Predictions for Episode 9

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down

Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 5:32 pm

@rey09 wrote:
@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@rey09 wrote:
@PalmettoBlue wrote:@Chris24601 - there was an official source (I'll dig it up if you'd like) that said that Leia didn't sense Han's death, but rather she was feeling what Ben was feeling: guilt, confusion, etc and therefore she knew what he had done.

That said - the Force is weird and does weird things. I think that it can be almost anything for the writers...making Han's line about "The Force doesn't work that way!" even more snicker-worthy.
@PalmettoBlue

Yeah I never understood how Kylo didn't sense Han before he went on the bridge. Like okayy sure...
@rey09

I always thought he did sense Han. Didn't he mutter "Han Solo" at some point? Also, there was that moment of hesitation as he was sort of "sniffing the air"....feeling the force, before he turned and walked on the bridge. He was WALKING AWAY FROM HAN before Han called him back. I always think back to that. That he was walking away.
@Dar-ren19

That's what I thought too but I remember from the script it said he wasn't aware of Han's presence.
@rey09

Did ad-libs (is that the term, when it occurs in acting?) happen in TFA? I believe it was recently revealed that will occur with IX, yet what is seen does seem contrary to what was in the script...maybe this is the reason...and J.J et al decided to keep it? If not...well...a forehead crease reason. lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 11:34 pm

@rey09 - I'd forgotten about the script direction and was just going by what I saw on screen.... hmm.

@SW_Heroine_Journey you're right, I wasn't sure.
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette on Sat 10 Nov 2018, 3:20 pm

One big prediction for IX is a reylo theme, and even if there is a great probability it will be completly original, i just listened to a new arrangement of “Across the Stars” which made me want this for Ben and Rey. Since they are the inverse of Anakin and Padme, I believe it would be a great call-back. Futhermore, at 02:02, the music made me think of Kylo.

"A new arrangement of “Across the Stars” created by John Williams for German violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter, to be released as part of a compilation of Williams’ songs reinterpreted for the musician next year."

https://sleemo.co/post/179969056752/a-new-arrangement-of-across-the-stars-created-by
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 10 Nov 2018, 5:40 pm

@LadyGaufrette wrote:One big prediction for IX is a reylo theme, and even if there is a great probability it will be completly original, i just listened to a new arrangement of “Across the Stars” which made me want this for Ben and Rey. Since they are the inverse of Anakin and Padme, I believe it would be a great call-back. Futhermore, at 02:02, the music made me think of Kylo.

"A new arrangement of “Across the Stars” created by John Williams for German violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter, to be released as part of a compilation of Williams’ songs reinterpreted for the musician next year."

https://sleemo.co/post/179969056752/a-new-arrangement-of-across-the-stars-created-by
@LadyGaufrette

There was also a new Han & Leia arrangement orchestrated by John Williams earlier this year, and it’s beautiful:

It’s always been a stunningly beautiful theme, but I realised it’s so sad to listen to after Han’s death and Carrie’s passing. Just listening to that music encapsulates why it would be so tragic to leave Han & Leia’s son unredeemed. If there’s a moment in IX with Kylo and they play that... it would be so emotional, particularly if it’s after he’s redeemed and he finally accepts the pain and coming to terms with his parents.
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 11:51 pm

One thing I'm curious about is how they'll handle Snoke's death and the fallout of both that and Kylo lying to Hux/blaming Rey to cover his a**. A lot of us thought of the obvious soap opera angle would be Rey is public enemy #1 thanks to the lie and we get bounty hunter face service/Ben has to face the fallout of both lying and realizing at the end of Crait that she had nothing to do with Luke's appearance. But counterpoint sparked by the Poe Dameron comic (obvious disclaimer the comics aren't spoilers/critical to the films) that the First Order doesn't know Snoke is dead in the aftermath of Crait. Either way, it's likely Hux knows that Kylo lied and will use that as a pretext to turn the screw/undermine him as Supreme Leader.  But for propaganda purposes, it'd make the First Order look like chumps admitting that Rey managed to walk into their fortress, took out their super powerful Force user leader, killed his guards, knocked out his also super powerful Force user enforcer (for a 2nd time), and then steals his spaceship. So my guess is that their official story will be that he was killed by Holdo's kamikaze maneuver as face-saving and meanwhile the Resistance will keep on assuming that Rey was working in conjunction with Luke in coming to their rescue. It's still way too early (and without any Bothan Spys) to assume anything in the story beyond the correct guesses we all made here for TLJ. But if JJ doesn't take advantage of that obvious set-up Rian pitched to him (which $5 says Trevorrow planned on scrapping because he thought he needed to "fix" what Rian wrote), that's a waste on the level of George Lucas' biggest mistakes with the OT.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 4:18 pm

My prediction / hope is: it doesn't have sense to me to introduce a conflicted character like Kylo Ren without any resolution, I don't believe it has to be Kylo's dead like his grandfather to get a redemption (again). And I don't think we won't see any good side from him again, after what we saw towards his mother or Rey (before Crait).
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 4:29 pm

If they put pieces of Leia scenes taken from previous films and we'll see it in the next episode, how many possibilities
  do we have to see Leia with Ben and with Rey all together?
would it make sense to put a scene with them in episode VIII?
It would be harmful if they let Leia die in Episode IX
but if she lives there must be a scene with her, Ben and Rey.
I understood that there will be an actress who replaces Carry, but at the same time there will be scenes taken from the other films. How will they do?
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Yesterday at 2:03 pm

In case some of you don’t read the Vader comics am posting this here as well as Vader comics thread on this forum ( thanks @Starliteprism for posting original video regarding the Vader comics ):

Omg I saw this all over Reddit ( gonna post the links below ). Did suspect this from the way the Vader series has been leading up to this last few issues . I seriously think now they may do something with this in episode Ix because it’s coming up again and again ( Rebels , Vader comics , aftermath books)and we know from aftermath novels that Jakku has one of these portals .
Darth Vader issue 23 JUST WOW
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/9x2t3f/darth_vader_issue_23_just_wow/?st=JOHIUC2Y&sh=a01ed461

A World Between Worlds "door"or some power akin to it was featured in today's issue of Darth Vader #23 on Mustafar [SPOILERS]
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsrebels/comments/9x2cg2/a_world_between_worlds_dooror_some_power_akin_to/?st=JOHIV7AK&sh=f0b23938

What Vader #23 means for Star Wars...
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarscomics/comments/9x271o/what_vader_23_means_for_star_wars/?st=JOHIVJSK&sh=4dea6774

Just adding a postscript to this because something that’s just occurred to me now - what if Han’s Dice , vader’s Helmet are the key to someone(Ben or Rey or both ) possibly connecting with Vader or Han through one of the portals ? It seems in this Vader comic ( I need to read it myself to be sure ) that somehow Lord Momin is able to connect with his past self(and become one with his past self ) via the helmet . What if it’s the same with Han’ s Dice and Vader ‘s helmet . What’s the saying “you are what you carry with you “. Just a thought . Weird I know but no more weird than what’s unravelling before us and we know in Star Wars like in Lord of the rings - objects seem to carry some of the essence of their owners ( we saw this in the Lando comics too). What if it’s not just dark side objects that have potential for this but all objects . We saw this hinted too in The Force Awakens with the legacy lightsaber and the visions that Rey got with it from the past and maybe future .

AhsokaTano
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum