Predictions for Episode 9

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 18 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Let The Past Die on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:52 am

@Ramblingrose

Sorry, thought you meant the first order hadn't seen him, didn't realise you meant the resistance.

The fun of this thread, is that we can explore all sorts of ideas for what we think might happen or what we wish to see happen in IX

I had a dream last night, that Rose wakes up with Amnesia regarding her interactions with Finn. Finn then reminds her she kissed him - and she's like what!? Now Finn turn to try win Rose over.... Lol

This is what happens when you read the forum before you go to sleep. It's not even something I expect to or wish to happen but thought I'd add it as it's something different and well it's as plausible as anything else I can think of. Very Happy
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 2:39 am

the trio of this trilogy are Rey, Finn and Poe.  Poe the leader so in terms of space combat scenes will he remain with the commanders? or will he enter the battle as he always did?
Finn instead will have an arc with Rose again, now that the two are a couple. Therefore we will see them together in action. Rey, on the other hand, will stay with them but will then split up when Kylo Ren enters the scene. A bit like the trio Han, Luke and Leia. For a while they were together but then they split up. Luke with Vader and Han with Leia. besides, I am convinced that Phasma is alive so Finn has his enemy. Poe instead has the first order, while for Rey there are two possibilities: Kylo and the first order or Hux and the first order. If kylo joined the rebellion then he would have only Hux as his enemy.

@Let The Past Die
I had a dream last night, that Rose wakes up with Amnesia regarding her interactions with Finn. Finn then reminds her she kissed him
  this is not a dream , this is a nightmare Smile good Finn kiss her !!!
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 2:57 am

@Ramblingrose wrote:@californiagirl

You are totally right, and I must get in bed before I embarrass myself further. Sleep

@Ramblingrose I love your .sig! <3
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:43 am

@Teo oswald If Rey, Finn and Poe are the trio of the trilogy, then why do Rey and Poe only meet for 2 seconds in the second movie? Likewise, if they're the trio, why was Poe originally supposed to die in TFA? Luke, Han and Leia were together and established as a trio from the first movie. To me it doesn't seem like this trilogy is aiming at creating trios in the traditional sense the way the previous movies did.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:28 am

@rawpowah
In the film we see these characters more than others just because they are a trio, but not like for example Harry, Ron and Hermione, always together. Also the trio of enemies Kylo, Hux and phasma. They focus on them and not on others, because they are more important.
obviously with the addition of Rose they are no longer a trio. in any case I have always seen them as a trio, also because they were interviewed together, photos together. Smile but of course this is my opinion , I see them like that, other people seem them in a different light
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 7:00 am

@Teo oswald Interviews aren't the same as the finished product though. The actors for Hux, Snoke and Phasma did interviews together for TLJ, yet they never had a scene together as a trio. TFA relied heavily on nostalgia with trios getting interviewed (which TLJ didn't do), but none of those "trios" were reflected in the movie and they never did anything together in TFA and TLJ. How is Phasma, with her 90 second appearance, a part of the trio of enemies? The "trio of enemies" didn't even work together as enemies in the movie. Hux and Kylo hate each other and Phasma is just there to be tossed in a trash compactor. In the movies you see Kylo just as much as you see the good guys from the alleged trio. You probably even see Kylo more than you see Poe, who wasn't even supposed to make it out alive from TFA. How are Finn, Rey, and Poe in any way comparable to the trio in Harry Potter, who actually went to school together, met, and had adventures together from the very beginning? How can they be called a trio, when Rian consistently has referred to Kylo and Rey as co-protagonists and JJ always mentions Kylo as a main character whose journey we are following alongside the good guys?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 7:30 am

@rawpowah
there is no doubt that kylo and Rey are co-protagonists
but outside people called Rey, Finn, and Pe like a trio, the substitutes for Han, Luke, and Leia. obvious that they are different from each other, Poe and Rey have never seen each other,
  however, seeing them in sequence, (they first showed Poe, then Finn then Rey) on the same side, , I consider them a trio, independently if there is affinity or not. maybe it's hard to understand my point of view, but I see them like that Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 7:52 am

I think the trio thing is a bit misleading maybe because we had the original trio in ANH etc. There's no longer any kind of "trio" thing in the ST. But I understand what you're saying teo... it's normal to think of the major new resistance characters as a trio, and maybe the new DS characters as another.... but as you said, with the introduction of Rose, that doesn't work anymore. So it's just a superficial perception IMO.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 8:19 am

With the introduction of the World between Worlds in Rebels, would it be good concept to introduce in the films/ep9. I hope that Rey & Ben's paths in 9 are forcelore heavy. I mean we have Luke's compass, the Jedi texts, the bond & prime Jedi stuff - I really want all of this explored in the films, though I don't expect an encyclopedia's worth of info and exposition.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:21 pm

In light of the recent TLJ novelization leaks, here's to hoping that JJ and the SG will be more involved in the novelizations for IX. At least the adult one, but the junior one too hopefully. The general adult novel seems to be much more in line with Rian's vision, due to his involvement with the project and his discussions with Jason Fry than the younger version or either TFA version. Funny how that works.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm

@Darth Snoopy wrote:With the introduction of the World between Worlds in Rebels, would it be good concept to introduce in the films/ep9. I hope that Rey & Ben's paths in 9 are forcelore heavy. I mean we have Luke's compass, the Jedi texts, the bond & prime Jedi stuff - I really want all of this explored in the films, though I don't expect an encyclopedia's worth of info and exposition.
@Darth Snoopy

I wouldn't count on it - I don't think they'll include too complicated stuff like time traveling etc. Keep in mind the GA don't watch Rebels or read comics/novels so for them this stuff would be hard to understand.

I personally hope they concentrate on the character development instead and keep the force lore stuff for books/comics/web series
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 1:37 pm

I agree on the part about the GA, and character development is key, especially since 9 should be closing threads & completing character arcs, but I do think little things could, should be touched upon (especially since Rey nicked the Jedi texts), without forsaking character/emotional depth & without drawn out tangents. Ancillary materials like the novels, could then put the meat on the bones for force-obsessed nuts like me Lolilol
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 4:52 pm

Okay, one more Episode IX wish: Kylo tried to persuade Rey to join him in both TFA and TLJ, and she rejected him both times. There has been some speculation that in true fairy tale fashion, she will accept it the third time because of character development, different circumstances, etc.

But what if instead, Kylo's error is in trying to convince Rey in the first place of his misguided if well-intended ideals in the first place? It's a kind of hubris on his part, really. Wouldn't it be more fitting if Rey asked him to join HER? It also gives her more agency, which these films have been big on. Let Rey realize when he is reformed enough, since she's going to be spending a whole lot of time with him in the future. Very Happy
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 5:13 pm

@californiagirl wrote:Okay, one more Episode IX wish: Kylo tried to persuade Rey to join him in both TFA and TLJ, and she rejected him both times. There has been some speculation that in true fairy tale fashion, she will accept it the third time because of character development, different circumstances, etc.

But what if instead, Kylo's error is in trying to convince Rey in the first place of his misguided if well-intended ideals in the first place? It's a kind of hubris on his part, really. Wouldn't it be more fitting if Rey asked him to join HER? It also gives her more agency, which these films have been big on. Let Rey realize when he is reformed enough, since she's going to be spending a whole lot of time with him in the future. Very Happy
@californiagirl

I like this. The more agency Rey gets, the better! And hopefully throughout IX we the audience will grow to trust her moral compass even more and accept her judgment of his redemption/restoration/reformation as the real deal. Very Happy
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 6:05 pm

@Night Huntress wrote:
@Darth Snoopy wrote:With the introduction of the World between Worlds in Rebels, would it be good concept to introduce in the films/ep9. I hope that Rey & Ben's paths in 9 are forcelore heavy. I mean we have Luke's compass, the Jedi texts, the bond & prime Jedi stuff - I really want all of this explored in the films, though I don't expect an encyclopedia's worth of info and exposition.
@Darth Snoopy

I wouldn't count on it - I don't think they'll include too complicated stuff like time traveling etc. Keep in mind the GA don't watch Rebels or read comics/novels so for them this stuff would be hard to understand.

I personally hope they concentrate on the character development instead and keep the force lore stuff for books/comics/web series
@Night Huntress

Welcome to the forum Darth Snoopy. Lol great name!  Smile
Yeah I’ve been playing with what World between worlds could mean in IX too. It is fun to ponder how it could realistically or satisfyingly be utilised in IX – if it is utilised in IX.
Bringing Han Solo back from death is maybe not an option. lol..
What about the time travel being used to provide insight into the original Jedi? the prime Jedi? I think it's not in canon anymore, but legends had the original Jedi as valuing balance - not the light.. i think this could be a satisfying way to use the time travel and tie in to IX bringing the story to a conclusion. This is all so new. Maybe we should start a thread for discussion how time travel could be used. lol.

I too love the force lore stuff, I was hoping for more in TLJ… so I try to keep my expectations for this low in IX.
For the reasons Night Huntress has pointed out.
I agree there needs to be enough force info to tell the story – I think they’ll go with the minimum (but what will that be?!)… if only because I think keeping the force a less clearly defined concept seems to work best. When we dig into numbers of midichlorians my impression is that some people break out in a rash and get very nervous lol. It would take guts to get specific in IX.

@Darth Snoopy wrote:I agree on the part about the GA, and character development is key, especially since 9 should be closing threads & completing character arcs, but I do think little things could, should be touched upon (especially since Rey nicked the Jedi texts), without forsaking character/emotional depth & without drawn out tangents. Ancillary materials like the novels, could then put the meat on the bones for force-obsessed nuts like me Lolilol
@Darth Snoopy

I agree Darth Snoopy – if nothing came from the Jedi texts in IX I would be disappointed. With the way they were set up in TLJ I think it is a fair expectation that they are going to be instrumental in the events of IX. Ohhh I hope so!

I also think it doesn’t have to be either character development or force lore – I think it can be both.
Maybe the trick is to keep the force lore exposition simple and limited to what is necessary – and to tie it in with the characters' journeys. I think they can do this. But deeper force lore stuff may need to be explored in other media.

I think ‘the force’ itself can be viewed as a character across all nine movies – and given IX is the finale of the force’s journey – I like to think the force will have it’s own satisfying story arc draw to a conclusion here – so really in a sense we must get at least some focus on the force lore at some point. Or DeeBee is going to need to get over it haaaaa..

Darth Snoopy there are force specific threads on this forum where some of us love to dig into this force stuff – Hope you will join us and share your insights with fellow force obsessed nuts like me!

Edited to add: I think it was in a Filoni interview I saw the other day - where the rebels were described as a small group rather than a military structure.. When I think of the resistance in IX I tend to fall into the thinking that they are an organised military - but at the end of TLJ, it seems they are back to being a small band of rebels again. Thinking of this, I've been wondering what potential tactics we might see in IX for fighting the FO.

what if.... the rebel leadership decide to try and assassinate Kylo/Ben Supreme Leader?
This scenario could see Rey asked to kill him and refuse.. I think I've seen someone suggest this.
However, it could be even more interesting if Poe decides not to include Rey in this decision making, and the carrying out of this mission - and sends others to try and do the job somehow. [Maybe Finn, who gets captured by the FO while attempting]. We could even have Hux trying to pass off his own assassination attempts as the work of the rebels. So interesting..
Kylo/Ben facing assassination attempts could be fun haaaaaaaaa... yep being SL isn't all it's cracked up to be haaaaa..
It could also lead to plenty of Rey cares about Kylo/Ben angst.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 8:24 pm

The adult novel is here at my B&N! They just texted me and I'm gonna go pick it up and read it tonight. Will do some uploading if I see there's something special we haven't heard. But I'm assuming most of you will get the novel within the next few days, or weeks, right?

I've one question: did the throne room fight have either Kylo or Rey use any kind of force-fighting techniques? I think I read an excerpt from the novel where Rey feels that when she throws her saber to Ben, it kind of plopped neatly into his palm... that's a force trajectory, right? He called it to him once she threw it to him?

I think that if there's something similar in IX, I'd like the force-fighting to be a bit more overt. Just me, I guess, but I dig that stuff lol!

That, and some major angst! Laughing
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 12:12 am

@DeeBee
I think an assassination attempt on our Supreme Leader would be a great plot point, especially in regards to who exactly would be targeting him (since he has enemies close & afar). It would also provide a little Padme parallel - Ben's been compared to all of the OT3 and Anakin, but maybe we need some Grandma Amidala poetry lol!
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 12:23 am

@Darth Snoopy wrote:@DeeBee
I think an assassination attempt on our Supreme Leader would be a great plot point, especially in regards to who exactly would be targeting him (since he has enemies close & afar). It would also provide a little Padme parallel - Ben's been compared to all of the OT3 and Anakin, but maybe we need some Grandma Amidala poetry lol!
@Darth Snoopy

Whoooo a Padme reference? I'm all for that!!!! good call Darth snoopy!!!
Hey how cool would it be if it's Rey that stops the assassination attempt?! Or at least her presence through the Force Bond warns him or something.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 12:26 am

Is it idiotic that I want an Anakin FG visit to Kylo/Ben?
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Snoopy on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 3:45 am

@DeeBee
Rey stops the assassination attempt & bridal carries him away to safety Lolilol

@Dar-ren19
Nope, you aren't. I would watch an entire film of FG Anakin and Kylo having a therapy session, complaining about manipulative mummified-looking dudes and sand. The sequel trilogy deals with Anakin/Vader's legacy, so there should be some form of resolution, FG or not.
Darth Snoopy
Darth Snoopy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 8:27 am

So, there's a ton of discussion in the Star Wars: Rebels thread (which I have never watched) about a currently non-existent plot point where Ben had a girlfriend at Luke's Jedi camp who he may/may not have lost his (metaphorical?) virginity to, lol. Like I said, since I have NO IDEA about Star Wars: Rebels, I'm bringing this idea over here because it made me think of my predictions and I wanted to add to them/expand on them.

There are a few KEY things that I think happen in IX (and perhaps I don't have a ton of evidence for them happening, but thematically they make sense). 1. I think Hux literally hoists Kylo from power using his own Knights of Ren against him, 2. I think he gets one of those Knights of Ren to impersonate Kylo using the costume. Now, I've seen it mentioned that Snoke may have trained one other apprentice in addition to Kylo, and this kind of fits in with this idea (like possibly the one who usurps his costume is Snoke's other apprentice). Furthermore, I've also seen it mentioned that supplementary material suggests that one of the KoR is a girl? This also fits.

So why does it all fit? Well, as to whether Kylo/Ben was ever "with" anyone before Rey... SW Connection podcast ladies, I'm going to defer to something one of you said in one of your literary comparison episodes. The "dark" side CAN BE a metaphor for things like: giving into sexual temptations, sexual debauchery, becoming debased, etc. Because when we're talking about this story as a sexual awakening, I think (personally) we're mainly talking about that aspect from Rey's perspective. Because Ben is the one who is already "fallen" I think we can assume (again METAPHORICALLY) that Kylo has already "dabbled" because that's the whole point of his character. That he's "given in" to temptation and fallen in with the dark side. Rey is the one who will "bring him back" by acting as an example and perhaps making him recognize "pure" love once more.

At the same time however, because this ST is very much about a truer definition of balance, there's going to be some aspect of Rey embracing certain things that can be categorized under the "dark side" of the force, things that aren't actually *bad*. Sex, passion, attraction... all that stuff. She's going to "give in" a little, I'm sure. If that makes sense.

OK, what does this have to do with a female KoR/camp student? So, I have this idea that IF I'm right that Snoke has an apprentice who takes over Kylo's costume, that there's going to be a confrontation between that person and Rey, which ends in her tearing off the mask to reveal that it's NOT Kylo/Ben, but... *gasp* another chick? Wearing Rey's boyfriend's *clothes*?! Hells.no (lol). This confrontation would end in defeat of this "other woman" at the hands of Rey and (this is my strong, strong guess) Rey donning the mask of Kylo (likely for some practical purpose like diversion or escape). But the metaphor would be clear: "He's mine now." Does that make sense?

Maybe this is a really longwinded way of saying the following: as to whether Ben was "with" anyone at Jedi camp or afterwards before Rey came along... I mean, the answer is probably all three of: yes, no, and it doesn't matter because it's metaphorical until they say otherwise. I have NO PROBLEM with them revealing that Snoke's second apprentice was a female KoR who was slightly older than Ben, who put certain suggestions in his mind as to the seductive qualities of the dark side, temptations that he "gave into." I mean, it makes sense for the story. And maybe they will tell that story in the future, the story of Luke's Jedi camp and what actually went on there and they can be more blatant about whether or not the "fall" Ben experienced was symbolic or actually physical or whatever, but I think the point with the ST will be that it doesn't really matter. It's a metaphor.

Now don't get me wrong, there are points in SW where I think they do/will tip their hat to the idea that: "Yes, these two characters had a sexual relationship." Once someone becomes pregnant, then it's obvious, lol. And I do think that they're going to tell us that Ben/Rey had a family together in some kind of epilogue. More than that, because they've been so heavy-handed with the sexual symbolism between the two, I also think they're going to give some kind of "payoff" for the adults even before then (that the children in the audience won't precisely pick up on) that lets us know: "These two are going to have sex now." My guess? The easiest, most "innocent" and yet obvious way to do this is to recreate what happened when these two first met: the bridal carry. Ben bridal carries Rey again at the end, but this time into the Millennium Falcon (or whatever). It's under totally different circumstances. It's circular, classically romantic, obvious and yet not even slightly explicit. But the adults get it. Done.

My overall point is that in the ST itself, I don't think they will blatantly try to tell us that Ben/Rey ever had a sexual relationship with anyone else, because it's not necessary tonally. We can fill in the blanks. What they do in other mediums (TV, other films, etc.) is up for grabs in the future, but I won't care at that point because I'm not into supplementary stuff, personally.

Last edited by nickandnora on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 9:01 am

Oh you know some nitwit fans out there are arguing that this kid didn’t go to the Darkside despite his mom being busy with the Rebellion. Versus somebody else who was an awful evil toddler. So sure, make ‘me a KoR because you know that will be argued.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:32 am

I'm sorry, I think I missed something. What's up with all this "Ben had a girlfriend and then a daughter" (or something like that)? What's the context? lol
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:38 am

@Piper Maru wrote:I'm sorry, I think I missed something. What's up with all this "Ben had a girlfriend and then a daughter" (or something like that)? What's the context? lol
@Piper Maru

I'm not 100% sure, I think something from Rebels that turned out to be baseless. Like, really baseless. Two characters had a kid and some spoiler said the kid would be female, and then someone (not someone here?) further speculated that this female was at Jedi camp with Ben and was his girlfriend and they had a secret affair and a secret child (I don't know where the last part came from, at all). Turns out the kid was male, lol. Someone correct me if I got any of that wrong.

Anyway, I read that and wanted to discuss the idea that Ben could have had a (metaphorical) girlfriend at Luke's, and how that might play into IX (because I think it's a really interesting idea, but just from a symbolic standpoint). But, as I understand it, absolutely nothing about Rebels actually plays into it.

nickandnora
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 12:39 pm

@Dar-ren19 wrote:Is it idiotic that I want an Anakin FG visit to Kylo/Ben?
@Dar-ren19

That is not idiotic at all. I want them all: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Yoda, and Qui-Gon. This movie is going to be the last of all nine, I say go out with a bang. I also want to see Anakin, Luke and Kylo fighting an enemy together, since TLJ force ghosts can now manipulate solid living things.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 41 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum