solo!

Spoiler:
So Chewie was indeed going to straight up kill Ben. I know some in the fandom thought Chewie hit Ben's side because he didn't want to kill him, but I guess the novelization proves that's not the case. Which makes it interesting that he's now helping Rey get on the Supremacy to rescue Ben. Hope we can get more info about that.

Baby Ben tugs at my heartstrings :'( He never hated his father. Someone save him!

Last edited by rawpowah on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:43 am

Omg im shocked at the Luke alternative opening!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:43 am

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@special_cases

Spoiler:
@Darth_Awakened

Spoiler:
yeah, it adds so much more to the last scene where Kylo picks it up and it vanishes from his hands...aaawww  Cry
@Night Huntress

Ugh I wish this somehow made it into the movie or at least something like this happens in epi 9.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:47 am

Me reading the Kylo spoilers

Kylo Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 10:57 am

Spoiler:

On Leia/Ben (from the reddit user who is reading the novelization):

"She knows it's him who blew up the hangar. He's another person to her now as we see in the film, but she is not angry. Kylo feeling her is more of a thing than the other way around."

Ben's family failed him. All of them.

Save Ben Solo!
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:02 am

Sorry im on my phone and i cant see the spoiler tag via phone but i dont think this is a spoiler - i laughed at the Hux elevator comment. Why would they add that in unless Hux finds a holo of the Rey/Bens elevator scene in ep9 realising Bens true feelings for Rey.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:04 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:Me reading the Kylo spoilers

@Kylo Rey

Same. I'm going to be a mess when I read the actual book.
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:10 am

@Riri wrote:Sorry im on my phone and i cant see the spoiler tag via phone but i dont think this is a spoiler - i laughed at the Hux elevator comment. Why would they add that in unless Hux finds a holo of the Rey/Bens elevator scene in ep9 realising Bens true feelings for Rey.
@Riri

Yeah! I laughed too!
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:12 am

This book is going to make me ugly sob Sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:14 am

@special_cases wrote:
@Riri wrote:Sorry im on my phone and i cant see the spoiler tag via phone but i dont think this is a spoiler - i laughed at the Hux elevator comment. Why would they add that in unless Hux finds a holo of the Rey/Bens elevator scene in ep9 realising Bens true feelings for Rey.
@Riri

Yeah! I laughed too!
@special_cases

Imagine Hux just hysterically cackling about that- the ever voltatile supremer leader kylo ren is ...in love with a silly little scavenger girl?
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:15 am

@Riri

Hux doesn't believe Kylo's lies about what happened in the throne room and 100% he's going to do some research in IX. Can't wait lol.
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:50 am

Hux will put that video from elevator on Holonet.

"Just look at our new SUPREME LEADER making heart eyes at the LAST JEDI. "You will stand with me." Pathetic! It's a TREASON."
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:51 am

@Riri wrote:Sorry im on my phone and i cant see the spoiler tag via phone but i dont think this is a spoiler -  i laughed at the Hux elevator comment. Why would they add that in unless Hux finds a holo of the Rey/Bens elevator scene in ep9 realising Bens true feelings for Rey.
@Riri

The Hux elevator thing is interesting. Foreshadowing imo. He sounds like even more of a maniac in the novel with his
Spoiler:
desire to build a hundred Starkiller Bases.
The poster was asked about why Kylo didn't like
Spoiler:
Han & Leia worrying about him behind closed doors and they said it was probably because it made him feel like a burden or freak as they talked about him instead of to him.
Kylo Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum