Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 14 May 2018, 4:40 pm

@Tex

Maybe there will be NO Rey/Poe dynamic, just like in the last two films and we’re fretting over nothing, lol. Maybe he’ll be so busy leading and Rey so busy Force learning/communing with Kylo that they won’t interact much... It wasn’t until I logged on after watching TLJ that I realized some people would interpret that meeting as an attraction between those two. That scene on the Falcon just gave me the impression that Rey is solidly a part of the Resistance now. I will seriously roll my eyes if they decide to make a love triangle with Poe in the last movie.

I like the idea of him being suspicious of Rey and catching her talking to Kylo, but I’m not sure how antagonistic they’ll make Poe after TLJ (he seemed to be “redeemed” by the end of that movie...) Poe being Rey’s Hux sounds interesting to me, though Smile

Have you seen the latest comic stuff? Rey seems totally unimpressed with the “best pilot in the Resistance.” Laughing

Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Mon 14 May 2018, 4:57 pm

If Rey didn't meet Poe at the end of TLJ, two of the three main heroic characters would have ended up not saying hello to each other for 2/3 of the series. I'm sure they wanted to avoid that.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Mon 14 May 2018, 5:03 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Tex

Maybe there will be NO Rey/Poe dynamic, just like in the last two films and we’re fretting over nothing, lol. Maybe he’ll be so busy leading and Rey so busy Force learning/communing with Kylo that they won’t interact much... It wasn’t until I logged on after watching TLJ that I realized some people would interpret that meeting as an attraction between those two. That scene on the Falcon just gave me the impression that Rey is solidly a part of the Resistance now. I will seriously roll my eyes if they decide to make a love triangle with Poe in the last movie.

I like the idea of him being suspicious of Rey and catching her talking to Kylo, but I’m not sure how antagonistic they’ll make Poe after TLJ (he seemed to be “redeemed” by the end of that movie...) Poe being Rey’s Hux sounds interesting to me, though  Smile

Have you seen the latest comic stuff? Rey seems totally unimpressed with the “best pilot in the Resistance.” Laughing

@Cowgirlsamurai

Ha! I hadn't seen the latest comic stuff. Nice. I think I may be biased, like Rey, I'm not overly impressed with Poe. Maybe cause every man that I meet tries to give Holdo sh*t about not including Poe in her master plan. He didn't need to know! He was demoted! I don't know how many times I have to defend Holdo's actions, but just because Poe is a hot shot, doesn't give him the right to go around his superiors or be included in need to know intelligence. Evil or Very Mad

But yeah it would be funny if we're here fretting over what may conspire between the two and they don't interact at all. Which hey, that's also fine by me. Just give me more Rey and Kylo stuff.

@Saracene - I thought it was implied they had met already. I mean if Finn asks Poe, "Where's Rey?" doesn't they give you the impression they've met before? IDK, it seemed unnecessary.
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Mon 14 May 2018, 5:50 pm

@Tex No I didn't get an impression that Rey and Poe already met. I mean, I'm sure that Poe would know about Rey, but their meeting in the end seems to indicate that they're only meeting each other face to face for the first time.

My only beef with Holdo and the plan is that it seems dumb that she'd rather sit through his mutiny than explain the plan, after he already realised that her plan involves the escape pods. I'm fine with her not telling Poe the plan at the beginning, but it feels like they're dragging it out in the end for some contrived Resistance drama.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 14 May 2018, 9:17 pm

I
@Tex wrote:
@cowgirlsamurai wrote:I most definitely see Rey butting heads with Poe, and not in a fun, comedic way. And OMG I can just imagine an unplanned ForceSkype moment - Poe comes around the corner, and says, "Who were you talking to???" Now that's the type of conflict within the BFG I'm looking forward to...

@cowgirlsamurai

I'm in total agreement with this line of thinking. The whole Rey and Poe dynamic has been on my mind lately. Mostly on why they put what I think is a strange, forced moment between them at the end of TLJ. The more I think about it the more it feels tacked on for some sort of foreshadowing. I know when I first saw that scene it raised my eyebrow a bit. I was worried they may go in the love triangle direction. I'm sure they're would be a lot of happy fanboys if they did pair Rey up with Poe romantically.

However, the more I've ruminated on it, I started to think Poe would make a wonderful foil to Rey. He's the trigger happy, let's burn everything to the ground, fly boy. She's grounded, compassionate and forgiving. I just see him looking at Rey as a weapon for the Resistance cause. He'll charm her into doing things she's not fully comfortable with. I hope they do butt heads and that Poe is suspicious of her, questioning how she got on The Supremacy and how she killed Snoke and escaped.

Poe sneaking around behind her back, following her, would be wonderful. I'd love a scenario where he sees her talking to "someone" who's not there. Maybe she calls out to Ben by name and he figures it out. In any case, Poe's suspicion of Rey should mirror Hux's suspicion of Kylo.
@Tex

I think that Rian and both Pablo stated that the scene between Poe and Rey was put in so the audience could see that they met. In TFA, we did not see them meet, I believe it that scene was deleted. Although, in the TFA novel they did meet. That was all there was to it.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 15 May 2018, 12:24 am

Poe as Hux to Rey's Kylo....that is actually a good idea. Someone on tumblr - I don't remember who it was - made a terrific point regarding the 'spark' speech made by Holdo and then Poe at the end....Holdo spoke of keeping the flame of hope burning while Poe spoke of the destruction of the FO. It showed the difference between passive and aggressive personalities they had. If Ben/Kylo made some positive decisions as leader I could see Holdo being willing to sit down and talk - but not Poe.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Tue 15 May 2018, 9:42 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 - So I guess we can just blame JJ then for cutting the scene in TFA. Tire langue L   Let's be honest I don't think JJ saw Poe as anything other than a plot device. @cowgirlsamurai reminded me that Poe was suppose to die in the original script. So that character got really lucky lol.  

@motherofpearl1 - Yes, the 'spark' speech is my main takeaway on his character. Poe takes things to extremes. It's not about hope, but destruction. He's all about the "pew pew pew". Another issue Poe should have as a character, is that he's personally involved with Kylo. Poe is Leia's surrogate son. He claims to be the best pilot in the galaxy (cue some eye rolling from Kylo) and he's been tortured by Kylo. I can't see him warming up to the idea of Kylo running the First Order, even if Kylo is doing some good. Also I can't recall, maybe someone here knows, but does Poe know that Kylo is Leia's son? I feel like that gives him another reason to dislike Kylo. Poe worships Leia. Her potentially dying early on in the next film should effect him greatly. Will he put the blame for Leia's death squarely on Kylo shoulders? Even if Kylo wasn't directly involved?  

I can just hear Poe making some sort of "We can't trust him", "He's dangerous", speech to Rey, aka Poe "mansplaining" why Kylo is no good for her. Laughing  I'm not saying we should turn Poe into a mustache twirling villain, far from it, but I do think the character still has room to grow. If Rey can butt heads with Luke and knock him upside his head with her staff, then why not have her argue with Poe? Who else is going to bring tension to her side of the story? Like I said before we know that Hux will bring tension to Kylo/Ben's side of the story. I'd rather it not be Rose on Rey's side. As for Finn, I see him more as a mediator in any argument that Rey and Poe would have.

What better way for Poe to continue to grow as a character then have him Kylo hating through most of the film, then, do an about face in the 3rd act and help a potentially injured/incapacitated Kylo escape with Rey on the Falcon. The drama! Or they could, you know, do nothing with him and this could all be a moot point lol.
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Tue 15 May 2018, 4:08 pm

Poe wasn't the leader the Resistance needed in TLJ when their prime goal was survival, but his aggressive approach will be appropriate in the Episode IX when the good guys finally take it to the FO. They sure as heck aren't going to defeat them by constantly running away and it will take some major destruction and pew pew pew. Even from the blockbuster point of view, there's simply no way that they're closing the trilogy without some huge space battles.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 16 May 2018, 2:14 am

I actually want to see a darker version of the Resistance come IX; I doubt if we will but it would be something fresh if instead of good/evil and black/white, like in the previous films, we had something more ambiguous. Because let's face it, no one in a million years could call Kylo a straight up villain - despite his best efforts!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 16 May 2018, 8:52 am

New FAF is out so I'm using it to show you why it is FAF:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8jiekm/i_work_for_someone_very_high_up_at_lucasfilm_as_a/

I won’t name my boss because it would give me up immediately, BUT I will say this- I have glimpsed some pieces of concept art! I only had about a minute to look at them, but I had to share what I saw.

Poe and Finn standing wearing dirty civilian clothes, looks like some kind of disguise. Finn’s hair is knappy and grown out while Poe had a longer slicked back look. They’re walking (pushing?) through a crowd of aliens in some kind of cityscape, kind of looks like Nar Shadda
-Finn and Poe again, on the same planet, but this time caught in a firefight. Finn is ducked behind some kind of container, while Poe is leaning up to shoot.

-The third one I saw featured Rose, wearing a completely different hair style, sitting in the Gunner’s seat of the millennium falcon. It was a pretty close perspective so not much to reveal.

And that’s it, folks! If I see anything else I’ll let know Wink

Edit: in an attempt to hide my identity so that I don’t get fired!

This guy is using JB's quote about growing out his hair to land himself credibility. However, that's exactly where he shoots himself in the foot because concept art isn't Costume/Character Design. Concept art doesn't show you what characters will look like so they very often use old look:

As you can all 3 characters have their TFA look. The point is the concept of the scene itself.

And this is what they look like in the movie. Concept art precedes character design hence why there's mismatch. So for designing a scene of Finn and Poe pushing through the crowd, it's totally irrelevant whether his hair is hobo or not.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:40 am

Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:49 am

@ Moonlight13
Wonder what it’s gonna look like with the hairpiece ? I like the braids Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Fri 18 May 2018, 1:45 pm

Guys, I don’t know if this belongs more here or in the other thread (Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread) but there might be some truth to it so I’ll leave it here now - when I prepared the summary of spoilers we’ve got so far in the crack thread, I remembered there’s one more, quite an early one from reddit, and it was shared somewhere on this forum but I can’t find it - must’ve been in the archives or yet another thread that I just lurked in. It’s a very general one and could easily fall into the ‘predictable’ category because of its vagueness but the author also mentioned Solo in his posts - that it’s supposed to feel different than RO, be very funny, expand the universe and include some important reveal regarding one of the main characters. We’ll see the movie in two weeks but Huffington Post released an article claiming Lando’s apparent pansexuality so maybe that’s the reveal? Or am I being overly excitited cos if there’s any truth to the recent leaks on Solo, there’re quite a few possible reveals? Razz The IX spoiler said that there’d be a time jump, Kylo’d be a villain (Renperor?) but his extreme loneliness would be emphasised and the movie would have a Hamlet-like vibe (force ghost?), that Leia’d be written off in an obvious way but she’d have impact on the story and that there’d be something more to Rey’s parentage. I believe it also suggested a disneyesque ending with reylo endgame and continuation of the Skywalker line. Do you have a link to that spoiler on reddit or to the thread it was posted in? Very Happy
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 18 May 2018, 2:26 pm

@nana7marie
I remember the one you mentioned . Am trying to find it too....
Ok can anyone help ? I found something on our crack spoiler thread for episode 9 from 5th May ( page 8 that Riri posted from another very famous forum)which gives a plot for episode 9 ( funnily enough a lot of us really liked that plot )and then proceeds to verify it with predictions from Han Solo film but it doesn’t mention lando’s sexuality . It mentions Qi’ra being a villain and enfys nest force sensitive.
Also found this from Reddit and this person does mention a jaw dropping fact about an old friend :
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/7k2zn8/last_year_i_gave_you_this_christmas_present_do/?st=JHCDKBR4&sh=b119179f

Again I remember us discussing this but can’t find it in the threads
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:08 am

EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:32 am

@ EchoBase
Oooh trIXie what could it mean ????!!! I keep thinking of pixie Cos it rhymes lol!!!!!

Ok just looked up Trixie :
She who brings happiness ,joy etc
And also means a bet consisting of three doubles and one treble.

Also slang meanings - white single urban woman in her 20s and one who gives “ good head “ lol !!! Though I doubt we are gonna see this latter slang term unless Star Wars becomes R rated/18 rated !

Any other meanings?
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:48 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@ EchoBase
Oooh trIXie  what could it mean ????!!! I keep thinking of pixie Cos it rhymes lol!!!!!

Also slang meanings - white single urban woman in her 20s and one who gives “ good head “ lol !!! Though I doubt we are gonna see this latter slang term unless Star Wars becomes R rated/18 rated !

Any other meanings?
@AhsokaTano

I love these!  I wondered about removing the IX, which leaves Trie - that revealed a computer science term (aka as digital tree/radix tree/prefix tree), and if that is a clue JJ intended, someone smarter than I will need to flesh it out. lol

I did find with wikipedia that tree data structures are used to store a dynamic set or associative array (collection of pairs) hmmm...
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:51 am

Strikes me as the kind of thing that has personal meaning to J.J. (like Rey mentioning "Kelvin Ridge" in TFA) because it's a name, with the added bonus that it has IX in the title, with little to go on beyond that, lol.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 9:53 am

TrIXie means nothing. They changed the title as fans started to speculate that Black Diamond = Dark crystal. Obviously, fans got it right otherwise there would be no change.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mielikki on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:09 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@ EchoBase
Oooh trIXie  what could it mean ????!!! I keep thinking of pixie Cos it rhymes lol!!!!!

Any other meanings?
@AhsokaTano

A wild guess would be that the “tr(i)” stand for the third part of the trilogy and “IX” is obviously 9. Maybe the last “ie” part has a special meaning too.

If you take out the IX “trie” remains so maybe tri->3 e->episode?

Last edited by Mielikki on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Mielikki
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:09 am

@vaderito wrote:TrIXie means nothing. They changed the title as fans started to speculate that Black Diamond = Dark crystal. Obviously, fans got it right otherwise there would be no change.
@vaderito

oooh!  So the plot of The Dark Crystal is a huge hint....Very cool.  Of course, I know not an exact remake, yet a huge inspiration.
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:16 am

@vaderito wrote:TrIXie means nothing. They changed the title as fans started to speculate that Black Diamond = Dark crystal. Obviously, fans got it right otherwise there would be no change.
@vaderito

"Mr. Abrams, we have an issue. Fans seem to have inexplicably cracked the code name Beverse Lanidala."
"...dammit."

Smile

(In all seriousness, J.J. seems pretty obsessed with concealing spoilers and Black Diamond was one of those titles that seemed to signify a ton of probably accurate symbolic interpretations of what was going to happen in IX, so I'm not surprised it was changed. It always seemed like too huge a potential clue to begin with.)

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:33 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@vaderito

oooh!  So the plot of The Dark Crystal is a huge hint....Very cool.  Of course, I know not an exact remake, yet a huge inspiration.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yeah, beyond the Dark Crystal connection, there is also all this meaning with a black diamond, that though porous and somewhat corruptible, it's also like the strongest diamond there is and carries all the positive attributes of a regular diamond. Basically, I think those kinds of diamonds are incredibly rare (can be found in only two places in the world) and are so strong that they are used for industry purposes. So it was totally Ben Solo, a diamond in the rough.

Further, in some cultures a black diamond signifies good fortune and the reconciliation of marriage. I don't know if this played a role in LF's thinking or not, but the whole marriage thing works for both the Dark Crystal and Reylo.

It's basically the joining of opposing sides to bring peace and that Ben is as strong as they come.

Also, as for that Legends of the Fall explanation for Space Bear, I don't believe that for a second. They picked a panda, not the freaking Grizzly that kills Tristan (Brad Pitt). Pandas are a symbol of yin and yang. That's Rey and Kylo. They just don't want to reveal that yet.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:40 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
@vaderito

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yeah, beyond the Dark Crystal connection, there is also all this meaning with a black diamond, that though porous and somewhat corruptible, it's also like the strongest diamond there is and carries all the positive attributes of a regular diamond. Basically, I think those kinds of diamonds are incredibly rare (can be found in only two places in the world) and are so strong that they are used for industry purposes. So it was totally Ben Solo, a diamond in the rough.

Further, in some cultures a black diamond signifies good fortune and the reconciliation of marriage. I don't know if this played a role in LF's thinking or not, but the whole marriage thing works for both the Dark Crystal and Reylo.

It's basically the joining of opposing sides to bring peace and that Ben is as strong as they come.

Also, as for that Legends of the Fall explanation for Space Bear, I don't believe that for a second. They picked a panda, not the freaking Grizzly that kills Tristan (Brad Pitt). Pandas are a symbol of yin and yang. That's Rey and Kylo. They just don't want to reveal that yet.
@SoloSideCousin

Same, their reasoning for it was so lame. I'm like seriously? I cannot be convinced otherwise. From space bear we werelike yin yang!! and voila, they literally made a yin yang symbol in the movie.
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 10:58 am

The name is spelt in the article like this: trIXie, so it's an obvious connection to it being 9, but other than that, not much else. Wouldn't be surprised if it was something personal to JJ e.g. name of colleague/friend etc. as he tends to do that. Trixie also sounds like trick, lol. Other than Space Bear for TLJ, they don't really seem to have any plot related meaning on the SW films.

The Force Awakens –
FOODLES PRODUCTION (UK) LIMITED – AVCO (Where J.J. saw A New Hope – Source: Making Star Wars)

Rogue One –
LUNAK HEAVY INDUSTRIES (UK) LIMITED – Los Alamos (Birth place of the atomic bomb / Birth of the Death Star)

Solo –
STANNUM 50 LABS (UK) LIMITED – Red Cup (As in the iconic American party SOLO red cups)

Those are the reasons in the article.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum