The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 12:02 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:This book is going to make me ugly sob Sad
@Cowgirlsamurai

Seriously I'm having a moment right now as I picture chubby little hands fumbling with the dice - glad I've been warned.
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 729
Likes : 4261
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by rey09 on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 12:03 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@Riri wrote:Sorry im on my phone and i cant see the spoiler tag via phone but i dont think this is a spoiler -  i laughed at the Hux elevator comment. Why would they add that in unless Hux finds a holo of the Rey/Bens elevator scene in ep9 realising Bens true feelings for Rey.
@Riri

The Hux elevator thing is interesting. Foreshadowing imo. He sounds like even more of a maniac in the novel with his
Spoiler:
desire to build a hundred Starkiller Bases.
The poster was asked about why Kylo didn't like
Spoiler:
Han & Leia worrying about him behind closed doors and they said it was probably because it made him feel like a burden or freak as they talked about him instead of to him.
@Kylo Rey

Wow gives a heightened meaning to Rey's monster comment.
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1279
Likes : 6183
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by ZioRen on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 12:05 pm

According to that guy the novel also says that
Spoiler:
Snoke sees Kylo's tears in their first scene. I don't remember tears in the movie scene, though. Also, Hux and the Starkiller bases makes me think of the theory myself and others have that he's going to ask to build more Starkiller-like weapons in IX and Kylo is going to show his humanity by strongly denying the request.

Also, seems like we were spot on about another aspect of Kylo's childhood!
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2582
Likes : 17505
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 12:06 pm

Hux & the elevator and hundreds of SKB just gave me a good laugh.

Who said nobody needs another Death Star? Hux does!

EDIT: Second part is in:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7zz0ta/tlj_novel_tidbits_part_2/?st=je1s6hou&sh=03de0c85

Spoiler:
First off, things I forgot in part 1.

After the Galactic Civil War (OT trilogy) some new states formed. The FO shut some down as well as 'hermetic kingdoms in the Unknown Regions'. Ofcourse we knew they conquered many planets there.

Hux wants to command the Supremacy. He does (obviously) and brings his captain from the Finalizer too. The destruction of Hosnian Prime shows the Supremacy is a good idea (until it is destroyed).

Snoke needs Hux for tech side of things.

The systems from the New Republic are protecting themselves.

Rey's beacon is the light and symbol that pushes Leia to survive in space. The 'light in the darkness' theme comes from Breha Organa.

Kylo would have frozen the missile coming at Leia if he was not surprised in the moment.

Now part 2:

Luke and R2 have had decades filled with missions.
Maz has been wounded 67 times, 20ish almost lethal. (she still climbs tables).

Maz's "Oh, yes he can [do everything]" is not implicated to be sexually in the book. Maz and he just did many heists. We have dirty minds.

Meta: Rey is Luke's niece. At least that what Luke tells the caretakers.

The Force bond allows Rey to explore Kylo's set of Force skills.

Finn gives Poe the beacon, not easy for Finn. They hope Rey will find them in a good situation. Not sure if implied in the film.

Phasma ponders about doing anything to survive.

Not implied, but does the water in his hands after talking to Rey make him think of his earlier tears?

Finn and Rose discuss how Rey will return. Rose thinks Jedi with rat tail (braid), Finn thinks she won't be a Jedi, just Rey.

Fathiers are Paige's favo animals.

Luke only took padawans when he took Ben as apprentice. He thought he was ready then.

Luke wonders if he should be afraid of the pupil that wants to destroy him or the one that wants to be him.

At the end of the Caretaker deleted scene at the village Luke and Rey dance. She leaves angry though, because Luke tells her the galaxy needs her and not him.

Poe realizes BB-8 left with Finn and Rose.

Leia may suffer/have suffered from ebullism, hypoxia and solar radiation.

DJ scratches his butt or balls.

Jason Fry thinks kilometers are the way to go.

The Fathier matriarchy.

Rey accesses Kylo's powers, but Kylo finds Rey's memories.

Kylo built his first own saber, if anyone wanted to be sure.

Luke explores the Cosmic Force after having reconnected with the Living Force. Rey is a clear instrument of the will of the cosmic force. He also finds Leia again in the Force. The will of the Cosmic Force was asleep after the end of the Sith and awoke during Luke's exile. Living Force is the energy of life. Cosmic Force is the will of the universe.

Before Reylo handtouching scene. Luke: "Rey, you were right. I'm coming with you." Sad
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4430
Likes : 21878
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by ZioRen on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:04 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Hux & the elevator and hundreds of SKB just gave me a good laugh.

Who said nobody needs another Death Star? Hux does!

EDIT: Second part is in:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7zz0ta/tlj_novel_tidbits_part_2/?st=je1s6hou&sh=03de0c85

Spoiler:
First off, things I forgot in part 1.

After the Galactic Civil War (OT trilogy) some new states formed. The FO shut some down as well as 'hermetic kingdoms in the Unknown Regions'. Ofcourse we knew they conquered many planets there.

Hux wants to command the Supremacy. He does (obviously) and brings his captain from the Finalizer too. The destruction of Hosnian Prime shows the Supremacy is a good idea (until it is destroyed).

Snoke needs Hux for tech side of things.

The systems from the New Republic are protecting themselves.

Rey's beacon is the light and symbol that pushes Leia to survive in space. The 'light in the darkness' theme comes from Breha Organa.

Kylo would have frozen the missile coming at Leia if he was not surprised in the moment.

Now part 2:

Luke and R2 have had decades filled with missions.
Maz has been wounded 67 times, 20ish almost lethal. (she still climbs tables).

Maz's "Oh, yes he can [do everything]" is not implicated to be sexually in the book. Maz and he just did many heists. We have dirty minds.

Meta: Rey is Luke's niece. At least that what Luke tells the caretakers.

The Force bond allows Rey to explore Kylo's set of Force skills.

Finn gives Poe the beacon, not easy for Finn. They hope Rey will find them in a good situation. Not sure if implied in the film.

Phasma ponders about doing anything to survive.

Not implied, but does the water in his hands after talking to Rey make him think of his earlier tears?

Finn and Rose discuss how Rey will return. Rose thinks Jedi with rat tail (braid), Finn thinks she won't be a Jedi, just Rey.

Fathiers are Paige's favo animals.

Luke only took padawans when he took Ben as apprentice. He thought he was ready then.

Luke wonders if he should be afraid of the pupil that wants to destroy him or the one that wants to be him.

At the end of the Caretaker deleted scene at the village Luke and Rey dance. She leaves angry though, because Luke tells her the galaxy needs her and not him.

Poe realizes BB-8 left with Finn and Rose.

Leia may suffer/have suffered from ebullism, hypoxia and solar radiation.

DJ scratches his butt or balls.

Jason Fry thinks kilometers are the way to go.

The Fathier matriarchy.

Rey accesses Kylo's powers, but Kylo finds Rey's memories.

Kylo built his first own saber, if anyone wanted to be sure.

Luke explores the Cosmic Force after having reconnected with the Living Force. Rey is a clear instrument of the will of the cosmic force. He also finds Leia again in the Force. The will of the Cosmic Force was asleep after the end of the Sith and awoke during Luke's exile. Living Force is the energy of life. Cosmic Force is the will of the universe.

Before Reylo handtouching scene. Luke: "Rey, you were right. I'm coming with you." Sad
@Darth_Awakened

Spoiler:
Kylo would have frozen the missile coming at Leia if he was not surprised in the moment.

I didn't need that heart anyways.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2582
Likes : 17505
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:06 pm

Oh my god!!! My heart...

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1053
Likes : 4646
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

"Jason Fry thinks kilometers are the way to go."

I don't know why, but I find this really funny. Not even worth a spoiler tag.Laughing
avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 816
Likes : 8573
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:17 pm

He's saying all the Reylo scenes are from Reys POV and basically the same as the film. He's just gotten to the 4th force bond so we'll probs get that/elevator/throne room tomorrow.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 528
Likes : 3729
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:20 pm

I have a vague impression that the OP is more a fanboy than somebody who would really pay attention to Reylo scenes the way we do.

I
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4430
Likes : 21878
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by ZioRen on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

@Riri wrote:He's saying all the Reylo scenes are from Reys POV and basically the same as the film. He's just gotten to the 4th force bond so we'll probs get that/elevator/throne room tomorrow.
@Riri

I think he just doesn't care to look too hard into it. I'd bet a Reylo reading it will get a lot out of it.

Edit: He just admitted as much.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2582
Likes : 17505
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:25 pm

Yep he just admitted hes not the right person to anlyse Reylo scenes and Reylo shippers should do that.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 528
Likes : 3729
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Kessel on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:25 pm

If the scenes are from Rey’s POV, that’s good IMO because I feel like her POV is more of a mystery in general. I’m not expecting grand revelations form the novel, but I agree that someone who is more attuned/interested in Reylo will probably interpret more in the Rey and Kylo scenes than a fanboy or someone who isn’t as interested in that dynamic.

_________________
"The relationship between Kylo and Rey is awesome."
avatar
Kessel
Moderator

Messages : 1802
Likes : 12953
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:31 pm

Hes saying Rey accesses Kylos powers and he accesses her memories but we kind of already know that.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 528
Likes : 3729
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by teltaru on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:34 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:I have a vague impression that the OP is more a fanboy than somebody who would really pay attention to Reylo scenes the way we do.

I
@Darth_Awakened

He seems to have a strong fascination with Hux in particular. Laughing I'm expecting more sources to pop up in the upcoming days, until then, it's better than nothing. The Kylo tidbits all sound great.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 151
Likes : 870
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by rawpowah on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:40 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Riri wrote:He's saying all the Reylo scenes are from Reys POV and basically the same as the film. He's just gotten to the 4th force bond so we'll probs get that/elevator/throne room tomorrow.
@Riri

I think he just doesn't care to look too hard into it. I'd bet a Reylo reading it will get a lot out of it.

Edit: He just admitted as much.
@ZioRen

He says he thinks Rey severed the force bond, and he's really fixated on the force bond as a device to power up Rey's jedi skills. So yeah you're right.
avatar
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 718
Likes : 3737
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:41 pm

@teltaru wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:I have a vague impression that the OP is more a fanboy than somebody who would really pay attention to Reylo scenes the way we do.

I
@Darth_Awakened

He seems to have a strong fascination with Hux in particular. Laughing I'm expecting more sources to pop up in the upcoming days, until then, it's better than nothing. The Kylo tidbits all sound great.
@teltaru

I've noticed the fascination with Hux. Laughing
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4430
Likes : 21878
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:48 pm

@ZioRen wrote:

Spoiler:

Kylo would have frozen the missile coming at Leia if he was not surprised in the moment.


I didn't need that heart anyways.
@ZioRen

yeah- me neither... and to think some people really thought he would fire in that scene when the trailer came out.  Rolling Eyes


Last edited by Night Huntress on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1517
Likes : 7200
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by ZioRen on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:52 pm

Okay a question: Do we really have to spoiler tag this? Isn't this all in the movie? It's just expanded movie.

I think I'm just going to ignore most of what this person is saying because it's confusing and vague how he describes things. Best wait until one of us gets hold of the novel.


Last edited by ZioRen on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2582
Likes : 17505
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Okay a question: Do we really have to spoiler tag this? Isn't this all in the movie? It's just expanded movie.
@ZioRen

oops- I just saw I accidentally messed up that spoiler tag Embarassed

I'll fix it. But for me it's not necessary anyway. But don't want to offend anyone if they want to wait till reading everything themselves
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1517
Likes : 7200
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by ZioRen on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 2:58 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Okay a question: Do we really have to spoiler tag this? Isn't this all in the movie? It's just expanded movie.
@ZioRen

Ups- I just saw I accidentally messed up that spoiler tag Embarassed

I'll fix it. But for me it's not necessary anyway. But don't want to offend anyone if they want to wait till reading everything themselves
@Night Huntress

Your spoiler tag flub is what made me question why we even need the spoiler tags and if it matters if you flubbed haha!

More clarification from leaker:

- He isn't basing thinking that Rey severed the bond from the book, but just how he saw the end of the movie
- He says there's no new information about the vision Rey and Kylo have of the future. I guess it's still vague. Not surprising.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2582
Likes : 17505
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:05 pm

It seems like from his post -Ben definitely saw her past and Rey saw his future?

Also the cosmic force vs living force thing is really interesting, maybe Rey was born from the force like Ani? Also the cosmic force being asleep after the Sith died and awakening after Ben turned is interesting, need to get my head around it!

The Luke and Rey dance couldve been sweet Smile

EDIT: Wait he just mentioned Kylo said Reys parents abandoned her during shirtless scene, could be a possibility he saw these memories in force bond 1 and 2


Last edited by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 528
Likes : 3729
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by SheLitAFire on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:17 pm

NEW. FAVORITE. THREAD.
avatar
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1882
Likes : 7109
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Riri on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:21 pm

Does anyone else think the Luke alternate reality sequence kills ReySky for good? He's thinking about what life could have been if he had not followed the Jedi code of celibacy and no attachments etc

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 528
Likes : 3729
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:22 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:NEW. FAVORITE. THREAD.
@SheLitAFire

that's nothing - wait till March 6th Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1517
Likes : 7200
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 35
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by MrsWindu on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

Forgive me I might have missed this first point and it’s been mentioned - with regards to novelisation

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2018/02/24/last-jedi-novelization-leaks/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Spoiler:
Han Solo carved a Leia figurine out of Endor wood the night before the Battle of Endor. It is burned during a brief memorial service for Solo before the evacuation of D’Qar.victory.
avatar
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 729
Likes : 4261
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-03
Localisation : U.K.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum