Knights of Ren

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 28 May 2019, 10:04 am

@DeeBee

Yes, I saw that another weapon had a red light. The gun also has a red light. So probably all their weapons are powered, indeed. That's funny about the cord. Darn, I want to see these weapons in action. I remember getting really excited about the PG with the double blade that looked like it could split to become two weapons and then we got that awesome PG fight in TLJ which is amongst my favorite SW fights (if not my favorite) and the guy/lady split the weapon and whirled the two blades and I was in heaven. I know, I am such a geek.

Because I am a geek, I also thought of the similarities with the PG and am looking at said PG's weapons. They had electro plasma blades included in their weapons allowing them to parry lightsabers and it was also coming out of nozzles (you can't see the nozzles in the chains though). Still that doesn't explain how that unsharp curved-in blade could be lethal or what that thing with a cord does. I could see the thing with a cord work like a guillotine with the two quarter circles separating first and then swiflty coming together snapping whatever is in-between in two. I am not into hororr movies but somehow everything I can think of sounds like one What a Face But hey, Ben sent a PG flying into a ventilator (or whatever that was) to be chopped up so what's a guillotine, right?

If the KoR went after relics and had to fight force users, it'd make sense to have weapons that can withstand lightsabers. I would love it if those grenades on the guy to the left could actually confuse the senses of force users so they cannot for a few seconds use their powers. I am so cruel... The question is still up whether the KoR themselves are force sensitive especially if they are former students of Luke's. Maybe they prefer to play it gritty and only use lightsabers when they are in a hurry.

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Pg_wea11
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1809
Likes : 8980
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 28 May 2019, 12:27 pm

Something interesting about the trailer Smile (it contains a spoiler): https://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/185161257763
Moonlight13
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 915
Likes : 4348
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 25
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 28 May 2019, 1:24 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:Something interesting about the trailer Smile (it contains a spoiler): https://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/185161257763
@Moonlight13

Some people have sharp eyes Shocked At least the KoR doesn’t seem to be dancing... It’s true that there was speciesism in the Empire according to books and it seems to still be so in the FO (was that confirmed in auxiliary material too? I can’t remember), but since the KoR do not exactly look like the types to conform, I could see them using the service of non humans. Snoke’s aids in the throne room were not human so I guess there are exceptions. But hey, at least we know there are at least 2 scenes with one or more KoRs. Yey!
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1809
Likes : 8980
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by snufkin on Tue 28 May 2019, 2:16 pm

After all of Rian's West Side Story Tweets, I can't not think of the Jets every time the KoR are mentioned now



Still wanna know which one of them is also a trained esthetician and responsible for maintaining Kylos's hair and eyebrows.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 8138
Likes : 37420
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by DeeBee on Fri 31 May 2019, 2:42 am

@SanghaRen wrote:@DeeBee

Yes, I saw that another weapon had a red light. The gun also has a red light. So probably all their weapons are powered, indeed. That's funny about the cord. Darn, I want to see these weapons in action. I remember getting really excited about the PG with the double blade that looked like it could split to become two weapons and then we got that awesome PG fight in TLJ which is amongst my favorite SW fights (if not my favorite) and the guy/lady split the weapon and whirled the two blades and I was in heaven. I know, I am such a geek.

Because I am a geek, I also thought of the similarities with the PG and am looking at said PG's weapons. They had electro plasma blades included in their weapons allowing them to parry lightsabers and it was also coming out of nozzles (you can't see the nozzles in the chains though). Still that doesn't explain how that unsharp curved-in blade could be lethal or what that thing with a cord does. I could see the thing with a cord work like a guillotine with the two quarter circles separating first and then swiflty coming together snapping whatever is in-between in two. I am not into hororr movies but somehow everything I can think of sounds like one What a Face But hey, Ben sent a PG flying into a ventilator (or whatever that was) to be chopped up so what's a guillotine, right?

If the KoR went after relics and had to fight force users, it'd make sense to have weapons that can withstand lightsabers. I would love it if those grenades on the guy to the left could actually confuse the senses of force users so they cannot for a few seconds use their powers. I am so cruel... The question is still up whether the KoR themselves are force sensitive especially if they are former students of Luke's. Maybe they prefer to play it gritty and only use lightsabers when they are in a hurry.

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Pg_wea11
@SanghaRen
- I'm of the same mind SanghaRen! Remember all the fun we had trying to figure out the PG weapons?! That for me was a highlight of the lead up to TLJ. I love that it's not just me who eats up this stuff here! ha!
Yeah I agree their weapons would be lightsaber resistant, like the PG's.

Regarding the bolded, I'm thinking the question has been answered for me about whether the KOR are dark side users because the book: 'Absolutely everything you need to know - updated and expanded' confirms this:
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Page_111 - I shared it on the previous page.
It also confirms the KOR were there at the destruction of the Jedi Academy.
It doesn't say the KOR are Luke's students - but given they were there it's quite possible.. it adds up.

But! I appreciate that this could be 'overruled' by TROS content.. (as films are top of the canon hierarchy)  

So at this point, I'm thinking they are dark side force users, they were there at the destruction of the temple and they could very well be the students who left with Kylo Ren that night. But I don't hold on to it toooo tightly... we shall see!
I personally think they will be more interesting if they are dark side force users but whatever of the KOR we will get will be great! the PGs weren't and they were awesome! Can't wait for the toys and packaging to come out lol.

The KOR seem very close to the concept art we've seen.. do you think that one with the massive sword is similar to the KOR named 'The Sniper' lol.
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Hj7hip5satl01
The Monk (who seems to have back to camera in the VF photo) looks super creepy! affraid
I wonder if his face will be the skull look.. very striking..
Chatter based on a KOR spoiler:
and it hints that maybe a certain someone has been dead and raised again no? If I had to pick one of them to be Palpatine- I'd go with The Monk whose face they haven't revealed yet.. what do you think?
I'll spoilerise to be on the safe side as this is based on a leak.
@Moonlight13 - wow someone has great eyes!!!
That KOR looks like the one titled 'The Armory' - interesting that they don't have names. I wonder if they will get names at all.. like the PGs never did..

@snufkin wrote: ...Still wanna know which one of them is also a trained esthetician and responsible for maintaining Kylos's hair and eyebrows.
@snufkin
Ohhhh I think they're natural! Razz Laughing Wink

edited to add:
I had a play around with this image.. and I can see The Monk with his skull face in the background. bet you guys had already seen this! lol. It's new to me!  
Knights of Ren - Page 7 Mcdstw10
we can even just make out the shape of his axe now that we know what it is.. cool!


Last edited by DeeBee on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1201
Likes : 3508
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Knights of Ren - Page 7 Empty Re: Knights of Ren

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 08 Jun 2019, 2:50 am

That's amazing!
Regarding whether they were Luke's students...
He made a point of mentioning:
"He'd left with half my students and slaughtered the rest"

So.....if they aren't Luke's former students, what happened to them?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2747
Likes : 11591
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum