Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 31 Mar 2018, 10:29 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:It's not an April fools joke:

Are people really freaking out? I thought it was obvious that she meant that Finn and Rey will have screen time together since they barely had any in TLJ. Bit weird to be excited about it since they reunited at the end, duh, they are gonna have scenes together in IX. More importantly, Daisy has read the script and knows Ben Solo's fate, whether he will be redeemed, and she may know now that she might share a kiss with him!!!
@Kylo Rey

If she texted John, she DEF texted Adam

"HEY BESTIE READY FOR OUR EPIC SPACE KISSES??"
@rey09
lol! lol! lol!
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sat 31 Mar 2018, 10:38 pm

@Kylo Rey @rawpowah @bashfulblueeyes3 @special_cases @californiagirl
-Sage words here you guys!
You are all helping me prepare for the worst - while we hope for the best! Bring it on.. the big reveal is going to be epic!!!

I do wonder if Hux will feature in the posters.. so interesting! [Bigger I mean]

@ZioRen wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@special_cases wrote:Can I say something bad? Please don't read spoiler and forgive me if you're Finnrey fan and big Ridley's and John's fan:

Spoiler:
I hope we won't get 38 interviews where the only thing Daisy and John want to discuss about Star Wars Episode IX is how it's amazing\fantastic\cool\inspirational\thrilling that LFL arranged " OMG together-again!" party for them instead of the last episode in Saga with 40 years old history. I know, they are not allowed to talk about the real plot, but... I'd rather skip these interviews.
@special_cases

You’re not alone.  and neither are you...
@IoJovi

Another reason why I'm going to miss RJ. You can tell he really loves Kylo given how he talked about him the most on the press tour for TLJ. Not saying JJ doesn't care obviously, but I could never imagine him saying some of the really overt stuff that Rian came out with, especially with his mystery box. We're probably going to get a ton of this type of talk now the Beautiful Friendship Gang™️ (as @snufkin would say) is back together. Personally, I'm hoping the teaser poster for IX features Rey and Kylo only, as I think it would be appropriate to what is the only important and central story left.
@Kylo Rey

It would be strange to have it be anything else. They're now set up as the big dogs on their respective sides and I get the feeling marketing will play up their inevitable "clash". I'd be surprised if they played their "Hux coup" hand in the leadup to the movie, and the only other remaining big dramatic conflict people are expecting is between Rey and Kylo. There's no more Han or Luke or Snoke or, sadly, Leia to be inserted between them anymore. I don't think they're going to play coy about showing the two together this time around, though probably mostly in an antagonistic way because drama and diverting attention from the real dynamic.
@ZioRen

What about a surprise pregnancy! Rey and Kylo/Ben did touch hands in TLJ!!  Very Happy

Ohhh we are going to have so much fun when the marketing starts!
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:06 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@special_cases wrote:Can I say something bad? Please don't read spoiler and forgive me if you're Finnrey fan and big Ridley's and John's fan:

Spoiler:
I hope we won't get 38 interviews where the only thing Daisy and John want to discuss about Star Wars Episode IX is how it's amazing\fantastic\cool\inspirational\thrilling that LFL arranged " OMG together-again!" party for them instead of the last episode in Saga with 40 years old history. I know, they are not allowed to talk about the real plot, but... I'd rather skip these interviews.
@special_cases

You’re not alone. and neither are you...
@IoJovi

Bwahahaha! No seriously, we all know that the person who made the press interviews was Carrie. Both for TFA and during the OT. I'll always mention them, but go read the online archives at Rolling Stone for the interviews she did for ESB and RotJ. Not just funny and smart, but they actually talked about the damn plot instead of keeping everything obscure. If the press for this film, save for the Japanese/Korean marketing and besties talk about doing hair together, was deeply irrelevant and tedious, just think how even more bad it'll be if it is The Beautiful Friendship Gang Rides Again.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePancake on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:17 am

@rawpowah wrote:@special_cases Honestly, if romantic Reylo is endgame in IX I'm going to expect a lot of interviews about how great it was to work with their Peanut again to keep that 'twist' under wraps. It's all going to be advertised as one big Scooby Doo gang episode.
@rawpowah

Obviously, it's inevitable, they already did it with "Finn the Jedi" red herring during TFA and "Finn vs Phasma" all over the place during TLJ marketing campaign to hide their money shot aka. the throne room fight scene. But LFL and Disney need to be careful this time if they want to play with fire with the final episode of this Skywalker Saga because "Finn the Jedi" did them no favor except backslash and false hope from Finn's stans, and sadly, Finn's stans are still blindly holding on to "Finn the Jedi, Finn the force user" theory.
Anw, I fully expect to see a ton of Rey Finn Rose Poe for EP9's promotion campaign in US/EU and Reylo for the Asian countries just like ep8.
RosiePancake
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:56 am

@rey09 wrote:

Are people really freaking out? I thought it was obvious that she meant that Finn and Rey will have screen time together since they barely had any in TLJ. Bit weird to be excited about it since they reunited at the end, duh, they are gonna have scenes together in IX. More importantly, Daisy has read the script and knows Ben Solo's fate, whether he will be redeemed, and she may know now that she might share a kiss with him!!!
@Kylo Rey

@rey09

Lolilol Lolilol

Well Rey and Finn will spend time together... Wow who'd have thought it?! We already knew that, they ended TLJ together Ehem
Anyway I'm happy about it because I love their friendship, but I hope that Rose will be relevant too.
It would be nice, but let's not joke about it, they better not waste too much time on useless FinnRey adventures because I demand to see Ben and Rey interact a lot in this last movie! Twisted Evil
cherrylipstick
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 1:28 am

reaction of the Reylo-Fandom to this amazing reveal

Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 1:31 am

Totally irrelevant but I miss like buttons.

I would give ten likes if I could to some of the above posts especially @Night Huntress's yawning pups.

That's how I feel about this "spoiler".
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 1:33 am

@cherrylipstick wrote:
@rey09 wrote:

@Kylo Rey

@rey09

Lolilol Lolilol

Well Rey and Finn will spend time together... Wow who'd have thought it?! We already knew that, they ended TLJ together Ehem
Anyway I'm happy about it because I love their friendship, but I hope that Rose will be relevant too.
It would be nice, but let's not joke about it, they better not waste too much time on useless FinnRey adventures because I demand to see Ben and Rey interact a lot in this last movie! Twisted Evil
@cherrylipstick

Yeah we are at the place where Rey and Kylo have seperated for a bit despite both of them having feelings and because Rey is angry, so she crushes at her friends place and tries to forget about Kylo but it's not possible anyway. Then she triea to ignore him when she meets him, but bahm you can't fight your feelings!
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 1:47 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Totally irrelevant but I miss like buttons.

I would give ten likes if I could to some of the above posts especially @Night Huntress's yawning pups.

That's how I feel about this "spoiler".
@Darth_Awakened

Me too. I never noticed how important it is but now there are 20+ posts I really need to "like"
special_cases
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 4:18 am

You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. It'll only make the Reylo reunion even more emotional. Plus it's going to be real boring if the Resistance are doing their thing, and FO are doing their thing, there needs to be that emotional conflict and crossover considering this IS the Skywalker saga (Luke/Leia have also passed away) so it would only make sense if Rey is thinking about Ben during these moments.

Plus there NEEDS to be a Force plot somewhere and ofc Finn/Poe/Rose won't be part of that. We all know Res/FO is just a backdrop for the more emotional/Force stories at the forefront.

Before TLJ came out we were teased with the Luke-Rey relationship, little did we know Luke would be spending the whole time depressed over how he failed Ben and Rey would spend her time force chatting with Ben! .

I really hope Rey and Rose develop a friendship, id actually like to see Finn-Rey-Rose together as a team. We've never really had a strong female -to-female friendship.

Having said that, I am way more excited about the First Order possible coup! People want conflict and drama!

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 7:43 am

@SkyStar wrote:
@cherrylipstick wrote:
@rey09 wrote:

@Kylo Rey

@rey09

Lolilol Lolilol

@cherrylipstick

Yeah we are at the place where Rey and Kylo have seperated for a bit despite both of them having feelings and because Rey is angry, so she crushes at her friends place and tries to forget about Kylo but it's not possible anyway. Then she triea to ignore him when she meets him, but bahm you can't fight your feelings!
@SkyStar

Funny thing is for Rey and Finn, they need to be physically together, whereas Rey and Kylo can now see each other whenever wherever. I always thought the tracker was a good contrast to the force bond- they need the tracker to locate each other, but that's *nothing* to rey and kylo's automatic connecting abilities. They can just summon the other lol.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 7:58 am

I wonder if JJ is going to use the force bond, but it will be stronger? That would be a way for Rey and Kylo to be together. Maybe make it stronger? They will be able to touch.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 8:14 am

It was pretty obvious they'll have scenes again,you didn't even have to read a script to know that lol
I'm fine with that,I like the Finn and Rey friendship tho I really don't think it should or will be anything near to how much they were together during TFA.Their dynamic is cute for sure but definitely not anything epic or super interesting imo.

Mila95
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 8:17 am

I posted this on reddit,l and wanted to share here as well.

Now, we do love the space battles and politics in SW. However, that's not what makes SW so GREAT and stand out from all the other saga's. It's the conflicting and emotional relationships between people, and of course the Force plot.

Now that the Resistance are back together, they sort of feel like one big happy family. I'm not sure if we'll get any conflict from them. I kind of want Rey and Poe to butt heads and then Finn has to get in the middle but Idk if we'll get that! I guess the only conflict here is Rey's secret about her relationship with Ben and how the Resistance will take it.

Here is my take on all the compelling/conflicting relationships going into episode 9. Its obvious Ben is going to be the leading man here as he has the most unresolved relationships.

1) Rey/Ben. This is the BIG one. No explanation needed.
2) Hux/Kylo. I guess all signs point to a Hux coup? I cannot wait to see how this plays out. I'm personally more excited about the FO than the Resistance!
3) Ben's relationship with his family (Luke/Han/Leia). I guess this one might be tough to convey considering Carrie has passed and Harrison isn't around. I guess Luke will be a FG and could potentially be a powerful scene.
4) Ben's relationship with himself - this could also be part of the Force plot (accepting light and dark within yourself).
5) Rey/Luke. This is also an unresolved relationship seeing as though they didn't end well. This will most likely be part of the Force plot.
6) Finns relationship with the Stormtroopers and FO, part of a Stormtrooper rebellion? Will we see a FinnLo hug? Lol

Yes the Resistance might be together in Act 1, but at some point, Rey needs to separate because of the Force plot and because she needs to come face-to-face with Ben, the relationship which will define the trilogy,

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 10:00 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I wonder if JJ is going to use the force bond, but it will be stronger? That would be a way for Rey and Kylo to be together. Maybe make it stronger? They will be able to touch.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I think at this point it has to, I mean do you guys really think that JJ will keep Rey & Kylo apart the whole movie until the very end for a final battle? If that is what happens then there would be no Reylo whatsoever. So I am banking that there will be many force bonds throughout the movie, maybe even stronger than in TLJ so that we can get a proper Reylo in the end.
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 11:56 am

Ok everyone am gonna leave this just here and pray it isn’t an april’s Fool:
AhsokaTano
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:10 pm

@AhsokaTano

@KyloIsSad is Sad Kylo Ren on Twitter... Must be an April Fools Razz
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:28 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@AhsokaTano

@KyloIsSad is Sad Kylo Ren on Twitter... Must be an April Fools Razz
@Cowgirlsamurai
I agree lol! but who knows? Maybe the joke's on them because that could end up happening. lol! lol! lol!
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 1:58 pm

That Reylo article is April Fools.

The JB tweet is confirmed by a video. Daisy apparently texted him that they're going to be together again in IX. Of course John feels the need to broadcast their peanuts friendship for the world to see...except nobody cares. Reylo got louder screams than the other ships in that Twitter video.

Peanuts gag is old, but it's his way at getting back at LF &co for not making Finn the Superman of the trilogy. That plus his ego and wish to make it seem like everyone loves Finn.

Too bad the one character that actually loves Finn isn't even mentioned by John because...? Well, I'm not gonna say it but you all are thinking it.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 2:10 pm

@Xylo Ren I don't think John is nearly that bitter. Of course he's excited to work with Daisy again after having spent an entire movie away from her. They really were adorable friends. Just that, FRIENDS.

This will get many fans excited about the film, especially the GA or fans that didn't pick up on or don't like Reylo. Didn't the whole cast of TLJ gush about how amazing Kylo Ren is in the movie?

It could actually function as a clever marketing move because no way are they going to give away the entire plot and all the character dynamics. There were several huge things, especially in regards to Kylo, that were completely absent from advertising. Let them promote the Friendship is Space Magic special.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 2:26 pm

@californiagirl wrote:@Xylo Ren I don't think John is nearly that bitter. Of course he's excited to work with Daisy again after having spent an entire movie away from her. They really were adorable friends. Just that, FRIENDS.

This will get many fans excited about the film, especially the GA or fans that didn't pick up on or don't like Reylo. Didn't the whole cast of TLJ gush about how amazing Kylo Ren is in the movie?

It could actually function as a clever marketing move because no way are they going to give away the entire plot and all the character dynamics. There were several huge things, especially in regards to Kylo, that were completely absent from advertising. Let them promote the Friendship is Space Magic special.
@californiagirl

Marketing for IX hasn't started yet and no actor is spoiling anything. people should remember that. Nobody is spoiling. Personal preference =/= spoiler. Even if some personal preferences come true, they are not spoilers at the moment they were talked about. It's very simple.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 2:29 pm

Did Reylo really get the loudest screams? Lol. The GA loves it.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 3:16 pm

@vaderito wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:@Xylo Ren I don't think John is nearly that bitter. Of course he's excited to work with Daisy again after having spent an entire movie away from her. They really were adorable friends. Just that, FRIENDS.

@californiagirl

Marketing for IX hasn't started yet and no actor is spoiling anything. people should remember that. Nobody is spoiling. Personal preference =/= spoiler. Even if some personal preferences come true, they are not spoilers at the moment they were talked about. It's very simple.

@vaderito

Agreed that IX marketing hasn't officially begun, but really, it unofficially began once TLJ came out and the world became enraged at... things. Rian, mostly. This may not be an actual campaign yet, and John gushes over Daisy far more than Kelly, to a point where it comes off not very nice, but really, everything that is said about IX functions as press for the film. Even if it's still in pre-production and most of the cast hasn't red the script, casting itself may not even be done yet, but there is so much scrutiny that basically everything the filmmakers and actors and LF and Disney say about this is gospel.

It probably isn't helping Solo, which was already struggling by being in such close proximity to TLJ and all the press, awards, books, Blu-rays, incessant speculation/rants/commentary and other shenanigans that entails. It's really the Episode IX show from here on out, even if LF wants your attention diverted elsewhere.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 3:28 pm

@californiagirl wrote:
@vaderito

Agreed that IX marketing hasn't officially begun, but really, it unofficially began once TLJ came out and the world became enraged at... things. Rian, mostly. This may not be an actual campaign yet, and John gushes over Daisy far more than Kelly, to a point where it comes off not very nice,

I'm sure it isn't his intention in any way. It does seem a bit awkward since the two play characters who had a fling in TLJ, but he isn't on SW Promo trail so he can talk about personal preferences that contradict what's in the last movie.

but really, everything that is said about IX functions as press for the film.

meaning nobody is going to spoil anything and everything we are going to hear outside of official statements is going to be safe stuff we knew before. Like that Rey and Finn will have scenes together in IX. That's not a spoiler. You know what's a spoiler? Luke and Ben on Crait. remember that one? They hid it even from Lego sets that had everyone else on Crait. You know what else is a spoiler? Adam in ireland =/= Kylo on Ahch-to. They wanted us to see Adam there cause we didn't know the context. In short, we are going to hear about the obvious, not about game changers.

Even if it's still in pre-production and most of the cast hasn't red the script, casting itself may not even be done yet, but there is so much scrutiny that basically everything the filmmakers and actors and LF and Disney say about this is gospel.

which is why nobody is spoiling anything. Talking about personal preferences =/= spoiling. Mark was talking about wanting Dark Luke and Harrison was talking about wanting Han to die well before ROTJ went into production. Spoilers? No.

It probably isn't helping Solo, which was already struggling by being in such close proximity to TLJ and all the press, awards, books, Blu-rays, incessant speculation/rants/commentary and other shenanigans that entails. It's really the Episode IX show from here on out, even if LF wants your attention diverted elsewhere.
@californiagirl

John made a comment at the comic con. That isn't a massive thing that distracts GA attention from Solo to IX. Like I said, it is not a part of IX marketing. He is promoting his new movie and is asked SW questions. That's all that is. This is too minor to distract from Solo. Like, not even 10,000 people on twitter knows about it.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sun 01 Apr 2018, 3:34 pm

@vaderito Agreed that no one is spoiling anything. I'm actually encouraged by the probably inevitable focus on Resistance Friendship Pals Destroy the Bad Guys promotion trail we will likely get. It means there are other bigger things they aren't telling us. The trailers didn't show us Snoke dying either!

My point about Solo was more that there is still so much emphasis on TLJ and "JJ please save us from the awfulness of TLJ" I don't know if the upcoming Solo marketing and press tour, or even release, will distract fans for very long. It's the saga movies that are getting all the attention, positive or negative, not the standalones.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum