Timeline of what can we expect to see, from now until December 2019

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Timeline of what can we expect to see, from now until December 2019

Post by ZioRen on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

Adding this to the "things to know in the wait for IX" list because I just thought about how this came up multiple times before TLJ and had a good chuckle.

12. Sometimes, the lighting in photos can make Adam Driver's eyes look very light. There may be promo pics of Kylo where you could swear they look almost....yellow, like Sith eyes. They are not Sith eyes. For the love of everything, they are NOT yellow and they are NOT Sith eyes.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm

I've been looking around and does anyone know when the new FoD episodes come out? There was another set of 8 announced last year for sometime this year. http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/09/11/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-new-episodes-2018/
californiagirl
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Adding this to the "things to know in the wait for IX" list because I just thought about how this came up multiple times before TLJ and had a good chuckle.

12. Sometimes, the lighting in photos can make Adam Driver's eyes look very light. There may be promo pics of Kylo where you could swear they look almost....yellow, like Sith eyes. They are not Sith eyes. For the love of everything, they are NOT yellow and they are NOT Sith eyes.
@ZioRen

Excellent point! Adam Driver does not have solid brown eyes. They are dark, but if you ever see a close up photo with good lighting, his eyes seem to run along a hazel/amber/brown spectrum. So cameras are going to pick green, brown *and* yellowish/light amber brown ... not Sith eyes, lol.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

@Starliteprism wrote:
@Tex wrote:@snufkin

They need a teacher to show them their place in all this lol!

I'm currently sipping a margarita with extra salt Mwehe , enjoying the calm before the hype machine for IX starts. I'm pretty sure I have a few grey hairs after the ups and downs we experienced these last few years.
@Tex
@Starliteprism

Yes! Perfection! I love it Razz
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Adding this to the "things to know in the wait for IX" list because I just thought about how this came up multiple times before TLJ and had a good chuckle.

@ZioRen

cheers cheers cheers Post of the month!!!
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:56 am

@ZioRen

LOL

You just made my day.

EVIL DARTH KITTY
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 7:19 am

I'm just curious: How often during filming (and before and/or after) does the production itself drop red herrings or fake information in the name of avoiding actual spoilers? Basically, will we be able to trust everything that we hear or that leaks, or is it known that Star Wars likes to mess with people in order to protect their story? I'm talking about things like filming fake scenes, or having fake script pages or storylines leak.

(I'm not counting something like Adam going to Ireland despite Kylo not being on Ahch-To because that had a purpose and the story one could glean from that appearance was essentially still the same.)

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 8:07 am

@nickandnora wrote:I'm just curious: How often during filming (and before and/or after) does the production itself drop red herrings or fake information in the name of avoiding actual spoilers? Basically, will we be able to trust everything that we hear or that leaks, or is it known that Star Wars likes to mess with people in order to protect their story? I'm talking about things like filming fake scenes, or having fake script pages or storylines leak.

(I'm not counting something like Adam going to Ireland despite Kylo not being on Ahch-To because that had a purpose and the story one could glean from that appearance was essentially still the same.)
@nickandnora
Yeah we think they do drop fake leads, at least during filming. Making Star Wars, the group that leaked 85% of TFA's plot over a year in advance, was given fake information about the Ireland shoot from a fake informant (probably a Disney employee). This person gave them a whole story about Rey and Luke fighting Kylo and the Knights of Ren on the edge of a cliff. The only real information to come out of Ireland were pictures of the Thala Siren and a description of the fight between Rey and Luke which nobody believed because MSW had more credibility at the time.

We also think sometimes leaks and hints come out purposefully. Tons of high quality Fathier shots came out of Dubrovnik because LF clearly wanted Finn to be seen with KMT's as-of-yet unnamed character. Same goes for them wanting Adam to be seen in Ireland with Mark and Daisy. That was so orchestrated.

To answer your question, we'll probably get some totally false leads including descriptions of entirely fake scenes during the actual filming of IX. The big leak groups like MSW will probably have to deal with fake informants again, so anything they come out with during filming should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 8:49 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:I'm just curious: How often during filming (and before and/or after) does the production itself drop red herrings or fake information in the name of avoiding actual spoilers? Basically, will we be able to trust everything that we hear or that leaks, or is it known that Star Wars likes to mess with people in order to protect their story? I'm talking about things like filming fake scenes, or having fake script pages or storylines leak.

@nickandnora
Yeah we think they do drop fake leads, at least during filming. Making Star Wars, the group that leaked 85% of TFA's plot over a year in advance, was given fake information about the Ireland shoot from a fake informant (probably a Disney employee). This person gave them a whole story about Rey and Luke fighting Kylo and the Knights of Ren on the edge of a cliff. The only real information to come out of Ireland were pictures of the Thala Siren and a description of the fight between Rey and Luke which nobody believed because MSW had more credibility at the time.

We also think sometimes leaks and hints come out purposefully. Tons of high quality Fathier shots came out of Dubrovnik because LF clearly wanted Finn to be seen with KMT's as-of-yet unnamed character. Same goes for them wanting Adam to be seen in Ireland with Mark and Daisy. That was so orchestrated.

To answer your question, we'll probably get some totally false leads including descriptions of entirely fake scenes during the actual filming of IX. The big leak groups like MSW will probably have to deal with fake informants again, so anything they come out with during filming should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
@MyOnlyHope

All of this.

Moreover, Lego sets are mostly designed to sell toys so they combine characters in a manner that makes them more appealing, or more deceiving. They do not have any bearing on the actual scene. For example, Lego set revealed Rey and Hux on Crait, but none of characters showed on the ground shooting blasters at ATAT (Poe, unnamed Resistance fighters) or waving lightsaber at them (Rey) did that in the movie. OTOH, characters missing from the set - Kylo and Luke - were actually fighting on the ground.

And lets not forget BTS. They like to show actors interacting which doesn't necessarily mean having scenes together or many scenes. Daisy and John were goofing on the set of that 1 scene they had together.

Interviews: just because an actor says that he/she was watching the other actor, it doesn't mean they have a significant scene together. Oscar was right that watching Mark's acting near the end of the movie was incredible but Luke didn't even notice Poe in the movie.

So part of wrong conclusions are fans themselves for jumping to conclusions because headcanons or simply trying to put things together and fill in the blanks.

But yes, deliberate fake content is slipped by studios to confuse, in the form of "inside scoops". You can consider a scoop to likely real if the scooper gets shut out quickly after the scooping and never return. Look how quickly Latino review stopped spoiling TLJ after their injured Leia/Poe threatens Holdo with the gun scoop. It was real. Ditto Bothan-Spy. Real. Mr Ghostface Lives. Real. All quiet now. MSW isn't quiet because they are given inconsequential marketing scoops and occasional fake plot scoop to put their credibility in question. All orchestrated. you can't beat the Mouse.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

@nickandnora

Some of us also believe that MSW was given fake information, particularly in regards to the Ireland shoot, and we think that some fake footage might have even been staged for the "benefit" of people watching the shooting.

There were photos taken at a distance, at one point, of something that looked like a crashed ship on a hillside, surrounded by figures dressed in black. There were obvious smoke machines around the "wreckage". Popular speculation (knowing that Adam was in Ireland at the time) was that Kylo crashed his ship and was possibly stranded on Ahch-To. This was corroborated by the fake leak of Kylo and Rey having a lightsaber fight on a cliff, while Luke took out the KoR. (It's hilarious how much detail there was to this completely fabricated sequence.)

As far as the "crashed ship" footage goes, there was absolutely nothing that made it into the final cut of TLJ that looked like what we saw in those still photographs. Maybe we'll get a deleted scene at some point that shed some light on it, but at this point, I think that "scene" was planted by LF.

Like @vaderito says, any "real" spoilers will likely come from some drive-by posting on reddit or other message board...but we likely won't be able to tell what's real until IX is out. Anything that gets leaked from an actual on-location shoot will be something that Disney/LF actually wants us to see (whether it's actually representative of something in the movie or not).
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

I can not wait for the Blu-ray to come out with the cut scenes Smile I want more
and I can not wait to read Jason Fry's novel!!!!

I will take care of the time Smile
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:24 pm

Adding to the list!

13. When we start seeing BTS clips with certain actors together on a set, it is indeed safe to assume that all of those actors have scenes filmed on that same set. HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily mean they interact in a significant way or at all. As Sleemo on Tumblr pointed out in a throwback, seeing Daisy, John, Oscar and Kelly on the same set did end up meaning they all were filmed there (as opposed to the possibility of an actor just "visiting"), but Daisy has no real interaction with Kelly.

Similarly, people swore that they saw Adam and Carrie in the same place in one of the BTS clips and that was most likely true, because I think the set was the inside of the rebel base on Crait. But it turns out they never actually interacted; both just filmed scenes in that same set so both were present.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:51 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Adding to the list!

13. When we start seeing BTS clips with certain actors together on a set, it is indeed safe to assume that all of those actors have scenes filmed on that same set. HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily mean they interact in a significant way or at all. As Sleemo on Tumblr pointed out in a throwback, seeing Daisy, John, Oscar and Kelly on the same set did end up meaning they all were filmed there (as opposed to the possibility of an actor just "visiting"), but Daisy has no real interaction with Kelly.

Similarly, people swore that they saw Adam and Carrie in the same place in one of the BTS clips and that was most likely true, because I think the set was the inside of the rebel base on Crait. But it turns out they never actually interacted; both just filmed scenes in that same set so both were present.
@ZioRen

I actually think it was something else. Carrie was in costume from the beginning of the movie not the Crait brown one. I think Rian applied the same tactics as he did with the force bond.

It was probably the moment when Leia senses Ben and he's incapable to pull the trigger. Maybe Rian wanted both of them to be on the set.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:53 am

Also adding to the list:

14. Expect fake leaks to have a bunch of information on what Kylo and Rey are up to, but nothing on the other plotlines and characters such as Finn, Rose and Poe (for which it is more difficult to make up stuff). Also expect fake leaks to treat Luke as a main character who is more important than the actual protagonists of the ST, and expect some leakers to claim they have little or no concrete information on what happens to Leia in IX (because it's something that might be difficult to guess and/or dictate the true story in IX).

15. Expect a lot of fake leaks to focus a lot on Kylo's ultimate fate. Some fake leakers will insist he's going to die, specifically to troll Kylo Ren/Reylo fans and get likes and reddit gold from fans who hate the character and ship. Some fake leakers will post Reylo friendly leaks to get likes and attention from reylo friendly places, knowing full well that when their leaks are inevitably proven to be false it will cause panic among the Reylo fandom.
rawpowah
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 11:15 am

I would love it if we get a title announcement in November as the Han Solo movie is coming out in May and not December. It would also be a great parallel with TFA schedule and way to keep Star Wars in the entertainment news cycle.

November 2018 - Title and Teaser. 

April 2019 - Celebration Trailer Teaser.

July 2019 - Comic Con and Behind the Scenes Reel.

August 2019 - Entertainment Weekly Story.

November 2019 - Full Length Trailer.

December 2019 - Episode IX!
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum