Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Ok I wasn’t sure where to post this and because this place didn’t appear in Solo I really think now it’s gonna appear in episode 9 especially as Star Wars Twitter
Has just given the main village in Batuu a name now and tweeted this :

So am predicting either the resistance ( now rebellion ) is hiding here from first order or kylo ends up on the run from first order here or rey ( and maybe Kylo finds her ?) . This is a place you hide from the first order as the Star Wars databank tells us :

Batuu I reckon is gonna be very significant in episode 9.
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:02 pm

@DeeBee wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:
@Kylo Rey wrote:So new pics of Daisy out there and apparently she has grown out her hair pretty long and it's past her shoulders now. She could get a haircut but I think she been growing it out for a while now from the pics of her we've seen over the past few months. IX starts filming next month. She did say though that she's had some downtime for the first time in a long time between December and IX filming that and she was experimenting with fashion/different styles so she might just cut it. Who knows.
@Kylo Rey
I’d be cool to see Rey with slightly longer hair Approves . Regarding possible time jump, though, I still say it means nothing unless she’s grown it past her waist or bum Razz .
@nana7marie

I would love to see Rey with longer hair! I could see her with Padme like hair.. fighting with the style Padme had at the end of Revenge of the Sith.
As was the case with the whole JB growing his hair out not meaning anything on it's own- Daisy having longer hair alone doesn't tell us much alone, other than -at some point she has longer hair - She could be growing it for an epilogue (ahem- her wedding!!), cut it and then film the rest of the movie. or it could be a vision or a dream of the future with Ben and Reylo babies... SW can be trippy!

I do hope we will eventually find out the status of the time jump between TLJ and IX it will make for better speculating if we can at least know this.
@DeeBee

Kelly's hair is also a lot longer. That's the main thing that has made me think there really will be a time jump.
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 pm

This is interesting and pretty big. Anyone here read Legends of Luke Skywalker?

That poster is host of the 'What the Force' podcast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/8pp9pk/unanswered_mysteries_in_canon/?st=JI7T5ID2&sh=9a0c6993
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:11 pm

@ kylo Rey
Yep I’ve read legends of luke skywalker( felt I had to after last Jedi to make sense of what happens to him and who he was ) and know story he’s talking about - it’s after the battle of Jakku where all is lost for the empire - an empire soldier crashes ( whole tale is told from his perspective) in a Star destroyer on Jakku and is seriously injured . Luke helps him and spends some time with him ( Only you realise Luke is force projecting for days at a time because he disappears at the end)and the empire soldier is very suspicious of him at first but slowly comes to believe ie he sees Luke walk on water etc and do miraculous things . The soldier finds himself again , breaks down and realised some of what he learnt was propaganda and brain washing and when Luke disappears he’s a changed man and sets up a new faith of the force. It’s really moving actually and beautifully written . It’s really powerful . The man goes from empire official to
Complete believer in the force and questions his whole life . Ken liu’s prose is beautiful( it made me download his other non Star Wars fantasy books Cos of it ). If they are thinking of doing something like this with Ben I will cry my eyes out!
Sorry just added some more - the story reminds me of Robert de niro’s Redemption story in the mission film and also Simba in the lion king becoming what he is meant to be .
Ps/ with the legends of Luke Skywalker you’re never sure if the stories are true but that’s not the point of the book - it’s to show how Luke profoundly changes the lives of these people and they believe it to be true . The kids at the end of last Jedi are in the book too as the book starts where last Jedi ended where they are talking about legends of Luke .
Sent from Topic'it App
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:26 am

@AhsokaTano wrote:@ kylo Rey
Yep I’ve read legends of luke skywalker( felt I had to after last Jedi to make sense of what happens to him and who he was ) and know story he’s talking about - it’s after the  battle of Jakku where all is lost for the empire - an empire soldier crashes ( whole tale  is told from his perspective) in a Star destroyer on Jakku and is seriously injured . Luke helps him and spends some time with him ( Only you realise Luke is force projecting for days at a time because he disappears at the end)and the empire soldier is very suspicious of him at first but slowly comes to believe ie he sees Luke walk on water etc and do miraculous things . The soldier finds himself again , breaks down and realised some of what he learnt was propaganda and brain washing and when Luke disappears he’s a changed man and sets up a new  faith of the force. It’s really moving actually and beautifully written . It’s really powerful . The man goes from empire official to
Complete believer in the force and questions his whole life . Ken liu’s prose is beautiful( it made me download his other non Star Wars fantasy books Cos of it ). If they are thinking of doing something like this with Ben I will cry my eyes out!
Sorry just added some more - the story reminds me of Robert de niro’s Redemption story in the mission film and also Simba in the lion king becoming what he is meant to be .
Ps/ with the legends of Luke Skywalker you’re never sure if the stories are true but that’s not the point of the book - it’s to show how Luke profoundly changes the lives of these people and they believe it to be true . The kids at the end of last Jedi are in the book too as the book starts where last Jedi ended where they are talking about legends of Luke .
Sent from Topic'it App
@AhsokaTano

Thanks! Wow, that does sound beautiful. It reminded you of Simba? That's interesting as it reminded me of that Reddit leaker who said Kylo's arc in IX was going to be Hamlet meets Disney (which is pretty much Lion King). I think this is a pretty big deal as it's the first time a LFL author has come out and said that they are referencing/parallel Kylo when writing, and this is supposed to be an allegory for his redemption. That just seems very specific to me. Metaphorical backstory too. Hmmm.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:56 am

@Kylo Rey

I read it and thought there were several metaphors for Ben, including the one @AhsokaTano mentioned above. Posted about a big one over here:
http://www.reyloskyforum.net/t793p75-discussion-last-shot-a-han-and-lando-novel-by-daniel-jose-older

Further down that page @SoloSideCousin brought up the parallel between Ben and the Phylanx Redux Transmitter from Last Shot, so I posted that quote.

And here’re some more interesting details from Legends of Luke I put on Twitter. I think there is a deliberate parallel between Luke/Aya and Ben/Rey.

Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:33 am

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/06/classic-star-wars-character-returning-for-episode-ix/

Don’t know how reliable the source is, but I’m all in for Lando.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:54 am

@EchoBase
You beat me to it Smile
I just saw this and was gonna post it . Wow really hope Billy dee Williams is gonna be in it - that would tie in with info recently where he said he had started a health and fitness regime - personal training etc ( like Carrie and Mark did for sequel trilogy ). It would also tie in with some of the casting rumours we heard for episode 9 for a twenty some thing African American woman in a leadership role ( lando ‘s daughter?).
If this is all true it bodes very well for Ben’s redemption because if we go back to lando’s gift to Ben as a baby ( think it’s in the last aftermath book) it’s a key to a locker that has a blaster and a note to lando telling him where to find him if he’s ever in trouble.
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

Just wondering- wouldnt Lando's daughter be part twi'lek since he settled with Kaasha? (Twi'lek woman). That would be interesting to see Smile

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:37 pm

@ Riri
That would be interesting Smile
Am hoping we get Jacen syndulla too in episode 9 who is also half twilek. Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 pm

I'am all for Unca Wanwo in IX!!!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Wooh Uncle wanwo makes me excited because its probably the only character from the old gen on who Kylo is not angry at(I think) so their meeting could potentially be really funny and show Ben with someone else who hasn’t hurt him in the past.
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:22 pm

The rumour about the African American woman being cast was not from a reliable source. I believe they were also the same website to say that Mara Jade casting (or at least codename) was happening and Matt Martin already debunked that. Fantha Tracks has a good track record though, so I would consider this our first legit rumour. Also ties in with Billy Dee Williams undergoing training/fitness regime recently. I'm very much on board with this! It bodes really well for Bendemption considering all the tidbits in the canon. It could be a payoff to Lando's message and gift to him as a child, as @AhsokaTano mentioned. Kylo doesn't really have a reason to hate him/be disillusioned towards him, unlike the rest of his family. It would be a crime not to reunite them. Particularly as it could fill the void left by Leia somewhat. It's a great reason to have him beyond just fanservice.

@SkyStar Right?!? They actually have a really good relationship (as far as we know). The GA might be confused lol. Could you imagine Kylo calling him Uncle Lando lmao.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:35 pm

@Kylo Rey I imagine Kylo sulking on a throne and Lando appearing like - kid, you are in big trouble. Very Happy
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:03 pm

My headcanon is Kylo and Rey running from the FO and going to Lando for help like HanLeia in ESB. Laughing
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 pm

@ rawpowah
I like your head canon Smile
I would add - Ben and rey go on the run and find the locker with the blaster ( something must happen to kylo’s lightsaber at this point because why would he need the blaster ?or maybe He takes it anyway because the more armed they are against the first order the better )and the note and the note gives them co-ordinates to Batuu ( where people go who want to hide from the first order ) to meet uncle lando ... Smile
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:51 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:I'am all for Unca Wanwo in IX!!!
@Darth_Awakened

Me too!!!! cheers I wasn't getting my hopes up about a return from BDW given his health, but this would be great. He was signing autographs last year at SWC, which also bodes well for this.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Fingers crossed it's true and we're seeing Lando and preferably his Twi'lek wife or daughter if he has one!

Then, the other hand's fingers crossed that they're not killing either him or Chewie off. Razz
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Fingers crossed it's true and we're seeing Lando and preferably his Twi'lek wife or daughter if he has one!

Then, the other hand's fingers crossed that they're not killing either him or Chewie off. Razz
@Darth Dingbat

I can't imagine that Chewie is getting killed off any time soon with Joonas having slid so seamlessly into the role. That feels like an "investment" in Chewie, FWIW.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:Fingers crossed it's true and we're seeing Lando and preferably his Twi'lek wife or daughter if he has one!

@Darth Dingbat

I can't imagine that Chewie is getting killed off any time soon with Joonas having slid so seamlessly into the role. That feels like an "investment" in Chewie, FWIW.
@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed totally. And if we think fans rioted when Han Solo died (hence the HE KILLED HAN SOLO COMMENTS AD NAUSEUM), imagine what would happen if they killed Chewie off. I have yet to meet a fan who's face doesn't light up when you mention the name Chewbacca.

Hell. I'll riot. Nobody kills Chewie off. I'm probably feel as strongly about this *almost* as strongly about the prospect of Ben dying. Ain't no way that's going to happen.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

Agreed totally. And if we think fans rioted when Han Solo died (hence the HE KILLED HAN SOLO COMMENTS AD NAUSEUM), imagine what would happen if they killed Chewie off. I have yet to meet a fan who's face doesn't light up when you mention the name Chewbacca.

Hell. I'll riot. Nobody kills Chewie off. I'm probably feel as strongly about this *almost* as strongly about the prospect of Ben dying. Ain't no way that's going to happen.
@IoJovi

And let's not forget that "Star Wars is made for kids". The only reason that my 6-year-old has any interest in the Han Solo movie is because we told her that Chewie has a big part in it. She could care less about Han or Lando or the new characters.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 pm

So my twitter TL is a mixture of World Cup football updates and people's confusion/anxiety over big SW accounts (like MSW) posting cryptic tweets and gifs possibly referencing big SW news dropping. Jason tweeted 'I feel a great disturbance in the force' and in reply to someone asking if this was a reference to a Trump Space Force joke (lol) or something actually happening he replied 'Star Wars fandom loves to shoot the messenger'...
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:31 pm

@kylo Rey
Ooh! I wonder what it is ??? I guess we’ll find out soon enough .
AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 pm

@Kylo Rey What are the hints? I really dislike this kind of cryptic behavior from insiders. It's so petty and manipulative.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:40 pm

@rawpowah wrote:@Kylo Rey What are the hints? I really dislike this kind of cryptic behavior from insiders. It's so petty and manipulative.
@rawpowah

To be fair, though, Jason has actually received death threats for breaking "scoops" that didn't go down well with the fandom. Now, he doesn't necessarily need to tease, but he has valid reasons for being wary with news that he anticipates will be unpopular.

In any case, I'm guessing that it's going to be an announcement of a Leia recast. Jason tweeted a thing shortly after that from Todd Fisher where Todd was saying that he hoped that Leia would appear in IX.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum