The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:32 am

@Riri wrote:Mostly about Luke and nothing much on Reylo but he mentions how he spoke to Rian about the emotional relationships and arcs in the novel!
@Riri

He did say this a few days ago

Might not have been given the clear to talk about specific things.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 10:52 am

@Kylo Rey

True! Well im happy he liked my tweet tehe

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:02 am

@Riri wrote:Mostly about Luke and nothing much on Reylo but he mentions how he spoke to Rian about the emotional relationships and arcs in the novel!
@Riri

Well Fry did say that the scene with Rey's thoughts in the aftermath of her fight with Kylo, the "flowery Force nonsense," as I've called it before, was his own idea and what he wanted in there, not a scene he pulled from Rian or any script. I'm kind of relieved.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:54 am

I have mixed thoughts/feelings about this scene. I hope we will get the script and maybe then I'll make my mind about it. I want to know what was in the script.
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 11:59 am

Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:14 pm

@ZioRen wrote:
@Riri

Well Fry did say that the scene with Rey's thoughts in the aftermath of her fight with Kylo, the "flowery Force nonsense," as I've called it before, was his own idea and what he wanted in there, not a scene he pulled from Rian or any script. I'm kind of relieved.
@ZioRen

I should probably refrain from commenting on things I haven't actually read, but from the excerpt posted here, I rather like the ambivalence that's happening in that scene. I think there's a certain essential level of denial that Rey's character possesses that I think matches with that part. As Kylo says to her earlier, she tries to find the things that she's missing in the people around her (he was specifically talking about father figures, but it applies to other things). I think this is what's going on with her telling herself that she's all one with the Force now and is going to do what the Force wills. She really wants to believe that being a Jedi is what will make her feel complete, make her life make sense, make her less lonely, etc. But that's not the truth; she's skirting around the truth that she can't admit to herself yet. She'll wait for Kylo/Ben not because the Force wills it, but because she connects to him and really wants to wait for him. Granted, I'm not sure how much Fry meant to actually write it as latently romantic, but I think that's the effect regardless. It's that way with a lot of their scenes, both in the books and movies. Everything that's happening can be interpreted as *not* romantic (if you squint, lol), but then they throw in a "please" or "just you" or long stare, or the most intimate hand-holding scene every put on film (btw, I love how in the book she's all "And there's Kylo who will understand my loneliness, nevermind that he's close enough for me to touch his hair, his face, etc."), and it's like "... oh. OH." Lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:50 pm

So Jason Fry has an editorial up on the official SW website about how the novelisation connects to the other SW books and comics and here's what he says about Kylo:

Kylo Ren — or, if you prefer, Ben Solo — demanded a balancing act in the novelization. We of course wanted to know more about his past and his thoughts about the future…but at the same time, I had to be careful not to do anything that might step on Episode IX’s storytelling. Still, I was able to give us glimpses of his childhood, including Leia’s memory of Ben in the womb — a scene that reaches back to Chuck Wendig’s Aftermath trilogy

I wonder if he was told that by the Story Group? Especially as they pretty much told Claudia Gray to take out a ton of Ben Solo stuff from Bloodline. Interesting...
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:05 pm

Another tidbit, in the audiobook the Han/Leia theme also plays when Rey is about to leave Luke to meet Ben, when she's like "Then HE is our last hope" Smile

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm

Who puts together these audiobooks and how much information are they given about the endgame? These reylo song choices are not subtle Laughing
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:12 pm

Im listening to the audio book and Across the Stars plays when Rose kisses Finn, haha so it IS a theme that is played in audiobooks to convey love.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:13 pm

@rawpowah wrote:Who puts together these audiobooks and how much information are they given about the endgame? These reylo song choices are not subtle Laughing
@rawpowah

I know! I would love to know this! Who really puts together the audiobooks! Is there any way to know? Maybe ask Pablo?
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:14 pm

@Riri wrote:Im listening to the audio book and Across the Stars plays when Rose kisses Finn, haha so it IS a theme that is played in audiobooks to convey love.
@Riri
cheers cheerscheers
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:45 pm

Looks like the Resistance know Kylo Ren is related to Luke and Leia.

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

@Riri Good catch. I wonder, though...it could be read as Luke and Leia's family reunion.
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:20 pm

I do not think the resistance knows about the bond between Leia and Kylo....just Rey and...maybe Finn when he was in the starkiller base. it is possible that they will know it from Rey when she accidentally calls kylo "Ben"
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:26 pm

@Riri wrote:Looks like the Resistance know Kylo Ren is related to Luke and Leia.

@Riri

I thought so too- but it could be a mistake, or like @PalmettoBlue wrote- it could be read as the reunion between Luke & Leia...because I don't think they actually know. scratch
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 6:13 pm

I don't remember seeing this quote on here! Now I'm sad.

Luke in the confrontation on Crait “sensed that Kylo Ren was just a shell around the same broken boy he had tried so hard to reach.” (p 297)
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Thu 08 Mar 2018, 6:34 pm

@ZioRen wrote:I don't remember seeing this quote on here! Now I'm sad.

Luke in the confrontation on Crait “sensed that Kylo Ren was just a shell around the same broken boy he had tried so hard to reach.” (p 297)
@ZioRen

special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 2:59 am

@Riri wrote:Im listening to the audio book and Across the Stars plays when Rose kisses Finn, haha so it IS a theme that is played in audiobooks to convey love.
@Riri

interesting that they put across the star also on reylo,
roses that kisses Finn, romantic music is fine
but a music with Reylo during the scene after breaking the lightsaber in two is quite another thing, it's an overwhelming confirmation Smile
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 3:10 am

@Teo oswald

Yeah also im pretty sure FinnRose are endgame, Rose is so obviously smitten with Finn throughout, they bicker like an old married couple, i get Hermione-Ron vibes from them. Also they have a cute "this is how we first met" scene at the end when Finn is dragging Rose!

Lets be honest, Roae was sorta created to be Finns love interest, they're also one of the many rare interracial couples we've seen on screen so doubt they'll risk giving that up.

Last edited by Riri on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 3:32 am

@Riri wrote:Looks like the Resistance know Kylo Ren is related to Luke and Leia.

@Riri

It seems a direct reference to Luke and Kylo.... that quote. That's a pretty interesting find. So they all know... hmm.
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 4:27 am

@Dar-ren19 wrote:

@Riri

It seems a direct reference to Luke and Kylo.... that quote. That's a pretty interesting find. So they all know... hmm.
@Dar-ren19

Yes, but I remember someone asking Pablo on Twitter if Poe knows Kylo Ren is Ben Solo and if it's common knowledge in the Resistance - and he didn't give a straight answer and I don't remember Poe saying that in the movie...so I'm not sure how intentional that was. Nope
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 9:07 am

“His gaze was hungry and knowing.”
my eyes still work, I knew what that look meant mhmh Cool Cool

Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:08 am

Hey, just curious: do we get any thoughts from Rey's point of view after her immediate post-throne room musings (where she says that "she would wait")? I assume that after that happens the battle at Crait occurs, and then there's the Kylo/Luke showdown, and then Kylo sees her on the Falcon and notes that there's no compassion in her eyes. And she shuts the door/severs the bond (is that from his point of view?) Just curious if the ending on the Millennium Falcon gives us any sense of her thoughts, or if it's from someone else's PoV at that point.

(I'm just talking about the adult novelization, not the teen one).

Last edited by nickandnora on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:09 am

Don't know if anyone already brought that up- but Rey couldn't read what's in the old Jedi books

Rey was so entranced by the books that she barely noticed that Luke had finally acknowledged her.
“I know this place,” she said. “This is a library.” Luke stepped in front of her and took one of the books off its shelf.
She couldn’t read the ancient runes inside, but she could feel their power.

Could be interesting for IX - who could she possibly turn to for help reading them I wonder Razz
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum