The Last Jedi General Discussion

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by DarthRen on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 6:19 pm

@reylo1992

Our opinions will differ on this.

Kylo did far too many things for far too long to be left alone and doesn't have to hide. He will have to pay for what he did in a way. Not by a death as Vader did but living with consequences of his actions. Nobody saw Vader's turn to the light, but I have this impression nobody will see it either with Kylo. Whatever happens in my opinion will be between him Leia, Rey and Luke. Not for others, not a spectacle for a thousands of people. His story is intimate and more about family, figuring out who he is and find where he belongs than anything else.

While SW is a fairytale story above all else, there has to be an element of accountability for his actions from our pointof view and his. One good act does not vanish others, there will always be people who will try to hunt him down and kill. Unless Rey has darkside background, she'll be fine. It was more or less being associated with him.

By hiding, it also offers chance for Kylo to do good things for the sake of others, being selfless as he has compassion for other people. I imagine he was quite a different, more sensitive growing up. It also opens up possible stories and venturing to Unknown Regions.

I want a happy ending but I do not expect wedding or babies to be born or running around. I don't need this to tell me that there is a happy ending. If Ben lives, he has someone he loves by his side[Rey] and does better things with his life. Count that in my book as a happy ending.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Last Jedi General Discussion

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:27 pm

Oh look guys! Found this on tumblr  Laughing
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr51
Source: https://reylonite.tumblr.com/post/167491557772/anytaroel-nightsofreylo-reylorobyn2011

Anakin: "Don't be afraid!"
Padme: "I am not afraid to die..."

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Giphy22

Han: What are you afraid of
Leia: Afraid?

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 6f069110

Ben: Don't be afraid. I feel it too (?)

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Source13

"These movies are about battle. Not kissy, kissy"
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Giphy23

Dear Antis, what are you afraid of.?
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Giphy24
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:41 pm

@reylo1992

It's like these people are willingly ignoring what this epic saga is about at its core. Star Wars is essentially a romantic space soap opera, a fairytale story.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 1:52 pm

I had a fellow Reylo send me this excerpt from Poe's Pilot log book last night and found it really interesting. We had that one rumor where Poe is apparently being slapped by Leia at some point in TLJ. This really makes me believe that Kylo ends up with the resistance at some point and that Poe is NOT going to be happy about it. I can see him saying some choice words to Leia and in result getting slapped.
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Fullsi10
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:00 pm

@nite0wl29 wrote:I had a fellow Reylo send me this excerpt from Poe's Pilot log book last night and found it really interesting. We had that one rumor where Poe is apparently being slapped by Leia at some point in TLJ. This really makes me believe that Kylo ends up with the resistance at some point and that Poe is NOT going to be happy about it. I can see him saying some choice words to Leia and in result getting slapped.
@nite0wl29

I fully admit I read the circled bit first, and thought this came out of some anti blog without knowing the context.

So you can imagine how hard I laughed when I realized what this actually was. lol!

In fairness, Poe has his very valid reasons, but still. Lol lol lol

Great find!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:01 pm

@DarthRen wrote:@reylo1992

It's like these people are willingly ignoring what this epic saga is about at its core. Star Wars is essentially a romantic space soap opera, a fairytale story.
@DarthRen

The funniest thing in this is that  people who think that SW is all about space battle and not kissy kissy don't realize...that without kissy kissy they wouldn't have enjoyed 40 years of space battle
The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Giphy110
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@nite0wl29 wrote:I had a fellow Reylo send me this excerpt from Poe's Pilot log book last night and found it really interesting. We had that one rumor where Poe is apparently being slapped by Leia at some point in TLJ. This really makes me believe that Kylo ends up with the resistance at some point and that Poe is NOT going to be happy about it. I can see him saying some choice words to Leia and in result getting slapped.
@nite0wl29

I fully admit I read the circled bit first, and thought this came out of some anti blog without knowing the context.

So you can imagine how hard I laughed when I realized what this actually was. lol!

Great find!

@IoJovi

LOL LOL LOL

I thought it too. Poe Dameron is an anti. Confirmed.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:05 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@nite0wl29

Great find!

@IoJovi

lol! too funny! She sent me the other page where Poe described his interrogation with Kylo and needless to say that poor guy really got his butt handed to him physically and mentally. There's also a page from Finn's book that she sent me that says Finn was getting ready to shoot Kylo before Chewy made the shot. It also says that Kylo made eye contact with Finn (not Rey) while Kylo was still on that bridge. But like we didn't know that already Wink
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:09 pm

is this real?

https://twitter.com/DaisyRidreyNews/status/930515376802279425

This Twitter account isn't official so I don't know where they got this info:

The Japan #TheLastJedi Red Carpet Premiere is supposedly taking place December 6th, Daisy should attend this like she did the 2015 one! #DaisyRidley

Wut?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:12 pm

@vaderito wrote:is this real?

The Japan #TheLastJedi Red Carpet Premiere is supposedly taking place December 6th, Daisy should attend this like she did the 2015 one! #DaisyRidley

Wut?
@vaderito

This Tumblr account also says the premiere is on the6th in Japan.

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167492328142/japan-red-carpet-for-the-last-jedi-set-for

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:31 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Wut?
@vaderito

This Tumblr account also says the premiere is on 5th in Japan.

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/167492328142/japan-red-carpet-for-the-last-jedi-set-for
@Darth_Awakened

Any Japanese reylos who are going? OMG, please be true! We get spoilers earlier!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 2:36 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Wut?
@vaderito

This Tumblr account also says the premiere is on 5th in Japan.

@Darth_Awakened

If Daisy will be there, so should other cast members. The last time all three Daisy, John and Adam went there.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:46 pm

Two magazines, PIA Movie Special and DVD&Bluray Data announced TLJ Japan Red Carpet Premiere and Special Screening on December 6. It only mentioned "there will be guest stars" so we are not sure which cast will come. Place is somewhere in Tokyo. About 50 lucky readers in total will win the tickets if they send postcards. I haven't been able to find the magazines and 50 readers is quite low chance to win Sad I even couldn't get the Premium Night ticket on Dec 14, the website crashed and it was sold out after 5 mins or so Sad But there will be spoilers from Japanese fans on Twitter, I'll keep an eye on that.
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:48 pm

SW Darkness Rises at the beginning with a little bit of new footage Leia and Poe.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:50 pm

Is Poe chewing a gum? I couldn't understand a word he said. I guess it isn't important anyway.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:53 pm

@vaderito wrote:Is Poe chewing a gum? I couldn't understand a word he said. I guess it isn't important anyway.
@vaderito
Something like

Poe: "Permission to get in an X-wing and blow stuff up?"
Leia: "Permission granted."

So yeah, not important at all. Laughing Laughing Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:58 pm

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ozffpbOoG91w6j24yo1_1280

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ozffpbOoG91w6j24yo3_r1_1280

Leia and Poe
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ozffpbOoG91w6j24yo1_1280

The Last Jedi General Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_ozffpbOoG91w6j24yo3_r1_1280

Leia and Poe
@FrolickingFizzgig

Somehow my eyes went to the screens in the background and I was wondering who came up with what should be on these screens. The one to the right of Leia looks like a mess. Hopefully it’s not the trajectories of x-wings.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 5:40 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Is Poe chewing a gum? I couldn't understand a word he said. I guess it isn't important anyway.
@vaderito
Something like

@FrolickingFizzgig

I really like how Carrie says, "Permission granted." Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 6:19 pm

@vaderito
Something like

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yikes.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@vaderito
Something like

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yikes.
@vaderito

Lol. It's not Star Wars without some corny lines Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 7:43 pm

@nite0wl29 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@nite0wl29

Great find!

@IoJovi

lol! too funny! She sent me the other page where Poe described his interrogation with Kylo and needless to say that poor guy really got his butt handed to him physically and mentally. There's also a page from Finn's book that she sent me that says Finn was getting ready to shoot Kylo before Chewy made the shot. It also says that Kylo made eye contact with Finn (not Rey) while Kylo was still on that bridge. But like we didn't know that already Wink
@nite0wl29

Where can I find this? I'd love to read Poe's description of his interrogation.

Also, do we have any canon evidence to suggest that Poe knows that Kylo Ren is Ben Solo? There's been quite a bit of talk about redemption and how Ben can live his life after the trilogy, but if no one knows who Kylo Ren actually is, that frees up quite a bit of space for him. Yes, I know that he rejects his mask early on, but how many people know what Ben Solo looked like? He'd been off with Luke for years. And if he turns up again, helping the Resistance, I'm not sure there's as large an impediment to him living a relatively normal life after the events of Epi 9. If he does something heroic and saves Finn, for instance, then Finn would be less likely to trumpet from the bridge of the Raddus that Kylo=Ben. Rey won't tell. Luke won't tell. Hux might know, but let's be honest - he's not going to live past 9. Neither will Phasma. And dead men tell no tales. For the most part, anyway.

PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 8:58 pm

@nite0wl29

Thanks for sharing niteOwl29!

Poe certainly seems to showing some attitude here with this report to his superior!  He seems to hold this Major Taslin Brance in contempt!

Re Kylo and rotting in a prison cell? ouchie, fair enough.. so far Kylo deserves nothing less.. but me thinks Poe will change his tune when Kylo saves his and the resistance and the universe's butt! Wink

whooo Major Taslin Brance has an entry in the database.. I just learned something new.. he's this guy! http://www.starwars.com/databank/major-brance
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 15 Nov 2017, 12:31 am

I was feeling kinda fan fatigued and impatient today, but I came across a Japanese article (mainly about the 152 minute run time) that mentioned these things about TLJ, and now I'm excited again  Very Happy

-Kylo Ren occupies an important position.
-The answer to the "Luke is Rey's dad" theory will come to light.
-It is a rich human drama that will unfold on a grand scale.

Nothing new about any of this, but it makes the story sound really interesting.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum