Timeline of what can we expect to see, from now until December 2019

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Timeline of what can we expect to see, from now until December 2019

Post by snufkin on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:21 am

@Kessel wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:For Reylos, I think it will be very interesting to see:

1) if KMT is re-signed and Rose brought back. That would be a death blow to FinnRey.  Because contrary to what some people have written, they're not wasting time and narrative fuel on a suspense-free love triangle.
2) The first young female character signed, and if it's a hot Knight of Ren.
@Kylo Men

In general, I think any KoR casting will be a big deal. JJ has an interest in the group, so if he uses them, they will be cast well. Men or women, the people in the roles will have to be pretty damn excellent because they would be interacting a lot with Adam Driver and probably to a lesser extent, Domhnall Gleeson. Those actors can't be mediocre. The contrast would show too much between Driver and them. Also, JJ casts beautifully.

I mean think of it this way. You start getting some hungry, seriously talented 20-to-early 30-something actors in those roles, and the FO side because even more interesting, while the Resistance looks even more boring.  

I mean I'd love it, because Reylo and some of the KoR could become the new center of things and Hux and other KoR their opponents. You would have serious players all around and people like Finn and Rose would need to hook up with Reylo, but I can't see them giving up on that near-dead horse known as the Resistance,  so there would be risk of serious imbalance there, unless they started getting more Cassians and less Kumbaya for the Resistance.
@SoloSideCousin

Totally, especially the bolded. If the KOR are even moderately developed characters and well cast, it’s game over on which side of this conflict will be more compelling (and with cooler outfits).

I’ll be very interested to see what casting news we get as more info comes out.
@Kessel

Hot or KoR or not, if they're all about more female characters in a variety of roles, they bumped off the one female middle manager in the First Order (RIP Phasma, never got to crack the glass ceiling of evil). Bring in somebody to fill the leadership void vacated by her and Snoke. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing Vvyen Basterd from The Young Ones throwing daggers at Hux. But the First Order's upper rankings is a sausage fest onscreen when we've been told that
Hux's mentor as a child was a WoC who rose to the rank of General in the Imperial Forces. Or Cienna Ree in Lost Stars.

As for Finn and Rose, girl saved his damn life when he was gonna do something incredibly stupid and pointless. So Hell no he better not even think about breaking up with her in IX. Besides, the relationship I'm dying to see with those characters will be Rose and Rey getting to be buddies. Because so far on screen they've only had Padme and her handmaidens (who you didn't really see kicking it and just being pals) and then Leia and Holdo for female friendships. If we don't get at least one non-dead mother in the franchise depending on what they do with Leia, for god(dess)'s sake at least throw us one evil FO lady and Rose and Rey treating Finn like a 3rd wheel in their friendship.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 4:28 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
Crystalfox wrote:I just took it as Rian meant that Rey and Kylo's love story will be different from Han and Leia's love story. I didn't read it as there will be no love story at all. I think the fact that Rian took the time to do some damage control means that their love story is very important. Because if it wasn't important, Rian wouldn't have bothered to clarify things.

Edit. Now that I'm reading the exact quote again, I also wonder what Rian meant by "unrequited". I can't remember if Han and Leia got together in the 2nd OT film or not. If they didn't, maybe that's what he means?
@Crystalfox
When Rian clarified on twitter, he was adamant that he intended "Han to Leia" and "unrequited" to be taken as two separate, unconnected thoughts. Basically he was saying there wouldn't be a Han-Leia-esque romance or any kind of unrequited love. And he was right. There's nothing like Han and Leia in TLJ and there's definitely no unrequited love. It is very much requited. Wink
@MyOnlyHope

Aha, thank you. That makes sense. Very Happy
Edit. That means Reylo is confirmed by Rian. Shocked Unless he's talking about Finn and Rose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 5:24 am

@Xylo Ren wrote:Novel and Novel-gate type things in March

Forces of Destiny and appropriate gates in March

DVD comes out, new observations and meta to follow

Possible Star Wars Celebration location and date announcement May 4th

Filming in June

Filming gates and leaks to follow

Nothing else until Star Wars Celebration, to be honest

Teaser drops at SWC (most likely April or May 2019)

Vanity Fair and ensuing gates in May

Leaked pics of ornaments, legos, and promo art in July-August

Possible content at Disney's D23 in July

Force Friday in September and timeline speculation explodes

Trailer in October, gates, and everyone loses their sh*t

Press tours, interviews, etc in December

Final trailer in December and sh*t hits the fan

We all cry cuz it's over
@Xylo Ren

lol!

Thank you for this I'am laughing like crazy and also looking for a remote island to exile myself.
I really think another gate will kill me.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 3:43 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Filming in June

We all cry cuz it's over
@Xylo Ren

lol!

Thank you for this I'am laughing like crazy and also looking for a remote island to exile myself.
@Darth_Awakened

I forgot to add "Title Announced- Jan 2019" I'm gonna edit to add that.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 3:55 pm

I bet the Reylo fandom will get crazy from 6th March again......ME INCLUDED. Stretcher
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 3:56 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Filming in June

We all cry cuz it's over
@Xylo Ren

lol!

@Darth_Awakened

@Xylo Ren

I like to add as well:
May-June 2018 first FAFs on reddit (gates included)
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 6:22 pm

Here's a handy gif to review every time something comes up, like Reddit 'spoilers' or an article from noted Star Wars expert Mike Zeroh (though I hear he's teaching this semester at Fandom University)

It's two years, so gotta pace yourselves when it comes to the wait. I'd add to the list, not paying attention to whatever Vanity Fair or Rolling Stone publishes for their exclusive access. Because it's essentially a public relations release with no real actual information, just the writer's spin through their particular fandom goggles.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:32 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Filming in June

We all cry cuz it's over
@Xylo Ren

lol!

@Darth_Awakened

@Xylo Ren

I like to add as well:
May-June 2018 first FAFs on reddit (gates included)
@Darth_Awakened

I'm excited to live through all of this with you guys again!
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:37 pm

@snufkin wrote:Here's a handy gif to review every time something comes up, like Reddit 'spoilers' or an article from noted Star Wars expert Mike Zeroh (though I hear he's teaching this semester at Fandom University)

It's two years, so gotta pace yourselves when it comes to the wait. I'd add to the list, not paying attention to whatever Vanity Fair or Rolling Stone publishes for their exclusive access. Because it's essentially a public relations release with no real actual information, just the writer's spin through their particular fandom goggles.
@snufkin
Also from fandom university professor Colton a.k.a. Wayward Jedi, re: my favourite take on Rey and Kylo resonating and the importance of platonic friendship in epic space operas. He's teaching a class on internet sarcasm this semester.

They resonate. But not too much. It has an upper limit that peaks off just as it reaches platonic friendship, because that's a rock-solid story befitting a saga 42 years in the making.

Keep your eyes peeled on how these two people go excitingly from mortal enemies to best friends to achieve a cosmic balance the likes of which we have never seen.

Rian Johnson has promised a shocking story. Nothing will shock you more than when Kylo and Rey go from enemies to friends!

You'll be on the edge of your seat when Kylo delivers the most epic line of the film, "Rey, I just wanted to be your friend so bad that I had to save your life!"

(I actually love this so much and would take him as my professor).
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 8:59 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Here's a handy gif to review every time something comes up, like Reddit 'spoilers' or an article from noted Star Wars expert Mike Zeroh (though I hear he's teaching this semester at Fandom University)

@snufkin
Also from fandom university professor Colton a.k.a. Wayward Jedi, re: my favourite take on Rey and Kylo resonating and the importance of platonic friendship in epic space operas. He's teaching a class on internet sarcasm this semester.

They resonate. But not too much. It has an upper limit that peaks off just as it reaches platonic friendship, because that's a rock-solid story befitting a saga 42 years in the making.

Keep your eyes peeled on how these two people go excitingly from mortal enemies to best friends to achieve a cosmic balance the likes of which we have never seen.

Rian Johnson has promised a shocking story. Nothing will shock you more than when Kylo and Rey go from enemies to friends!

You'll be on the edge of your seat when Kylo delivers the most epic line of the film, "Rey, I just wanted to be your friend so bad that I had to save your life!"

@FrolickingFizzgig

ah yes, platonic Force pals. As in "Rey I wanted to be your platonic Force friend so bad that I outwitted, betrayed, and murdered the galaxy's most powerful Darkside Force User after he ordered me, as the master and leader of the Darkside/political order I've pledged myself to as a space knight, to murder you as a my final blood oath to the cause. But I just did to him what grandpa did to Samuel L. Jackson in the PT because I'd really miss your funny Facebook posts."

Needless to say, Fandom University very badly needs to offer classes on Gatekeeping 101 (it'd be a multi-disciplinary offering in Literature/Cinema Studies/Women's Studies), The Female Gaze in Narrative Cinema, and Narrative Analysis 101 for Podcasters.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm

@snufkin wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@snufkin

@FrolickingFizzgig

ah yes, platonic Force pals. As in "Rey I wanted to be your platonic Force friend so bad that I outwitted, betrayed, and murdered the galaxy's most powerful Darkside Force User after he ordered me, as the master and leader of the Darkside/political order I've pledged myself to as a space knight, to murder you as a my final blood oath to the cause. But I just did to him what grandpa did to Samuel L. Jackson in the PT because I'd really miss your funny Facebook posts."

Needless to say, Fandom University very badly needs to offer classes on Gatekeeping 101 (it'd be a multi-disciplinary offering in Literature/Cinema Studies/Women's Studies), The Female Gaze in Narrative Cinema, and Narrative Analysis 101 for Podcasters.
@snufkin
I hear Mike Zeroh is teaching "Half-a$$ed 'leaking' 101: how to become a successful Youtube theorist through little to no effort".
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:17 pm

@snufkin

They need a teacher to show them their place in all this lol!

I'm currently sipping a margarita with extra salt Mwehe , enjoying the calm before the hype machine for IX starts. I'm pretty sure I have a few grey hairs after the ups and downs we experienced these last few years.
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm

@Tex - I think you just came up with the slogan for Fandom University!  

We'll get the hype machine for Solo next. Which fingers crossed is good. Because I've always liked Kasdan's writings and hearing him talk in podcasts since TFA came out is such a treat.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 9:56 pm

If there's anything learned from the wait for TLJ:

1. MSW cannot be trusted with their story "leaks" anymore. Their only strong insider is in toys, so their leaks on the characters' appearances will be correct but that's about it. If they come out with a story or plot leak for IX, take it with a ginormous grain of salt. Cliff scene, anyone? Pay attention when they start popping out sketches of character costumes, though, because they'll probably be legit. Does anyone remember when we got their first sketches of character appearances?

Also, to be fair, I think they were the first ones who said an insider told them something interesting was going on with the Kylo and Rey dynamic ("and it's not romance", lol). I'm betting they heard wind of their Force connection. I think MSW may have also been the first ones to say they heard something about Luke being a grumpy old man who doesn't want to teach Rey? So I guess the moral is pay attention to what people like Jason Ward say they've heard around, but know it could be wrong.

2. We're not going to get anything substantial until the movie is almost out. The days of huge leaks months in advance like TFA seem to be gone, and they'll want to have IX on lockdown more than anything else

3. Expect the people who do have real early leaks, like BothanSpy on Reddit, to go silent on the matter quite promptly. That, in itself, is a sign (I don't know why Disney would do that if they really were the reason why BothanSpy clammed up. They're just shooting themselves in the foot because everyone now knows the person they silenced was legit)

4. If it comes from 4chan, it's wrong. Every now and then 4chan will have something legit for an upcoming movie, but probably not for Star Wars anymore. I don't think one 4chan TLJ leak even bordered on correct

5. The first substantial leaks will come from someone getting their hands on the Visual Dictionary early (by a couple of weeks at best, though), usually employees of stores that got in an early shipment of them. But after TLJ, it's possible that they'll push the date of it back until a decent amount of time after IX's premiere. Hopefully not!

6. As we get closer to release, there will be fake leakers who are very, very dedicated to their lies. They'll create what amounts to pages and pages of fake story while answering questions about their "viewing". Don't think people would never do that, because they will and they'll get far more into it and spend more time on it than you'd expect.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:40 pm

BUT WHAT ABOUT NEWS FROM JAKKU???? lol!
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 11:12 pm

@ZioRen
Great list. I would also add these for the new Reylo:

7. Disregard all non-affiliated opinions and interpretations. There are going to be a ton of pointless think-pieces written about every aspect of TLJ and every fanboy and their cocker spaniel is going to give their two-cents on what's going to happen going forward. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. Whether they have an affiliated Twitter account, are an actress or writer or well-known personality of any kind doesn't matter. While Brian Kersinger's mashups are obviously really fun and WTFery like Petri's "oh, honey, no" is annoying, neither have bearings on the future of the story. 

8. Don't let anybody tell you to "check your expectations". This is a form of in-fandom gatekeeping we've experienced before. After two films of build-up and romantic development I doubt any of us is in this to see Rey and Kylo's relationship dropped and Kylo turned into nothing but a villain for the Reysistance to crush. Not that this is even a possibility, but there are fans out there who will try to tell you to manage your expectations. It's just a movie. While we can feel very invested it's always important to remember that we are consumers of a work of entertainment. We don't owe that work anything and never will.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 11:42 pm

@ZioRen wrote:

6. As we get closer to release, there will be fake leakers who are very, very dedicated to their lies. They'll create what amounts to pages and pages of fake story while answering questions about their "viewing". Don't think people would never do that, because they will and they'll get far more into it and spend more time on it than you'd expect.
@ZioRen

To add to this point, for TLJ we even saw people creating convincing sock accounts and/or working with friends on other boards (i.e. reddit) to corroborate a "leak". Just because multiple message board accounts "confirm" something, it doesn't make that leak true.

@snufkin

Remember when we were all bummed that David Kamp wrote VF's Star Wars articles instead of Joanna Robinson? Laughing (Granted, she probably at least would have been more professional about quoting people...)
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 12:21 am

@ISeeAnIsland How long ago that was. I think after following both her and Breznican on social media for awhile, it's pretty clear that they're both coming from the angles of being fans and bringing their expectations as fans to what they write. He started pushing the idea that Rey was Obi-Wan's granddaughter back in the Summer of 2015 and it sounded credible because he supposedly had insider connections with Lucasfilm. Turns out they were just contemplating a standalone movie, nothing to do with Rey. As for Robinson, yeah that's as big a disappointment as Petri's whole condescending attitude mentioned above. But the same situation as what Breznican wrote for EW, it's bringing their own experience and perspective as a fan to the table. For me, the moment where I was like "yeah this isn't a well-thought-out/argued analysis" and I stopped following her on Twitter is when she went off on some riff about how it was like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and/or Avatar the series. Which sure, there are a lot of you here who love both show who've made analogies. But none of you have based your entire argument on anything being a one-to-one analogue and leave it at that. It's like the posters circa 2 years ago on Reddit who'd make arguments where we were like "yeah you've been watching too much GoT and this is an entirely different tone/genre/type of story." It's simply one example of a certain type of character arc and relationship which the characters could potentially follow. It definitely sucks that VF's coverage is a glorified PR blowjob in comparison to the brilliance of the cover stories Rolling Stone did for the OT. At the very least, I'm pretty disappointed that we haven't seen anything relating the change in leadership and corporate culture in LF to there being more female characters and stories told in the ST. Or any type of discussion about the female gaze and part of Rey's story being a female power fantasy (instead of being like Petri and Robinson tsk-tsking that it's a cautionary tale for young women). Although you know who's really egregiously wrong? The former AV Club writer who reviews movies for Vox wrote his whole TFA review about how Rey was Luke's daughter. And his TLJ review? Maybe her parents are Nerf Herders, but that it's not to be taken as gospel because you can't trust Kylo Ren so it's probably going to be JJ who reveals her parentage. Can't wait for what he says in his review of IX when Rey's still the daughter of dead alcoholic junk traders.

Of course what would've been really amazing would be if JD Rinzler was still blogging about his experiences with LF and the PT. Just the stories around the corporate culture back in the OT when people were dropping acid while working on the films (or how his father worked for Rolling Stone when it was headquartered in San Francisco) was fascinating. But you know that he had a visit from Disney's lawyers and that's why it disappeared.

@FrolickingFizzgig Speaking of fandom university and managing expectations - I have a hard time accepting that Luke and Vader will ever love each other.

Yeah, I know that he's Luke's dad and all, but he's evil, and instead of doing what was right for his son, he chopped his hand off to try and get him to rule the galaxy with him. He tortured Luke's best friend and his sister, and he stood by and did nothing while the Death Star wiped out his daughter's planet.

What this film really showed us is that Luke would rather die than become anything more than enemies with his pops.

Sure, okay, I'll go out on a limb and say that there's a small chance that Luke will develop some sort of family love for his dad in Episode VI, but he'll still probably have to kill him or Vader will have to die, and that will be the end of it. Luke definitely won't think his father is worth saving or anything, and he knows that the rest of the galaxy wouldn't be okay with Vader becoming good again so there's virtually no chance Luke tries to save his dad and keep him alive and take him back to the Rebellion. They would hang him for war crimes immediately, as they should.

The most likely story scenario based on what we have is that Luke and Darth Vader's relationship in the next film will be totally static and unchanging. Darth Vader had his chance in this film. He found out he had a son, and rather than feel any sort of remorse or try to make things right, he literally unhands him and goes back to being a part of the Empire.

Star Wars films are just straight up good versus evil stories. There's no room for someone like Darth Vader changing sides. That's too gray and would confuse the kiddies. Darth made his choice this film, the next film he should have to live with that choice.

Look, I can sympathize with the people who want Luke and Vader to find some sort of love for each other again, but it's just not going to happen based on what the story has shown us so far. There's a place for the more morally grey stories, but Star Wars isn't it. A person is either good, or they are evil.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 8:11 am

Adding a couple more on "what to expect" going forward:

9. Japanese marketing will start about two months before the movie's release, shortly after the theatrical trailer drops and around the time the international trailer is revealed. Seeing a movie in the theatre is very expensive in Japan so Japanese locals are not about secrets. They want to know exactly what they're going to see. This is why Eastern marketing is by far the most accurate. Korea spoiled the Force bond and hinted at romantic Reylo and Renperor in a single piece of online marketing (a character relationship chart and plot summary released about two weeks before the film's premier). 

10. The early Vanity Fair and EW articles may include some kind of over-emphasis on certain character relationships. This will be a form of misdirection (i.e. emphasizing certain points of the plot in order to avoid emphasizing other points). It's possible that they'll remain hush-hush about Rey and Kylo until the final marketing stretch... or maybe not because the circumstances are a little different this time around. I guess we'll see.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 12:42 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Adding a couple more on "what to expect" going forward:

9. Japanese marketing will start about two months before the movie's release, shortly after the theatrical trailer drops and around the time the international trailer is revealed. Seeing a movie in the theatre is very expensive in Japan so Japanese locals are not about secrets. They want to know exactly what they're going to see. This is why Eastern marketing is by far the most accurate. Korea spoiled the Force bond and hinted at romantic Reylo and Renperor in a single piece of online marketing (a character relationship chart and plot summary released about two weeks before the film's premier). 

10. The early Vanity Fair and EW articles may include some kind of over-emphasis on certain character relationships. This will be a form of misdirection (i.e. emphasizing certain points of the plot in order to avoid emphasizing other points). It's possible that they'll remain hush-hush about Rey and Kylo until the final marketing stretch... or maybe not because the circumstances are a little different this time around. I guess we'll see.
@FrolickingFizzgig

And sort of on the note of 10

11. The "first scoop" in-depth exclusive articles about IX that come out closer to release will have authors who will assume character motivations and feelings and write it as if it's information they were given. They will likely be incorrect, like when Breznican started out his scoop story with a dive into Kylo's assumed initial thought process toward Rey, "He hated her, this garbage picker", etc. As we all know, he couldn't have been more wrong about how Kylo acted at the beginning of TLJ and how he felt about Rey.

Give credence to nothing in an article except what is in direct quotes from the writers and actors, and prepare for the possibility that these quotes will be pushed around into a context that suits the article's author but doesn't reflect the full truth.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:19 pm

I suspect we knight not even hear statements from JJ, KK, or LF about IX's existence until after Solo, because Solo really needs some love right now (and a lot of promo money).

Perhaps when it starts filming in June we could get some kind of acknowledgment, like JJ saying "It was over five years ago that I was brought into the Star Wars family. From the beginning, we wanted to tell a story across three films that embodied the hope and sense of adventure that has always been at the core of Star Wars, while also bringing its characters, both old and new, in fresh and exciting directions. This saga, over the course of nine films, saw the galaxy and the Jedi Order torn apart time and again, and now is the time to piece them back together once and for all. Star Wars has always been about love and optimism, and that has never rung more true than it does here. I helped to begin this journey, and Rian Johnson did a superb job at continuing it. I am beyond excited to finish the last chapter of that story." I can dream, okay? Very Happy
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 9:44 pm

platonic force friends is hilarious. Although it makes sense with a lot of society's takes on things- like yea let's have metaphorical sex and then just be friends as if nothing happened cause why not, who needs human connection anyway. You can be a strong independent person without those oh so vulnerable feelings. *rolls eyes*
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm

@rey09 wrote:platonic force friends is hilarious. Although it makes sense with a lot of society's takes on things- like yea let's have metaphorical sex and then just be friends as if nothing happened cause why not, who needs human connection anyway. You can be a strong independent person without those oh so vulnerable feelings. *rolls eyes*
@rey09

When I first delurked after seeing TFA (late Feb 2016, I was a latecomer), my standard line was "Rey doesn't have to date him and he doesn't even have to be redeemed/survive. But she'd be an idiot to not hit it at least one time after the way he kept looking at her." I mean, I figured they'd do the usual brain dead plotline where he's her sexy temptation before she goes back to the nice guy character (originally supposedly Finn, now looks like people are arguing it's Poe). Needless to say, given how much TLJ pushed both how thirsty they were for each other and on top of that, how hard they fell for each other, I was pleasantly surprised. So yes, LOL at anybody claiming their dynamic was platonic.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:38 am

Platonic yes ... !!! ROFL but.... they have seen what they do when they touch ?... I think the fact of seeing Platonic love is very superficial. Many people understand there is an attraction only if they see sex scenes.
They don't know that for a woman the first form of love and attraction born in the head. If Rey & Ben are seen each other - mentally as naked, emotions, hidden thoughts, fears and attraction, future, hopes. It is much more than sex that they shared.
However, they shared something like that for which Rey rockets from him. He kills Snokeper for her.
Obviously it is a Platonic sympathy ... Stretcher
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:59 am

@Tex wrote:@snufkin

They need a teacher to show them their place in all this lol!

I'm currently sipping a margarita with extra salt Mwehe , enjoying the calm before the hype machine for IX starts. I'm pretty sure I have a few grey hairs after the ups and downs we experienced these last few years.
@Tex
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum