Timeline of what can we expect to see, from now until December 2019

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Timeline of what can we expect to see, from now until December 2019

Post by ZioRen on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:11 pm

Adding this to the "things to know in the wait for IX" list because I just thought about how this came up multiple times before TLJ and had a good chuckle.

12. Sometimes, the lighting in photos can make Adam Driver's eyes look very light. There may be promo pics of Kylo where you could swear they look almost....yellow, like Sith eyes. They are not Sith eyes. For the love of everything, they are NOT yellow and they are NOT Sith eyes.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm

I've been looking around and does anyone know when the new FoD episodes come out? There was another set of 8 announced last year for sometime this year. http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/09/11/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-new-episodes-2018/
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Adding this to the "things to know in the wait for IX" list because I just thought about how this came up multiple times before TLJ and had a good chuckle.

12. Sometimes, the lighting in photos can make Adam Driver's eyes look very light. There may be promo pics of Kylo where you could swear they look almost....yellow, like Sith eyes. They are not Sith eyes. For the love of everything, they are NOT yellow and they are NOT Sith eyes.
@ZioRen

Excellent point! Adam Driver does not have solid brown eyes. They are dark, but if you ever see a close up photo with good lighting, his eyes seem to run along a hazel/amber/brown spectrum. So cameras are going to pick green, brown *and* yellowish/light amber brown ... not Sith eyes, lol.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:28 pm

@Starliteprism wrote:
@Tex wrote:@snufkin

They need a teacher to show them their place in all this lol!

I'm currently sipping a margarita with extra salt Mwehe , enjoying the calm before the hype machine for IX starts. I'm pretty sure I have a few grey hairs after the ups and downs we experienced these last few years.
@Tex
@Starliteprism

Yes! Perfection! I love it Razz
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Adding this to the "things to know in the wait for IX" list because I just thought about how this came up multiple times before TLJ and had a good chuckle.

@ZioRen

cheers cheers cheers Post of the month!!!
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:56 am

@ZioRen

LOL

You just made my day.

EVIL DARTH KITTY
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 7:19 am

I'm just curious: How often during filming (and before and/or after) does the production itself drop red herrings or fake information in the name of avoiding actual spoilers? Basically, will we be able to trust everything that we hear or that leaks, or is it known that Star Wars likes to mess with people in order to protect their story? I'm talking about things like filming fake scenes, or having fake script pages or storylines leak.

(I'm not counting something like Adam going to Ireland despite Kylo not being on Ahch-To because that had a purpose and the story one could glean from that appearance was essentially still the same.)

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 8:07 am

@nickandnora wrote:I'm just curious: How often during filming (and before and/or after) does the production itself drop red herrings or fake information in the name of avoiding actual spoilers? Basically, will we be able to trust everything that we hear or that leaks, or is it known that Star Wars likes to mess with people in order to protect their story? I'm talking about things like filming fake scenes, or having fake script pages or storylines leak.

(I'm not counting something like Adam going to Ireland despite Kylo not being on Ahch-To because that had a purpose and the story one could glean from that appearance was essentially still the same.)
@nickandnora
Yeah we think they do drop fake leads, at least during filming. Making Star Wars, the group that leaked 85% of TFA's plot over a year in advance, was given fake information about the Ireland shoot from a fake informant (probably a Disney employee). This person gave them a whole story about Rey and Luke fighting Kylo and the Knights of Ren on the edge of a cliff. The only real information to come out of Ireland were pictures of the Thala Siren and a description of the fight between Rey and Luke which nobody believed because MSW had more credibility at the time.

We also think sometimes leaks and hints come out purposefully. Tons of high quality Fathier shots came out of Dubrovnik because LF clearly wanted Finn to be seen with KMT's as-of-yet unnamed character. Same goes for them wanting Adam to be seen in Ireland with Mark and Daisy. That was so orchestrated.

To answer your question, we'll probably get some totally false leads including descriptions of entirely fake scenes during the actual filming of IX. The big leak groups like MSW will probably have to deal with fake informants again, so anything they come out with during filming should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 8:49 am

@MyOnlyHope wrote:
@nickandnora wrote:I'm just curious: How often during filming (and before and/or after) does the production itself drop red herrings or fake information in the name of avoiding actual spoilers? Basically, will we be able to trust everything that we hear or that leaks, or is it known that Star Wars likes to mess with people in order to protect their story? I'm talking about things like filming fake scenes, or having fake script pages or storylines leak.

@nickandnora
Yeah we think they do drop fake leads, at least during filming. Making Star Wars, the group that leaked 85% of TFA's plot over a year in advance, was given fake information about the Ireland shoot from a fake informant (probably a Disney employee). This person gave them a whole story about Rey and Luke fighting Kylo and the Knights of Ren on the edge of a cliff. The only real information to come out of Ireland were pictures of the Thala Siren and a description of the fight between Rey and Luke which nobody believed because MSW had more credibility at the time.

We also think sometimes leaks and hints come out purposefully. Tons of high quality Fathier shots came out of Dubrovnik because LF clearly wanted Finn to be seen with KMT's as-of-yet unnamed character. Same goes for them wanting Adam to be seen in Ireland with Mark and Daisy. That was so orchestrated.

To answer your question, we'll probably get some totally false leads including descriptions of entirely fake scenes during the actual filming of IX. The big leak groups like MSW will probably have to deal with fake informants again, so anything they come out with during filming should be taken with a huge grain of salt.
@MyOnlyHope

All of this.

Moreover, Lego sets are mostly designed to sell toys so they combine characters in a manner that makes them more appealing, or more deceiving. They do not have any bearing on the actual scene. For example, Lego set revealed Rey and Hux on Crait, but none of characters showed on the ground shooting blasters at ATAT (Poe, unnamed Resistance fighters) or waving lightsaber at them (Rey) did that in the movie. OTOH, characters missing from the set - Kylo and Luke - were actually fighting on the ground.

And lets not forget BTS. They like to show actors interacting which doesn't necessarily mean having scenes together or many scenes. Daisy and John were goofing on the set of that 1 scene they had together.

Interviews: just because an actor says that he/she was watching the other actor, it doesn't mean they have a significant scene together. Oscar was right that watching Mark's acting near the end of the movie was incredible but Luke didn't even notice Poe in the movie.

So part of wrong conclusions are fans themselves for jumping to conclusions because headcanons or simply trying to put things together and fill in the blanks.

But yes, deliberate fake content is slipped by studios to confuse, in the form of "inside scoops". You can consider a scoop to likely real if the scooper gets shut out quickly after the scooping and never return. Look how quickly Latino review stopped spoiling TLJ after their injured Leia/Poe threatens Holdo with the gun scoop. It was real. Ditto Bothan-Spy. Real. Mr Ghostface Lives. Real. All quiet now. MSW isn't quiet because they are given inconsequential marketing scoops and occasional fake plot scoop to put their credibility in question. All orchestrated. you can't beat the Mouse.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 1:32 pm

@nickandnora

Some of us also believe that MSW was given fake information, particularly in regards to the Ireland shoot, and we think that some fake footage might have even been staged for the "benefit" of people watching the shooting.

There were photos taken at a distance, at one point, of something that looked like a crashed ship on a hillside, surrounded by figures dressed in black. There were obvious smoke machines around the "wreckage". Popular speculation (knowing that Adam was in Ireland at the time) was that Kylo crashed his ship and was possibly stranded on Ahch-To. This was corroborated by the fake leak of Kylo and Rey having a lightsaber fight on a cliff, while Luke took out the KoR. (It's hilarious how much detail there was to this completely fabricated sequence.)

As far as the "crashed ship" footage goes, there was absolutely nothing that made it into the final cut of TLJ that looked like what we saw in those still photographs. Maybe we'll get a deleted scene at some point that shed some light on it, but at this point, I think that "scene" was planted by LF.

Like @vaderito says, any "real" spoilers will likely come from some drive-by posting on reddit or other message board...but we likely won't be able to tell what's real until IX is out. Anything that gets leaked from an actual on-location shoot will be something that Disney/LF actually wants us to see (whether it's actually representative of something in the movie or not).
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:09 pm

I can not wait for the Blu-ray to come out with the cut scenes Smile I want more
and I can not wait to read Jason Fry's novel!!!!

I will take care of the time Smile
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 12:24 pm

Adding to the list!

13. When we start seeing BTS clips with certain actors together on a set, it is indeed safe to assume that all of those actors have scenes filmed on that same set. HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily mean they interact in a significant way or at all. As Sleemo on Tumblr pointed out in a throwback, seeing Daisy, John, Oscar and Kelly on the same set did end up meaning they all were filmed there (as opposed to the possibility of an actor just "visiting"), but Daisy has no real interaction with Kelly.

Similarly, people swore that they saw Adam and Carrie in the same place in one of the BTS clips and that was most likely true, because I think the set was the inside of the rebel base on Crait. But it turns out they never actually interacted; both just filmed scenes in that same set so both were present.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 1:51 pm

@ZioRen wrote:Adding to the list!

13. When we start seeing BTS clips with certain actors together on a set, it is indeed safe to assume that all of those actors have scenes filmed on that same set. HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily mean they interact in a significant way or at all. As Sleemo on Tumblr pointed out in a throwback, seeing Daisy, John, Oscar and Kelly on the same set did end up meaning they all were filmed there (as opposed to the possibility of an actor just "visiting"), but Daisy has no real interaction with Kelly.

Similarly, people swore that they saw Adam and Carrie in the same place in one of the BTS clips and that was most likely true, because I think the set was the inside of the rebel base on Crait. But it turns out they never actually interacted; both just filmed scenes in that same set so both were present.
@ZioRen

I actually think it was something else. Carrie was in costume from the beginning of the movie not the Crait brown one. I think Rian applied the same tactics as he did with the force bond.

It was probably the moment when Leia senses Ben and he's incapable to pull the trigger. Maybe Rian wanted both of them to be on the set.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Tue 13 Feb 2018, 8:53 am

Also adding to the list:

14. Expect fake leaks to have a bunch of information on what Kylo and Rey are up to, but nothing on the other plotlines and characters such as Finn, Rose and Poe (for which it is more difficult to make up stuff). Also expect fake leaks to treat Luke as a main character who is more important than the actual protagonists of the ST, and expect some leakers to claim they have little or no concrete information on what happens to Leia in IX (because it's something that might be difficult to guess and/or dictate the true story in IX).

15. Expect a lot of fake leaks to focus a lot on Kylo's ultimate fate. Some fake leakers will insist he's going to die, specifically to troll Kylo Ren/Reylo fans and get likes and reddit gold from fans who hate the character and ship. Some fake leakers will post Reylo friendly leaks to get likes and attention from reylo friendly places, knowing full well that when their leaks are inevitably proven to be false it will cause panic among the Reylo fandom.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 11:15 am

I would love it if we get a title announcement in November as the Han Solo movie is coming out in May and not December. It would also be a great parallel with TFA schedule and way to keep Star Wars in the entertainment news cycle.

November 2018 - Title and Teaser. 

April 2019 - Celebration Trailer Teaser.

July 2019 - Comic Con and Behind the Scenes Reel.

August 2019 - Entertainment Weekly Story.

November 2019 - Full Length Trailer.

December 2019 - Episode IX!
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 3:03 am

I wanted to ask the longer serving members who were around when TLJ was being filmed. When did you start hearing ‘leaks’ about the filming locations, apart from Pinewood? There was someone in Croatia who saw the set ? And then then Daisy/ Adam / Mark arrival in Belfast a little after that. I’m hoping as filming is imminent there will hints over the next few months.
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 3:45 am

@MrsWindu wrote:I wanted to ask the longer serving members who were around when TLJ was being filmed. When did you start hearing ‘leaks’ about the filming locations, apart from Pinewood? There was someone in Croatia who saw the set ? And then then Daisy/ Adam / Mark arrival in Belfast a little after that. I’m hoping as filming is imminent there will hints over the next few months.
@MrsWindu

I'll try to help the best I can (if my memory still serves me well).

The news on Dubrovnik filming broke around month and a half before the filming there took place.
I think it was the end of the January when it was officialy confirmed.

EDIT:
As for other two locations (a part from Ireland): Bolivia and Iceland - the news on it broke after the filiming actually took place there. I'am still not sure if any of the actors were present there.
(The trench scene on Crait was 100% filmed in the Pinewood not in Bolivia because there was a BTS photo of Gareth Edvards on the set in the studio.)
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 6:02 am

@Darth_Awakened

Hey thank you!! I shall await patiently, although if there is the merest hint they're filming in Scotland I might have to hotfoot it up there. (My son still hasn't forgiven me for not letting him skip school when we knew they were filming Spiderman Far from Home in the largest town from were we are lol)
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 8:32 am

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:I wanted to ask the longer serving members who were around when TLJ was being filmed. When did you start hearing ‘leaks’ about the filming locations, apart from Pinewood? There was someone in Croatia who saw the set ? And then then Daisy/ Adam / Mark arrival in Belfast a little after that. I’m hoping as filming is imminent there will hints over the next few months.
@MrsWindu

The news on Dubrovnik filming broke around month and a half before the filming there took place.

EDIT:
As for other two locations (a part from Ireland): Bolivia and Iceland - the news on it broke after the filiming actually took place there. I'am still not sure if any of the actors were present there.
(The trench scene on Crait was 100% filmed in the Pinewood not in Bolivia because there was a BTS photo of Gareth Edvards on the set in the studio.)
@Darth_Awakened

The Dubrovnik filming and the Ireland filming had the biggest news events to come out of the TLJ filming period - even if the latter ended up being a huge case of misdirection with Kylo never coming to Ach-To.  I feel like LFL was laughing all the way to the bank with that one, and really got their jollies with trolling the audience.  

The Dubrovnik filming I want to say began in February 2016, and included shots that included Finn and Rose on the "Space horse".  Many people (who weren't us) had mistaken KMT for Rey, but we were the ones looking at the height of the female and determined it wasn't Daisy Ridley on that "horse."  The elaborate costumes at first were covered in black robes, and it was speculated that this was Han's funeral.  After about a week, more detailed pictures began leaking, and it was clear this was either a casino planet or some type of lavish party.  We then determined that the black robes were just covers to hide the costumes from the public.

The Ireland filming began in middle to late May, and was a rollercoaster.  First you had Daisy, Adam and Mark getting off of a plane in Belfast and I think our section lost its mind.  I know I did.  Then you had MSW, presumably getting trolled by LFL, stating Kylo and the KoR crash land on Ach-To.  Jason goes onto say that Kylo is trying to kill Rey, and Luke is telling Rey to kill Kylo, but she doesn't want to.  I really hated this one because nowhere in TFA did Kylo ever give any hint he wanted to kill her even if they were on opposite sides.  Quite the opposite!

Then following that, we had figures of Kylo and Rey in an embrace on set, but it wasn't clear what the context was.  You also had a fully masked Kylo Ren running up a hill with his saber (again with the misdirection).  I heard later that the masked stuff was for a photoshoot only, but who knows.  If it was, the public never ended up seeing it.  

Then there was Rey and Kylo dual on a cliff side.  This leak came from a public onlooker from a distance, so I believe what this person ended up seeing was actually Luke and Rey dueling in the rain after he discovers hand sex.  

All and in, it was a very fun ride, and I so hope we get leaks and tidbits in the same way, misdirection or not, from Episode IX filming.  I can't wait!
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 9:08 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@MrsWindu

EDIT:
@Darth_Awakened

The Dubrovnik filming and the Ireland filming had the biggest news events to come out of the TLJ filming period - even if the latter ended up being a huge case of misdirection with Kylo never coming to Ach-To.  I feel like LFL was laughing all the way to the bank with that one, and really got their jollies with trolling the audience.  

The Dubrovnik filming I want to say began in February 2016, and included shots that included Finn and Rose on the "Space horse".  Many people (who weren't us) had mistaken KMT for Rey, but we were the ones looking at the height of the female and determined it wasn't Daisy Ridley on that "horse."  The elaborate costumes at first were covered in black robes, and it was speculated that this was Han's funeral.  After about a week, more detailed pictures began leaking, and it was clear this was either a casino planet or some type of lavish party.  We then determined that the black robes were just covers to hide the costumes from the public.

The Ireland filming began in middle to late May, and was a rollercoaster.  First you had Daisy, Adam and Mark getting off of a plane in Belfast and I think our section lost its mind.  I know I did.  Then you had MSW, presumably getting trolled by LFL, stating Kylo and the KoR crash land on Ach-To.  Jason goes onto say that Kylo is trying to kill Rey, and Luke is telling Rey to kill Kylo, but she doesn't want to.  I really hated this one because nowhere in TFA did Kylo ever give any hint he wanted to kill her even if they were on opposite sides.  Quite the opposite!

Then following that, we had figures of Kylo and Rey in an embrace on set, but it wasn't clear what the context was.  You also had a fully masked Kylo Ren running up a hill with his saber (again with the misdirection).  I heard later that the masked stuff was for a photoshoot only, but who knows.  If it was, the public never ended up seeing it.  

Then there was Rey and Kylo dual on a cliff side.  This leak came from a public onlooker from a distance, so I believe what this person ended up seeing was actually Luke and Rey dueling in the rain after he discovers hand sex.  

All and in, it was a very fun ride, and I so hope we get leaks and tidbits in the same way, misdirection or not, from Episode IX filming.  I can't wait!
@IoJovi

THANK YOU so much for jotting all that down for me!

And holy moly I can imagine there sure was a heap of speculation. I guess the forums were rife with theorising & guesswork around that time. But I'm sure glad this forum has superior analysing skills so I shall look forward to the probable misdirection and any crumbs they may cast our way.
MrsWindu
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 9:18 am

I was wondering about the Scotland filming possibility. The article about it, came out about December. I don't think it was a rag magazine, although I can't be sure. I thought it was odd that they were starting filming on Wednesday of this week and not Monday. I remember looking at the TLJ work schedule, from wonderful Sleemo (who gets all Star Wars info shared). They seem to start on Mondays and end on Fridays, like a regular work week, including travel days. I was wondering if maybe they were traveling today, setting up tomorrow, and filming on Wednesday? We shall find out, so if there is anyone in Scotland, keep your eyes and ears open.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 9:52 am

@ZioRen wrote:Adding to the list!

@ZioRen

I assume that Adam and Carrie scenes was like Reylo Force Bond. They were present to help each other emote better, since the scene was mother and son sensing each other through the Force, but they weren't going to be physically together or have a dialog.

Also, Oscar said he was watching Mark near the end of the movie and that was true. he was only watching Mark (with Carrie and Adam) but Poe didn't interact with Luke.

Ha,ha, now that carrie footage is confirmed, we will see the end of "Leia's funeral" leaks and influx of "Leia's hologram" ones. lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 5:14 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@MrsWindu

EDIT:
@Darth_Awakened

Thanks for doing this @IoJovi -- as someone who wasn't around at the time and wasn't paying attention, this was great to read....

But... this?!
Then following that, we had figures of Kylo and Rey in an embrace on set,

Really?!?! I can imagine what you are were going through. So this must have been another photoshoot we never saw?
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 7:02 pm

@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@MrsWindu

EDIT:
@Darth_Awakened

Thanks for doing this @IoJovi -- as someone who wasn't around at the time and wasn't paying attention, this was great to read....

But... this?!
Then following that, we had figures of Kylo and Rey in an embrace on set,

Really?!?! I can imagine what you are were going through. So this must have been another photoshoot we never saw?
@Dar-ren19

This whole thing was really confusing. The embracing couple had Rey and Ben’s sillouette, but their faces were hard to make out. We then saw in the same frame (it was a wide angle shot from a public viewer), that in the background, a masked Kylo was running up a hill. We had no idea at this point Ben would be ditching the mask early on, so we wrote it off as not Rey and Ben embracing. Looking back now, I do think it was Daisy and Adam, and who knows who it was in the mask. I really still can’t explain it
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 7:07 pm

@IoJovi wow, so much misdirection!! lol JJ better not be trying that stuff now Very Happy Very Happy
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum