[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 87

Re: How many times have you seen TLJ?

Post by IoJovi on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:47 pm

@Irina de France wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:Viewing #6 is done and complete!!!  cheers

I think by this momentum, I may beat The Phantom Menace, which I saw 8x back in the day.  My ex loved that movie, and we went to see it every chance we got...  Laughing  
@IoJovi

Hand on heart, it gets even more enjoyable after each go. Maybe the trick is they must pump pheromones into the theatre during the forcebond scenes or something. lol!
@Starliteprism

I concur - even the Resistance scenes which I wasn’t a fan of on my first view are now enjoyable. I really love the hell out of this movie. It is the gift that keeps on giving. I tear up now when Luke says to Leia “I can’t save him.” I tear up because I know a certain scavenger who can...
@IoJovi

Jeez, imagine how it'll be once IX is out. I'll be a sobbing mess.
@Irina de France

Same. I cry easily during films anyways, but when these two finally get together? You’ll have to peel me up off the floor. I’ll be a puddle.

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 8:48 pm

@Irina de France wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:Viewing #6 is done and complete!!!  cheers

I think by this momentum, I may beat The Phantom Menace, which I saw 8x back in the day.  My ex loved that movie, and we went to see it every chance we got...  Laughing  
@IoJovi

Hand on heart, it gets even more enjoyable after each go. Maybe the trick is they must pump pheromones into the theatre during the forcebond scenes or something. lol!
@Starliteprism

I concur - even the Resistance scenes which I wasn’t a fan of on my first view are now enjoyable.  I really love the hell out of this movie.  It is the gift that keeps on giving.  I tear up now when Luke says to Leia “I can’t save him.”  I tear up because I know a certain scavenger who can...
@IoJovi

Jeez, imagine how it'll be once IX is out. I'll be a sobbing mess.
@Irina de France

Let's hope for some happy tears/sobs, strategically placed at the end of the movie.  Sad  Embarassed  tongue
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Sat 06 Jan 2018, 11:32 pm

4th viewing in the books.

Such a good movie.
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sun 07 Jan 2018, 5:02 am

@Lamiller1390 wrote:
@Teo oswald wrote:13 times ongoing

when the film came out December 13 at 18:00 I saw it twice with my mother and I was excited and I did not understand anything Very Happy

the fifteenth day I was alone and I saw it twice and I collected information What a Face
  the nineteenth day I was with my friends and I saw twice in 3d, not bad 3d but I prefer the 2d and then the price is a little high

the twenty-first day I saw it in the original language but only once.
Razz
the twenty-fifth day l saw it with my girlfriend Smile in 2D just once Embarassed

the twenty-seventh day I saw him in imax 4 times free because I had tickets as a present
  great experience, I was with my best friend and film critic Cool

thirty-first day with my critical friend and with my girlfriend we talked during the movie Laughing ,

now I'm waiting for the last day of screening so they'll give me the mega poster Laughing
It was the most beautiful Christmas / New Year of my life Very Happy
@Teo oswald

DUDE where do you Live??? In Europe somewhere I assume, cause I know it came out in France on the 13th.

I am not a native French speaker and am still learning so that has really hindered my ability to see it a bunch. I am slightly envious of you... that is awesome... Very Happy
@Lamiller1390

I live in ITALY, NORTH ITALY , Trentino Alto - Adige Smile

Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 07 Jan 2018, 11:15 am

@Teo oswald wrote:13 times ongoing

@Teo oswald

13 times!!?!?!?!? Holy sith!!!

SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamiller1390 on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 7:47 am

@Teo oswald

Sweet, I live in Chambéry a small town about an hour outside of Northern Italy. I am SO jealous that you've seen it so many times. I totally would if I could...
Lamiller1390
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais on Mon 08 Jan 2018, 12:06 pm

I watched for the 5th time at IMAX. Man, IMAX is such amazing experience. I wish everybody could watch it in IMAX at once. I went alone and I enjoyed the movie so much more. I believe I could understand more and I could pay attention to the little things. Now I believe I understand Poe's character better. His arc was really interesting, I believe he learnt a lot in this movie.

My heart still bleeds for Kylo, but now I understand Rey better. I mean, in her head she went to him to save him for Resistance, not because she liked him.

This time I almost cried for Luke. Finally I could saw him as the hero from my childhood. Probably I will watch one more time (with another friend) and that's it.

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@PalmettoBlue wrote:I don’t suppose there’s a way to change your total?
@PalmettoBlue

I just changed it so you can!
TO UPDATE YOUR VOTE/# OF SCREENINGS: Under the poll, click 'cancel vote.' Then you can vote again with your updated #
You may need to refresh the page after you cancel your original vote to be able to vote again. Smile

@SheLitAFire

Yay! Thank you! Voted again. bounce
Atenais
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:30 am

@Lamiller1390 wrote:@Teo oswald

Sweet, I live in Chambéry a small town about an hour outside of Northern Italy. I am SO jealous that you've seen it so many times. I totally would if I could...
@Lamiller1390

I was lucky I admit it, but apart from Imax where I saw it in Milan, I spent money to watch the movie in 2D, 3D. Also I live in a small town where, there is a theater but the movies come after months, I have to go to the city to see them 30 minutes each time with the car. Fortunately, I saved money Smile

if you have the chance, come to Trento next year, Trentino Alto Adige region. Here there are many cinemas, two of them broadcast Star wars, now the last call is January 17 .

Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 11:15 am

This thread inspired me to trek out to a suburban IMAX (2-D) theatre last night. It was my second time and and I enjoyed every moment!  It was so much better than my first viewing, where I was too close to a dim screen.  This time, I sat right in the middle near the back, and I caught so many more visual details.

I think that since I have repeatedly watched online so many pirated versions of the more intense Rey, Kylo & Luke scenes (for research purposes!), I was able to pay more attention to the other storylines.  One thing in particular that I finally appreciated were the Rose & Finn parts, because they weren't so dim on the IMAX screen and I could better follow what was happening. Overall, I was able to turn off my nerves & critical brain and just actively watch and enjoy.  Since I've been listening to the soundtrack so much, I was more attuned to it, and it's part of why I found myself tearing up during both the Paige and Holdo sacrifices.

One thing that struck me is that watching it in such high definition really drove home that Kylo Ren is the a main character. There are so many extreme close-ups of him emoting like crazy that his character really pulls you in. (Also, it's a scientific fact that AD is utterly gorgeous; I reject any debate on this. Laughing )

I am thinking of seeing it again!  Question - do any of you have a "favorite" out of the times you saw it?  It seems to get better upon repeated viewings.
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 11:20 am

@LadyHa Definitely 3rd time because it was IMAX 2-D, the format it was shot in.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamiller1390 on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 3:53 pm

@Teo oswald Hahah I definitely plan on making it to Italy, but not before Star Wars is done in theaters there...

I just want to see Italy to see Italy and all its beauty. There is a theater in another town over that was showing Star Wars in English with French subtitles, but I have to take the train with is about an hour or so one way... plus walk to the theater... and with my very limited amount of free time. I just can't make it out as much as I want.
Lamiller1390
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm

Viewing #4 is in the books!
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 5:36 pm

@LadyHa wrote:Question - do any of you have a "favorite" out of the times you saw it?  It seems to get better upon repeated viewings.
@LadyHa

I like digital, non-Imax myself. Just some good ol' fashioned cinema. I think my favorite times seeing it (out of 5) would be # 2 or 3. Time 2 I went alone and had adjusted (mostly) to my initial shock after the 1st time 3 days before. And both viewings 2 & 3 I sat either in the back row or like 3rd row from the back. That's my seating preference. As far back as I can get.
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 3:05 am

I've seen it 3 times, the first time I came out I was a little conflicted as going into see it, Rey and Finn were my favourite characters, not necessarily as a ship, I just enjoyed their dynamic. But I came out the theatre on my first viewing with Kylo Ren as my new number one favourite, aware of an emotional connection between him and Rey. And completely blown away by the throne PG fight scene, I could watch that over and over, it was like watching a beautiful dance unfold before my eyes.

I needed to see it again, on second viewing, I let the film wash over me, I came out loving it so much. Addiction had started.

So I  went a third time, enjoyed it completely again, except for one moment, where there was a glitch in the showing right at the hand scene. If it was my first viewing, I wouldn't have noticed, but it's where Rey says she's not alone...then we should have the voice of Kylo say " You're not alone" but that didn't happen! It cut straight to his face then back to Rey's where she says "Neither are you".
As you can imagine I was in shock, the Friends who I were with noticed it to( they'd seen it 3 times to) , else I would have thought I was going mad!
That kind of ruined the moment and I was distracted then for the rest of the film.
I complained, but they couldn't cone up with an answer. I also think that as a middle aged woman seeing a star Wars film 3 times they thought I was a bit mad, that I'd  also know the dialogue, but it  was a very important scene, I was looking forward to it. Embarassed   Razz  The next day I was back at the cinema to see Jumanji with my family, and I spoke to the girl I initially complained to, she said the staff spent all the previous day talking about the glitch but not knowing what happened. I should have pushed for another viewing, but my family get embarrassed if I make a scene...lol
So my overall favourite showing was number 2. I'm sure it would have been 3 if not for a glitch!
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyHa on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 11:52 am

@snufkin and @SheLitAFire - ah, differing opinions on IMAX!  I guess I'll just have to see it a few more times in both to compare again! (Although, the theatres in my area are the retrofitted/faux IMAX type, so I don't think the screen I saw it on is the same as the official ones.) I too like sitting near the back so I can see everything without constantly swiveling my head like I am watching a tennis match.

@Let The Past Die wrote:
So I  went a third time, enjoyed it completely again, except for one moment, where there was a glitch in the showing right at the hand scene. If it was my first viewing, I wouldn't have noticed, but it's where Rey says she's not alone...then we should have the voice of Kylo say " You're not alone" but that didn't happen! It cut straight to his face then back to Rey's where she says "Neither are you".
As you can imagine I was in shock, the Friends who I were with noticed it to( they'd seen it 3 times to) , else I would have thought I was going mad!
That kind of ruined the moment and I was distracted then for the rest of the film.
I complained, but they couldn't cone up with an answer. I also think that as a middle aged woman seeing a star Wars film 3 times they thought I was a bit mad, that I'd  also know the dialogue, but it  was a very important scene, I was looking forward to it. Embarassed   Razz  The next day I was back at the cinema to see Jumanji with my family, and I spoke to the girl I initially complained to, she said the staff spent all the previous day talking about the glitch but not knowing what happened. I should have pushed for another viewing, but my family get embarrassed if I make a scene...lol
So my overall favourite showing was number 2. I'm sure it would have been 3 if not for a glitch!
@Let The Past Die

This reminded me that I'm pretty sure that the last showing I was at had a speaker out (which is probably not uncommon) - there was no sound from the huge rear surround speaker to my left behind me. I did still hear that line "You're not alone" because it came from somewhere along the front left (I was waiting for it!), but I suspected I missed other things.  Maybe something like that happened in your showing?
LadyHa
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleWren on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 11:53 am

Sadly only saw it once so far. It is a long way to the nearest big cinema here, and the little ones aren't the best viewing experience out here in the sticks. The sound quality always seems sub par.
KyleWren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:01 pm

@LadyHa The one theater in California that's showing IMAX 70mm is 120 miles from me and I'm tempted. Except that it means sitting through Bay Area/Silicon Valley traffic.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:27 pm

@LadyHa

That's one possible explanation I suppose, better than my private conspiracy theory that antis are trying to sabotage the Reylo connection Laughing Although the sound was perfectly fine for the rest of the film, it wasn't just the sentence missing, it felt like the scene was shorter overall, but perhaps I was being paranoid especially as they couldn't come up with a logical explanation as to why it happened.
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 5:47 pm

Just booked a ticket to watch it in IMAX 2-D. Will be a first for me in this format and viewing Mambo No. 5. Yay!
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:30 pm

Two times! Now I just need a third for Balance. lol Smile
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 4:07 pm

Viewing number 6, in 2D. I am thinking of watching it at least one more time, before its run is over, plus I have a friend and a mum-in-law interested in watching it for a second time at some point.

Without fail, I get such a burst of happiness prior to watching the movie. I honestly and immensely enjoy this film/trilogy.
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 5:48 pm

I too would like to go for #7. I have yet to see it in 3D, as I usually don’t care for 3D, but it’s been a long time. For those of you who have seen it in 3D, how was it?
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

@IoJovi

My first viewing was in 3D. Things really popped (especially the space battles and faithiers) and stuck out more so than the regular 2D screening. Although, I might not be the best one to tell you as I can't see from my left eye. Reylo is still great in 3D! Smile

Last edited by BB-Rey on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 6:09 pm

@IoJovi Viewings 1 & 2 were 3-D because those showtimes worked best with my schedule. It worked best for me for viewing #3, in IMAX 2-D, the format it was filmed in. I'd really like to see the 70mm print, but the drive through Bay Area/Silicon Valley traffic has put me off setting aside a Saturday to do it.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

Friday is a public holiday here in the land of Oz, so I'm thinking of viewing no. 6 in IMAX 3D.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum