BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 2:38 pm

The delay to Confederate is because it’s controversial... pretty sure they’re replacing that project with Star Wars at this point.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 186
Likes : 958
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by californiagirl on Tue 14 May 2019, 10:04 am

Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree498

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with them closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.


Last edited by californiagirl on Wed 15 May 2019, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1509
Likes : 7401
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 14 May 2019, 10:11 am

I am glad to hear it despite the recent bruhaha.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2884
Likes : 6746
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 14 May 2019, 11:22 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree498

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with the closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.
@californiagirl

Right?? Interesting timing....I would have waited to announce this if I were KK or Iger lol
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2041
Likes : 7810
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 33
Localisation : wherever Kylo Ren is

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 14 May 2019, 11:54 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree498

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with the closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.
@californiagirl

Right?? Interesting timing....I would have waited to announce this if I were KK or Iger lol
@SheLitAFire

If you read that whole thread, you'll see that Bob Iger is a Master of the Universe, and he is kinda right when it comes to the entertainment industry. Now he wants to buy Hulu too.  Forget about "cutting the cord", we'll just all pay Bon now, lol.

But seriously, I don't think that guy gives two f**** that the most recent episode of GoT is causing an uproar.  D&D are in his employ now, and he'll be the final word on what goes onscreen or not.  Also, I bet that he is the type of man to make a show of being fearless and isn't going to kowtow to anyone.

I also have a feeling that he likes some controversy.  He was pretty effusive about TLJ when he had to know that a certain segment of the audience would be furious.  I doubt that he expected the fanboy Rotten Tomatoes uprising, but I bet he put a lot of the blame for that on Mark Hamill, who has been nowhere to be seen lately.  He wasn't even at SWC.

I bet Bob is pretty used to winning in the end.


Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Wed 15 May 2019, 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4733
Likes : 22913
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 15 May 2019, 12:39 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@californiagirl wrote:Well, this is a tad awkward after the past couple of days, or weeks. Or years.

BREAKING NEWS: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to write and produce a new series of Star Wars - Page 3 Scree498

Interesting they say next film, not three films, even though three dates have been announced. Rian is working with the closely as he does own series, and has said he goes back to SW after Knives Out. Maybe they really are going to alternate series installments.
@californiagirl

Right?? Interesting timing....I would have waited to announce this if I were KK or Iger lol
@SheLitAFire

If you read that whole thread, you'll see that Bob Iger is a Master of the Universe, and he is kinda right when it comes to the entertainment industry. Now he wants to buy Hulu too. Forget about "cutting the cord", we'll just all pay Bon now, lol.

But seriously, I don't think that guy gives two f**** that the most recent episode of GoT is causing an uproar. D&D are in his employ now, and he'll be the final word on what goes onscreen or not. Also, I bet that he is the type of man to make of show of being fearless and isn't going to kowtow to anyone.

I also have a feeling that he likes some controversy. He was pretty effusive about TLJ when he had to know that a certain segment of the audience would be furious. I doubt that he expected the fanboy Rotten Tomatoes uprising, but I bet he put a lot of the blame for that on Mark Hamill, who has been nowhere to be seen lately. He wasn't even at SWC.

I bet Bob is pretty used to winning in the end.l

But back to D&D,
@SoloSideCousin

All well said. Very Happy

I'm not happy about D&D's involvement with SW, but I will not be ugly about it because the ugliness against Rian was awful...can't be what I dislike.

I am determined to have hope....that this criticism is having a positive effect on them...that working with Rian will have a positive effect on them (plus attending the required Campbell's Hero's Journey course LF has - something I read, hope it's true..lol)...and if all that is moot, and their script is s***, I have hope KK will fire them (and if she doesn't want to/thinks about it) Bob will.

Sigh...maybe D&D will have redemption. ??

Hope and Positivity...that is my motto with this Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 845
Likes : 2452
Date d'inscription : 2018-05-23
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum