The Force Bond IS NOT CLOSED!

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: The Force Bond IS NOT CLOSED!

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 8:32 pm

Naw that last scene was basically Rey picked up the phone w/out thinking and when she realized that it's Ben, there's a moment where she's breathing at the end of the line while he's all like "Hey babe, uh. Are you there? I know you're there." and the she just hangs up on him 'cause she's so pissed off. Like those of us who are old enough to remember the world without call waiting, remember when you'd have an ugly break up and then you get those hang up calls where you know who's behind it? It was totally that type of moment. Connection's not going away, just Rey is angry and hurt enough she's going to ignore it for awhile.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

@snufkin wrote:Naw that last scene was basically Rey picked up the phone w/out thinking and when she realized that it's Ben, there's a moment where she's breathing at the end of the line while he's all like "Hey babe, uh. Are you there? I know you're there." and the she just hangs up on him 'cause she's so pissed off. Like those of us who are old enough to remember the world without call waiting, remember when you'd have an ugly break up and then you get those hang up calls where you know who's behind it? It was totally that type of moment. Connection's not going away, just Rey is angry and hurt enough she's going to ignore it for awhile.
@snufkin

He’s temporarily sleeping on the couch.  And when one is banished to the couch, they usually kiss and make up.  The throne room break up scene is essentially the equivalent of Han being frozen in carbonite.  And we all know that turned out to be alright.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 8:59 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Naw that last scene was basically Rey picked up the phone w/out thinking and when she realized that it's Ben, there's a moment where she's breathing at the end of the line while he's all like "Hey babe, uh. Are you there? I know you're there." and the she just hangs up on him 'cause she's so pissed off. Like those of us who are old enough to remember the world without call waiting, remember when you'd have an ugly break up and then you get those hang up calls where you know who's behind it? It was totally that type of moment. Connection's not going away, just Rey is angry and hurt enough she's going to ignore it for awhile.
@snufkin

He’s temporarily sleeping on the couch.  And when one is banished to the couch, they usually kiss and make up.  The throne room break up scene is essentially the equivalent of Han being frozen in carbonite.  And we all know that turned out to be alright.
@IoJovi
Yep each time Ben & Rey end things on a sour note they grow even closer in the next movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 9:07 pm

[quote="Darth Dementor"]
@IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin

Yeah except with Han and Leia, basically the minute he was unfrozen from the carbonite they pretty much lost most of their kickass chemistry from the previous movie (sorry, just my personal opinion) because their relationship lost most of its longing/urgency. With the Reylo angst train dialed up to 11, they're going to be smokin' hot all the way through Episode IX.

I agree with those of you here and elsewhere who have pointed out rather astutely that TLJ ended exactly where/how it needed to end with Rey and Kylo to ensure an amazing overall trilogy ending for the two of them. If this film ended with the two of them in agreement, then that means that IX would be the place for Rey to be wrong Kylo and for him to turn BACK the darkness. But no, that had that beat in THIS movie, meaning the next film is going to be positively glorious for Reylo.

nickandnora
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Feb 2018, 11:01 pm

@nickandnora - Blame it on the carbonite or Harrison Ford not wanting to be in RotJ. Either way, you're right that it took the electricity out of Han and Leia's relationship. The two of them teamed up should've been like the Throne Room. But the only tension in their situation after he's been rescued is how he thinks she wants to break up with him for her brother!

Fingers crossed JJ writes something well thought out b/c the point is that for these two characters - he's been given an option to leave 2x now and he in turn has made an offer to her 2x. We've seen the Rule of Three with Paige taking out the Dreadnaught and Luke's 3 Lessons (2 for Rey, 1 for Ben), so IX should have a final successful culmination of the 3rd time he has the moment of deciding to turn from the path he's been on and in turn, he makes an offer. It should be that he frees himself of the DS/FO of his own volition, but with the knowledge of both his father and Rey having shown faith in him. And in turn, this time Rey will stand by his side, in the vision he saw of her. She still has to stand on her own and he has to come to terms with his past and his own responsibility in everything before the story can conclude. And to have them both come to those points and then come together (versus Han and Leia, where after she springs him and ultimately murders Jabba, that was the climax) for it to feel earned.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 1:39 am

@snufkin wrote:@nickandnora - Blame it on the carbonite or Harrison Ford not wanting to be in RotJ. Either way, you're right that it took the electricity out of Han and Leia's relationship. The two of them teamed up should've been like the Throne Room. But the only tension in their situation after he's been rescued is how he thinks she wants to break up with him for her brother!

Fingers crossed JJ writes something well thought out b/c the point is that for these two characters - he's been given an option to leave 2x now and he in turn has made an offer to her 2x. We've seen the Rule of Three with Paige taking out the Dreadnaught and Luke's 3 Lessons (2 for Rey, 1 for Ben), so IX should have a final successful culmination of the 3rd time he has the moment of deciding to turn from the path he's been on and in turn, he makes an offer. It should be that he frees himself of the DS/FO of his own volition, but with the knowledge of both his father and Rey having shown faith in him. And in turn, this time Rey will stand by his side, in the vision he saw of her. She still has to stand on her own and he has to come to terms with his past and his own responsibility in everything before the story can conclude. And to have them both come to those points and then come together (versus Han and Leia, where after she springs him and ultimately murders Jabba, that was the climax) for it to feel earned.
@snufkin

Rey and Ben have so many personal demons to get past to wind up together in IX, which allows the filmmakers to drag out the delicious angst even longer. There probably would have been ways of doing that with Han and Leia—maybe having Han see her special bond with Luke and not have that issue resolved in like 30 seconds?—but they were never on opposite sides in the OT, with Han going from “Don’t join” mode to full-on hero of the Rebellion. We have the Supreme Leader of the FO and the Last Jedi falling in love with each other—pretty amazing. Like many of you, I wonder whether Rey is going to be up front about her Dark sider boyfriend or whether she’s going to keep it (unsuccessfully) under wraps. The latter would provide for a lot more romantic tension, the two of them misunderstood and against the disapproval of the world — and isn’t that what we’re here for? Smile
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:24 am

@vaderito wrote:The bond cannot be broken. I'll start with this. Back in 2016, Rian tweeted this cryptic image of a red thread.

Many Reylos thought it was the Red Thread of Fate and thus a hint at the Force Bond

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_thread_of_fate

The Red Thread of Fate, also referred to as the Red Thread of Marriage, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese and Korean culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of "the red thread" is believed to be the old lunar matchmaker god, who is in charge of marriages.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmate or a destined flame.

Two things are of importance here:

never break

soulmate/destined (twin) flame

Now, lets examine Twin Flames:

Two halves is exactly what Rian said about Rey and Kylo.

Finally, take a look at the story behind Red String of Fate. It has destined lovers where one lover scars another:

One story featuring the red thread of fate involves a young boy. Walking home one night, a young boy sees an old man (Yue Xia Lao) standing beneath the moonlight. The man explains to the boy that he is attached to his destined wife by a red thread. Yue Xia Lao shows the boy the young girl who is destined to be his wife. Being young and having no interest in having a wife, the young boy picks up a rock and throws it at the girl, running away. Many years later, when the boy has grown into a young man, his parents arrange a wedding for him. On the night of his wedding, his wife waits for him in their bedroom, with the traditional veil covering her face. Raising it, the man is delighted to find that his wife is one of the great beauties of his village. However, she wears an adornment on her eyebrow. He asks her why she wears it and she responds that when she was a young girl, a boy threw a rock at her that struck her, leaving a scar on her eyebrow. She self-consciously wears the adornment to cover it up. The woman is, in fact, the same young girl connected to the man by the red thread shown to him by Yue Xia Lao back in his childhood, showing that they were connected by the red thread of fate.

It's not going to be broken.

@vaderito

As I was reading through this thread. The red thread that Rian mentioned came to my mind, and lo and behold, it's been mentioned! The red thread  binds them together, it doesn't break despite the twists and turns it takes.

I love how it ended for Kylo and Rey. If their story was not going to continue in IX, there would have been no need to put that final scene between them. But we did get that scene, so have faith. Kylo's words to Luke about how he will destroy her... Did he look like he wanted to destroy her? Far from it, the pain and regret in his face, when he shoots his head up when he realises they've connected, to me it's almost like he wants to say something, but doesn't know what to say, but then the door shuts.
Regarding Rey, as she connects with Kylo, she's breathing heavily, her mouth is slightly open when she seems him, although it's a short connection, it's a connection non the less. Feelings are probably going on overdrive within her.  Then there is this perceptible change as she shuts her mouth, I got the sense of her battening down her emotions,  she then shuts the door. If she was disgusted with Kylo, then I think we would have seen more of a sneer and a dark look and she would have shut the door quicker, if it was me and I was angry I would have slammed it with my hand.

I think the scene was a clever one, using the shutting of the actual door of the MF as a parting shot of the two. Is it a literal shutting of the connection, I think it was meant in more a symbolic way, as the literal door of the MF had to be opened, so does the connection between the two reopen, but in what way remains to be seen. I hope the force bond is used, JJ may add his own twist to it. Rian used it, so they could be together without killing one another, so if JJ wants them together, he had opportunity to use Force Bond, or he has to bring them together physically very quickly.

@Good-olio Raeh  I noticed that you mentioned further up that you are battling on other boards and that it's leaving you worn down. Please don't wear yourself out, you should be enjoying yourself. I think you're incredibly brave to even engage with the debates. Before I found here I went to the usual places to hopefully find like minded people, I was so shocked by the vitriol surrounding Reylo. I fled quickly, I can't be doing with all the agro, it wore me down just glancing at it!   I'm so thankful I found this place. Maybe take a raincheck until you're ready to face them again, but please don't wear yourself down over it.
As mentioned above the fan fatigue thread is a great place to blow some steam off.
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:31 am

@Dar-ren19 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:
@Dar-ren19 wrote:@snufkin something you said up there reminds me. So we're told by Hux that Rey took Snoke's ship, right? How exactly did she end up hiding that fact from the resistance? Or is Chewie keeping that secret? Where is that ship?

@Dar-ren19

I don't know if JJ will ever do this, but I feel it's important for the patricide issue to be resolved a bit. I don't think people are really getting the reasons behind it and also what Snoke clearly saw and mentioned about Ben being weakened after the act.
@Dar-ren19

I hope the patricide issue will be resolved ...

Guys. Girls. Good morning. (9:44 am in Italy)
I Reading your posts and I laughed. We all agree that:
1) the door is not closed forever
2) The bond of mental strength is liked by everyone!

So I propose to change the forum name from "Was Rey and Kylo's Force Bond Closed?" to "The Force Bond IS NOT CLOSED. lol!

I Joke, do not change it. A hug to HALL of you . Happy with our Forum !!!!

Last edited by Irina de France on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double posts together)
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 4:27 am

@giaciak2 wrote:Guys. Girls. Good morning. (9:44 am in Italy)
I Reading your posts and I laughed. We all agree that:
1) the door is not closed forever
2) The bond of mental strength is liked by everyone!

So I propose to change the forum name from "Was Rey and Kylo's Force Bond Closed?" to "The Force Bond IS NOT CLOSED. lol!

I Joke, do not change it. A hug to HALL of you . Happy with our Forum !!!!
@giaciak2

As one who started this thread, I hereby say let's change it, for it echoes more of my heart than put Reylo or the Force Connection in doubt. I was asking for defense of the bond...

I just have no idea how to change the title. LOL. Forgive me, I am a newbie, and I am still finding my way.  

@vaderito red thread is the perfect rebuttal to all of this.  Smile

@Let The Past Die, Thank you for your concern for my fan fatigue.  I have been battling for Reylo on youtube of all places. Razz This is the worst battle, far from it, but it is over the issue that I raised.

So in Reylo peace-keeping, here's my "Love is an open door" proclamation that I posted a month ago as a comment to a video dismissing Reylo and that Rey closed the door permantly on Kylo:

my rebuttal: "Oh,..., remember that the trilogy hasn't completed yet.  Every one says they want something different...would it be wonderful if love this time saved the day.  A mature love that sees the good and the bad in each other not a rash love like the prequels or the original trilogy... I assert that Rey closed the door on the Falcon because, at that moment, Kylo chose power over love.  But he is kneeling before her in that scene, holding onto a token of love that was once in the Falcon. That's what the lovers in Skywalkers have always chosen over power over love ultimately.  They think that power can help control that love, keep it safe.  In the novelization of The Force Awakens, Snoke accuses Kylo of having compassion on her, which in the prequels compassion is defined as Agapae love, unconditional.  I think the rage we see in Kylo is due to him being rejected by someone he loves once again.  But she rejects him that time because he offers her the wrong thing.  He doesn't offer her love; he offers her power...which is exactly what Vader offers Luke in Empire. But then in Return of the Jedi, Luke comes back and is able to redeem his dad during that test.  That was family love, but what if Rey's unconditional love for Kylo and vice versa is the force that pulls them together.  Just because you shut the door on that "ship" ;P doesn't meant it is shut for good...only on that ride. Remember, Rey's parents forced her out of the family ship and abandoned her.  They never came back.  What if Rey comes back to save the last Skywalker.  We are so concerned for the Jedi when we hear the threat of the last Jedi from Luke.  Are we not as concerned for the fate of the last Skywalker? Would it be wonderful, that at least, a Skywalker learned to love maturely.  Look at Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, like Jedi Jade pointed out, Darcy offered his hand the first time by saying that she and her "family's condition in life is so decidedly below my own."  Yes, Kylo says that with pride, but he can be changed.... I believe.  Remember the last thing Luke told Leia before he left her.  Sit on that.  Do you really want the Skywalker family to die, or do you want love to resurrect it from the ashes?"

Last edited by Good-olio Raeh on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 5:18 am

@Good-olio Raeh

I'm glad you feel you have an answer ready now and hopefully you know you have support here.

I know how to change the title as I had to do it.

Go to your first post on page 1 of this thread. Click edit, and you should be able to change the title. Just add at the bottom of your first post that you've edited to change the title.

Now if anyone wants to explain how to post pictures, that one is puzzling me.... Lol.
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 5:49 am

Thank you for your support and answers to my questions, everyone.  I appreciate all of the responses. They were wonderful to read and glean everyone's thoughts concerning this matter.

@Let The Past Die Thank you for your help. I wish I could return the favor and help you with the pictures...but I am just a guppy in this pond. Just keep swimming....
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 6:19 am

Oh Mother. I stopped reading for work. Now I come back here and see the title changed. I'm working laughing !!!! . lol!
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 6:28 am

@Good-olio Raeh

Yay, you did it, its now a positive thread Thumbs up Very Happy

Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 6:40 am

I have a thought.
Kylo has made two offers to Rey. The first as a teacher-friend.
I'm sure he saw them together from a romantic point of view. In Italian language - Inside the elevator scene , he says:" You'll be the only one to turn around". "You will stay with me". They are two sentences. But the second ... does not want to repeat the first sentence. So I think it wants saw something. For this, I think, In the Trone Room, he throw his sword and decide to make a statement (in his own way) thinking she would accept.
She doesn't accept. He unleashes his anger. He understands he has lost everything at the end. His face is clearly the expression of a destroyed boy. He lost family, manager of work Twisted Evil , and girl. He is definitely destroyed. But then ...he looks up and sees her in the last scene. If, my hypothesis is true, we reason for absurd as in mathematics. If my hypothesis is true, he has not lost hope. He knows he will have to try another way. I believe it is the beginning of his redemption.
But Rey, she lost her hope. Because she has made her offer as a friend. I mean. Her offer is comparable to the offer "I will be your teacher". It is possible that Rey's maturation arc may be an understanding of her attachment to Ben. When she comes back and sees Finn with Rose, she is a sad one. But not because she loves Finn, but because Finn has a girl who loves him. Perhaps even Rey's growth arc began in the last scene.
Obviously it's just my thought.
giaciak2
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Fri 09 Feb 2018, 7:05 am

I've been saying since the movie came out that a natural way for the force bond to evolve is for Rey and Kylo to be able to see their surroundings. There are simply so many dramatic possibilities that can stem from that, especially if the Resistance somehow finds out about the connection. Another thing I would like clarified is if non-force sensitives can see Kylo or not during the force bond moments.
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:59 am

OK, I was just watching “Friends,” and I have a request: Someone more technologically adept than me, please go to the “Friends” episode in season 2 titled “The One with the List” and make a GIF of the scene where Ross is trying (badly) to make up for having written a list of Rachel’s deficiencies, and Rachel closes the door on him. And then link it with the scene of Rey closing the door on Kylo. Because THAT—not the Michael Corleone scene from The Godfather—is what happened at the end of The Last Jedi. And our two nerds are going to do about as well as Ross and Rachel did at staying away from each other.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 6:27 am

@Lily Snape wrote:OK, I was just watching “Friends,” and I have a request: Someone more technologically adept than me, please go to the “Friends” episode in season 2 titled “The One with the List” and make a GIF of the scene where Ross is trying (badly) to make up for having written a list of Rachel’s deficiencies, and Rachel closes the door on him. And then link it with the scene of Rey closing the door on Kylo. Because THAT—not the Michael Corleone scene from The Godfather—is what happened at the end of The Last Jedi. And our two nerds are going to do about as well as Ross and Rachel did at staying away from each other.
@Lily Snape

Lmao nice- perhaps they will get drunk and get married, have a baby out of wedlock before they go legit bounce I just remembered one of the my favorite scenes from Friends, it was after the list drama, I was wondering how they would reconcile (because they obviously would) and that prom video moment was THE BEST!!! I just loved how it showed no matter how careless Ross can be, he truly does love her, has loved her and then she runs to him and kisses him and it's such a beautiful passionate moment! That's actually in line with the Kiss of Life scenario we want Rey to give. They are each other's lobsters loll
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:07 am

@giaciak2

Rey: You don't have to do this. I feel the conflict in you. It's tearing you apart. Ben, when we touched hands, I saw you future. Just the shape of it but solid and clear. You will not bow before Snoke. You'll turn. I'll help you.

Kylo Ren: I saw something too. I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey. I saw who your parents are.

Kylo Ren: I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey.

I think he is not talking about what will happen soon but about an event that will take place in the last episode.

If we think about it, it's possible. If Kylo knew that Rey would help him defeat Snoke Why he would say that sentence?
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:01 pm

@Teo oswald wrote:@giaciak2

Rey: You don't have to do this. I feel the conflict in you. It's tearing you apart. Ben, when we touched hands, I saw you future. Just the shape of it but solid and clear. You will not bow before Snoke. You'll turn. I'll help you.

Kylo Ren: I saw something too. I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey. I saw who your parents are.

Kylo Ren: I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey.

I think he is not talking about what will happen soon but about an event that will take place in the last episode.

If we think about it, it's possible. If Kylo knew that Rey would help him defeat Snoke Why he would say that sentence?
@Teo oswald

That's a REALLY good catch. With as much as I've mentally analyzed those lines before, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I think you're right.

The "when the time comes" is definitely worded to allude to a future event. It doesn't sound like it's something imminent (i.e. the throne room).
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:52 pm

@Lily Snape So Ben has a list comparing Snoke ("Super powerful and rich, but kind of an a**hole") with Rey ("Really cute and powerful, but poor, from Jakku, eats with her hands") and got caught? Maybe in IX Hux will find it and mayhem will ensue!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Kylo Ren:  I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey.

If we think about it, it's possible. If Kylo knew that Rey would help him defeat Snoke Why he would say  that sentence?
@Teo oswald

That's a REALLY good catch. With as much as I've mentally analyzed those lines before, I hadn't thought of it that way,  but I think you're right.

The "when the time comes" is definitely worded to allude to a future event.  It doesn't sound like it's something imminent (i.e. the throne room).
@ISeeAnIsland

exactly, I think RJ built that scene for a specific purpose. and also the dialogue itself . There are scenes scattered in the film that have been created for a purpose. Good thing I'm not the only one Smile Smile

for example the scene of the dice. There is a reason why kylo finds the dice ,  takes the dice and then frame his narrow hand.

Last edited by Teo oswald on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Teo oswald
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:04 pm

Anyone think this thread should be merged with the other thread, I think it's called force bond logistics?

Also I came across this upcoming netflix movie, the title intrigued me, and then the tagline just read reylo all over....

Two shy and socially awkward co-workers in Budapest form a special bond through a mysterious mystic connection that manifests in a dream.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 12:56 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Teo oswald

That's a REALLY good catch. With as much as I've mentally analyzed those lines before, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I think you're right.

The "when the time comes" is definitely worded to allude to a future event. It doesn't sound like it's something imminent (i.e. the throne room).
@ISeeAnIsland

But at the LA event recently, Rian Johnson said that because of what Kylo saw when their hands touched, he planned on killing Snoke when Rey was with him because he knew she would stand with him. So it does seem to allude to the throne room betrayal of Snoke—although it could also refer to a future event. Let me see if I can find the quote.
Lily Snape
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Good-olio Raeh on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:12 am

@Lily Snape wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

Kylo Ren:  I know that when the time comes, you'll be the one to turn. You'll stand with me, Rey.

If we think about it, it's possible. If Kylo knew that Rey would help him defeat Snoke Why he would say  that sentence?
@Teo oswald

That's a REALLY good catch. With as much as I've mentally analyzed those lines before, I hadn't thought of it that way,  but I think you're right.

The "when the time comes" is definitely worded to allude to a future event.  It doesn't sound like it's something imminent (i.e. the throne room).
@ISeeAnIsland

But at the LA event recently, Rian Johnson said that because of what Kylo saw when their hands touched, he planned on killing Snoke when Rey was with him because he knew she would stand with him.  So it does seem to allude to the throne room betrayal of Snoke—although it could also refer to a future event.  Let me see if I can find the quote.
@Lily Snape

But it could also be a multiple-meaning metaphor/ prophecy, because in the end, Kylo never turned to the light. He is still very much swallowed the Dark Side lie that power can protect love, which it cannot.  What he said to Rey is what he himself projects. Kylo is still holding on.  Kylo won't let the past die.  We cannot kill our past; we can only kill the power it holds over us and over future.  What has happened cannot be undone.  And by the metaphor of the legacy lightsaber, you can see that their story is still not complete.  Their mutual turning is only halfway complete because they literally tore the will of the Force apart.  The legacy lightsaber called first to Rey and then came to her hand during FA.  And now it split in half.  It's will is split in two.

(And I would argue that Leia restored hope for her son by touching one half of the lightsaber.  I wonder if that is a subtle nod that she hopes Rey will not give up on her son either, for no one is fully gone. Idea pulled from ReyloIsBlessed.)

Amilyn Holdo: When I served under Leia, she would say, hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it...

And Leia is looking at the sun; she is looking to Rey.... Wink

Last edited by Good-olio Raeh on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Good-olio Raeh
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 11 Feb 2018, 1:31 am

@Teo oswald

I read some very good analyzes about that on Tumblr yesterday. I agree with every aspect.

https://mother-of-porgs.tumblr.com/post/170730900720/the-romantic-force-bond-vision-and-a-dissection-of
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum