Predictions for Episode 9

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 2:18 pm

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Yeah we need some hair predictions for Rey because how they did their hair ties in with their arcs. Maybe Rey's hair will be pulled back in IX as a temporary retreat into her happy shiny "everything is fine!!!" persona and as Supreme Leader he’ll be full peacock with a blow out as part of his “this is the villain I’m supposed to be."

Ha, just think based on the art books how somebody somewhere is right now coming up with these very things.
@snufkin


She'll probably look even more womanly like she did in the second half of TLJ, she might grow out her hair. It depends on the time jump I guess. As for Kylo, I think his hair won't be as fluffy as TFA but not the mess it was in TLJ either. He's Supreme Leader now, he has to look the part (which includes a heritage of a mother and grandmother rocking the royal fashion). I think his costume might look a bit more regal, but not too ostentatious. Maybe a shoulder cape? Like in the Don Quixote trailer. Stubble on Kylo is wrong. It doesn't fit the young, beautified and byronic image they've constructed of him IMO. It would make Adam look too much like his other roles. Kylo is the ones role where he looks really different, and a huge part of that is the lack of facial hair and makeup.
@Kylo Rey

I agree with all this. Even if he looks like a hot mess, they have to keep that beautiful, Byronic thing going. At the most he should have a "five o'clock shadow" for a short period of time, like he had in the Silencer. Otherwise he'll start looking like he's from Brooklyn. That's great for Adam Sackler, but not Kylo.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4638
Likes : 22431
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Dar-ren19 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 4:30 pm

I’m good with the five ‘o clock shadow! But he should have something different to show the fact that he’s now a MAN.
avatar
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 587
Likes : 1811
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by IoJovi on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:08 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:I don't want facial hair beyond a hint of stubble. He will look too much like Adam Sackler IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree with this completely.  One thing I love about Ben is his boyish looks.  He  could easily pass for early 20s.  While he’s no longer a teen, Rian, JJ and co have stated several times that the character is a stand in for rebellious adolescence.The facial hair detracts from that and makes him look older.  The facial hair on AD is fine, but on Ben it takes away from the character.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7275
Likes : 41389
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by snufkin on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:16 pm

This whole line of discussion now has me imagining that he's going to be like the whole "Dudes posing on social media" meme. He already made sure that Rey saw him shirtless on Force Tinder, so maybe next will be posing next to a tricked out version of the Silencer? All of course, in attempt to pump himself up as the baddest bad who ever badded and because Matt the Radar Technician is divorced and claiming that his ex (turns out she was a nice Jedi lady from Jakku who broke up with him for calling her trailer trash) is more sorry than he is about it.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7763
Likes : 35236
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by tukicarreno on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:17 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:I don't want facial hair beyond a hint of stubble. He will look too much like Adam Sackler IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree with this completely.  One thing I love about Ben is his boyish looks.  He  could easily pass for early 20s.  While he’s no longer a teen, Rian, JJ and co have stated several times that the character is a stand in for rebellious adolescence.The facial hair detracts from that and makes him look older.  The facial hair on AD is fine, but on Ben it takes away from the character.
@IoJovi

Exactly! Totally agree. This is why I hope JJ keeps the boyish clean shaven look for Ben in IX.
avatar
tukicarreno
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 460
Likes : 2147
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Moonlight13 on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm

@tukicarreno wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:I don't want facial hair beyond a hint of stubble. He will look too much like Adam Sackler IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

I agree with this completely.  One thing I love about Ben is his boyish looks.  He  could easily pass for early 20s.  While he’s no longer a teen, Rian, JJ and co have stated several times that the character is a stand in for rebellious adolescence.The facial hair detracts from that and makes him look older.  The facial hair on AD is fine, but on Ben it takes away from the character.
@IoJovi

Exactly! Totally agree. This is why I hope JJ keeps the boyish clean shaven look for Ben in IX.
@tukicarreno
I agree, but I'd like him to have longer hair (like in the picture @Night Huntress posted). Smile
avatar
Moonlight13
Moderator

Messages : 700
Likes : 3248
Date d'inscription : 2017-06-15
Age : 24
Localisation : Argentina

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Saracene on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:45 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Ben with facial hair at the very end, signifying that he's now a MAAAN Smile
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2033
Likes : 13025
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 38
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Apriljandy on Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:47 pm

I actually want him to cut his hair short. Still clean shaven, tho. I mean, a clean look would be fitting for supreme leader. I want Rey to have longer hair and no more buns, maybe add some little bangs.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 32
Likes : 111
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rey09 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 8:37 am

I have a random fantasy that JJ casts Keri Russell to do a cameo for Rey's mom XD
I mean even if that fantasy doesn't pan out, we still need to see her parents physically I think. Well at least Rey should be able to visualize them again. She still needs that closure.
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1331
Likes : 6370
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by IoJovi on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 9:29 am

@rey09 wrote:I have a random fantasy that JJ casts Keri Russell to do a cameo for Rey's mom XD
I mean even if that fantasy doesn't pan out, we still need to see her parents physically I think. Well at least Rey should be able to visualize them again. She still needs that closure.
@rey09

Perhaps, but I'm still a fan overall of her parents being nameless deadbeats who sold her off for drinking money, and that's all she'll ever know on the subject. The belonging she seeks isn't behind her, it is ahead. Ben wasn't wrong when he told her she needed to let go. Maybe a one visual is fine, but to me it would still need to be from the past and as a way for her to leave it behind.

On another note, I love your avatar!!! Very Happy
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7275
Likes : 41389
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 102
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rey09 on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:04 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@rey09 wrote:I have a random fantasy that JJ casts Keri Russell to do a cameo for Rey's mom XD
I mean even if that fantasy doesn't pan out, we still need to see her parents physically I think. Well at least Rey should be able to visualize them again. She still needs that closure.
@rey09

Perhaps, but I'm still a fan overall of her parents being nameless deadbeats who sold her off for drinking money, and that's all she'll ever know on the subject. The belonging she seeks isn't behind her, it is ahead. Ben wasn't wrong when he told her she needed to let go. Maybe a one visual is fine, but to me it would still need to be from the past and as a way for her to leave it behind.

On another note, I love your avatar!!! Very Happy
@IoJovi

Haha thanks! I thought it was too good =D

Oh I agree totally, I was just thinking for closure's sake, she sees them for like a good 10 seconds, no speaking or anything. I have an idea of how she sees herself back in jakku (like those force visions) in the dessert and she sees her parents staring back at her with cold eyes and then they walk away from her. Very short and simple. And then she looks behind and sees Ben!!! who looks at her with his sad puppy eyes.
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1331
Likes : 6370
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ZioRen on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 1:07 pm

They cut Kylo's hair, I riot. Though I do think it's a good thing that they're going to be wrapping up filming on the trilogy soon. Even clean-shaven, Adam is starting to show his age lately I feel. Not in a bad way in the least (he looks great in those set photos from the Noah Baumbach movie), but enough that the super boyish look they're going for with Kylo won't be possible for much longer.
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2586
Likes : 17552
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by vaderito on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 1:50 pm

I hope that Simon Pegg's character gets stunningly cruel comeuppance - is deleted from the movie! Yep, make it so, JJ! Delete Simon!
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 10119
Likes : 48809
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 7:16 pm

It's probably way too early for this, but remember when people were making TLJ bingo cards? I think Jenny saw it and did her own video on it, which inspired this person to make their own for IX.



Jenny weighs in:


I mostly agree with Jenny except I think they will mention Padme. I might even like some R2-D2 clip of her and Anakin to hammer the point home.

I might also replace Tatooine with Jakku. There might or might not be a saber staff. I hope for a Lando cameo and for Rose to have a cool weapon, though I don't know if either will happen.

Not featured on either card, but also I think Reylo will happen. Smile
avatar
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 844
Likes : 3741
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-12
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 7:52 am

Love the bingo card and the "Ben Solo Redemption" free space!

Based on JJ's saying he is excited where the characters are in Ep 9, I think we are getting a time jump of a year or two.
I think:
-Leia will die offscreen but at the beginning of 9. It may be a scene of them acknowledging she is not well and then a scene of "We lost her." Since the rebels are in hiding her funeral will be subdued.
-I think that Rey, like Leia, will be the heart of the Rebellion rather than Poe.
-I think we will see Hux find out who killed Snoke but not do anything at first and instead play a long game.
-Renperor will be miserable as hell
-Leia's death will be an opening for Rey to contact Ben.
-I think Ben's hair will be pretty much the same, no facial hair, and a new outfit
-I have no guesses about Rey's hair except that it will end up being completely down at some point around Ben

Beyond that- I really don't know! Some things we totally guessed for TLJ and other things (we thought Rey and Kylo would be dueling on a cliff, and instead we got them cuddling by the fire) were off.


avatar
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5986
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 9:17 am

I just want to see Ben Solo come back and have a little of his father in him that we can all see. I also want to see him flying the Millenium Falcon, especially after the deleted scene in TFA where he is on the Falcon remembering. Even though Kylo was wearing his mask, you can see him overcome with emotion.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 197
Likes : 913
Date d'inscription : 2017-07-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by nickandnora on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 9:38 am

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I just want to see Ben Solo come back and have a little of his father in him that we can all see. I also want to see him flying the Millenium Falcon, especially after the deleted scene in TFA where he is on the Falcon remembering.  Even though Kylo was wearing his mask, you can see him overcome with emotion.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I was just thinking about this yesterday, the idea that Ben is going to fly the Millenium Falcon. Do you think somehow that they're going to make reference to the Kessel run again? Is there something located on it (FO weapons superlab perhaps) that needs to be destroyed, which requires Ben to complete it in... 11 parsecs? Lol.

I mean, I think part of the theme of this trilogy (if you buy into Reverse Anidala) is that each subsequent generation has to do better than the last in order to fix things, so maybe beating his dad's record is part of that, in some weird way they'll cook up for fun. Very Happy

Just a kooky idea.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 366
Likes : 1887
Date d'inscription : 2018-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rawpowah on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 10:45 am

@nickandnora wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:I just want to see Ben Solo come back and have a little of his father in him that we can all see. I also want to see him flying the Millenium Falcon, especially after the deleted scene in TFA where he is on the Falcon remembering.  Even though Kylo was wearing his mask, you can see him overcome with emotion.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I was just thinking about this yesterday, the idea that Ben is going to fly the Millenium Falcon. Do you think somehow that they're going to make reference to the Kessel run again? Is there something located on it (FO weapons superlab perhaps) that needs to be destroyed, which requires Ben to complete it in... 11 parsecs? Lol.

I mean, I think part of the theme of this trilogy (if you buy into Reverse Anidala) is that each subsequent generation has to do better than the last in order to fix things, so maybe beating his dad's record is part of that, in some weird way they'll cook up for fun. Very Happy

Just a kooky idea.
@nickandnora

Lmao if Ben breaks Han's Kessel record, the antis and fanboys are going to be pissed Laughing

I kind of want this to happen now. Laughing
avatar
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 787
Likes : 4079
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 12:43 pm

I had hoped we would see Ben fly the Falcon in TLJ but I realize he was Not Emotionally Ready.
It will happen for sure in Ep 9.
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1100
Likes : 5986
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 09 Apr 2018, 1:10 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I had hoped we would see Ben fly the Falcon in TLJ but I realize he was Not Emotionally Ready.
It will happen for sure in Ep 9.
@ReyofLightSide

I'm a quiet audience in the theatre but if THAT happens in IX I would cheer loudly ! Claps Claps Claps
avatar
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1605
Likes : 7640
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-24
Age : 36
Localisation : Switzerland

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DeeBee on Thu 12 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm

Replying to these comments from the spoilers thread (not related to any spoiler so don't worry Smile A little exchange between Kylo Rey and rey09 got me thinking..
@Kylo Rey wrote:
..... (partial quote) ....Btw, were the golden dice still in the Falcon at the end of TLJ then? I know they vanished from Ben's hands at the end probably because they were force projected but I figured the real dice would still be on the Falcon. If so they could return in IX. They're in Solo after all and are now synonymous with the Solo family legacy. Ben inheriting his father's ship along with the dice is a 90% possibility for me, particularly with the ST emphasis on how much he's like his father even if he keeps trying to deny it.
@Kylo Rey
-Hi Kylo Rey, because I think the actual physical dice are still on Ach-to at the end of the TLJ, and they have been put away by the caretakers for sake keeping (I think the novelisation said they had done this with all of Luke's belongings) - So here is another prediction for IX: someone will, at some point, go to Ach-to or be revealed to have gone to Ach-to off screen, to collect Luke's belongings- including the golden dice. It does seem super meaningful to see Ben reunited with that physical dice before the end of IX!

@rey09 wrote:
I have this image of my head that when Ben finally gets back into the cockpit of the falcon, his eyes will go to the dice, (camera will then focus on it and blurring out his head).
@rey09

-I can see why this image would burn rey09- so powerful!
Talk of Ben inheriting the MF and the dice got me thinking...

What if somehow Ben inheriting the MF is decided by a throw of the golden dice?!! [A toss between Chewie and Ben maybe?]
Lovely poetry with how Han Solo came to own the MF in the first place!

Then, we could also have a reference back to Qui-Gon Jinn and his use of the dice toss in TPM - the dice toss which decided if Anakin or his mother would be freed - and Qui-Gon used the force to rig the toss.
Would Ben let fate decide if he inherited the MF? Or would he use the force to rig the dice toss and ensure he claims his father's ship?
[with chewie secretly being totally fine with it of course!]

Incorporating rey09's idea- Ben wins the dice toss, wins the MF, takes his place in the co-pilot seat (rofl okay maybe the pilot's seat - he and Rey can take turns haaaa) and he returns the golden dice to where they belong. Okay at this point I will be in tears!
avatar
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 978
Likes : 2733
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-20
Localisation : The Unknown Regions :)

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by BB-Rey on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 12:54 am

I was reading in .the Rey Kenobi thread and noticed it brought up that we haven't had any acknowledgements for the Mandalorians in this trilogy. This got me to thinking of so many possibilities of what this could mean, what John said of Episode IX being the war to end all wars, how Poe's character was originally conceived as a Jedi then a Bounty Hunter to finally a Resistance Pilot, and how the previous two trilogies have ties to them in the form of Jango and Boba Fett. We surely must have something in this trilogy, right?

What if the Mandalorians were in this trilogy what the Jedi and Sith were in the first two? Now that they'd presumingly be all that's left of the legends of the ancient past they could  join forces with the Resistance and First Order against the Knights of Ren, Kanjiklub, and Guavian Death Gang with creatures in a final stand for long sout peace. What if the Outer Rim allies story thread was turned upside down and they couldn't be what the Resistance needs and why they didn't respond to the distress call? This could lead to them needing the help of the Mandalorians instead with Rey and Kylo coming together with Finn's  help in gathering the sides together in the final stand. It really brings things full circle to an even greater degree and maybe even having a few Jedi who survired being part of the Light and even the tiny possibility Snoke did survire he could be the Sith No One Knew Existed which you spell with the same letters as Snoke as the main adversary to Kylo and Rey. There's so many possibilities but one thing I feel is Episode IX can't be played safe and we need the story to have a payoff that brings unity between trilogies and ulimstely with Rey and Kylo!

Edit: I was reading about Mandalore and interesting coincidence is located in the Outer Rim. So the Resistance would be within a persec away from them.


Last edited by BB-Rey on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 232
Likes : 678
Date d'inscription : 2017-10-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Darth_marshmallow on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 5:24 am

After the „Solo” trailer I’ve been wondering why Chewie is still sticking around after Han’s death? Yes, he's commited to the Resistance but is it the main reason? If Han rescues from slavery not only Chewie but also his wife and son (I believe the Star Wars Christmas special is canon), maybe Chewie’s life debt includes not only Han but his family also?
avatar
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 193
Likes : 841
Date d'inscription : 2017-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by rey09 on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 8:12 am

@Darth_marshmallow wrote:After the „Solo” trailer I’ve been wondering why Chewie is still sticking around after Han’s death? Yes, he's commited to the Resistance but is it the main reason? If Han rescues from slavery not only Chewie but also his wife and son (I believe the Star Wars Christmas special is canon), maybe Chewie’s life debt includes not only Han but his family also?
@Darth_marshmallow

Well I think it's simply because he is needed, for whatever the cause. And the resistance is led by leia after all, so he's still important to her and now to the newbies.
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1331
Likes : 6370
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 13 Apr 2018, 9:55 am

@Darth_marshmallow wrote:After the „Solo” trailer I’ve been wondering why Chewie is still sticking around after Han’s death? Yes, he's commited to the Resistance but is it the main reason? If Han rescues from slavery not only Chewie but also his wife and son (I believe the Star Wars Christmas special is canon), maybe Chewie’s life debt includes not only Han but his family also?
@Darth_marshmallow

Chewie and Rey seem pretty attached to each other. I got the impression that Chewie has stuck around post-Han's-death so far out of loyalty to/wanting to help Rey.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5603
Likes : 29091
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum