Kylo Ren/Ben Solo in IX

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Kylo Ren/Ben Solo in IX

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 02 May 2018, 1:27 am

@ZioRen wrote:For anyone worried about short-haired Kylo in IX based on the latest we've seen of Adam: Don't be. This Tumblr user just spelled it out nice and clear. Laughing

Adam one month before TLJ filming began:

Adam two/three months before IX filming begins:

@ZioRen

If I wasn't in my office now I'd add some pics from TFA press tour I've checked yesterday. Adam's hair is of the same length that is today. So, no panic - it's Kylo/Ben's length.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Fri 04 May 2018, 10:07 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:For anyone worried about short-haired Kylo in IX based on the latest we've seen of Adam: Don't be. This Tumblr user just spelled it out nice and clear. Laughing

Adam one month before TLJ filming began:

Adam two/three months before IX filming begins:

@ZioRen

If I wasn't in my office now I'd add some pics from TFA press tour I've checked yesterday. Adam's hair is of the same length that is today. So, no panic - it's Kylo/Ben's length.
@Darth_Awakened

I'm less curious about his hair length and more curious about his build.
I don't know how long it can take to build up the muscle AD had in TLJ... but TLJ Kylo was full on buff ( I mean fully shredded with an eight pack haaa) - comparing these two sets of images, it looks like AD was more muscled at this point in time heading into TLJ filming, than he is heading into IX.
AD looks less muscled now - more slight in build. (YMMV?)
My first thought: Could this be a clue AD is portraying a depressed and beleaguered Kylo/Ben who has been in decline physically since the end of TLJ, at the start of IX?!
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah on Sat 05 May 2018, 12:19 am

@DeeBee Idk. He looked pretty buff to me in those set pictures for that Noah Baumbach movie. It is kind of hard to tell in those video stills.

Btw important question for everyone: Do you think we will get shirtless Kylo again?
rawpowah
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Sat 05 May 2018, 12:32 am

@rawpowah wrote:Btw important question for everyone: Do you think we will get shirtless Kylo again?
@rawpowah

He better! And Rey will be comfortable with it this time. Smile
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sat 05 May 2018, 12:33 am

@rawpowah wrote:
Btw important question for everyone: Do you think we will get shirtless Kylo again?
@rawpowah

Maybe- but to be honest...I rather see him & Rey having tender moments and finally a kiss (SW-rated of course).

We had sexy and physical attraction in VIII now I want to see them finally acting on the deeper feelings for each other.

and- as silly as this sound, I want to see Kylo/Ben dressed in something...more casual? Not to put him in Jedi robes (meh, please NO  No Qst  )
But you know still Kylo Ren-ish but less formal.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Sun 06 May 2018, 8:16 pm

@rawpowah wrote:@DeeBee Idk. He looked pretty buff to me in those set pictures for that Noah Baumbach movie. It is kind of hard to tell in those video stills.

@rawpowah
I don't know either - we'll have to look at lots of AD photos.. ahem.. it's a duty!

LOL you ask the important questions rawpowah!  Laughing

@californiagirl wrote:
@rawpowah wrote:Btw important question for everyone: Do you think we will get shirtless Kylo again?
@rawpowah

He better! And Rey will be comfortable with it this time. Smile
@californiagirl
I don't know.. we've seen it already.. yeah, the only reason to show it again is to show a difference.. like maybe Kylo/Ben has gotten less bulky and they want this to be part of the story.. Rey would certainly notice  Razz

@Night Huntress wrote:
@rawpowah wrote:
@rawpowah

Maybe- but to be honest...I rather see him & Rey having tender moments and finally a kiss (SW-rated of course).

We had sexy and physical attraction in VIII now I want to see them finally acting on the deeper feelings for each other.

and- as silly as this sound, I want to see Kylo/Ben dressed in something...more casual? Not to put him in Jedi robes (meh, please NO  No Qst  )
But you know still Kylo Ren-ish but less formal.
@Night Huntress
-I find myself agreeing with you again Night Huntress (I've been liking your comments all over the place ha!)
Same! I'd love a scene that is more tender and affectionate at this point, rather than just pure lust!

Less formal wear would be great - maybe because the black outfits feel like they are part of the persona he is struggling to hang on to.
Though the context was awful - I loved seeing Ben asleep in his night clothes for a second there before Luke went and ruined it. LOL.
I'd love to see this moment revisited in a positive way. This would be easy to do if the Force Bond results in them sleeping next to each other eventually (as fan fics love to play with). E.g. Assassin sent by the resistance or Hux goes to attack sleeping Kylo/Ben, the assassin would not know Rey is there through the force bond and Rey alerts Kylo/Ben or stops the assassin herself (pulling her lightsaber and blocking the attack whoo)..
I do love the trope that both Rey and Kylo/Ben can sleep soundly only when with the other. H-beating
Scenes in The Last Shot have portrayed toddler Kylo/Ben as having co-slept with his parents... so it fits..

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 06 May 2018, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos galore)
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Mon 07 May 2018, 12:52 am

@DeeBee wrote:
@Night Huntress
-I find myself agreeing with you again Night Huntress (I've been liking your comments all over the place ha!)
Same! I'd love a scene that is more tender and affectionate at this point, rather than just pure lust!

Oh, thanks! And same  Lolilol  Thumbs up

I do think they had tender moments in TLJ (hand touching/elevator scene) but it's still like they struggle to fully acknowledge it.
Rey is trying to cover her real feelings for going to Ben with "the greater cause and the resistance- this is how we win!" nonsense- and while this sure are some part of her motivations it's not the main reason for her sudden change of heart. I mean she beat Luke Skywalker with a stick for interrupting their hand touching! Come on! Razz

And Ben killed his master to protect her but instead of simply asking her out he offers her dictatorship hiding his true motivation behind the bold move. Men Eh bien

@DeeBee wrote:
Less formal wear would be great - maybe because the black outfits feel like they are part of the persona he is struggling to hang on to.
Though the context was awful - I loved seeing Ben asleep in his night clothes for a second there before Luke went and ruined it. LOL.
I'd love to see this moment revisited in a positive way. This would be easy to do if the Force Bond results in them sleeping next to each other eventually (as fan fics love to play with). E.g. Assassin sent by the resistance or Hux goes to attack sleeping Kylo/Ben, the assassin would not know Rey is there through the force bond and Rey alerts Kylo/Ben or stops the assassin herself (pulling her lightsaber and blocking the attack whoo)..
I do love the trope that both Rey and Kylo/Ben can sleep soundly only when with the other. H-beating
Scenes in The Last Shot have portrayed toddler Kylo/Ben as having co-slept with his parents... so it fits..
@DeeBee

Oh yeah, I know it's a common theme in reylo fanfic and I love it...and I agree his cloth are like an armor, just like the mask was- and just like the mask I hope he get's rid of it in some way.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 07 May 2018, 8:28 am

@DeeBee wrote:Though the context was awful - I loved seeing Ben asleep in his night clothes for a second there before Luke went and ruined it. LOL.
@DeeBee

Yes! I’ve been thinking about it for quite a while now - if force skypes aren’t dropped in IX (and I hope they aren’t, even though I want Rey and Kylo to spend some real quality time together), it’d be a waste not to include one while Rey/Kylo/both is/are asleep. They don’t have to wake up and notice it (this would go either in the humourous or kinda erotic - like the shirtless force skype - direction), but it’d be meaningful for the audience to see. And if only one of them is asleep, the other can watch - like in the interrogation room Kylo kept watching Rey) and the camera could show the audience all the facial expressions full of concern, longing, hurt, love, lust etc. of the person who’s awake. I like this idea so much that I can’t even decide who should be asleep and who awake lol! . The idea of them both finally sleeping peacefully while together is wonderful too.
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 07 May 2018, 11:09 am

@nana7marie wrote:
@DeeBee wrote:Though the context was awful - I loved seeing Ben asleep in his night clothes for a second there before Luke went and ruined it. LOL.
@DeeBee

Yes! I’ve been thinking about it for quite a while now - if force skypes aren’t dropped in IX (and I hope they aren’t, even though I want Rey and Kylo to spend some real quality time together), it’d be a waste not to include one while Rey/Kylo/both is/are asleep. They don’t have to wake up and notice it (this would go either in the humourous or kinda erotic - like the shirtless force skype - direction), but it’d be meaningful for the audience to see. And if only one of them is asleep, the other can watch - like in the interrogation room Kylo kept watching Rey) and the camera could show the audience all the facial expressions full of concern, longing, hurt, love, lust etc. of the person who’s awake. I like this idea so much that I can’t even decide who should be asleep and who awake lol! . The idea of them both finally sleeping peacefully while together is wonderful too.
@nana7marie
I love the idea  Smile  but, if I had to choose, I'd like Rey to be the one who's awake because if it's Kylo, some people (*cough* antis *cough*) will say things like "he's a creep" or "it's Twilight" Rolling Eyes, even if the scene was sweet and not creepy at all. Nope
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Mon 07 May 2018, 1:13 pm

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:
@DeeBee

@nana7marie
I love the idea  Smile  but, if I had to choose, I'd like Rey to be the one who's awake because if it's Kylo, some people (*cough* antis *cough*) will say things like "he's a creep" or "it's Twilight" Rolling Eyes, even if the scene was sweet and not creepy at all. Nope
@Moonlight13

I agree. I also think that a lot of people already have a sense that Kylo has a thing for Rey, whether they think it is villainous or not. OTOH, Rey's never had her "not to me" and "please" moment, and further, she keeps trying to put all her actions under the "for the Resistance" umbrella. The audience needs to see her care for him in a very obvious way.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Mon 07 May 2018, 2:21 pm

Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Mon 07 May 2018, 3:08 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:I love the idea  Smile  but, if I had to choose, I'd like Rey to be the one who's awake because if it's Kylo, some people (*cough* antis *cough*) will say things like "he's a creep" or "it's Twilight" Rolling Eyes, even if the scene was sweet and not creepy at all. Nope
@Moonlight13

I agree. I also think that a lot of people already have a sense that Kylo has a thing for Rey, whether they think it is villainous or not. OTOH, Rey's never had her "not to me" and "please" moment, and further, she keeps trying to put all her actions under the "for the Resistance" umbrella. The audience needs to see her care for him in a very obvious way.
@SoloSideCousin
@Moonlight13

You’re right guys - it’d be a chance to show Rey’s feelings in a pretty straightforward way. Also, Kylo’s already watched Rey sleeping, the same situation in reverse would be very cool. Finally - do I really care to watch Rey’s sleeping face? Nah... Sexy Supreme Leader Kylo Ren on the other hand... ROFL

Last edited by nana7marie on Mon 07 May 2018, 3:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri on Mon 07 May 2018, 3:27 pm

Interesting Kylo Ren article:

"When Kylo Ren finally killed Snoke, I knew that he would forever be a different breed of villain. In fact, calling him a “villain” is an oversimplification of his character because at the end of the day Ben Solo is a human like you or I.

His entire arc so far shows the duality of mankind. We have both potential for “good” and for “evil” as humans, and people rarely are completely on one side or another. Star Wars has long enforced the idea that Force users must be one of two options: they are either Jedi, or they are Sith. But the truth is, humans are simply too complex of creatures to be split so easily down the middle.

Ben Solo has done many evil things. But when you look at the big picture, so has his father. So has his mother. So has Rey, Finn, Poe, and any other number of Star Wars characters. Luke Skywalker, the series’ golden boy, even abandoned the rest of the world for his own selfish reasons—but no one would ever say that he was a Sith. So why do we villainize Kylo Ren in such a manner?

While Star Wars Episode IX is still a long way off, I would bet money that we see Ben Solo redeemed to the Light during this film. Darth Vader had a similar redemption arc, but his was cheapened by his mortal wounds. Repentance on your deathbed is easy, living with the consequences of your actions is much harder.

Ben Solo was betrayed by his family, manipulated by his mentor, and rejected by the one person he thought he had found a partner in. While this doesn’t excuse his evil actions, it does explain them—and that’s why Kylo Ren is the Star Wars villain we deserve. He is a truly human representation of the Jedi and serves to show the duality of man. When Kylo Ren is redeemed, he will have come full circle. He will have shown how easy it is to turn to succumb to hatred, how difficult it is to acknowledge the hurt you’ve caused, and how hard it is to live with the consequences of your actions. He will be the first villain to have gone through such an arc, and I have no doubt that it will play out beautifully on the silver screen."

http://mammothgamers.com/2018/05/kylo-ren-star-wars-villain-deserve/

Riri
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Mon 07 May 2018, 4:21 pm

Repentance on your deathbed is easy, living with the consequences of your actions is much harder.

YES. I'm fully anticipating a bunch of terrible hot takes about how Kylo's redemption is safe and repetitive and does nothing new. Except, you know, he lives. Which is kind of major. And has pretty earth-shattering ramifications for SW and all its canon material and future saga films. You know, minor things like that.
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Mon 07 May 2018, 5:19 pm

@nana7marie wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:I love the idea  Smile  but, if I had to choose, I'd like Rey to be the one who's awake because if it's Kylo, some people (*cough* antis *cough*) will say things like "he's a creep" or "it's Twilight" Rolling Eyes, even if the scene was sweet and not creepy at all. Nope
@Moonlight13

@SoloSideCousin
@Moonlight13

You’re right guys - it’d be a chance to show Rey’s feelings in a pretty straightforward way. Also, Kylo’s already watched Rey sleeping, the same situation in reverse would be very cool. Finally - do I really care to watch Rey’s sleeping face? Nah... Sexy Supreme Leader Kylo Ren on the other hand... ROFL
@nana7marie

I see I'm not the only one who likes this trope Very Happy
Lovin all these ideas!
Yeah it would need to be done carefully so Kylo/Ben can't be accused of being a perv. lol! That's a good call!
How about something like this?!

though maybe without the bare skin so there's no suggestion of pervy-ness. rofl.

I'm thinking after the events at the end of TLJ we need to see that both Rey and Kylo/Ben still have feelings for the other.

I think the audience needs an insight into Rey's thoughts/heart in general... she seems to be not as easy to understand for the audience as Kylo/Ben. For me, I'm okay with her in TLJ but I do see she was skimmed over there at the end in preference for the Luke/Kylo confrontation.

We could have had Rey watching 'sleeping' Kylo in the throne room - as she woke first. But we have been deprived of seeing this  - so far. I still have my hopes that a holo camera has picked up the events, and eventually Kylo/Ben will see Rey didn't spit on him and leave him. She agonized. kissed him affectionately cheek/lips whatever.. and she left. Rejecting him? no.. saving her friends? Yes..
I have visions of Hux being all evil, showing Kylo/Ben the holo - you murdered Snoke not the girl! you will pay! I'm SL now! Muahahaha..
While Hux raves on and on the throne room footage keeps rolling.. and Kylo/Ben watches this quiet moment Rey had with him.
I think this could be a revelation for him, a turning point. Could be a cool juxtaposition between ranting, worked up Hux sprouting hate at Kylo/Ben, while Kylo/Ben is having a love filled epiphany. I think I'll go swoon now..
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Tue 08 May 2018, 3:11 am

@DeeBee wrote:
@nana7marie wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Moonlight13

@SoloSideCousin
@Moonlight13

@nana7marie

I see I'm not the only one who likes this trope Very Happy
Lovin all these ideas!
Yeah it would need to be done carefully so Kylo/Ben can't be accused of being a perv. lol! That's a good call!

though maybe without the bare skin so there's no suggestion of pervy-ness. rofl.

I'm thinking after the events at the end of TLJ we need to see that both Rey and Kylo/Ben still have feelings for the other.

I think the audience needs an insight into Rey's thoughts/heart in general... she seems to be not as easy to understand for the audience as Kylo/Ben. For me, I'm okay with her in TLJ but I do see she was skimmed over there at the end in preference for the Luke/Kylo confrontation.

We could have had Rey watching 'sleeping' Kylo in the throne room - as she woke first. But we have been deprived of seeing this  - so far. I still have my hopes that a holo camera has picked up the events, and eventually Kylo/Ben will see Rey didn't spit on him and leave him. She agonized. kissed him affectionately cheek/lips whatever.. and she left. Rejecting him? no.. saving her friends? Yes..
I have visions of Hux being all evil, showing Kylo/Ben the holo - you murdered Snoke not the girl!  you will pay! I'm SL now! Muahahaha..
While Hux raves on and on the throne room footage keeps rolling.. and Kylo/Ben watches this quiet moment Rey had with him.
I think this could be a revelation for him, a turning point. Could be a cool juxtaposition between ranting, worked up Hux sprouting hate at Kylo/Ben, while Kylo/Ben is having a love filled epiphany. I think I'll go swoon now..
@DeeBee

I love what you wrote, but in terms of the gif -- I'd love it except only once they're in an acknowledged relationship. How tenderly seductive would it be to see Kylo/Ben do that to Rey once they've both admitted their feelings to each other. In fact, if they show something like this -- say, in a field or a beach -- sometime after we get a second proposal that is accepted. Gah. I can already hear a whole lot of screaming in the theater... and you know what, if they show something like that, I'd even forego the kiss (nah!).

I still remember when the first X-Files movie came out in 1998 and there was the corridor scene and almost-kiss... there was SO MUCH anticipation/trepidation in the fandom for that scene. My brother (who wasn't a Phile and was basically humoring me by watching it with me) turned to me amidst all the yelling and screaming in the theater and said -- "you dragged me here just so you wanted to see this again, didn'tcha?!" (he knew I'd already seen it several times lol)...

We all have our weaknesses! (for those of you who're Philes, you might remember that there was actually a BTS of that scene where Gillian pushed David up against the wall and kissed him haha).

Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Tue 08 May 2018, 3:37 am

@DeeBee
@DeeBee wrote: I see I'm not the only one who likes this trope Very Happy
Lovin all these ideas!

I’m afraid that just as @Moonlight13 has written any scene with sleeping Rey/awake Kylo will be considered creepy by antis and they’ll call Kylo a pervert and a rapist yet again lol! . Though to be honest in case of the reverse situation - sleeping Kylo/awake Rey - she’ll be heavily criticised too - think of all the ‘bad role model’, ‘Rey needs no man’, ‘relegated to a love interest’ comments  L-puke .
@DeeBee wrote:I'm thinking after the events at the end of TLJ we need to see that both Rey and Kylo/Ben still have feelings for the other.

I have visions of Hux being all evil, showing Kylo/Ben the holo - you murdered Snoke not the girl!  you will pay! I'm SL now! Muahahaha..
Yes! It’d be wonderful to show what Rey did after she’d woken up - the novelisation only says she stood over Kylo and provides insight to her thoughts (all that deep thinking regarding the Force Eh bien ) so adding some content wouldn’t contradict what’s already there cos there’s barely anything. I kinda understand why there was no affectionate look or some hair stroking or a subtle kiss in TLJ, though, cos it’d make Rey’s feelings so obvious that even the most hateful antis wouldn’t be able to deny them anymore. The last force skype wouldn’t have the same impact either - we’d all have known Rey’s surely in love and the element of uncertainty would’ve disappeared. I’ve been thinking of Rey having some flashbacks, or dreams, or even Kylo reading her mind and seeing that scene through her eyes as I’m not a fan of the holovid - I feel like in RotS it makes the scene where Yoda and Obi-Wan discover the bodies in the Jedi temple less impactful and so I’m prejudiced Razz .
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Tue 08 May 2018, 9:38 pm

@Dar-ren19 @nana7marie - Hiya!
You both make a lot of sense.. it's going to be interesting to see how they end up showing us their feelings for each other..
I think audience reaction to IX is going to be highly entertaining!! LOL.
Yeah Dar-ren19 an established relationship does avoid perviness.. I was playing with ways to show the developing feelings (the struggle against these feelings, the longing, the giving in, their connection etc.) When the relationship hasn't been openly acknowledged or established.

OH hey - Snoke got to stroke Rey's cheek (ugh) is the GA raving about that?! so if Kylo/Ben touches her cheek that's never going to be that pervy ever! haaaaa..

What the audience will accept is hard to pin down for an amateur like me lol. I've stopped trying to figure out what some SW fans would find pervy. LOL! For some, it doesn't matter how careful the makers are, they are going to see Kylo hitting on Rey as pervy, and Rey hitting on Kylo as a fall from grace that goes against her pure goodness - so is 'out of character' (ugh).

If JJ follows RJ's philosophy of telling the story you want to tell and not worrying about pleasing everyone - I think we could potentially get some bold risk taking on JJ's part. My instinct says JJ will.
An interrogation scene with Rey restrained in a chair and Kylo telling her he can take whatever he wants?! All up close like that?? alone??
That was a risky move (IMHO of course) for JJ - and that was when he was playing it safe with TFA! Look out, what will he do in IX?! haaa...
I think JJ has it in him to be bold, give us a little surreptitious cheek caress and pull it off.H-beating

I think a cheek caress of sleeping Rey with Kylo saying goodbye and heading out the door would be different to a cheek caress and then Kylo getting into bed to join her - know what I mean?! Or cheek caress while they are actually not across the bond, but there are others in the room or heard in the distance could be less pervy too?
Who knew a cheek caress or a hand touch could range from chaste to 18+ ! Not me, I've never thought about this that much. haaaa.. it's funny what Reylo gets me thinking about these days! haaaa

I think how 'touch' will be used in IX is going to be super interesting because it is part of Kylo/Ben's story in a way that is quite central to his journey. Touch is deeply significant to this character and his history.. it's going to mean even more than usual for someone like Kylo/Ben to be reaching out and touching Rey affectionately - with NO GLOVES!! We've only seen two instance of Kylo/Ben touching anyone with no physical barrier and they were both pivotal moments for his character. Han touching his cheek as he died (and forgave Ben), and the Rey hand touch across their bond. Massive!!!

I agree nana7marie - it was best we didn't have any physical affection between them in TLJ - we're not there yet in their relationship.... and.. it made the hand sex moment (LOL) so powerful..

Interesting possibilities you've shared nana7marie! Yeah they could go with visions (that we actually see this time lol) and dreams for both Rey and Kylo.. Kylo reading Rey's mind and seeing her say goodbye in the throne room? interesting idea!!!
But, I don't want a repeat of Kylo pilfering her mind like he did in TFA. Maybe you were thinking of this in the context of Rey giving him permission to? or encouraging him to look and see? Like sharing that memory with him?
That could work.. and that way the audience can see it to- always better to see than see a conversation about what happened. Yawn.

Yeah true about Yoda and Obi-wan! I guess slaughtering children was something they couldn't directly show - for obvious reasons.. But maybe it would be different to see a touching moment via holo instead... and if the actor responding to the holo knocks it out the park in their reaction (As AD would), it can be powerfully done. You make good points.. but I think if they want to do it this way, it can be pulled of.
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Wed 09 May 2018, 12:08 am

I would love to see Rey touching Ben's scarred cheek - either when he is asleep or when they're having a tender moment...

What I missed in TLJ is Rey recognizing the injuries she caused Ben. Sure, he had it coming- don't get me wrong. But she is highly compassionate and I want her to be at least a bit affected. Maybe just admitting how ruthless she was back on Starkiller.
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 on Wed 09 May 2018, 1:06 am

@DeeBee - whatever happens in IX, what I would really love to see is Rey acknowledging her feelings for Ben/Kylo... and showing him some form of physical affection w/o any initiative on his part - be it a kiss or a caress or a (sensual) hug. etc.

I like your idea of her touching the scar too @Night Huntress Smile
Dar-ren19
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee on Wed 09 May 2018, 1:25 am

@Night Huntress wrote:I would love to see Rey touching Ben's scarred cheek - either when he is asleep or when they're having a tender moment...

What I missed in TLJ is Rey recognizing the injuries she caused Ben. Sure, he had it coming- don't get me wrong. But she is highly compassionate and I want her to be at least a bit affected. Maybe just admitting how ruthless she was back on Starkiller.
@Night Huntress
-Oh yes this would be wonderful! I was so surprised to see not even a mention of it in TLJ! Aie!!!
Kylo/Ben didn't acknowledge any 'injuries' he may have caused in TFA either. There is so much that goes unsaid between them...

@Dar-ren19 wrote:@DeeBee - whatever happens in IX, what I would really love to see is Rey acknowledging her feelings for Ben/Kylo... and showing him some form of physical affection w/o any initiative on his part - be it a kiss or a caress or a (sensual) hug. etc.

I like your idea of her touching the scar too @Night Huntress Smile
@Dar-ren19
-Hear hear! I need to see this! I'm not picky about how it ends up being portrayed lol. [but it sure is fun to play around with while we wait!]

-yeah hopefully we'll see some kind of acknowledgement in IX of how far they've come in their relationship - maybe once they arrive at the final destination of happily ever after  Love
DeeBee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie on Wed 09 May 2018, 5:02 pm

@DeeBee
@DeeBee wrote:@Dar-ren19 @nana7marie - Hiya!
You both make a lot of sense.. it's going to be interesting to see how they end up showing us their feelings for each other..
I think audience reaction to IX is going to be highly entertaining!! LOL.
Yeah Dar-ren19 an established relationship does avoid perviness.. I was playing with ways to show the developing feelings (the struggle against these feelings, the longing, the giving in, their connection etc.) When the relationship hasn't been openly acknowledged or established.

OH hey - Snoke got to stroke Rey's cheek (ugh)  is the GA raving about that?! so if Kylo/Ben touches her cheek that's never going to be that pervy ever! haaaaa..

What the audience will accept is hard to pin down for an amateur like me lol. I've stopped trying to figure out what some SW fans would find pervy. LOL! For some, it doesn't matter how careful the makers are, they are going to see Kylo hitting on Rey as pervy, and Rey hitting on Kylo as a fall from grace that goes against her pure goodness - so is 'out of character' (ugh).
Actually, I’d love to see their kiss and other loving gestures before they’re in an established relationship (which could pretty much happen in a sort of epilogue only). I’m all for cheek caressing, hair stroking and kissing when they’re acknowledging their feelings (and cheek caressing or hair stroking could be even earlier, especially if it was Rey showing her affection to Kylo at last).
@DeeBee wrote:If JJ follows RJ's philosophy of telling the story you want to tell and not worrying about pleasing everyone - I think we could potentially get some bold risk taking on JJ's part. My instinct says JJ will.
An interrogation scene with Rey restrained in a chair and Kylo telling her he can take whatever he wants?! All up close like that?? alone??
That was a risky move (IMHO of course) for JJ - and that was when he was playing it safe with TFA! Look out, what will he do in IX?! haaa...
I think JJ has it in him to be bold, give us a little surreptitious cheek caress and pull it off.H-beating
When I first saw TFA, I noticed the sexual tension but thought that maybe it was just me, or an accident, or something else - but after TLJ I knew it was on purpose. Even antis picked it up hence all the comments about Kylo raping Rey cos she was restrained and her mind forcibly probed. And you’re right, it was a pretty bold move so J.J. bring on the reylo sexual chemistry! Twisted Evil
@DeeBee wrote:I think a cheek caress of sleeping Rey with Kylo saying goodbye and heading out the door would be different to a cheek caress and then Kylo getting into bed to join her - know what I mean?! Or cheek caress while they are actually not across the bond, but there are others in the room or heard in the distance could be less pervy too?
Who knew a cheek caress or a hand touch could range from chaste to 18+ ! Not me, I've never thought about this that much. haaaa.. it's funny what Reylo gets me thinking about these days! haaaa
I agree - I think there’s a difference between caressing somebody’s cheek or stroking their hair and kissing them and making out and so on - different levels of intimacy, hence for me cheek caressing wouldn’t cross the boundary yet. Also, there’s a difference between said caressing with the other party anticipating it and them being surprised by the action, not knowing how to respond and finally being against it. Obviously how I envision it would be with Rey anticipating the gesture and using this opportunity to express her own feelings in return but since we talked about the sleeping scenario, where she wouldn’t have a chance to say how much she liked it and how much she liked Kylo himself, a reverse situation would be better to avoid accusations of Kylo being a perverted rapist etc. - which is unavoidable anyway - ‘but he raped her in the interrogation room’, ‘but he sexually assaulted her by appearing shirtless’  Nope .
@DeeBee wrote:Interesting possibilities you've shared nana7marie! Yeah they could go with visions (that we actually see this time lol) and dreams for both Rey and Kylo.. Kylo reading Rey's mind and seeing her say goodbye in the throne room? interesting idea!!!
But, I don't want a repeat of Kylo pilfering her mind like he did in TFA. Maybe you were thinking of this in the context of Rey giving him permission to? or encouraging him to look and see? Like sharing that memory with him?
That could work.. and that way the audience can see it to- always better to see than see a conversation about what happened. Yawn.
I was actually thinking of Kylo forcibly probing Rey’s mind but I also don’t like this idea for a number of reasons. In TFA Kylo did this cos he kinda had no other choice but wasn’t very eager to cause Rey pain/discomfort - especially in the novelisation. So I don’t see how he’d do it now when they’re even more connected and have some ‘history’. Also, the reason for him probing her mind would have to be something else than Kylo’s own insecurities regarding Rey’s feelings for him - otherwise it doesn’t match his treatment of Rey so far where Kylo acknowledged her agency regarding their relationship (offered to teach her or join him in ruling the galaxy as oppposed to forcing her). But making Rey have some secret and highly important information that Kylo needs only to accidentally discover her feelings is a bit obvious and screams TFA rehash. So I’m more into a flashback or a dream Smile .
@DeeBee wrote:Yeah true about Yoda and Obi-wan! I guess slaughtering children was something they couldn't directly show - for obvious reasons.. But maybe it would be different to see a touching moment via holo instead... and if the actor responding to the holo knocks it out the park in their reaction (As AD would), it can be powerfully done. You make good points.. but I think if they want to do it this way, it can be pulled of.  
I don’t think it was necessary to show the act of slaughtering children at all, be it directly or via holovid - the audience knew what happened and who was responsible and so did the characters, Obi-Wan just tried to hold out hope he’s wrong. But you’re right - in this case and with these actors the effect might be very different.
nana7marie
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 09 May 2018, 5:16 pm

californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl on Wed 09 May 2018, 5:20 pm

Also sorry I posted on the wrong thread instead of the tweets thread! Though honestly it relates to Kylo too, as I'm sure his redemption and romance will ruin everyone's childhoods in some fashion or another Very Happy
californiagirl
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Sat 19 May 2018, 4:31 pm

When JJ tells you you're going to kiss Rey in IX and you're getting redeemed

Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next